Hime

[News] Aion: Awakened Legacy Arrives October 24

1 minute ago, Cookiee-KT said:

I can kind of understand why they made it a scroll. If you can see someone's transform then you know what stats they have from it, and how powerful it is. Whereas if they use a transparency scroll you have no idea. Not saying I agree with it by the way. Just that I can understand why they would take the scroll approach.

Agreed that point in PVP, however we don't see a person's title necessarily now _ I have mine set to abyss title- and we manage. So I don't consider that reason enough, given the money and the experience hit and the inconvenience.

Just now, Cheesecake-DN said:

I'm not Korea. I did not make this decision. People in other threads have elaborated more on the "why" of the situation. I would love seeing a toggle, too. This is what we currently have, though. It sucks, but this is our workaround. To be fair, even, it's nice that we have this workaround versus the ugly candies of now, which, unless I've completely missed it, are necessary for stats and cannot be hidden.

On the EU PTS, I had a ton of transparency scrolls in relatively little time for relatively little expense. I didn't buy them off the $$$ market (they were 1 per 1 coin there, too, so big moneymaker /s). I bought them with kinah in the game from the golden sand thing.

Understood, yo didn't. But candies are NOT necessary now - you get critical stats from armor and your weapon.

Transform contracts ARE- without them - no cast speed, no attack speed, no movement speed. You can get  other stats as well.

So if you don't want to see your transform in 6.x that's a nyerk-poor workaround. It's really a very bad game design that runis a lot of player's experience- but in the end, even my opinion doesn't matter- we'll see from EU and NA and KR after a while.

5 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

Agreed that point in PVP, however we don't see a person's title necessarily now _ I have mine set to abyss title- and we manage. So I don't consider that reason enough, given the money and the experience hit and the inconvenience.

Understood, yo didn't. But candies are NOT necessary now - you get critical stats from armor and your weapon.

Transform contracts ARE- without them - no cast speed, no attack speed, no movement speed. You can get  other stats as well.

So if you don't want to see your transform in 6.x that's a nyerk-poor workaround. It's really a very bad game design that runis a lot of player's experience- but in the end, even my opinion doesn't matter- we'll see from EU and NA and KR after a while.

I didn't understand you correctly, and I apologize.

It is bad game design. So far as I can recall, I've never agreed with it, especially after playing the EU PTS, but I am glad there's an ingame, no $ workaround, even if it's shitty because of bad game design, that I can work with until they one day do or do not address it. Other people explained more of why Korea did this and doesn't care about the character customization experience, even though you and I obviously care (/gazes forlornly at characters upon characters upon characters of skins and PS tickets saved up for the patch). I've worked really hard and for a long time on my collection, too, and I hate how NCsoft ditched scrolls for a shitty p2w system, that I hope NCwest doesn't implement here.

Yay!! I logged in, just so I could comment. So happy this is finally announced; and it's a few days after my birthday! October 19th :D Happy birthday... to me. ;D

I am sad about this whole transformation thingie, though. I don't like that I'm forced into a .... transformation that will cover my character and "costume". :( And I'm a broke girl, I can't afford invisible "scrolls" every 10 minutes.......... and if it doesn't work like that? like, I can't afford to buy one. So. Q_Q

Edited by Ooctavia-KT

Say-KT   

@Hime

Are you going to give us the quina system? please don't try and change things to be 'better' like gameforge except actually make everything 3x more expensive for 0 reason, quina system kr/tw have is much more reasonable, its fine to pay for things on the shop just not at the prices gameforge came out with, they failed miserably 

Raefu-DN   

So the horrendous transformation system is actually coming over to NA huh?  Such a shame, was hoping to have a reason to come back.  A huge part of Aion was the visuals-  to hide them behind a terrible, gimmicky system is such a waste.  Adios till they remove that garbage.

I see a problem with cheaper items in the store. Some stuff should not be easily obtainable. The easiest example is the transformation skill, it should be somewhat hard to get the good one in game, or maybe to pay a lot. Imagine everyone running with decent transforms after few weeks of 6.2, its almost the same as to give people the best gear.

There are few game elements in 6.2 to compete at:

1. New Daevaeon skills (for first few weeks)
  2. PVP, PVE gear.
  3. Transformation skills.
  4. Cubic system.
  5. Abbys rank.

As you can see there are not a lot, removing one or providing an easy way to get it makes game limited. 

For example, you can do lot of stuff in BDO - that's why this game attracted lots of players with different game aspects (not all the people were focusing on the gear for a long time). 

If somebody likes the idea to get all and everything the same time here, maybe this project is not for you?

Edited by Unskilled-KT

@Hime @CyanDo a different work from the European, implant the same system of Quna Shop, will attract more players from Europe and North America, put the vip with a value of 10 dollars as it is in the Korean conversion, bringing the same rate, ended up bringing a good balance in all players, with this have achieved so many players and AION returned to the top 10 best mmorpg in Korea, watch the video and watch the satisfaction of one of the many promoters

@Hime @Cyan

This is perfect ^^

tumblr_p2qlebNP5T1s1ts8io1_1280.png

tumblr_p2qlebNP5T1s1ts8io2_1280.png

tumblr_p2qlebNP5T1s1ts8io3_1280.png

tumblr_p2qlebNP5T1s1ts8io5_1280.png

tumblr_p2qlebNP5T1s1ts8io6_1280.png

tumblr_p2qlebNP5T1s1ts8io4_1280.png

Refly - Cash Shop & VIP Membership

I don’t think this was widely touched on since 6.0′s release, so for players who are still interested in dropping a motherload on Aion, this is what you’re in for.

The cash shop is now directly and indirectly tied towards the quna shop, it serves three main functions:

1. Quna purchase
2. VIP Membership purchase
3. Server Transfer (currently unavailable)

While NCsoft did promise to make quna obtainable via in-game methods, there is still the high road option. Currently, the most expensive quna bundle costs a staggering 99,000 C (approximately $90*), which grants the player 4,320 quna and 25administrator scrolls.

The rest of the bundles contain the same content, but at varying quantitiles. There is also an introductory bundle (only purchasable once per account), which contains a 300 quna alongside bonus items such as a universal dye, stigma set bundle, 30-day title, minion contract scrolls and a consumable supply box.

*this is all under the assumption that their credits conversion still remains unchanged, $10 = 10,000 credits

VIP Membership 

While Aion is now free-to-play in Korea, there is now an optional VIP membership system which will grant players additional benefits and goodies. If you have played Blade & Soul, this becomes a lot easier to comprehend as NCsoft has officially adopted the same VIP membership system under Aion.

(in descending order according to screenshots)

1. Quna rates for VIP level 0-10

- You get 200 quna immediately upon membership purchase, regardless of VIP level
- 2nd row is the % increase in quna per day (based on VIP level)
- 3rd row is how much quna you get per day (based on VIP level)

2. Paid stats for VIP level 0-10

TL;DR, at VIP level 10, you get: 1900 HP, 115 physical atk, 115 magic atk, 45 heal boost, 76 physical def, 76 magic def, 220 accuracy, 220 magic accuracy and 10% item drop rate.

The drop rate boost in only applicable within instances, and starts off from VIP level 0. If you intend to get all the stats, you will need to achieve at least VIP level 4.

3. Miscellaneous Benefits

- Inventory expansion; up to 27 slots
- Increased Broker slots; up to 20
- Increase the no. of times of gold ingot exchange per day; 1
- Increase in remote store sale cost, up to 500% at level 10 VIP
- Increase the no. of daily quna saved allowances (for if you remain offline), up to 75

4. EXP table for leveling VIP membership

Every time you purchase a membership, you will get 10 exp, 5 consecutive purchases will net you 15 exp, so do the math.

I've been scrolling through the posts and the one that really scared me the most was the Kinah transferring-thing...

So here are my questions:

a) I understand that Hime said she'll get back to us about the Kinah thing...are we supposed to empty our shared warehouses of stored Kinah onto our characters? I'm very certain, as a casual player, that I'll need a reminder to move my Kinah out of the warehouse before this update goes live.

b) Will any other items in my account warehouse, like bound wing skins and other *valuables*, be affected by the update?

c) How exactly will potions be affected? I'm guilty to admit I hoard potions, with my main being a Songweaver (and basically a walking pot), and the last time I logged on after a major update all my potions had been reduced to 4? different types that I could stack. Will these old potions be removed? Will we get replacements? I'm reading that there are going to be far more powerful potions that outstrip whatever the 5.8 potions do, but...eh, I just want more information on what's happening with the old ones.

d) Also, is this "compensation gear" I'm hearing about just for players who've reached 75+ and have endgame gear, or are they handing out new gear to all players level 66+, or to all players who existed before the patch? Or are we getting no "compensation gear" at all and I'm just assuming things?

Hopefully these questions aren't too dumb!

Kubei-DN   

I see we're finally getting 6.2 and holy crap I gotta hurry with the old maps

I'm hoping that of course we won't be punished like EU was with the transformation contracts. I believe we should get 1 that lets you choose an Ancient grade for your class. These things are account wide, so I think that'd be less painful for us than it was for EU. I know this is a big request, but playing EU, sometimes I do get frustrated with the slowness of attack/casting or running speed, not to mention, we will need immediate events that'll reward us transformation contracts.

@Hime, can you tell us about the exchange for certain scrolls? I'm talking specifically about those 10min, 30min and 1 hour scrolls. On EU they're still usable and I'm sure they were as well in Korea.

Heads up everyone, I do recommend you guys move kinah from your warehouses to your toons, while Gameforge promised these things would change automatically, lots of players complained that kinah vanished and was never exchanged. Their Essence Cores failed to be exchanged too.

Edited by Kubei-DN

Aly-DN   
4 hours ago, Reviler-KT said:

I've been scrolling through the posts and the one that really scared me the most was the Kinah transferring-thing...

So here are my questions:

a) I understand that Hime said she'll get back to us about the Kinah thing...are we supposed to empty our shared warehouses of stored Kinah onto our characters? I'm very certain, as a casual player, that I'll need a reminder to move my Kinah out of the warehouse before this update goes live.

b) Will any other items in my account warehouse, like bound wing skins and other *valuables*, be affected by the update?

c) How exactly will potions be affected? I'm guilty to admit I hoard potions, with my main being a Songweaver (and basically a walking pot), and the last time I logged on after a major update all my potions had been reduced to 4? different types that I could stack. Will these old potions be removed? Will we get replacements? I'm reading that there are going to be far more powerful potions that outstrip whatever the 5.8 potions do, but...eh, I just want more information on what's happening with the old ones.

d) Also, is this "compensation gear" I'm hearing about just for players who've reached 75+ and have endgame gear, or are they handing out new gear to all players level 66+, or to all players who existed before the patch? Or are we getting no "compensation gear" at all and I'm just assuming things?

Hopefully these questions aren't too dumb!

I can try and help a little.. as I have been playing on the EU server a bit to get ready for our update. Keep in mind that we might not have things exactly the way they do.

Kinah.. kinah is bound to a character. Period. You can't trade it to other characters. You can't trade it through your shared warehouse. You have almost a month. Make sure you move your kinah around to the character you want to have it on for 6.2.

Old Items.. most (if not all) of the tradeable items from before the patch will still be tradeable after. Skins. Manastones. Potions. Those things remained untouched with the new patch. Some crafting items were discontinued. Those items were "sold" when I first logged in. However, some old crafting materials remained. My aether was still there. Thing is.. the old crafting professions are gone as are the benches that let us craft. So not sure why my aether stayed. Regarding potions specifically, in the past our old blue/red potions were all changed to the purple combined. My old potions are remained as they were before the patch. The new crafting system does not allow you to craft consumables. Not potions. Not food/drink. Only gear. Scrolls are no longer a thing. All your old gear remains. It just doesn't hold a candle to the new gear so you will want to replace it soonish. You can still trade anything tradeable using your shared warehouse slots. If it was tradeable before, it's tradeable after the patch.

New Items.. the new items will be marked with two different things. First, they will be marked if they are tradeable to other players. Those things can be put in your shared warehouse. Second, they will be marked if they are tradeable via the broker. What is weird is that somethings (notably manastones) are marked as not tradeable to other players but only tradeable through the broker. That's the new manastones only. The old manastones are still fully tradeable.

Note.. something about scrolls. My old character on EU has no scrolls. I am pretty sure she had some, though I can't be sure. Haven't played her since 2012. She does have arena scrolls on her. Just not any normal run speed, attacked speed or elemental scrolls. Anyone can confirm what happened with old scrolls?

12 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

Why spend the time to design your character, and buy (real money) or craft skins, in order to hide it with what many people consider silly animal characters which ruin any immersion? 

Previously, we had candies, which were fun, and sometime imaginative- but they were temporary. Now, why should we pay in order to hide what we want? It makes no sense. Character design is a core aspect of the game, always has been. As several people have pointed out previously, the transparency feature should be a toggle, just like helms are.

This would appeal to everyone.

There are other ways really to make money, even in a F2P game, wiithout having such a poor player experience.

This I totally agree with. For each of my characters I spent over an hour in character creation to get them to look exactly how I wanted them to. I certainly didn't go through all that so i can hide what I've created to look like a silly cartoon animal.

Furthermore, on my EU account I've ran into a campaign quest that forces you to transform in order to complete it. Aion has always been bad about forcing you into things you don't like, especially if your mostly a solo player, but this I think is just going too far.

I have another question regarding gear my characters are currently wearing. Part of my concern regarding their skins has been answered. And I haven't read all the posts yet so I'll wait til I do then post it later on if it is not addressed as well.

1 hour ago, Alaska-KT said:

oh god....the end is coming 😨😢

Agreed. The Aion I know and love now has an official execution date. RIP>

Well, this wasn't addressed, at least not clearly.

I'll use my Gladiator for example as she is using the more diverse gear of all my characters:

Some of my Galdiators current gear is chain, as well as cloth, which she can currently wear no problem. I chose this option and these pieces because of the way they look and/or skins for them looked.

My question is: Because with 6x plate wearers are limited to plate, chain wearers to chain, etc., etc., etc., Will my characters who currently are wearing multiple types of gear at least be able to keep what they are currently wearing in the new patch?

I thank you in advance for your reply, for I too am a "broke girl" on disability and really can't afford to re-skin 3 to 4 of my characters gear as they are outfitted in this fashion.

Kubei-DN   
2 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

My question is: Because with 6x plate wearers are limited to plate, chain wearers to chain, etc., etc., etc., Will my characters who currently are wearing multiple types of gear at least be able to keep what they are currently wearing in the new patch?

I'm guessing it either remains on your character until unequipped or it gets unequipped automatically.

7 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I'm guessing it either remains on your character until unequipped or it gets unequipped automatically.

Well, I hope it's the former so I'll have time to find new skins I like that DO NOT eliminate my characters mane, and more importantly, I'm able to afford them.

18 hours ago, Hime said:

Also, many past favorites won't work with 6.2. I can't specifically recall which events, but it doesn't hurt to let us know what you'd like to see come back in 6.2 as we'll try to accommodate!

Tia Eye, Daeva's Dash, Wishing Fountain and The pumpkin from last year are my favourites, can you tell us if 6.2 supports them?

Edited by Letizi-DN

@Aly-DN  @Kubei-DN

I played around 2 years in EU, logged back in 1 week before the update and logged in again a few days After the update to see the damage took screenshots and recorded video of the automatic exchange of old items to prepare myself better here in NA.

In term of Scrolls i had in possession of every type (running, casting, atk speed, flying speed, Elemental Resistances, Anti-shock, Strike resist) :

5 min Alchemy crafted = several thousands

5 min Atreian pass = a few dozens

10 min from sanctum weekly = a few dozens

30 min from Code Red Event = several hundred

60 min duration = a few dozens

All got automatically removed and classified No usable

The scrolls are not in my invetory this is just the memory of the skill barVEwca4G.png

Atreian Passport Scroll Bundle is still in inventory W2BVo5h.png

The only exception i experienced in my account to this massacre is if you save the box from Code Red event icon_item_box04.png [Event] Prescription Bundle and open it AFTER the update, I opened 80% of my boxes the day before the update and saved a few boxes,  ofc the scrolls previous the update got erased but the boxes remained intact.

6hGaOzl.png

Edited by DevilNest-KT

Aly-DN   
10 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

@Aly-DN  @Kubei-DN

I played around 2 years in EU, logged back in 1 week before the update and logged in again a few days After the update to see the damage took screenshots and recorded video of the automatic exchange of old items to prepare myself better here in NA.

In term of Scrolls i had in possession of every type (running, casting, atk speed, flying speed, Elemental Resistances, Anti-shock, Strike resist) :

5 min Alchemy crafted = several thousands

5 min Atreian pass = a few dozens

10 min from sanctum weekly = a few dozens

30 min from Code Red Event = several hundred

60 min duration = a few dozens

All got automatically removed and classified No usable

The scrolls are not in my invetory this is just the memory of the skill barVEwca4G.png

Atreian Passport Scroll Bundle is still in inventory W2BVo5h.png

The only exception i experienced in my account to this massacre is if you save the box from Code Red event icon_item_box04.png [Event] Prescription Bundle and open it AFTER the update, I opened 80% of my boxes the day before the update and saved a few boxes,  ofc the scrolls previous the update got erased but the boxes remained intact.

6hGaOzl.png

Well that answers that with regards to scrolls.