Hime

[News] Aion: Awakened Legacy Arrives October 24

Bryos-DN   
40 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

I have a question for   @Hime regarding Qubrinerk's Cubic Lab:

I haven't seen how it's implemented in EU, but from what I understand from the KR version, this instance is only available for a random window during the new siege, for 12 minutes. In addition, only 24 people can enter.

I was really looking forwards to doing that instance as it looks like its the primary source of the cubics- but it sounds like it will be more frustrating to get into than even Panastera was in the beginning. 

Is this the way that it will be implemented in NA, or do you have any flexibility in the window and/or in the amount of entries if the player feedback wants an adjustment?

Its whenever you take an outpost, not the fortress. 

On 9/27/2018 at 4:42 PM, Levi-DN said:

@Hime Will luna craft have new skins? 

On 9/27/2018 at 4:44 PM, Hime said:

Oh yea. That baby is getting overhaaaaaaaaaauled.

@Hime I was under the impression that we could no longer craft skins using the luna shop? Other servers (European, Korean, etc.) have supposedly removed all skins from their shops and players are no longer able to craft any. Are you implying that ncwest will be different in that regard?

8 hours ago, Nyali-DN said:

@Hime Will you consider expanding character slots up to 11 slots just like GameForge EU did?

This really needs to happen sooner than later! Now that trading is account restricted, there is little reason to create multiple ones. In addition, there are currently more classes to choose from than character slots, which I find rather ridiculous.

Here are a few other questions I have regarding the update:

1. I've heard that guestblooms can no longer be purchased from npcs in Pernon/Oriel. Is this true for us? If so, will they ever become available again?
  2. Are there any plans to add items from the removed construction profession to the furniture store npcs in Pernon/Oriel plaza?
  3. Will the upper portions of Sanctum and areas in Pandaemonium be blocked off like they were in other regions when 6.0 first came out? The appearance mod npc happens to be in one of those blocked off areas, and I have some plastic surgery tickets I plan to use after the update. Will I still need to access that npc to use them?
Edited by Voltric-DN

On 9/27/2018 at 4:48 PM, Hime said:

For the Broker, it's not a bad idea, but it won't be necessary. It's likely the system will automatically take care of it for you. If that's not the case, we'll make sure all players get advance notice.

For unopened mail, you should be safe to leave everything there.

Are you sure everything our mailbox will be okay?  Because in Korea everything in mailboxes were deleted.

CUBICS/CUBICLES QUESTION!

Will there be a limit to the amount of cubics and cubicles that can be collected? Seeing as you can get permanent stats from this I would really hope so. Also, will there be stat limitations/caps implemented? 

Aly-DN   
4 hours ago, Yenifer-KT said:

Just one itsy bitsy question.   With each big update the fast track server was moved up a few levels, will this happen with this update as well?  Will there still be fast track servers?

EU doesn't have a Fast Track server. All leveling is done on your home server. Rifts, however, are once again capped by level. For example, a rift may appear in Gelk/Inggi that is only useable by those level 41 to 50.

The Cube Laboratory is an interesting thing. Having done no research and just hoping in, it's easy peasy. It is basically the Luna Weeklies with a slight rework. EU has 7 entries per week. The shugo NPC to enter the instance pops up after an artifact is taken and is open until the number of entries are used up or a time limit is up. When the NPC appears there is an announcement. When that NPC has 5 more minutes there is an annoucement. When the max number of entries are used up there is an announcement. If an NPC is up there will be a little cube mark on the map. It is a thing to camp this NPC. But.. you have all week to do 7 entries. So it really isn't a big deal.

As for omegas and temperings, there is a one for one exchange NPC in Pandae/Sanctum for those.

2 hours ago, Voltric-DN said:

1. Will the upper portions of Sanctum and areas in Pandaemonium be blocked off like they were in other regions when 6.0 first came out? The appearance mod npc happens to be in one of those blocked off areas, and I have some plastic surgery tickets I plan to use after the update. Will I still need to access that npc to use them?

You can still appearance mod and stuff. I'm just not 100% sure how/where you do it. They were talking about it on the PTS, but I never looked for myself.

@Bryos-DNboi, do you know how appearance modification works in 6.2? @Kubei-DN ?

Bryos-DN   

Cheese, did you log in to the wrong account or what? :P

But, anyway. The appearance modification NPC was moved. I cant remember where in Pandaemonium, but in Sanctum it was to the canal area. But, as far as I remember, that is just for people to use surgery tickets on, since appearance modification can be done from the Kinah Bar shop.

Aly-DN   

0ABUhzb.jpg

If you have a ticket in your inventory, those light up and you click on them. Easy peasy. 

NOTE: There isn't an appearance change NPC any more. I looked everywhere on the Elyos side as the EU characters that I hadn't touched since 2012 had plastic surgery tickets in their inventory and looked horrible after the graphics updates. 

Edited by Aly-DN

8 minutes ago, Cheesecake-KT said:

THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG. OMG, LOL. I was like, why is all my stuff reset??

No, you were caught using some kind of forum hack, and NC erased all of your comments as punishment 

Smiley_rollingoverlaughing.gif

Edited by Vessttemona-KT

10 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

@Alaska-KT Sure ppl may have tried it.. You just forget 1 thing... different publisher, it can make huge difference and finally you cannot have +245 gear

yes that's ok,the problem are other things removed at once and the "anime" style is becoming this game... :S.    of course I'll give a chance to see how on NA will work but, first of all, the walls in Pandemonium will be painful... i love every place of that area and i don't understand the reason to put stupid walls

thanks for all who clarified how the cube laboratory works, it sounds a lot more reasonable if there are map locators plus announcements to let us know when the time limit or entry limits are near the cap.

31 minutes ago, Alaska-KT said:

yes that's ok,the problem are other things removed at once and the "anime" style is becoming this game... :S.    of course I'll give a chance to see how on NA will work but, first of all, the walls in Pandemonium will be painful... i love every place of that area and i don't understand the reason to put stupid walls

I didn't check out Panda on EU, but sadly Sanctum looks like someone took a hatchet to it,  from what I recall the bridges that led to crafting halls and other locations just end in mid space. It look pretty sad.

12 minutes ago, Rapier-DN said:

thanks for all who clarified how the cube laboratory works, it sounds a lot more reasonable if there are map locators plus announcements to let us know when the time limit or entry limits are near the cap.

I didn't check out Panda on EU, but sadly Sanctum looks like someone took a hatchet to it,  from what I recall the bridges that led to crafting halls and other locations just end in mid space. It look pretty sad.

As a former Roleplayer, I'm sad that the restaurant / café behind the crafting hall is probably going to be inaccessible.  We had a lot of legion RP events there, along with the bar on the floating island near Steel Rake.  Is that area accessible or gone as well?

From a lore perspective, is there any mention of all the NPCs who I guess just died in all the zones that supposedly were destroyed?  I still don't see the need to remove old areas.  Today I went to Eltnen just to enjoy the majesty of the fortress there.  The spirit area in Verteron is also a favorite.  Plus the Ruins of Roah and Asteria in the Abyss.

I just don't know how to feel about these changes.  

Aly-DN   
5 minutes ago, Channing-DN said:

As a former Roleplayer, I'm sad that the restaurant / café behind the crafting hall is probably going to be inaccessible.  We had a lot of legion RP events there, along with the bar on the floating island near Steel Rake.  Is that area accessible or gone as well?

From a lore perspective, is there any mention of all the NPCs who I guess just died in all the zones that supposedly were destroyed?  I still don't see the need to remove old areas.  Today I went to Eltnen just to enjoy the majesty of the fortress there.  The spirit area in Verteron is also a favorite.  Plus the Ruins of Roah and Asteria in the Abyss.

I just don't know how to feel about these changes.  

All the areas not in use any more have some fort of barrier to them. Ropes or closed gates or closed doors. The bar that used to be accessible by the sloooooooooooow boat is no longer there. The place where you hoped on that boat is roped off. The teleport is gone.

Some NPCs have been moved around and have dialog when you talk to them, but it isn't many.

1 minute ago, Aly-DN said:

All the areas not in use any more have some fort of barrier to them. Ropes or closed gates or closed doors. The bar that used to be accessible by the sloooooooooooow boat is no longer there. The place where you hoped on that boat is roped off. The teleport is gone.

Some NPCs have been moved around and have dialog when you talk to them, but it isn't many.

Thank you for the info.  Do you know if the bard who sings "Forgotten Sorrow" was moved or is the song no longer in game?

Kubei-DN   
1 hour ago, Channing-DN said:

Thank you for the info.  Do you know if the bard who sings "Forgotten Sorrow" was moved or is the song no longer in game?

From what I've seen, the NPC wasn't moved, meaning its currently inaccessible.

On 27/09/2018 at 3:55 PM, Spiritknife-DN said:

@Hime @Cyan With the new Infernal DD being introduced and the old version being a solo instance, will there still be a way to get the skins that drop from it now? I really need to know because those are my favourite skins in the entire game, if they're becoming unobtainable I need to be able to make time to spam it now.

I searched the powerbook and found that DD skins will drop from 2 instances: Infernal DD and Promethun's Workshop (Primeth’s Forge?).
Btw I guess I'll make a thread to post a list of the skins we can drop on the instances on 6.2, I found some really interesting stuff.

On 9/27/2018 at 11:24 PM, Channing-DN said:

I read something about EU where all Kinah in the shared bank will be destroyed.  Do we need to allocate our Kinah to specific characters before the patch ?

It wasn't destroyed. All the kinah in the account warehouse was converted into bags of ingots that you could pick on any character. Good for when you change your mind about your character but bad because you get extra kinah for start on the character you have kinah.

On 9/27/2018 at 10:51 PM, Unskilled-KT said:

@Hime @Cyan

30kk to 1.3kk kinah conversion rate, please. Don't follow EU path with 17:1.3

If you're referring to 30mil kinah for 1 gold ingot, which is currently 1.3mil kinah, then you have the wrong numbers. Korea had 30mil to 1 gold ingot but on EU the conversion was 8.7mil kinah to 1 gold ingot, meaning with 30mil you could get almost 4 gold ingots.

On 9/28/2018 at 3:06 AM, ShadowDragoon-KT said:

b)will the store prices reflect the same prices as Korea. example. 1dollar for transformation contracts, 10$ for starter legendary wings and so on?. DO NOT COPY EU PRICES...5 euro (like 5 dollars) for 1 transformation contract is beyond absurd 

c) will events be handled correctly? right now on EU the shugoling event is bugged and half the mobs are spawning on mountains or in walls/trees and have purposely been placed in different areas of the maps than from Korea

f) will you correctly add the new/returning player event that Korea had but EU decided to not have?

b) With around 100 euros I can buy over 4k aion coins when the bonus hours are on. Currently the contracts are 49 aion coins, so lets say 50. That gives me roughly 80 contracts for 100 euros so it's obviously not 5 euro or dollars. Anyway, players don't buy them for now as most of them are waiting for better ways to get them, from events or even for free, as it's too much RNG involved and they don't want to pay the shop.

c) From what I saw only a few cases. It's Korea coding tho.

f) what was the event? there were 2 contracts and some other things for returning/new on EU, nothing much.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:21 AM, Shokhan-DN said:

@Hime @CyanDo a different work from the European, implant the same system of Quna Shop, will attract more players from Europe and North America, put the vip with a value of 10 dollars as it is in the Korean conversion, bringing the same rate, ended up bringing a good balance in all players, with this have achieved so many players and AION returned to the top 10 best mmorpg in Korea, watch the video and watch the satisfaction of one of the many promoters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Oi7CcQ7W8

Many players are thinking that Quna is farmable in the the game which is not true. Those Quna shop items you see in the video didn't end up on the EU shop for now. They are still revisiting shop and veteran rewards. Actually, right now the cash shop on EU has gone pretty empty. Aside from contracts and some 20% pots which are the only things that matter, there are only  some low grade manastones that you can buy better with kinah from gold sand shop, or stigma enchant stones that are free reward or from gold sand shop, or ancient enchantment stones that you get as rewards or for kinah. Luna system still provide free ancient/legendary enchantment stones (rng obviously) if you do your dailies.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:33 PM, Zeyra-KT said:

Hi, Gamefore already got its release at the 19th, they did earse all scroll like you just saw but they gave players instead 1 box containing x3 legendary transformation "potions" in an exchange of 100 scrolls : 1 box. It is in their patch notes and it was in korea's also. You can check it in aionpowerbook. I do think, not sure, that they didnt give those boxs for the items that were "event". Im guessing NCWest is doing something similar we will just have to wait for more info or patch notes for confirmation.

Guys since GF went first for update and even before that they let players to play in a test server there are a lot and i say again a lot of info in youtube about changes. They might not be all the same but similar and could give a heads up of what to expect. so youtube it!!

Open all your scroll boxes and distribute them as much as you can. I think the script they had from NC was giving like 3 potions for a stack of scrolls and not for 100. In the end it didn't matter if you had 100 or 1000 on a stack. All the unopened bags or boxes only gives unusable/unsalable  scrolls after update, except the healing camp boxes (code red).

18 hours ago, Bahnny-DN said:

I am currently playing 6.2 on the EU servers. Their Luna shop is absolutely ridiculous when it comes to mounts.

Currently, in our version, we can create permanent mounts with decent speed. This is extremely important as we've lost run speed in 6.0. 

Mounts will be needed 100% 

In EU you take about 4 -5 days to create a mount that only lasts for 5 days which leaves you without a mount for a few days unless you are to spend gold bars on a mount which again is for only 5 days.

Will our store still provide perm mounts? 

Before 6.0/6.2 there was no crafting mounts with luna on EU, the luna crafting provided other things. This new crafting mounts are some new 6.0 addition to the game. There were events for mounts, as well as old methods like oriel boss or crafting.

8 hours ago, Cheesecake-KT said:

I think those are staying, too, but not 100% sure. They're just being changed? But I didn't see what EU did.

Your mounts aren't going away. Your skins aren't going away. Your existing gear isn't going away. Etc.

On EU omegas and tempering are exchangeable for new legendary or ultimate enchantment stones boxes (you can choose pve or pvp) in Sanct/Panda.

All old skins, mounts, old gear is there to stay.

6 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

I have a question for   @Hime regarding Qubrinerk's Cubic Lab:

I haven't seen how it's implemented in EU, but from what I understand from the KR version, this instance is only available for a random window during the new siege, for 12 minutes. In addition, only 24 people can enter.

It's not only during the siege but the entrance is moving around the map and also limited to a number of players.

5 hours ago, Telamos-DN said:

Are you sure everything our mailbox will be okay?  Because in Korea everything in mailboxes were deleted.

On EU all the content of the mailboxes was moved to player's inventory. Pretty annoying for those with already full inventory.

SFT has gave me a lot of level reduction stones, are they going to be of any use in 6.2?? or is it better to get rid of them??

Edited by Vessttemona-KT

Can we upgrade the ancient gear to legendary and so on that is given in 6.0?   For example, plus 20 harvest gear gives plus 5 ancient I think.  I'm wondering if it is worth to plan to upgrade the gear or is it better to use the gear gained from instance or crafted.  

My second question, I have almost 300 aetherforge, are the mats needed for armor crafting easily attainable or is it going to require significant gold and mats making it only possible for the rich to craft the gear in the beginning?

On 29/9/2018 at 11:10 PM, Rapier-DN said:

Sanctum is really beautiful and the boat is really cool...still thinking the reasons they will put those horrible walls. Like cutting everything is the solution to make Aion great again. For example Beluslan,the right part of the map should be useless but you can still explore it,Alukina's palace ecc but isn't blocked like Pandemonium or Sanctum.

Edited by Alaska-KT

@Hime

Thanks for answering our questions.

should think of a language patch LATAM more than one does not make the game by the English and I understand that many people are not able to say so memorize it, it would be very good idea a language patch LATAM Spain.