Hime

[News] Aion: Awakened Legacy Arrives October 24

Two complete game language translations will have to be done:

Latam-Airlines-740x392.jpg

Brazil - Portuguese

LATAM_Airlines_Group_LAN_Chile_Boeing_78

Chile and various other LATAM countries: Spanish

And for each language, look at how many lines of Strings have to be translated for each of these languages:

client_strings_bm.xml    155
client_strings_bmrestrict.xml    63
client_strings_dic_etc.xml    1961
client_strings_dic_item.xml    3083
client_strings_dic_monster.xml    6150
client_strings_dic_people.xml    5836
client_strings_dic_place.xml    1548
client_strings_etc.xml    830
client_strings_funcpet.xml    14310
client_strings_gossip.xml    1980
client_strings_item.xml    65524
client_strings_item2.xml    65509
client_strings_item3.xml    49847
client_strings_level.xml    5281
client_strings_monster.xml    58020
client_strings_msg.xml    7068
client_strings_npc.xml    23358
client_strings_quest.xml    23078
client_strings_skill.xml    29576
client_strings_ui.xml    8073
stringtable_dialog.xml    3720

And that's not including cutscene subtitles, quest dialog (which there is a lot of them). These numbers are for NA 5.8.

Edited by mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT

And here are the respective numbers for 6.2 (queried on EU data files):

StringTable_Dialog.xml    3860
client_strings_bm.xml    156
client_strings_bmrestrict.xml    63
client_strings_dic_etc.xml    2083
client_strings_dic_item.xml    3225
client_strings_dic_monster.xml    6539
client_strings_dic_people.xml    6182
client_strings_dic_place.xml    1660
client_strings_etc.xml    842
client_strings_funcpet.xml    14320
client_strings_gossip.xml    2168
client_strings_item.xml    65524
client_strings_item2.xml    65509
client_strings_item3.xml    50868
client_strings_item4.xml    9919
client_strings_level.xml    5444
client_strings_monster.xml    59356
client_strings_msg.xml    7294
client_strings_npc.xml    24355
client_strings_quest.xml    24778
client_strings_skill.xml    30396
client_strings_ui.xml    8843

Kubei-DN   
15 minutes ago, Shunyan-DN said:

Hello @Hime and @Cyan could you guys verify if essence cores get exchanged to gold ignot(bar) with 6.2? and if yes,from what + lvl?

They will probably announce it later this week. They were exchanged in all regions after all.

Nyali-DN   
11 hours ago, Shunyan-DN said:

Hello @Hime and @Cyan could you guys verify if essence cores get exchanged to gold ignot(bar) with 6.2? and if yes,from what + lvl?

As far as I can tell from EU, they exchanged +5 and up, if I recall right. But it might be different for NA though.

Cyan   

I'm going to go through your questions here and answer what I can. Some things are different than other regions and there will be a lot more information coming out over the next few weeks. There's a lot of posts here so be patient, lot's of reading. :$

Bryos-DN   
3 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

@Cyan Will minium from 5.8 get converted to A grade minium or not?

Yes, all old Minium turns into Grade A Minium.

Cyan   

I have answered a few questions below. Many asked in this thread have been answered by other players as well. I am still going through some, but feel free to post any others! We do have more in-depth information coming out for systems and economy so if it's not answered now it will likely be answered a little later in those posts. Also, some of our systems will be a little unique compared to other regions so don't take anything you've seen in another region as confirmation it's going to be happening here as well.

On 10/2/2018 at 1:26 PM, Shunyan-DN said:

Yes, they will be exchanged from 5+.

On 9/29/2018 at 6:38 PM, Vessttemona-KT said:

SFT has gave me a lot of level reduction stones, are they going to be of any use in 6.2?? or is it better to get rid of them??

No use for them after the update!

On 9/29/2018 at 2:25 PM, Channing-DN said:

As a former Roleplayer, I'm sad that the restaurant / café behind the crafting hall is probably going to be inaccessible.  We had a lot of legion RP events there, along with the bar on the floating island near Steel Rake.  Is that area accessible or gone as well?

The entire "back" side of Sanctum and the Outer Dock can't be accessed any longer. :(

On 9/29/2018 at 11:11 AM, Voltric-DN said:

@Hime I was under the impression that we could no longer craft skins using the luna shop? Other servers (European, Korean, etc.) have supposedly removed all skins from their shops and players are no longer able to craft any. Are you implying that ncwest will be different in that regard?

This really needs to happen sooner than later! Now that trading is account restricted, there is little reason to create multiple ones. In addition, there are currently more classes to choose from than character slots, which I find rather ridiculous.

Here are a few other questions I have regarding the update:

1. I've heard that guestblooms can no longer be purchased from npcs in Pernon/Oriel. Is this true for us? If so, will they ever become available again?
  2. Are there any plans to add items from the removed construction profession to the furniture store npcs in Pernon/Oriel plaza?
  3. Will the upper portions of Sanctum and areas in Pandaemonium be blocked off like they were in other regions when 6.0 first came out? The appearance mod npc happens to be in one of those blocked off areas, and I have some plastic surgery tickets I plan to use after the update. Will I still need to access that npc to use them?

The Luna shop will be similar to the other regions. The increase in character slots is also something we're discussing with devs so we don't have an announcement for that yet. 

I am unsure about the guestblooms, but we can look to add any missing items to other portions of the game (such as furniture, skins, etc.)

On 9/29/2018 at 2:10 PM, Rapier-DN said:

thanks for all who clarified how the cube laboratory works, it sounds a lot more reasonable if there are map locators plus announcements to let us know when the time limit or entry limits are near the cap.

I just wanted to add that there's a chance for the entrance to spawn when your faction takes one of the artifacts in Lakrum.

On 10/3/2018 at 3:37 PM, Brutallus-DN said:

@Cyan Will minium from 5.8 get converted to A grade minium or not?

Yes, your Minium will be Grade A after the update.

Is it possible to post information regarding item exchange rates (ie, scrolls to xform pots, kinah to ingots, essence cores to ingots, etc) BEFORE the next and last power up event? I think alot of people would greatly appreciate that, especially with this current event, its quite important to know what to do with our resources. I understand if its not possible tho! 

Cyan   
4 minutes ago, Steel-KT said:

Is it possible to post information regarding item exchange rates (ie, scrolls to xform pots, kinah to ingots, essence cores to ingots, etc) BEFORE the next and last power up event? I think alot of people would greatly appreciate that, especially with this current event, its quite important to know what to do with our resources. I understand if its not possible tho! 

We're going to be getting some information out next week that will cover a lot of these items, but likely not an exhaustive list.

3 minutes ago, Cyan said:

We're going to be getting some information out next week that will cover a lot of these items, but likely not an exhaustive list.

appreciate it brotha gang gang bang bang south side birds fly open wide apple pie 

emu-DN   

@Cyan When is the last day you can purchase a server transfer/last day you can transfer server before 6.2 before you close them?

Edited by Momo-KT

Kubei-DN   
4 hours ago, LizaSoberano-KT said:

Hi guys is this good for Aion intel core i5-4210u up to 2HGz and can you recommend a best graphic settings

You might have a really tough time with that one, but try changing the graphic engine to Standard instead and reducing effects in options.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, Voltric-DN said:

Will the upper portions of Sanctum and areas in Pandaemonium be blocked off like they were in other regions when 6.0 first came out? The appearance mod npc happens to be in one of those blocked off areas, and I have some plastic surgery tickets I plan to use after the update. Will I still need to access that npc to use them?

"Appearance Modifier" is accessible through your play-screen now (no need to go to an NPC for that), under a new icon/tab (in EU its name is "Gold Sand Shop" and you find the option under "Clothing").

Though you have to be in Sanctum or Pandemonium for it to work (and you will still need Surgery tickets for it).

Also, its better idea to use the ticket after the update, as some players have complained about their chars design getting a bit distorted after the update (like one of my chars eye isn't of right color now).

11 hours ago, Cyan said:

The Luna shop will be similar to the other regions.

Please atleast don't remove the Pet Egg (except the stat buff ones), Storage Cabinet and Permanent Mount designs from the Luna, as those are essential stuffs.

Edited by Xauieo-DN

20 hours ago, Cyan said:

Yes, your Minium will be Grade A after the update.

All miniums will become A grade?? including all the C grade i have to lvl up my sheba??

Aly-DN   
32 minutes ago, Vessttemona-KT said:

All miniums will become A grade?? including all the C grade i have to lvl up my sheba??

Right now, Minium is not graded. It will only be graded after 6.2 hits. What Cyan is saying is that our current ungraded Minium will be Grade A Minium after the patch.

Aly-DN   
14 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Miniums, not minions.

OH! I see what they were asking now. And.. lol. Seriously?

30 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

OH! I see what they were asking now. And.. lol. Seriously?

Seriously!! i though @Cyan was talking about miniONs, not miniUMs, and when i saw your answer to my question, i was wtf???? in my minions window i see grade A tab, grade B tab, C tab, etc.. etc...