Should Aion open Classic server too?

Wootage-KT

Would love 2.7 to come back  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would love 2.7 to come back

• Yes
    • No

And by Classic i dont mean pre 2.0 i dont think that pre 2.0 was better than  2.0-2.7.

So WoW is opening soon their vanilla servers on retail and i have been playing wow for couple of months now (just canceled my sub) and thats where idea came from

I love Aion to death every now and then there are only two games that i ever go back to and one of them is Aion (and CSGO)

I spent lifetime playing during 2.x.x -3.x.x and i dont mean like today where it feels like a chore but i actually enjoyed game

Sieges were fun world pvp was fun and pve was somewhat challenging, but it all went downhill from there

i would go as far as to say that i wouldnt mind paying monthly like we used to before aion went "F2P" just to have those classic servers 

I might be alone in this but i feel like aion was more fun without Gunner,AT and SW 

Lineage 2 Classic, is an official game edited and created by Korean developers, it was planned to bring back old players to the most popuplar game version they have got in Lineage 2, when Lineage 2 was THE game around the world, and the only opponent to WoW, They have no plans for Aion Classic, but they have been working on AIon 2 and Project TL for a while so just have to wait for a couple years.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

WoW has literal millions of players to milk with nostalgia to exert the effort to create and maintain a classic server. We do not. Not near enough to justify the resources of running another dead server. Sorry, man.

It's not even about nostalgia. The game was just better in the past. My PvE content aside, Aion at its current state is not a game I would recommend to anyone for PvP because of the massive gear gap between geared and ungeared. Good games bring players, it's as simple as that.

27 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Aion Korea have eliminated* the Master Server with the launch of 6.0, which was pretty much "Classic" Aion as you described, and what 5.x was based on.

*Master Servers were turned into standard servers

1.x was the same as 5.x anyway. It was about rifting and sieges were the same minus Kaldor. Only thing different is that maybe PvP was fairer because there was a way smaller gear gap, but Koreans love P2W games anyway so it wasn't really a big factor. Just nostalgia alone won't bring many players.

I don't think it's a wise idea. The Classic server would still be based on the current patch. Korea's Master Server was based on the 5.8 content (the pots and other things) and they had to shut it down because they population spiked only at the beginning of launching it, but died off really fast. They merged that server when 6.0 hit.

12 hours ago, xiilieaxz-DN said:

1.x was the same as 5.x anyway. It was about rifting and sieges were the same minus Kaldor. Only thing different is that maybe PvP was fairer because there was a way smaller gear gap, but Koreans love P2W games anyway so it wasn't really a big factor. Just nostalgia alone won't bring many players.

What 1.X server did you play on? I wished all i had to do was rift and Siege :(. If i did that tho i have no idea how i would of leveled.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

What 1.X server did you play on? I wished all i had to do was rift and Siege :(. If i did that tho i have no idea how i would of leveled.

I didn't. I just said 1.x was about rifting and PvPing, and there were only Abyss sieges. The only differences in PvP gameplay compared to 5.8, ignoring new P2W stuff, is different map environment and no Kaldor. If 5.x isn't popular, 1.x wouldn't be popular as well. If they want to open a classic server, they need something different, like 2.x-4.x.

Nope there should be no new server of any type.  Classic or Regular the population cannot handle it and the na community has allready proven can't support them.  IF get a huge population spike then consider it but until the community can show by having a bigger population no need for a new server of any type.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:34 PM, 1s2DFCE0-KT said:

And by Classic i dont mean pre 2.0 i dont think that pre 2.0 was better than  2.0-2.7.

So WoW is opening soon their vanilla servers on retail and i have been playing wow for couple of months now (just canceled my sub) and thats where idea came from

I love Aion to death every now and then there are only two games that i ever go back to and one of them is Aion (and CSGO)

I spent lifetime playing during 2.x.x -3.x.x and i dont mean like today where it feels like a chore but i actually enjoyed game

Sieges were fun world pvp was fun and pve was somewhat challenging, but it all went downhill from there

i would go as far as to say that i wouldnt mind paying monthly like we used to before aion went "F2P" just to have those classic servers 

I might be alone in this but i feel like aion was more fun without Gunner,AT and SW 

No need to mention WoW. NCWest is also opening classic servers next week but for L2 (https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2772-news-lineage-ii-classic-server-launching-october-3/

Keep in mind that KR had this L2C for years so it's nothing new and they didn't develop any classic server for Aion. The only project they are working on and related to Aion is Aion Tempest, a mobile game.

• 6 months later...
On 9/27/2018 at 11:34 AM, Wootage-KT said:

You are not alone.

The new Aion is WRETCHED. Just logging on is painful. Loved this game right up to whatever update created Tiamantra (sp?). After that it was crap. Now it's worse than crap. I've been playing since 1.0, invested a lot of time and money in this game. I despise the developers for what they've done. Them or whomever is responsible. Tried the app on my phone...it's total crap. NCSoft.......what happened to you guys? I've been looking desperately for a replacement to Aion...so far no luck.

I would love to pieces a "classic server". I also see nothing wrong with a "classic server". 

But I don't think it'll happen.

I think the more likely situation is that the game will pull an Everquest 2 and re-open the "destroyed" areas as "ruined" areas with new content. And the thing that gives me that gut feeling is the fact that they've started putting new content in some of those "rushed through" old areas. 

The game isn't about a Daeva's journey through the many lands of Atreia anymore. It's about PvP in the various lands of Balaurea. And unless (or until) the story takes some sort of "reconquest" turn, I don't see that changing. 

But I tell you, I would absolutely love to see Eltnen again, or fly freely through the abyss, hearing light music as I explore surreal lands.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:24 PM, QuickHeals-DN said:

It would be great... if we had enough players for that.

Otherwise it would be just like any other private server that gets hyped for one week then closes cuz there are only 5 people online.

there is a private server that is really populated that i play with and its in 2.1 currently, the population is just like our retail server, and i would say it has a lot of fun. No toxic transformation, No massive gear gap

I would love a 2.7 classic server as well but you must understand if they did they wouldnt make it monthly subs and have it set up as of now with cash shop etc. They would ruin the cd system, solo world farming for crafting because of cash shop that wasnt around those days. So thinking a old server IF one came back wouldnt still be the same as of before but worse.

Honestly, Delete and Restart with Vanilla/Classic Aion. Bring back the grind, bring back the rifting gankers. The original game was the best, back in the day gankers were so annoying but who new that 10 years later those are the best most fun memories of Aion. The first few updates were ok but quickly got out of hand with PvP Gear gaps. I would still take all that over the current game and every patch since free to play. 

I would come back to play original Aion! As I am Classic WoW when it releases. A game that has a monthly subscription almost seems as fresh of an idea these days as their free to play idea years ago. At least the trolls have to pay to troll!

Archived