Runtime Error Messages

Imoutoko-KT

First off, let me say "Thank You!" to all the replies I have gotten in this Forum since I started a few days ago. I don't know how to thank each of you individually.

I yesterday upgraded my RAM from 2 GB to 6 GB in order to play the free online Aion better (Windows XP), but since then I have gotten 4 "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" messages saying "Runtime Error!" in program "D:\Aion\bin32\AION.bin" saying "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." It only started after I added more RAM.

I googled it up on the Web and the hits say I need to reinstall the Runtime Library. Is that true, or is there an easier/better fix? Or do I have to go back to 2 GB RAM to play the game? Why am I getting the errors after adding more RAM? Seems more RAM would make the game go better, not cause it to crash. Since I have XP, MS does not support it anymore and I do not know if I can update it. I will research it more and try to update the MS Runtime Library, if I can, and see if that fixes the problem.

I am trying to upgrade to Windows 7, but, since MS does not support XP anymore, I will need to reformat the drive and reinstall everything. That will take days, especially since it took me 2 days of downloading just to install AION, much less every other program on my computer. The reason it took 2 days is that, after downloading Step 1, I did start playing while the other 8 steps were downloaded. However, when I tried to play again later and clicked on "Start Playing" (on the Game Launcher) the next time after that, it did another 28GB download  ("Verifying" it said), and it keep terminating on me, and I had to do the 28GB verify download over and over until it finally reached the 100% download mark and let me continue the game. Maybe with more RAM and Windows 7 the download would not be as bad.

The message says to contact the "application's support team" about the error, and this is the only way I know how yet. Any help any of you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

If your computer is so old as to have 2GB of RAM and Windows XP (and probably Windows XP 32-bit, so it doesn't support more than 4GB RAM), it's time to save money for a new computer. Not just for Aion, but in general. :( You don't need an i7, 1080TI 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD machine, but you do need to upgrade, lol. Aion stopped supporting Windows XP several years ago.

Pretty much, though, you just might have to uninstall/reinstall the c++ runtime libraries on your computer and hope that works.

I agree with Cheesecake but let me ask: What CPU/GPU is in your PC? from your post I already know you have 6GB of RAM. I'm asking cause I was running W10 on Core 2 Quad (yea old AF but was working way better than with W7). If you are willing tell us and if it is enough I'd recommend updating to W10 which is way better supported these days.

Archived