New Server 6.0

Unbeatable-KT

It's funny how just a few days ago I was talking about how this new expansion could be implemented to last much longer than the others with a much more promising gaming community, but for that NCsoft would have to nurture it right... and they go ahead and implement this event, which defeats the purpose of what 6.2 really was, and that was a fresh start, whether a new server or not. Korea and EU had the exchange in the thoughts of rewarding the people that really worked hard towards the high end enchanted gear, which was the minority of the population, trashed on those people, and decided to basically bypass the idea of a fresh start on 6.2 and immediately get you in the end game playing field. Amazing.

So yeah, that gap that I was talking about before... with this event, it just got bigger. Good luck to anyone that decides to come once 6.2 releases or to any new player that wants to try this. If they didn't partake in this event to get a head start like you and I, well, good luck to them.

On the topic of the new server idea though, as you see, I've stopped responding as I rest my case with everything that I pointed out. Only time will tell. Knowing NCsoft, I can bet anyone $100 that they'll do the Power Up Week, making everyone throw more $$$, and only then announce the release. If I'm wrong, see you on the current servers.

Cheers!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, "End of the World" is a nice event. Over 300 omegas now...

Planning to get Ultimate +15 and abuse new players, so much fun, hehe.

So just you know, you need like 15 - 25 people with gold gear to kill the player with enchanted ultimate gear, it was confirmed many times. 

And the last question for tonight -  what would you do if you were a new ungeared player, unable to do simple questing without dying all the time? :) 

If you test in a PVP way the Legendary/Ultimate gear agains the Quest one or the gold, people gonna be destroyed. This is a good event for OLD players just, and for those felows on 66/70 lvls. Because they gonna get by exchange Legendary or even Ultimate gear plus Plumes and Brazelets. So, as Korea and EU do, i really hope they release at leats a New Servers, so the tittle of this update gonna get reality. Is a awakened, a new start, and believe me theres a bunch of people asking for that. Because, whats the point of 6.2? whats the point on do campaments quest? Since probably 80/90% of the population gonna have almost the best PVP/PVE set. And talking about the sieges and xform gg. @Cyan @Hime we should talk about this point of view. @Unbeatable-KT i support your idea. 

53 minutes ago, DraaKeeN-KT said:

If you test in a PVP way the Legendary/Ultimate gear agains the Quest one or the gold, people gonna be destroyed. This is a good event for OLD players just, and for those felows on 66/70 lvls. Because they gonna get by exchange Legendary or even Ultimate gear plus Plumes and Brazelets. So, as Korea and EU do, i really hope they release at leats a New Servers, so the tittle of this update gonna get reality. Is a awakened, a new start, and believe me theres a bunch of people asking for that. Because, whats the point of 6.2? whats the point on do campaments quest? Since probably 80/90% of the population gonna have almost the best PVP/PVE set. And talking about the sieges and xform gg. @Cyan @Hime we should talk about this point of view. @Unbeatable-KT i support your idea. 

The new server is bad, it's just the compensation gear rates who need to be cut.

15 minutes ago, Unskilled-KT said:

The new server is bad, it's just the compensation gear rates who need to be cut.

At this point, knowing that they are going through with the exchanges once the expansion releases... a new server is a way to compensate for something that will create an even bigger gap within the gaming population.

3 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

huahuahua, NC made this event so all of you get hooked and invest in your toons, and when 6.2 come out they will realease a new server with previous announcements.

Exactly what I said in one of my previous posts. Knowing NCsoft, I bet you $100 that they will do the Power Up Week to get some more money out of players and then they'll announce the release of a new server. It's sneaky, but it'll work to benefit them by emptying out wallets.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:07 AM, Unbeatable-KT said:

So yeah, that gap that I was talking about before... with this event, it just got bigger. Good luck to anyone that decides to come once 6.2 releases or to any new player that wants to try this. If they didn't partake in this event to get a head start like you and I, well, good luck to them.

Let's be fair, there already were going to be a decent few people with exchanged Ultimate gear from Day 1 anyway. The way I see it this event gives veteran/returning players (who also happen to be the majority of the playerbase in 6.x) a chance to somewhat bridge that gap.

It's also nice to bear in mind that the people partaking in this event are not just solely opposing faction members. People on your own side will be benefiting from this event too, meaning you have some more options when it comes to having folks to move with or hide behind.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:04 AM, Unskilled-KT said:

And the last question for tonight -  what would you do if you were a new ungeared player, unable to do simple questing without dying all the time? :)

For starters I'd enjoy the first 75 levels of the game that don't require any PvP. If I still like the game enough to want to keep playing after that, I'd consider my options. If open-world content seems impossible I'd either join/move with a zerg when I see one, or try again later (no one plays 24/7) and explore some of the other content meanwhile, such as Instances.

The start of 4.0 wasn't very friendly to new/undergeared players either - remember the two-three hit gunners and ani hackers running rampant when the patch launched? BM camps could be a pain to do, especially on servers in which one faction was very dominant, but in time even pure PvE players/lowbies managed to get stuff done and gradually gear up. There will always be moments, and those who truly like the game will stick around for it and find those moments or fork out their wallets.

Why are the people who are currently playing the game so against a new server? I keep seeing the "my population is going to go down" and "its just gunna die in a few months anyways" arguments, but you realize that any returning/new user that was interested in this patch is going to be HIGHLY turned off on the idea of starting on an old server? I myself have friends that wanted to return to the game but WON'T if there isn't a new server. You people who have been abhorrently against are being selfish and it is only going to hurt you in the long run because NCwest will make significantly LESS money and there will be LESS people returning to the game overall because you don't want your old servers to have population dips (even if it is temporary?). You basically want the game you've been playing for years to die lol.

If online goes down, I will leave. New server is just another reason to break population of existing servers.

18 minutes ago, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

Why are the people who are currently playing the game so against a new server? I keep seeing the "my population is going to go down" and "its just gunna die in a few months anyways" arguments, but you realize that any returning/new user that was interested in this patch is going to be HIGHLY turned off on the idea of starting on an old server? I myself have friends that wanted to return to the game but WON'T if there isn't a new server. You people who have been abhorrently against are being selfish and it is only going to hurt you in the long run because NCwest will make significantly LESS money and there will be LESS people returning to the game overall because you don't want your old servers to have population dips (even if it is temporary?). You basically want the game you've been playing for years to die lol.

If you left once, you will leave again. Its not worth to take damage of creating a new server on existing player-base. Honestly, I wouldn't bet on new/returning players too much. 

BTW, NCWest is betting on existing players, look the last few events - massive drops, everyone is happy... 

4 minutes ago, Unskilled-KT said:

If online goes down, I will leave. New server is just another reason to break population of existing servers.

If you left once, you will leave again. Its not worth to take damage of creating a new server on existing player-base. Honestly, I wouldn't bet on new/returning players too much. 

BTW, NCWest is betting on existing players, look the last few events - massive drops, everyone is happy... 

It doesn't matter if I or any other returning user leaves again or not. The only thing that matters is that I came, played for a bit and dropped some money on the game. This game can't survive on its existing player base, it needs new and returning users as well. If you want the game to keep its servers alive, keep getting updates, whatever, it needs to be making enough money ESPECIALLY when a big content drop like this patch comes around. Let's be honest the people that are STILL playing the game despite its current state probably aren't going to quit because a new server gets launched, even if they don't like the idea of it. Conversely if a new server doesn't get launched, they WILL miss out on a lot of new/returning players. Which scenario do you think hurts the game you like the play the most?

I wouldnt bet on returning players. NCWest have stats as how many unique players playing every day. Can they tell how many new players or returning going to play? Hard to say, probably no. 

New server needs advertisement, like the advertisement of new content to bring people back. So far I didn't see or didn't hear anything about that, must be NCWest betting on new players and it totally makes sense. 

Good luck trying to get new server :)

"A bird in hand is worth two in the bush"

15 minutes ago, Unskilled-KT said:

I wouldnt bet on returning players. NCWest have stats as how many unique players playing every day. Can they tell how many new players or returning going to play? Hard to say, probably no. 

New server needs advertisement, like the advertisement of new content to bring people back. So far I didn't see or didn't hear anything about that, must be NCWest betting on new players and it totally makes sense. 

Good luck trying to get new server :)

"A bird in hand is worth two in the bush"

Returning players are what make the expansions boom. If you were here from the start of the game you would know that. The expansion itself and how NCsoft implements it is how long that population decides to stay. In the first few expansions, majority of the player base stuck throughout and followed into the next expansions, meaning there wasn't playing for a few months, quitting and coming back for the next expansion. In the previous few expansions, that returning veteran player base would stick through a few months max, quit and return when the next one comes about. What you have to realize, the trend of whether people stay or not doesn't derive from the person's personality, but on NCsoft's way of implementing the patch, and it's obvious with the most recent expansions they have done a shit job.

I am a potential returning player but i ain't coming back if there is no new server because i want a total frest start maybe even a class i haven't played with before and i don't want to be literally exhausted on my efforts to catch up and get bullied (knowing Aion community) and try and learn the mechanics of my new class all at the same time.. So, open a new server please..

Stop saying "the same mistake", we can't compare Beritra's case (R.I.P.) because it was not even in a similar situation when it was released, 6.0 patch does't have anything in common with any other patch before, except the lvl cap increase.

7 hours ago, AkuraMisuke-DN said:

And NcSoft shop will get this item too?
Shop EU: http://prntscr.com/l3b3o4 
Details: 43440979_968413520036138_204133240599792

i really hope we don't, but if we do, they better make a way to get via ingame too, carft or something...There is nothing that i hate more than an item that u cna buy with cash but is impossible to get in game, that's the most trashy P2W fact. Im ok with a soft P2W, giving a few advantage in erms of "speed" to get the endgame gear, but free ploayers will eventually get it too, with the same limits and conditions, but i really think the store should mostly stick to the costumization, mount, pets and housing stuff.

8 hours ago, Sipahi-DN said:

I am a potential returning player but i ain't coming back if there is no new server because i want a total frest start maybe even a class i haven't played with before and i don't want to be literally exhausted on my efforts to catch up and get bullied (knowing Aion community) and try and learn the mechanics of my new class all at the same time.. So, open a new server please..

Not worth. 

Another player here that won't be returning to NA as 6.2 with gear hand outs + no new server is the steepest uphill battle in this game's history. Going to keep playing on the EU fresh server and giving gameforge my money. Imagine finding a way to be worse than that company.

1 minute ago, Okieant-KT said:

Another player here that won't be returning to NA as 6.2 with gear hand outs + no new server is the steepest uphill battle in this game's history. Going to keep playing on the EU fresh server and giving gameforge my money. Imagine finding a way to be worse than that company.

That's the craziest thing I have heard yet.

I rolled an Elyos on an old EU server. I had a character there that I hadn't touched since 2012 and 55 was the level cap. The character I rolled there didn't have a single kinah to her name when she was created and I can't trade kinah to her from my old characters. She is struggling to get kinah and groups and gets killed pretty often when she is out and about. I didn't join a legion on her so some of that is my own fault.

I rolled an Asmo on the new international server. I put the return gift that Gameforge put out for returning players on her so she started with 10 million kinah.. a considerable leg up for a brand new server. I also joined a legion. She is struggling for kinah and pretty much gets killed when she is out and about just like the other character. She can get groups, but that's just because she has a legion and not because of her gear.

Both characters are struggling for kinah.. even the one that started with 10 million kinah. Kinah is just hard to come by. I do have Veteran status which allows me to sell on the broker even though I don't have a Gold Pack.. an EU thing that makes the game playable.. something we don't have on NA. So that makes me in a better position than other f2p people on EU. Items are cheaper to buy on the new server, but things sell for less on the broker, too. Items are more expensive on the broker on the old server, but things sell for more there. So really that evens out. I struggle to have enough kinah to change stigmas, buy consumables, enchant gear (there is a kinah fee alongside the use of enchantment stones) and even to teleport around on both characters. Ofc, Gameforge made the kinah struggle even worse by cutting the amount of kinah a ftp player gets when selling their white/grey items to a vendor. Hopefully NCWest doesn't do that.

Unless NCWest adds something like EU's Gold Pack (which is hugely restrictive), there is no way that Gameforge will be better than NA. The only reasons I could think that someone would chose EU over NA would be:

• If they lived in the EU and they wanted better ping.
  • If their friends play on EU and they don't want to make new ones.
  • If they don't mind paying a monthly fee to enjoy the same game you can get for free in NA.

A new server that is going to be just like the other two servers in less than two weeks and require a merge throwing everyone's life into chaos in under a month would not be a good reason to play or not to play.

5 hours ago, Okieant-KT said:

you do that fam

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

That's the craziest thing I have heard yet.

I rolled an Elyos on an old EU server. I had a character there that I hadn't touched since 2012 and 55 was the level cap. The character I rolled there didn't have a single kinah to her name when she was created and I can't trade kinah to her from my old characters. She is struggling to get kinah and groups and gets killed pretty often when she is out and about. I didn't join a legion on her so some of that is my own fault.

I rolled an Asmo on the new international server. I put the return gift that Gameforge put out for returning players on her so she started with 10 million kinah.. a considerable leg up for a brand new server. I also joined a legion. She is struggling for kinah and pretty much gets killed when she is out and about just like the other character. She can get groups, but that's just because she has a legion and not because of her gear.

Both characters are struggling for kinah.. even the one that started with 10 million kinah. Kinah is just hard to come by. I do have Veteran status which allows me to sell on the broker even though I don't have a Gold Pack.. an EU thing that makes the game playable.. something we don't have on NA. So that makes me in a better position than other f2p people on EU. Items are cheaper to buy on the new server, but things sell for less on the broker, too. Items are more expensive on the broker on the old server, but things sell for more there. So really that evens out. I struggle to have enough kinah to change stigmas, buy consumables, enchant gear (there is a kinah fee alongside the use of enchantment stones) and even to teleport around on both characters. Ofc, Gameforge made the kinah struggle even worse by cutting the amount of kinah a ftp player gets when selling their white/grey items to a vendor. Hopefully NCWest doesn't do that.

Unless NCWest adds something like EU's Gold Pack (which is hugely restrictive), there is no way that Gameforge will be better than NA. The only reasons I could think that someone would chose EU over NA would be:

• If they lived in the EU and they wanted better ping.
  • If their friends play on EU and they don't want to make new ones.
  • If they don't mind paying a monthly fee to enjoy the same game you can get for free in NA.

A new server that is going to be just like the other two servers in less than two weeks and require a merge throwing everyone's life into chaos in under a month would not be a good reason to play or not to play.

His argument is that why would he want to play on a server where people are literally going to have the best gear (thanks for bumping up the gear exchange btw) right away, and struggle to catch up rather than actually having fun, when he could just play in a fresh server where that isn't an issue. Your argument about kinah being hard to obtain on any server has zero relevance to that issue, if anything it reinforces it. Why struggle to catch up in a patch where getting money is HARDER? 

2 minutes ago, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

His argument is that why would he want to play on a server where people are literally going to have the best gear (thanks for bumping up the gear exchange btw) right away, and struggle to catch up rather than actually having fun, when he could just play in a fresh server where that isn't an issue. Your argument about kinah being hard to obtain on any server has zero relevance to that issue, if anything it reinforces it. Why struggle to catch up in a patch where getting money is HARDER? 

A new server is good if it is untouched by the entirety of the game however many people do not factor in cross server unless they are taking that out people are still going to have an overwhelming advantage as older players will take turns feeding each other items from instances and what ever else cross server allows.

As someone who wants a new server NCwest is incapable of providing the utensils that we need for a new server.

13 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

A new server is good if it is untouched by the entirety of the game however many people do not factor in cross server unless they are taking that out people are still going to have an overwhelming advantage as older players will take turns feeding each other items from instances and what ever else cross server allows.

As someone who wants a new server NCwest is incapable of providing the utensils that we need for a new server.

That's a very good point and one of the issues with Beritra. 

Winning IDLs and getting enough bosses in Dredg was (and still is to a certain extent) is really tough on the new servers in EU since you often go against full premades from the old servers who started with better gear, as @AlisonWonderland-DN pointed out. And you need to do both of those things to upgrade your new PvP gear.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

That's a very good point and one of the issues with Beritra. 

Winning IDLs and getting enough bosses in Dredg was (and still is to a certain extent) is really tough on the new servers in EU since you often go against full premades from the old servers who started with better gear, as @AlisonWonderland-DN pointed out. And you need to do both of those things to upgrade your new PvP gear.

As a returning player or a new player, what would rather have?

A) Be on an old server. No gear or almost close to none. Get dominated in PvP instances and in open world PvP.

OR

B) Be on a new server. No gear. Get dominated in PvP instances. But actually enjoy open world PvP.

5 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

A) Be on an old server. No gear or almost close to none. Get dominated in PvP instances and in open world PvP.

OR

B) Be on a new server. No gear. Get dominated in PvP instances. And get dominated in open world PvP.

Corrected for you.

Archived