New Server 6.0

Unbeatable-KT

As any player of Aion, what would you rather have?

A) Immediate and fleeting gratification for a portion of the player base that won't begin the patch with decent gear.. when you know that 100% of the population will have to be greatly inconvenienced by a merge which will take a year or more to get but will be greatly needed in a month or two.

OR

B) Fleeting dissatisfaction for anyone that isn't geared to the teeth right now and thus will begin the new patch with good gear. This dissatisfaction will end rather quickly since the new gear is much easier to get than gear has been in any patch up until now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Steel-KT has a point, though I am not sure it's the one he was trying to make. The same people that dominate on the old servers are going to continue to dominate there and in PvP instances. If they roll an alt (or a new main) on any new server, they will dominate there, too. They have the contacts to cross server things. They have the money to pay2win. They are just good and will continue to be that.

And let's not forget (as if we could forget) that there are those out there who hack and will continue to hack.. no matter if they stay put or reroll on a new server.

You can't avoid either group by hiding on a new server. 

"A fresh start" won't suddenly make someone terrible nor will it suddenly make someone good. As we saw with Beritra and as EU is seeing with Nergal, "fresh start" lasts a very very short period of time. A week. Two maybe. And that fresh start server will become a cesspool of toxicity mixed with equal parts pay2win and skill with just that right amount of hacks that make everyone just want to go jab out their eyeballs with a spoon and question why they still love Aion so much.

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

@Steel-KT has a point, though I am not sure it's the one he was trying to make. The same people that dominate on the old servers are going to continue to dominate there and in PvP instances. If they roll an alt (or a new main) on any new server, they will dominate there, too. They have the contacts to cross server things. They have the money to pay2win. They are just good and will continue to be that.

I would much rather, as a returning user, and lose/die to people who are better than me than play on a server where I'm at a severe disadvantage because of gear/resources. I agree that the ability to cross server things on a new server is a bad mechanic, but that doesn't change the fact that the "veterans" that do re-roll on a fresh start will still have to start over. Will people with cross server connections gear up faster? Of course they will, there is always people with connections or more knowledge (specifically for games that come from other regions), etc that will be ahead of the curve in new games or fresh starts, but once again I'd rather be playing on a server where people may be ahead of me because they progressed a little faster versus playing on a server I'm just screwed right from the get-go.

It'd be pretty silly to not have a new server for 6.xx when the whole point of the patch is to simplify, revitalize and remake the game. 

The patch is literally called 'Refly' with it being originally advertised as a refresh on the Aion experience. If there's ever a patch deserving of a fresh start server then this is it. 

16 hours ago, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

I would much rather, as a returning user, and lose/die to people who are better than me than play on a server where I'm at a severe disadvantage because of gear/resources.

So people who whaled out on transformation contracts on Day 1? Because "being better" in Aion has been a matter of who has the bigger wallet for ages, and 6.x won't change any of that.

The only way I could see a new server work out is if it were to be a temporary/event variant - no cash shop, boosted drop rates, reduced kinah enchanting fees, etc. People would have ~2 months to get as far as they can, and once the period is up give them a free transfer to KT/DN for one character of choice. You could even make a list of inventory items that will/won't be carried over to limit the impact it'll have on KT/DN's economy.

2 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

So people who whaled out on transformation contracts on Day 1? Because "being better" in Aion has been a matter of who has the bigger wallet for ages, and 6.x won't change any of that.

The only way I could see a new server work out is if it were to be a temporary/event variant - no cash shop, boosted drop rates, reduced kinah enchanting fees, etc. People would have ~2 months to get as far as they can, and once the period is up give them a free transfer to KT/DN for one character of choice. You could even make a list of inventory items that will/won't be carried over to limit the impact it'll have on KT/DN's economy.

yeah that is a good suggestion but that's a lot of work man so...  NCmaybe... Not

On 10/9/2018 at 3:02 PM, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

I would much rather, as a returning user, and lose/die to people who are better than me than play on a server where I'm at a severe disadvantage because of gear/resources. I agree that the ability to cross server things on a new server is a bad mechanic, but that doesn't change the fact that the "veterans" that do re-roll on a fresh start will still have to start over. Will people with cross server connections gear up faster? Of course they will, there is always people with connections or more knowledge (specifically for games that come from other regions), etc that will be ahead of the curve in new games or fresh starts, but once again I'd rather be playing on a server where people may be ahead of me because they progressed a little faster versus playing on a server I'm just screwed right from the get-go.

Amen to that.

Speaking of the cross-server non-sense... when Beritra released, none of the top geared/ranked Asmos did cross-server, and that includes me as well. There is literally no point as the elites of this game will run their own end-game instances in a week or two anyways.

People blame grind and instant gratification, and other stuff, but neither are the reason why this game failed. I played Aion too at the beginning and the single reason why this game died was because NCWest was way too slow to solve the problem of twinking and ganking. By the time they figured out that this was a problem and come up with solution, it was too late. Too many people left and Aion never recovered. It is a shame, because this is my second most liked MMO, after Lineage2.

26 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

A new server wouldn't be a bad idea if it weren't integrated with the other 2, so if people PvP on the new server, it would be just with those on new server. This failed on EU to a degree.

For 3-6 months, be it's own server, and then once the playing field is leveled out with the currently over geared players that will have the exchange advantage, then they could integrate all the servers. Would be nice.

1 minute ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Be a man, do the right thing! Haha come on, she knows she's gonna have a blast like in all our other new server releases. I better see you both there. It's literally easiest leveling of life.

was looking at all the new lvl 80 daevanion skill stuff earlier, like I said, I'll poke around for a bit, she might come too :P

Archived