My concern about 6.2 instance's ultimate and ledgendary gears and ninja looter

Neleth-KT

Whether they sell for negative kinah or let you cap out for the week in one go, there will always be ninjas. There has always been back in Dark Poeta days, BT days,TS days, EB days, CoE days, and same will be for any instance. Also, why should we lose a way to get kinah because a minimal portion of the playerbase will do it?

9 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Because in 6.2 kinah is more important than it was in 5.x or 4.x

It's very hard to come by I'll not surprised if everyone roll on everything because it can sell for great kinah.

Or I have to leader loot and give people who won the roll the item ?

It's all up to the person who forms the group really... If you are not able to distribute the loot as it's fair, then you need to find people who like to run with you, something called "friends".

26 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

What is this, elementary school? jfc 9_9

Save elementary school for yourself,I only stated that they're not my friends simple fact because I have no idea and I don't care who they're.

If you can't understand simple facts then probably you weren't mature enough.

12 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Whether they sell for negative kinah or let you cap out for the week in one go, there will always be ninjas. There has always been back in Dark Poeta days, BT days,TS days, EB days, CoE days, and same will be for any instance. Also, why should we lose a way to get kinah because a minimal portion of the playerbase will do it?

giphy.gif

And kinah isn't any more or less important than it was in the past. 

Keep in mind that PvE gear can be purchased with the same currancy as the PvP gear and then upgraded. You can also -craft- both PvE and PvP gear and upgrade it with crafting. Instances are not your only way of gearing up.

2 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I have friends and you're not one of them.

FfW.gif

7 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Keep in mind that PvE gear can be purchased with the same currancy as the PvP gear and then upgraded. You can also -craft- both PvE and PvP gear and upgrade it with crafting. Instances are not your only way of gearing up.

Although it's an option, it's not advisable. You can craft PvE gear or buy from NPC but really don't waste your crystals like that. Keep them only for PvP related items. The PvE gear you craft is a bit terrible,expensive, and for nothing. You get legendary PvE gear quite easy from instances, if not then save kinah and buy from broker. Craft PvP gear and disassemble it for mats needed to upgrade PvP gear, you need a lot of them. With the weekly crystals buy PvP weapon, accessories and armor then use the rest to buy pvp enchantment stones because you need tons of them to make it +15.

18 minutes ago, 2s105714-DN said:

Although it's an option, it's not advisable. You can craft PvE gear or buy from NPC but really don't waste your crystals like that. Keep them only for PvP related items. The PvE gear you craft is a bit terrible,expensive, and for nothing. You get legendary PvE gear quite easy from instances, if not then save kinah and buy from broker. Craft PvP gear and disassemble it for mats needed to upgrade PvP gear, you need a lot of them. With the weekly crystals buy PvP weapon, accessories and armor then use the rest to buy pvp enchantment stones because you need tons of them to make it +15.

My point is that there are options. Instances aren't your only option. That makes ninja looting less of an issue.

20 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

I have friends and you're not one of them.

Is this suppose to hurt my feelings? O.o 

I'm not the one QQing about getting ninja looted and I told you there are ways to prevent it. There's a reason why we have a loot system as stated. If you don't how to use it, go take a look at it. No reason to get so offensive. *smh*

12 minutes ago, TyroneL-DN said:

there's a more effective way: put ninja looters on a community blacklist. there I solved your problem now let me sell those parts for a lot of kinah tyvm

Effective but impossible.

The same has been suggested for verified hackers. There was even a spread sheet with character names that had a aiDPS screenshots showing animation speed. Some had a zero animation speed. Some had multiple screenshots from multiple players. At any time the player base could have stopped running with them, but that never happened. In fact you had players that grouped with these characters defending them trying to argue against the visual proof.

Unless something is hardcoded into the game by the developers.. ninja looting and hacking and any other abuse of the game mechanics will never go away. Players can't police themselves and Support won't because they suck.

6 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Effective but impossible.

The same has been suggested for verified hackers. There was even a spread sheet with character names that had a aiDPS screenshots showing animation speed. Some had a zero animation speed. Some had multiple screenshots from multiple players. At any time the player base could have stopped running with them, but that never happened. In fact you had players that grouped with these characters defending them trying to argue against the visual proof.

Unless something is hardcoded into the game by the developers.. ninja looting and hacking and any other abuse of the game mechanics will never go away. Players can't police themselves and Support won't because they suck.

Difference between hackers and ninja looters is huge. Hackers help people gain an advantage and its a good meme to team up with them for easy loot/wins especially when there were so many hackers it got to a point where you mite as well have them on your team instead of make enemies of them.

Ninja looters only take there is no benefit to having them in your group.

One of the more effective ways to combat ninja looters is to allow the group leader to apply a setting that only allows class-appropriate people to roll on gear drops. It isn't a very elegant system, but it got the job done. I think Tera did something like that. Otherwise, it's almost always wiser to run instances with friends. 

Archived