Economy Killer Events

Unskilled-KT

3 minutes ago, Cyan said:

The event was designed and tested so everything should be working as intended, and it was designed to be a little more generous than usual.

Ok, I will sit quietly, but this way too crazy... Check the broker prices, some items are devalued on the first hours of the event.

3 minutes ago, Brutallus-DN said:

I agree, everything we get now will be exchanged so I think it's fair

You don't know rates yet, don't get disappointed when the time comes. 

10 omegas to 1 6.2 stone :D

Just now, Unskilled-KT said:

Ok, I will sit quietly, but this way too crazy... Check the broker prices, some items are devalued on the first hours of the event.

You don't know rates yet, don't get disappointed when the time comes. 

I'm not going to get disappointed, ill be happy since everyone, hardcore or not, has a chance to catch up on

So... This must be a troll, a joke or bait, right? Ha ha ha...

...Maybe not.

Ok, lets clear this up. All of the stuff that is dropping from this event will be either useless or exchangeable (except for Berdin Stars, but cant complain about having more of them). Having them made more common not only allows people to go "Wow, maybe I could try and temper my Caeus set and enjoy its temperance skill or get a better equipment compensation". Not saying that you NEED the compensated gear, for the patch, but having a nice set ready does help. It kind of evens out the "gap". That said, even if you wish to just save up your resources and wait for the update to exchange it for the good new stuff, then you will have players who will have an easier time gearing up for 6.2 content.

Not only that, but high rewards also make the event attractive. This is less about economy, and more about the general community, but during the duration of the event, people will have fun doing old instances again. The few weeks before an update are pretty low on action, as you might have noticed, but these types of events are a nice hook to keep people active even during this "break" most people desire to take.

7 hours ago, Unskilled-KT said:

Dear administration, I know its end of the world, but it's NOT. We have upcoming 6.2 and with that crazy drop rates, you going to mess up it before the actual start.

Please adjust appropriately. Thanks.

Hold on I think what you're trying to say is

On 2018-03-15 at 2:57 PM, Gideon said:

This influx of [drops] means a massive economic impact for everything available from the event - PvE and PvP gear, Tempering Solutions, Omega Enchantment Stones and +12 Manastones. The game's economy [is going to suffer] lasting damage at least until 6.0, which is several [weeks] away. More importantly, any players who [are missing] out on the event [are] essentially at a permanent disadvantage until that update, which was why we ultimately [need] to pull the event. 

yw

Can't believe someone is complaining about this event destroying the economy. NEWS FLASH! The economy has been ruined for the longest time with 5.x patch when you could just buy your PvP/PvE gear off broker. First time someone got Caeus weapon box was for 10b on DN-A.

Bryos was right, you just can't please anybody here lol. I'm gonna enjoy the event to the fullest and gear my toons while I'm given the chance.

Devalued.. you mean to say there were drops that an up and coming players could AFFORD TO BUY??

OUTSTANDING!  EXCELLENT!  You  "it's my right to be greedy" types chase away new players because if they can't get gear and improve the gear to anything even close to competitive they will leave and go to another game..

Is NCSoft going to have to price cap items in the market to get the point across?  ( I think they need to to tell the truth..) Honestly once the price of anything goes past more then around 200k Kinah (if even that much)  it locks the new player right out.. and they leave the game.. And the whales can't carry the game for ever, and the number of "whales" drops every month!.. The market is changing and player expectations are changing as a new generation of players discover these games.  Please try to remember that AION needs to not only pay for it's self but clearly make a profit.  Player greed not only drives new players away as they cannot afford to by decent gear and upgrades from other players because those other player charge far to much for what its worth!  it cripples the PvP game which depend on player participation or have you all forgotten how many servers we no longer have? Were down 2 two servers in north america... Uno Dos thats it.

When I started playing there were like   was it like 16 severs?  It's been so long I don't remember and they were all populated at all hours of the day!  Today there's a fraction of the more then 1 million players the game had on the NA server a month after it launched..player population.. why did they leave?.. They left because they couldn't compete.  DOH!!!!!

They left because good items were out of what they could reasonably grind in a weeks time with the usually basic gear they had.  And as the level cap went up (and is still going up) they are left further and further... and further behind..  The gap between the haves and the have nots in AION is stupid large.. and has been since before v4.0. and it has been slowly killing the game.  Because with out a LOT of paying customers MMO's cannot survive!

Today even the largest guilds struggle at times to have sufficient body's for PvE much less PvP.

Player greed has choked the life out of this game,more then any other single thing..  Not the bug, not the games difficulty.. just greed.  The rapidly overpriced costs attracted bot and kinah farmers like there was no tomorrow.   The Kinah farmers took over the in game econ and far to many of YOU played right into their criminal hands and allowed your self to be manipulated.   Business was good if you were a third party operator selling Kinah.   I'm pretty sure those folks made more money off the game then NCSoft ever did.  They got away with it because WE let them..not NCsoft..  We the players.

So we are down to 2 servers and maybe..maybe 20,000 active players.   And that's a big maybe because honestly its feels like only about 5,000 actual active accounts between the two servers.   And there are those that are still botting and running hacks.  Has any of you gotten a message "we are sorry all servers are currently full" any time in the last 4 years?

Server capacity for this game is only about 10,000 players tops per server.  Even the active kinah farmer/sellers have been leaving because the work to profit ration has dropped like a rock!  This is all very basic market economy stuff.

If AION going to rebound with 6.2 (or what ever version it is) then ya'll are gonna have to get real NO TOLERANCE.  If ya see a bot, report it, you see a seller report it.. Stop selling things for stupidly huge amounts, and STOP BUYING KINAH!  I'm surprised AION has actually managed to last this long with how mush players and crooks have abused the game.  Its sister games in the NCSoft stable.. Lineage II is doing a "classic"  (live as of yesterday!) server version that has some fairly serious restrictions on the player econ and elsewhere to discourage the botters, the crooks, the cheaters, and the griefers.   (no more looting of player corpses!)  I can promise you it'll be phenomenally popular!  And Wildstar..in case you hadn't heard, Wildstar is shutting down.  I wonder why? Betcha it was game econ issue. or botting, or hacks/cheats/griefing chasing new players away to the point it stopped being profitable.  Blade and Soul is doing OK from what I understand.  The ArenaNet titles are an entirely different business entity independent from NCWest  (ie: Guild wars, Guild wars-II)

I coming back to the game with this update/release..but if I see the same stupidity, arrogance and greed I've seen over the last several years, I will leave again and that will be it.  I will not be back.  Because no matter how much Iove my toons, and I do and love the core of Aion and its amazing lore which I also do in the end I play this game and other to be entertained, to have recreation.  And I'm not here to do it at my the cost of other people enjoying the game.  I've never been into that sort of self centered egotistical selfish play and I do not like being around it.

And if for some reason you take this personally, and you have an issue with what I have said, then it time you grew up and got a clue.  It cannot continue as it has or AION dies.

NCWest may very well have t finally bite the bullet if they want to keep one of thier flagship titles active in north america and  price fix/cap the player market to limit greed and force the game market into affordability for new players or this game will die.  I wish they had done it years ago  It's no longer a matter of if, it's a matter of when.   It's not going to be an option for them.  If you cannot regulate your selves then your going to have to be regulated because new content will not save the game.

I said this over three years ago on these forums and got poo poo'd all over.   I was right then and I'm still right.. We are down to 2 servers and no more the 10,000 actual ACTIVE accounts if that many.   Could it be more obvious?

Bittena sends

it's really nice to have such big amount of materials so ppl can be happy and be better geared, i apreciate it but...

i have a different angle about this situation.  I would call this thread the:  ''New Players Killer Event''

*Crowds roar in Anger Dafuq  Nest you damn crazy greedy nyerk*

wait a second please, let me elaborate a bit.
  6.X was supposed to be revamped, streamlined and all that to attract New Players, yes New Players that are expected to come AFTER the update not now. So all this massive amount of items will create an immense gap between any current player and future New Players and Resturned players that will come after 6.X update. 
  In just a few hours of event economy shifted upside down, and this will last 3 full weeks, at the end i would say 95% of Active players will be able to exchange full  Legendary sets and several Ultimate pieces. (btw whales will have 3 to 4 sets to counter you, so don't smile much claiming you catched up lol)

Also don't blind yourselves 6.X is not the paradise will all dreamed for, the Aion salvation,  our brothers in EU are having big troubles everywhere, and a lot of players are leaving.

Just have in mind that NEW players will be runing in Ancient PvP gear for around 2, 3 or 4 months , (EU reports around 300 ancient and 60 lengedary stones  to maybe get a SINGLE piece of the most common ancient gear to +15) this means No Mov speed, no attack speed, no casting speed, they could get some PvE gear to soften a little the impact but still for a minimum of maybe 1 or 2 weeks until they get a PvE legendary boots  and weapon (and still will be slow) they will experience an Slow Motion MMO,  and now on top of that, exchanges will be raining everywhere making the gear gap even greater, so Bye Bye non existant future new players.

This action from NCwest plus the No adversiment from their part and all the problems with EU 6.X (wich are highly likely we will have too), lead me to think they realized the big inlfux of new players we all wanted will not happen, so they pulled this move to try to grab us by the balls and keep milking what is left of player base.

I hope I'm wrong and that servers flourish with activity and new players :D

This event is honestly awesome. The event list is solid and not filled with broken crystals. Even people that couldn't previously afford to prepare may be able to do so now, which is a great thing. Not gonna say they're gonna catch up to the whales or people who've been playing since January, but who really expects that? It does give them more opportunity though. So, asking to save an economy for 3 weeks is a bit silly. Keep the drops coming OM NOM NOM

2 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

it's really nice to have such big amount of materials so ppl can be happy and be better geared, i apreciate it but...

i have a different angle about this situation.  I would call this thread the:  ''New Players Killer Event''

6.X was supposed to be revamped, streamlined and all that to attract New Players, yes New Players that are expected to come AFTER the update not now. So all this massive amount of items will create an immense gap between any current player and future New Players and Resturned players that will come after 6.X update. 
  In just a few hours of event economy shifted upside down, and this will last 3 full weeks, at the end i would say 95% of Active players will be able to exchange full  Legendary sets and several Ultimate pieces. (btw whales will have 3 to 4 sets to counter you, so don't smile much claiming you catched up lol)

Also don't blind yourselves 6.X is not the paradise will all dreamed for, the Aion salvation,  our brothers in EU are having big troubles everywhere, and a lot of players are leaving.

Just have in mind that NEW players will be runing in Ancient PvP gear for around 2, 3 or 4 months , (EU reports around 300 ancient and 60 lengedary stones  to maybe get a SINGLE piece of the most common ancient gear to +15) this means No Mov speed, no attack speed, no casting speed, they could get some PvE gear to soften a little the impact but still for a minimum of maybe 1 or 2 weeks until they get a PvE legendary boots  and weapon (and still will be slow) they will experience an Slow Motion MMO,  and now on top of that, exchanges will be raining everywhere making the gear gap even greater, so Bye Bye non existant future new players.

This action from NCwest plus the No adversiment from their part and all the problems with EU 6.X (wich are highly likely we will have too), lead me to think they realized the big inlfux of new players we all wanted will not happen, so they pulled this move to try to grab us by the balls and keep milking what is left of player base.

New player killer thread? Seriously? I felt the need to reply to this because before you attract new players make sure you take care of the old/current players. These new players will look for feedback and right now it doesn’t look promising.

We worked hard to get end game gears and most of us are only at +15 then came the exchange rates that created confusions between whats pvp and pve, wings included in the exchange that never existed ingame. And the whole logic of why play when everything’s rendered useless at 6.x.

So I think this is a way to give back and ammend all those miscommunications, followed by the last power up event. It’s a good step towards a new patch. Keeping your current player base happy. 

I dont feel the need to stress how new players can survive, they just gonna have to get good and be competitive. Dont treat new players like babies. Plus we’ll have events eventually and they can use that to catch up. Hallooooweeeen~~~~

12 hours ago, DevilNest-KT said:

New players? Lol

You are more likely to run into a gm than a new player, 6.2 is not gonna change that.

Am I missing something? I thought kinah is being reseted aka 5.8 kinah being turned to gold bars and untrabeable, everyone starts from 0... So I dont understand what you complaining about?Are you upset that you cant get billion(s) kinah rich before new patch hits or what? This event is  not killing the economy,its helping alot of players to get stuff done before patch hits...

Many players are thankful for Ncsoft doing this event ,just not you lol.........

Archived