@Cyan @Hime: Please don't do these kinah changes in 6.x

WeinerWeaver-DN

21 minutes ago, WeinerWeaver-DN said:

Don't know why you're complaining you had 4x the kinah you were suppose to get right now you're getting the same kinah Koreans get when they sell stuff hell they even get less than EU does from NPC 

Nice move warning NCwest beforehand so they will butcher our income right from the start dude... 10/10

at least EU players enjoyed that for 2 weeks.

Korea has a Premium system that improves like 3 X the value to items sold via personal store (NPC is still the same low price) , the  bug was that this feature was available for everyone in EU servers, anyways it would make sense for Gold Pack or Prestige Pack to have this feature enabled if publishers really try to be faithful to Korea.

and yes ppl are really struggling to fullfil the basics of kinah use.

What's killing me on the EU servers is making enough kinah to change my stigmas from dps (for solo instances and grinding mobs) to heals (for PvP/PvE instances). 

We don't have the Gold Pack, so that really won't be an issue for us. But the lack of kinah is still going to hurt us. Especially for those classes that have to regularly change their stigmas.

This is Gameforge we're talking about, not 6.2. They're well known to nerf various in game mechanics that cripple the f2p players (remember Luna and Spire nerf), meaning, they're basically forcing you to buy the Gold Pack one way or another. Korea's system is different, even as f2p, you have various broker slots to use and you still can sell instance gear for more or less the same as anybody with the Membership thing. The difference is that in Korea you need your SSN to have an active account to play MMORPGs, while here in the West, you don't. This gives them greater control of players and bots/hackers.

If NA has to nerf drops, better be the open world ones to prevent bots from farming, but NA needs to step up its game against hackers.

6 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

This is Gameforge we're talking about, not 6.2. They're well known to nerf various in game mechanics that cripple the f2p players (remember Luna and Spire nerf), meaning, they're basically forcing you to buy the Gold Pack one way or another. Korea's system is different, even as f2p, you have various broker slots to use and you still can sell instance gear for more or less the same as anybody with the Membership thing. The difference is that in Korea you need your SSN to have an active account to play MMORPGs, while here in the West, you don't. This gives them greater control of players and bots/hackers.

If NA has to nerf drops, better be the open world ones to prevent bots from farming, but NA needs to step up its game against hackers.

Korea empty, RU empty, EU falling apart, but NA will be great!!

6.2 is starting to look at lot like communism.

only-one-more-time_o_7233096.jpg

On 10/4/2018 at 3:06 PM, AFK-KT said:

Don't know why you're complaining you had 4x the kinah you were suppose to get right now you're getting the same kinah Koreans get when they sell stuff hell they even get less than EU does from NPC 

Try reading the thread, k thx bye.

17 hours ago, Heuo-DN said:

why are you even there?

Cause I really don't want NA getting these changes if they were thinking about it? Can you even comprehend?

On 10/4/2018 at 8:46 PM, Bryos-DN said:

TLDR?

before 6.0, the selling price was 20% of the item's default value.

After 6.0, this was changed to 5%.

In all western versions (since there is only one), the formula was changed for NPCs but not for the inventory function resulting in NPCs buying items at 5% value, and the inventory at 20%.
NCsoft released a fix that leveled both methods to 5%.
Once GF applied the fix, they were immediately accused of nerfing something and some less informed people started using Korean videos as proof but completely ignoring the fact that the Korean premium membership increases the selling price by 10% when selling items from the inventory (15% of the item's value).

And now some want GF to reintroduce the bug on purpose (that's not even possible unless NCsoft would releases a fix that would rollback a fix), or change the Gold pack features to introduce the same increase as the Korean equivalent provides.

2 hours ago, 5s152F76-DN said:

before 6.0, the selling price was 20% of the item's default value.

After 6.0, this was changed to 5%.

In all western versions (since there is only one), the formula was changed for NPCs but not for the inventory function resulting in NPCs buying items at 5% value, and the inventory at 20%.
NCsoft released a fix that leveled both methods to 5%.
Once GF applied the fix, they were immediately accused of nerfing something and some less informed people started using Korean videos as proof but completely ignoring the fact that the Korean premium membership increases the selling price by 10% when selling items from the inventory (15% of the item's value).

And now some want GF to reintroduce the bug on purpose (that's not even possible unless NCsoft would releases a fix that would rollback a fix), or change the Gold pack features to introduce the same increase as the Korean equivalent provides.

But the thing is, its causing a lot of issues, with the slow rate of Kinah farming.

On most servers, Gold Pack prices are around 35-50 million now, while the average weekly kinah earned while farming is around 2-3 million for an average player (considering the fact that he sells everything he farms without spending a single kinah on Enchantment, breaking gears for Manastone slot stones and scrolls, etc).

That bug/issue atleast provided the way for players to earn around 10 million weekly, but that got removed (on average a 4 weekly solo Mirash run let you earn around 600k-1kk depending on drops, but with that issue the same runs gave around 3kk). Considering that 6.0/6.2 update is more Kinah drainer than before, the rate at which we can earn Kinah is really low (by the way, i have a Gold Pack active on EU, and i am just telling what i noticed).

4 hours ago, Xauieo-DN said:

But the thing is, its causing a lot of issues, with the slow rate of Kinah farming.

On most servers, Gold Pack prices are around 35-50 million now, while the average weekly kinah earned while farming is around 2-3 million for an average player (considering the fact that he sells everything he farms without spending a single kinah on Enchantment, breaking gears for Manastone slot stones and scrolls, etc).

That bug/issue atleast provided the way for players to earn around 10 million weekly, but that got removed (on average a 4 weekly solo Mirash run let you earn around 600k-1kk depending on drops, but with that issue the same runs gave around 3kk). Considering that 6.0/6.2 update is more Kinah drainer than before, the rate at which we can earn Kinah is really low (by the way, i have a Gold Pack active on EU, and i am just telling what i noticed).

I expect this kinah nerf will result in a massive deflation, which means the Gold Pack prices should decrease over time due to the massive lack of kinah supply.

Scratch this comment

I'm not sure whether I'm looking at the correct thing. This does seem to be some sort of "nerf" (though whether coming from Gameforge or NCSOFT is debatable) but even without membership in Korea, you should still have 20% of sales. I'm basing that off this translated screenshot and it's LV.0 pulled off from Aion EU 

fCSNkIG.png

We can look at both Powerbook and AionCodex at the following item: 고대의 정원 마법 깃털. You can see the "buy price" is 5,523,300 kinah, however the sale price is different. Unless the Codex is out of date, it means in Korea the sale price is still 1,104,660 and not 276,165. I'm unable to enter my KR account at the moment (I keep getting an error even with VPN) so I can't confirm it myself.

BB1p6Y9.png 

nCQAOtS.png 

P.S.- I know Kelekelio is here in this thread, so maybe he can enlighten us on this more :P 

Scratch my comment above. I went into my KR account to double check (turns out I forgot to turn off RTL oops), and as Kelekelio said, it's 5% sales, so to have that 20% sales, you'd still have to buy the membership and each level increases that percentage. I'm gonna give the base of 고대의 굳건한 수호자 보주 as an example (Steadfast Protector's Ancient Orb).

CBy1lsU.png 

Selling through NPC and inventory gives the same amount of kinah. (I used English to translate the KR version for better understanding but it's all ugly and wonky)

wpJjSUN.png 

phACSvt.png 

In conclusion, this isn't a nerf from Gameforge, but an actual fix from NCSOFT. It makes sense for a f2p player (no membership), but this fix has been applied also for Gold Pack users on EU.

Calling on @Cyan and @Hime to hopefully keep this 20% sales for us on NA as f2p users, while Prestige users can enjoy the bigger numbers. It's not entirely fair per se, but not everyone here can afford themselves a Prestige membership, while on EU it's possible to buy the GP on broker and in Korea almost everyone has the membership going.

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Calling on @Cyan and @Hime to hopefully keep this 20% sales for us on NA as f2p users, while Prestige users can enjoy the bigger numbers. It's not entirely fair per se, but not everyone here can afford themselves a Prestige membership, while on EU it's possible to buy the GP on broker and in Korea almost everyone has the membership going.

Or just make the prestige pass tradeable/brokerable.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived