End Of The World Event Question

Sankita-DN

So, I mostly play solo, and I came back purely because this event gave me an opportunity to get some decent gear before the new update. But I have a question.

I ran Linkgate Foundry once, got a couple of Apocalyptic Chests, and thought "oh, I can run this tomorrow and try to get more!" I ran it again the next day, and not a single box dropped, even from the end boss. Does this event cover only one run per instance? I expected to get another Apocalyptic Chest when I ran it the next day, but it appears I've run out of chances.

My question is: Are we only allowed to run each instance once to get some Apocalyptic Chests, or can we keep running these instances through the event and expect to see more boxes drop? I'm a very casual player, and running this solo instance is pretty fun. I might just do it for the Blood Mark rewards regardless.

I got 4 boxes a run except for today. Only got 2. Was so mad. Legionmate got 9.

Husband and I duo'd OB. Only got 3 there. Duo'd sauro the other day and got 4? Maybe 5 or 6. DL was stingy, but I think one person solo'd it and got 12 boxes? Adma was also super stingy.

RNGESUS, LOVE ME. q_q

9 hours ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I got 4 boxes a run except for today. Only got 2. Was so mad. Legionmate got 9.

Husband and I duo'd OB. Only got 3 there. Duo'd sauro the other day and got 4? Maybe 5 or 6. DL was stingy, but I think one person solo'd it and got 12 boxes? Adma was also super stingy.

RNGESUS, LOVE ME. q_q

4 boxes per 1 linkgate run? O.o What? Doesn't it drop only from the boss?

45 minutes ago, Enriah-KT said:

4 boxes per 1 linkgate run? O.o What? Doesn't it drop only from the boss?

Not at all. The website lists only 3 instances where the box is boss only: Illuminary Obelisk, Infernal Illuminary Obelisk and Fallen Poeta. Those 3 are what I call “rush mode”, however in the other instances, like Linkgate, the box drops from everything possible, the mobs and boss, even from the box containing the scrolls!

It’s very RNG, yesterday I got no box, but on another alt I got up to 5. Just pew pew your way thru.

21 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Not at all. The website lists only 3 instances where the box is boss only: Illuminary Obelisk, Infernal Illuminary Obelisk and Fallen Poeta. Those 3 are what I call “rush mode”, however in the other instances, like Linkgate, the box drops from everything possible, the mobs and boss, even from the box containing the scrolls!

It’s very RNG, yesterday I got no box, but on another alt I got up to 5. Just pew pew your way thru.

Wow that's nice to know!! Thank you.

I thought it would be too OP to have boxes dropping from every mob in the instance like linkgate oof

15 hours ago, Huronia-DN said:

My question is: Are we only allowed to run each instance once to get some Apocalyptic Chests, or can we keep running these instances through the event and expect to see more boxes drop?

It's the same as with the doors in the Upper Abyss Landing, Fallen Poeta, enchanting, and pretty much everything in Aion altogether: RNG. Some instances are on average better than others, but you too could be that one guy or girl who one day pulls 8+ boxes from a Sauro instead of only 1.

For a bit of an added tip, remember that Xzibit also played Aion so be sure to check all boxes you come across.

MrL01Ez.png

7 minutes ago, Mirei-KT said:

It's the same as with the doors in the Upper Abyss Landing, Fallen Poeta, enchanting, and pretty much everything in Aion altogether: RNG. Some instances are on average better than others, but you too could be that one guy or girl who one day pulls 8+ boxes from a Sauro instead of only 1.

For a bit of an added tip, remember that Xzibit also played Aion so be sure to check all boxes you come across.

MrL01Ez.png

What dungeon is this? Sauro?

Wow, thanks for all the helpful replies! Yeah, I just ran Linkgate again and I have three boxes now. And I got one of those boxes from Linkgate's Scroll Supply chest in the beginning, ahaha

But so far the largest amount I've gotten from Linkgate has to be 2 boxes per run, still haven't gotten more than that. Also, I'm very afraid of running group instances alone because I believe I am undergeared and I'm awful at kiting so I think I'll just keep running Linkgate once per day for the event

Thanks for all of these replies, they are really awesome!

Archived