[News] Awakened Legacy: Item & System Changes

Cyan

I'm not sure if I'm asking the same questions as everyone else, but some are about the economy changes and Kinah in particular.

I'm a really casual player who has basically been logging in for events and attempting to level to 75 with little success (main toon is level 69).

I'm no rich player by any long shot, but I've amassed a sizable chunk of Kinah on my main toon and I'm really not looking forward to the Gold-Ingots-exchange-thing. I've already transferred all of my Kinah to my main character, but:

1. Will the Kinah on my character be left alone? By this I mean - will I log in after the patch and see that all my Kinah has been magically transformed into Gold Ingots? The exchange rate is around 1 Gold Ingot for 30,000,000 Kinah, right? According to this I have enough for about 3 Gold Ingots. TL, DR: Will my Kinah stay Kinah?

2. If my Kinah is transformed into Gold Ingots, why is the exchange rate less? Like it costs 30 mil for one Gold Ingot, but exchanging an Ingot for Kinah will only net me 12 mil...at least from what I can see on the economy changes article. Will my Kinah be reduced to 36 mil when before I had 100+ mil? Also, what happens to leftover Kinah that can't be exchanged? Will it stay in my inventory?

3. How difficult is it going to be to finish my earlier campaigns to reach the 76+ Lakrum area? I'm level 69, and I've been struggling to earn XP for a while now. I heard that we'll be getting basic gear from campaigns to help us in that area, but only after level 76.

4. I've been running the End of the World Event and I'm wondering if I'm going to get any compensation gear for the stuff I get out of the Apocalyptic Chests. Do I have to enchant this event gear to get compensation gear?

Sorry if these are stupid or have been answered before, I've read through the replies but if my question(s) have already been answered please direct me to the post.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Sankita-DN said:

1. Will the Kinah on my character be left alone? By this I mean - will I log in after the patch and see that all my Kinah has been magically transformed into Gold Ingots? The exchange rate is around 1 Gold Ingot for 30,000,000 Kinah, right? According to this I have enough for about 3 Gold Ingots. TL, DR: Will my Kinah stay Kinah?

2. If my Kinah is transformed into Gold Ingots, why is the exchange rate less? Like it costs 30 mil for one Gold Ingot, but exchanging an Ingot for Kinah will only net me 12 mil...at least from what I can see on the economy changes article. Will my Kinah be reduced to 36 mil when before I had 100+ mil? Also, what happens to leftover Kinah that can't be exchanged? Will it stay in my inventory?

From what i understood, your 30 million Kinah would be removed and you would get 1 Gold Ingot in its place, and for each Gold Ingot you get in exchange you would get 12 million Kinah.

So, as example, for each 120 Million Kinah removed, you would end up getting back 4 Gold Ingot & 48 Million Kinah.

That is a much better exchange i would say compared to what EU had, since this would allow even players with low Kinah balance (low as in less that 1 Billion), to have some sizeable Kinah balance left after the update.

On EU, they exchanged 8.7 Million Kinah for 1 Gold Ingot (max Gold Ingot exchange possible was 5,400), and you get no return Kinah balance (only a Redeem Code was given which sent to the account related e-mail id, which could be only used once on one account and you could get 10 Million Kinah from it on one char only).

The exchange in EU caused a lot of people (would say 90% plus player population) to end up with less than 100 Million Kinah balance (except those P2W players who purchased a lot of stuff from SHOP to sell in-game, and had a balance of over 50 Billion Kinah).

3. How difficult is it going to be to finish my earlier campaigns to reach the 76+ Lakrum area? I'm level 69, and I've been struggling to earn XP for a while now. I heard that we'll be getting basic gear from campaigns to help us in that area, but only after level 76.

It takes about less than 1 hour to reach from lvl 72 to lvl 80 in 6.2 (and its possible to go from lvl 1 to lvl 80 within 5-6 hrs of game-play). So, leveling up won't be a problem.

And the basic gear you get is from the Campaign Quests you do from lvl 75 onward (you get both PvE and PvP starter gears that way, full set mind that, from Weapons to Bracelets).

4. I've been running the End of the World Event and I'm wondering if I'm going to get any compensation gear for the stuff I get out of the Apocalyptic Chests. Do I have to enchant this event gear to get compensation gear?

In order to get the Compensation gears, you have to in-general Enchant all your gears to +20 and above (the full exchange list should be in one of the threads here, so not gonna bother). If you can't do that, then either better try to sell of those gears on Broker, or sell them to NPC (if possible), because from my experience on EU, post update all those gears would only be usable for Skin only (and sold for 1 Kinah for most gears, except a few type i think).

I really don't understand exchange rate like violet got it.

Kinah in your mailbox, inventory, and broker will be converted into Gold Ingots at a rate of 30,000,000 Kinah to 1 Gold Ingot. Gold Ingots will be delivered directly to your inventory.

Essence Cores will be converted into Gold Ingots based on their enchantment levels as follows.

+5 Essence Core = 11 Gold Ingots

+6 Essence Core = 15 Gold Ingots

+7 Essence Core = 23 Gold Ingots

+8 Essence Core = 31 Gold Ingots

+9 Essence Core = 47 Gold Ingots

+10 Essence Core = 80 Gold Ingots

Essence Cores in the Account Warehouse are converted into an equivalent number of Gold Ingot Bundles.

So why some people are saying that gold ingot from essence core  won't be to sell cause is same description on news..i really belive some mistake wearhouse account(bundels so you can move once) with personal inventory(is untradeable unless you wanna sell to special sand npc) and make some weird rumors..unless they know more what ncsoft posted at news updates

36 minutes ago, Nicolleta-KT said:

I really don't understand exchange rate like violet got it.

Kinah in your mailbox, inventory, and broker will be converted into Gold Ingots at a rate of 30,000,000 Kinah to 1 Gold Ingot. Gold Ingots will be delivered directly to your inventory.

Essence Cores will be converted into Gold Ingots based on their enchantment levels as follows.

+5 Essence Core = 11 Gold Ingots

+6 Essence Core = 15 Gold Ingots

+7 Essence Core = 23 Gold Ingots

+8 Essence Core = 31 Gold Ingots

+9 Essence Core = 47 Gold Ingots

+10 Essence Core = 80 Gold Ingots

Essence Cores in the Account Warehouse are converted into an equivalent number of Gold Ingot Bundles.

So why some people are saying that gold ingot from essence core  won't be to sell cause is same description on news..i really belive some mistake wearhouse account(bundels so you can move once) with personal inventory(is untradeable unless you wanna sell to special sand npc) and make some weird rumors..unless they know more what ncsoft posted at news updates

If the essence core is in your account warehouse, you will have gold ingot bundles which you can remove from the account wh and put on your characters. I -think- what I understand you to be saying is true. Those bundles become untradeable once they are taken from the account warehouse and placed on your characters.

Just note that ingots from essence cores do -not- come with kinah. The ingot + 12 million kinah is -only- for kinah exchange.

"Kinah in the Account Warehouse will be converted into Gold Ingot Bundles at a rate of 30,000,000 Kinah to 1 Gold Ingot Bundle, each of which contains a single Gold Ingot. Gold Ingot Bundles will be delivered to the Account Warehouse, and can be passed through the Account Warehouse at will.

5. For the Account Warehouse, you will receive 12 bundles of 1 million Kinah for each Gold Ingot Bundle. These will be deposited into the Account Warehouse, but can only be withdrawn once."

Are these stackable in large quantities? Curious cause I plan to just leave my kinah in account warehouse, but worried all these bundles won't fit in there if they don't stack at a decent quantity amount.

Also, am I safe to leave items in legion warehouse?

I don't trust the account wh and am keeping mine clear on all accounts to be safe. It's safer, I think, to have a some kinah on each character and then perhaps a nice skin so that they have something to sell if they need kinah. But that's just me.

@Azeriah-KT As I understand it, the things that are fully tradeable now will be fully tradeable after the update. I know my dyes and things are on alts. 

1 hour ago, Azeriah-KT said:

Quick question: will dyes and paints still be tradable within my account? Because I have traded all of them onto an alt toon for safekeeping.

Thank you

On EU atleast, the ones you could move around in your Account Warehouse, still work same as before.

i'm really confused and concerned about the kinah conversion, i understood that for each 30,000,000 we have we get 1 gold ingot and nothing else, and that gold ingot can be converted into 12,000,000 kinah but some people understand that for each 30M we have we get 1 gold ingot + 12M
So for what i understood the Gold Ingots we get from our kinah and form Essence cores are exactly the same item meaning they are stackable and also all can be sold to get 12M kinah from each. i spent 20B kinag these days buying Essence Cores +10 for that reason, and now apparently i will be stuck with tons of Gold Ingots that wont and cant be converted into Kinah? So im basically screwed and im gonna be poor in 6.2 =/

would you clearify this doubt @Cyan please?

30 minutes ago, PEkOzZ-DN said:

i'm really confused and concerned about the kinah conversion, i understood that for each 30,000,000 we have we get 1 gold ingot and nothing else, and that gold ingot can be converted into 12,000,000 kinah but some people understand that for each 30M we have we get 1 gold ingot + 12M
So for what i understood the Gold Ingots we get from our kinah and form Essence cores are exactly the same item meaning they are stackable and also all can be sold to get 12M kinah from each. i spent 20B kinag these days buying Essence Cores +10 for that reason, and now apparently i will be stuck with tons of Gold Ingots that wont and cant be converted into Kinah? So im basically screwed and im gonna be poor in 6.2 =/

No.

First, understand that there is old kinah and new kinah. All your old kinah will be put together and for each 30 million of old kinah that you have, you will get 1 gold ingot and 12 million -new- kinah. That goes in a separate pile from the old kinah. So if right now you have 120 million old kinah, you will get 4 gold ingots -and- 48 million new kinah when you log in.

Essence cores will only give you gold ingots. You do not get new kinah for those gold ingots.

Gold ingots cannot be converted back into kinah. They can, however, be used to buy things in the new in game shop called the Gold Sand Shop.

28 minutes ago, PEkOzZ-DN said:

For each 30M current kinah, you get 1 gold bar and 12M new kinah.

For essence cores, you get gold bars depending on their enchantment level and absolutely nothing else. So for example, for a +10 essence core, you will get 80 gold bars and nothing else.

You can't do jackshit with gold bars except spend them on the gold bar shop, most of which have a weekly limit or are cosmetic items like emotion cards, skill skin cards, or plain skins (but it a box so it looks cooler I guess)(also the skins from those 80 gold bar boxes are tradeable). You can check out everything buyable with them in this vid.

I still don't know who is spreading the rumor that you can switch gold bars back into kinah because that shit ain't happening. To clear it up a bit, apparently when Korea got the update, they only got gold bars for their kinah, but a small patch later they had the option to switch back their gold bars into kinah simply because they didn't get any kinah from them at the start. We're not getting 6.0 like the Koreans got, we're getting 6.2 which gives us a smoother transition and easier farming for the primeval fragments needed to buy pvp items.

What will happen to my guest petals and to the goods that are now sold for guest petals - Paint guestblooms, furniture, wall decor? Should I buy this stuff before the update or they will stay and I can buy them later?

Some gear will "turn to skins or sell for 1k to npc" - I read something or it's incorrect, please clarify? Which gear? If gear is equipped, it must remain? What if same kind of gear is in the inventory, is there a difference, might it be destroyed for not being equipped?? Many players have several sets of gear, then what? Might it be destroyed for not being soul-bound?

How much functionable will be Legion warehouse? Can we store kinah in it? I read, kinah stored in an account warehouse can't be fully usable for any character, only by 1, something like that? Can account warehouse still be usable for any money sharing between characters? What happens to spinel medals stored in the account warehouse? Can we use Legion warehouse for spinel medals?

15 minutes ago, Motionless-KT said:

What will happen to my guest petals and to the goods that are now sold for guest petals - Paint guestblooms, furniture, wall decor? Should I buy this stuff before the update or they will stay and I can buy them later?

Some gear will "turn to skins or sell for 1k to npc" - I read something or it's incorrect, please clarify? Which gear? If gear is equipped, it must remain? What if same kind of gear is in the inventory, is there a difference, might it be destroyed for not being equipped?? Many players have several sets of gear, then what? Might it be destroyed for not being soul-bound?

Jeez. Let me clear out all your questions in one phrase. Nothing will happen to the gear you have now.

Whoever said "gear will turn into skins" probably meant it in the way that the efficiency of old gear will be drastically reduced, and that is the truth.

5 minutes ago, Motionless-KT said:

How much functionable will be Legion warehouse? Can we store kinah in it? I read, kinah stored in an account warehouse can't be fully usable for any character, only by 1, something like that? Can account warehouse still be usable for any money sharing between characters? What happens to spinel medals stored in the account warehouse? Can we use Legion warehouse for spinel medals?

Kinah cant be shared, stored or traded around in any way after the patch. It has been explained that kinah in your account warehouse will turn into Gold Ingot bundles stored in your account warehouse which you can withdraw only once (do it from whichever character you want them on, even though trading kinah before the patch is better). Legion Warehouse kinah will go towards the BG.

Spinel Medals become useless and are terminated. They are sold for exchanged for AP when you log in after the patch.

3 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

I still don't know who is spreading the rumor that you can switch gold bars back into kinah because that shit ain't happening. To clear it up a bit, apparently when Korea got the update, they only got gold bars for their kinah, but a small patch later they had the option to switch back their gold bars into kinah simply because they didn't get any kinah from them at the start. We're not getting 6.0 like the Koreans got, we're getting 6.2 which gives us a smoother transition and easier farming for the primeval fragments needed to buy pvp items.

First ones would be scammers trying to sell their EC.

Also, LatAm and Br players who suck at english.

4 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Kinah cant be shared, stored or traded around in any way after the patch. It has been explained that kinah in your account warehouse will turn into Gold Ingot bundles stored in your account warehouse which you can withdraw only once (do it from whichever character you want them on, even though trading kinah before the patch is better). Legion Warehouse kinah will go towards the BG.

Spinel Medals become useless and are terminated. They are sold for exchanged for AP when you log in after the patch.

Sucks, we'll get to a stone age or totalitarian state. :( What is better to do with spinel medals? I have 7 equal mains on this account, they all need AP. Can I split spinel medals stored in my account wh between different toons before selling? 

With kinah, is it better to just share them between all mains and not store anything in the wh?

Will it still be possible to put any things and take them from the legion wh? 

This ap you will be getting from spinel medals isn't much considering in 6.2 ap is easy to get. You could just spend all the spinels buying stigmas from the iluma/norsvold camps if you haven't already done so. Well I have no idea about your kinah, that is up to you. Do note that 6.2 is not an alt friendly patch.

3 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

This ap you will be getting from spinel medals isn't much considering in 6.2 ap is easy to get. You could just spend all the spinels buying stigmas from the iluma/norsvold camps if you haven't already done so. Well I have no idea about your kinah, that is up to you. Do note that 6.2 is not an alt friendly patch.

Sorry, I don't know about Stigmas from Norsvold camps, where is it or what stigmas? I thought stigmas generally will be removed, is it correct? Are those stigmas from camps special and not be removed, why you advise to buy them?

For years, they enchoraged us to create more and more accounts, toons, I used many to store very many things, now it's not alt-friendly... Can Legion wh still be used for trading skins, furniture, materials? I can't move all those items from all alts to mains, inventories are busy! :( 

15 minutes ago, Motionless-KT said:

Sorry, I don't know about Stigmas from Norsvold camps, where is it or what stigmas? I thought stigmas generally will be removed, is it correct? Are those stigmas from camps special and not be removed, why you advise to buy them?

For years, they enchoraged us to create more and more accounts, toons, I used many to store very many things, now it's not alt-friendly... Can Legion wh still be used for trading skins, furniture, materials? I can't move all those items from all alts to mains, inventories are busy! :( 

You can buy 3 stigmas a week with 30 spinels per toon for the class of the toon that you are using. You can buy it at the top right camp of norsvold. Stigmas will not be removed, in fact if you have a full set of +9 stigma, instead of only getting 1 extra stigma slot like now, you will have 2 extra stigma slots in 6.2

1 minute ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

You can buy 3 stigmas a week with 30 spinels per toon for the class of the toon that you are using. You can buy it at the top right camp of norsvold. Stigmas will not be removed, in fact if you have a full set of +9 stigma, instead of only getting 1 extra stigma slot like now, you will have 2 extra stigma slots in 6.2

Stigmas not removed, exactly, stay same? That's good. My mains have strigmas +3 - +6, no one has +9. But if I buy usual stigmas in camps as you said, I only have 10 hours to use them to enchant my existing stigmas? That doesn't even guarantee me success, quite a difficult thing. Will stigmas be also sold after the update?

Archived