Forums

[News] Awakened Legacy: Item & System Changes

Cyan

9 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Yeah, no, we better not follow the same disastrous path EU is following, some people are already asking merges for the new servers. NA can’t afford that kind of thing going on, because merging KT and DN would be the end of it anyway. 

If we stay as close to the patch as Korea, then it should be good, same enchantment table, same drops, and also no Kaisinel xforms anywhere, etc. EU has their enchant rates nerfed where you can’t even plus an item to +1 without failing 10 times in a row.

Cannot agree more, as close to Korea version => as better Game sucess will ahve in NA.

It's our chance to make a good  and worth difference for real with EU servers. We already have better things, now we can gather many others, that will become the reaosn why people choose to play Aion in NA instead EU.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, @Cyan for the valuable information! And congrats to the team for talking to the devs about tweaking the release and items to better suit out region! the effort you put in this is really appreciated!

I think we are off to a great release in NA... much much better compared to other regions!

(And also people should stop comparing our patch to EU or KR versions... clearly things here will be different and better!)

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Nymphala-DN said:

Thank you, @Cyan for the valuable information! And congrats to the team for talking to the devs about tweaking the release and items to better suit out region! the effort you put in this is really appreciated!

I think we are off to a great release in NA... much much better compared to other regions!

(And also people should stop comparing our patch to EU or KR versions... clearly things here will be different and better!)

Thanks again!

Please don't jinx it. 

Regarding the comparisons, I can both agree and disagree on that. Generally speaking, when games are released in various regions, normally they should have the same things as the original (in this case Korea), otherwise it can create imbalance and frustration among players. It can be good if for example in this case NA seems to be holding off better than EU, but we have to keep in mind the masterminds behind all of this are still the Aion Dev Team, and they have little to almost no knowledge how West handles games. They think they do, but no, they don't. 

6.2 is very different from the previous patches and looking at it now, it would make no sense whatsoever to be too different from Korea. Yeah, a better treatment would be good, but if NA fails to deliver, it will be catastrophic like Tiamaranta's Eye event. We look into EU because they hurried to release the patch but we can see how they're being handled by their publisher and the dev team. We don't want that.

4 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Yeah, no, we better not follow the same disastrous path EU is following, some people are already asking merges for the new servers. NA can’t afford that kind of thing going on, because merging KT and DN would be the end of it anyway. 

If we stay as close to the patch as Korea, then it should be good, same enchantment table, same drops, and also no Kaisinel xforms anywhere, etc. EU has their enchant rates nerfed where you can’t even plus an item to +1 without failing 10 times in a row.

On the bolded text.. this is why I am so glad that NA decided not to open any new servers with this patch. Not everyone that tries the new patch will stay no matter how good it is. It's better to have the two old servers a little crowded for a few weeks than have to suffer waiting for and then through a merge.

Enchanting is not easy on the EU servers but it isn't -that- bad. You don't fail over and over to +1 an item. Getting to +5 isn't so bad. Getting to +10 is meh. Getting over +10 is really tough. Though I agree, I hope we don't get their enchant rates. One of the beautiful things about 6.x is that there is a gear cap. There is no longer this arms race where you finally manage to +20 something and someone else gets +30 and beyond. Every player can reach the gear cap in time. I think that's a good thing.

45 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

On the bolded text.. this is why I am so glad that NA decided not to open any new servers with this patch. Not everyone that tries the new patch will stay no matter how good it is. It's better to have the two old servers a little crowded for a few weeks than have to suffer waiting for and then through a merge.

Enchanting is not easy on the EU servers but it isn't -that- bad. You don't fail over and over to +1 an item. Getting to +5 isn't so bad. Getting to +10 is meh. Getting over +10 is really tough. Though I agree, I hope we don't get their enchant rates. One of the beautiful things about 6.x is that there is a gear cap. There is no longer this arms race where you finally manage to +20 something and someone else gets +30 and beyond. Every player can reach the gear cap in time. I think that's a good thing.

Actually, their enchanting rates were nerfed about a week ago and people agree they're worse than in Korea and Russia. If we follow the table from Powerbook, it should be 88% chance for an Ancient from +0 to +3, but to fail that 12% means it's either awful luck or something worse.

2 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Actually, their enchanting rates were nerfed about a week ago and people agree they're worse than in Korea and Russia. If we follow the table from Powerbook, it should be 88% chance for an Ancient from +0 to +3, but to fail that 12% means it's either awful luck or something worse.

Ohhhhhhhh. Yeah. I have tried to enchant in a week so that might be true. They also made the kinah changes then and it sort of killed a lot of people's desire to play.

I have a good question, to the next update 6.0 or 6.2 , does not matter for me. If i get at excange pieces +15 Legendary PvE, that will be all for me? just +15 ?! or i can purify from +15 Legendary to Ultimate? like from harvester to master harvester. thxxx

51 minutes ago, Zumina-KT said:

I have a good question, to the next update 6.0 or 6.2 , does not matter for me. If i get at excange pieces +15 Legendary PvE, that will be all for me? just +15 ?! or i can purify from +15 Legendary to Ultimate? like from harvester to master harvester. thxxx

It's been answered several times.

Anyway there you go:

PvP: YES, these you can purify.

PvE: NO, these cannot be purified.

@Cyan sorry, I don't know if it has been asked but may I know if its safe to continue keeping stuff in cabinets (mine r all permanent ones so before someone tells me about durational cabinets crafted with construction...), bag pets, warehouse (personal,account,legion)?

I understand from reading somewhere that it was mentioned that for the gear compensation stuff it should be in my inventory and kinah should be in my inventory too. Is that all? 

Also 2nd question. I saw someone asking about leaving kinah in broker till after patch so, what is ncsoft's take on broker? Should I remove all stuff on broker before patch manually or will this be automatically done for us?

Will it be ensured that 'potential abusers' like the guy I mentioned above leaving kinah in broker won't start 6.2 with billions of kinah? What about mailing yourself kinah in mailbox?

You won't be able to attach kinah in mailboxes.

On EU, lots of "old" stuff was still on broker when the patch was released (Antrishka Asmo). Rest assured, if you have stuff that's gonna be compensated, keep it on your toons. 

If you have kinah in your legion or account warehouse, put it on your toons.

2 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

On EU, lots of "old" stuff was still on broker when the patch was released (Antrishka Asmo).

He means leaving sold items' kinah on brokers and collecting it after the patch, to receive that kinah with 1:1 rate instead of whatever Ncwest has planned for us.

1 minute ago, Capa-KT said:

He means leaving sold items' kinah on brokers and collecting it after the patch, to receive that kinah with 1:1 rate instead of whatever Ncwest has planned for us.

Oh, that's actually a good question 1 I can't recall how it happened on EU, but wasn't it sent back to the mailbox?

• Aion Team

We're going to have an article go up this week about some economy stuff, but I wanted to clarify a few Kinah questions. 

Kinah will be pulled from your inventory, mail, broker and put on that character for calculation. Any Kinah stored in the Legion Warehouse will go to the Brigade General. Kinah in the Account Warehouse will have the Gold Ingots calculated on its own.

4 minutes ago, Cyan said:

We're going to have an article go up this week about some economy stuff, but I wanted to clarify a few Kinah questions. 

Kinah will be pulled from your inventory, mail, broker and put on that character for calculation. Any Kinah stored in the Legion Warehouse will go to the Brigade General. Kinah in the Account Warehouse will have the Gold Ingots calculated on its own.

Gold ingots are account tradable?

Archived