Questions about stat changes for 6.* patch

Plezurenpain-DN

I've been reading as much as I can about the changes with the upcoming Oct 24th patch and am confused about some changes (or perceived changes) that are being made.

1. Someone mentioned that clerics will no longer be able to equip staves and that staves will be solely for physical damage.  Does this mean that chanters will be solely a physical damage class now or will they have to have magic boost & magic accuracy to do certain things?
  2. Is healing boost going away & all spells will get their boost from magic boost or will the healing boost remain in the game?
  3. Will glads be able to be a tank still or will that only be a templar role?  (PvE speaking)
  4. Are any of the classes changing from a physical damage class to a magic damage class (or vice versa)?

1. That someone was me and it was my error. I corrected it in the thread but I can see how easy it can be overlooked. Clerics can still use staves, but they don’t give MB or MACC. Staves are purely aesthetic for clerics, because they’re mostly physical. 

2. Heal boost doesn’t go away, not sure where you got that info, in fact, it got increased. What’s reduced is mana recovery for clerics, like there’s no more Penance or Life Curtain. Blessed Shield replaces those two and Amplification gives some MP but it’s very little imo.

3. Pretty sure they still can tank.

4. Nope.

2 hours ago, Plezurenpain-DN said:
  4. Are any of the classes changing from a physical damage class to a magic damage class (or vice versa)?

There is only one noteable change of this sort; clerics lose their only physical melee-range skill (Hallowed Strike), both the skill and its chain get integrated into Slashing Wind. The only way a cleric can now deal physical damage is to auto-attack with a mace (or staff, but staves fall out of fashion for clerics extremely fast once 6.0 hits).

A few things that I noticed while playing on the EU servers. @Kubei-DN has probably mentioned all of these in his big 6.x thread, but they are worth mentioning again.

Every class now only has two dp skills.. one 2k and one 4k. For cleric those two are WoD (2k) and Acquittal (4k). Also, the other cleric skill changes make mana management a real issue. Each class has had some tinkering done to it and we will all have to deal with some relearning of our class. I don't think anything is game breaking.

The new power shards actually help magic classes now and the difference is noticeable when you do or don't use them. That's rather exciting for magic classes.

The simplification of stats is interesting. As Kubei pointed out, staffs no longer have -any- magic attack. They are purely physical weapons. Clerics are just going to have to get used to looking like a turtle with their shields on their backs! Stock up on cute shield skins. lol. Also, everyone is going to -need- a PvE and a PvP set because the sets have specific stats for PvE or PvP and enchanting is going to increase the damage for PvE or PvP only and give you more defense for PvE or PvP only. If you try to use your PvP set in PvE, no matter how good it is, you are going to do considerably less dps and take considerably more damage from mobs. Instances like dredg are going to see you switching quickly between the two. Also, running around in open world to do PvE 20 kill quests (which give you the tokens to buy your PvP gear) is going to go much quicker with your PvE gear on, but be prepared to quickly switch to your PvP set when you run across an enemy.

From the reworked Mirash Sanctum, you can get gold level 78 accessories. These seem to have randomish stats though for your class. As a cleric, I always got magic accessories but sometimes they were near useless (as the free level 75 ones were better). But I also got ones with large amounts of crit spell, making them great for dps or large amounts of heal boost, which made them great for healing. Since no other piece of that initial level 75 gear had -any- heal boost, getting these accessories (and having Benevolence) was really important. Also, some of the transforms give heal boost. For a cleric, it is going to be important to get a transform at some point that gives decent heal boost.. as well as cast speed and run speed.

7 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

1. That someone was me and it was my error. I corrected it in the thread but I can see how easy it can be overlooked. Clerics can still use staves, but they don’t give MB or MACC. 

Just a little correction here,  every weapon gives Magical Accuracy as physical classes still have some Magic Skills like  Ranger Sleep Arrow, Dilation Arrow, Gladi Ankle snare etc etc.

made this picture for another post but it will serve as an example here too

QjBhpZN.png&key=fbe0f32eef4e4afacc46ef3e

Archived