Forums

how good is the exchange gear?

Ressentiment-DN

The exchanged gear shares place of the 2nd best gear in game (talking about the PvP set).

For the best gear everybody has to go the same way.

To your question: it depends. You'll get some kind of head-start but nobody can tell you for how long before ppl start getting the top gear to ultimate grade. Also depends on your play style. If you don't want to get nuked with the patch I'd say it's worth it. 

Anyway, if you don't manage to get the whole set exchanged to the Ultimate gear, you should be able to purify Legendary->Ultimate (Only applies for the PvP set!).

The exchanged gear shares place of the 2nd best gear in game (talking about the PvP set).

I don't care about PvP gear at all. I will only do PvE. can you tell me if the same is applied to PvE gear?

Anyway, if you don't manage to get the whole set exchanged to the Ultimate gear, you should be able to purify Legendary->Ultimate (Only applies for the PvP set!).

where/how can I get each tier of PvE gear?

PvE gear you get from instances as drop, the exchanged PvE gear CANNOT be upgraded.

As for exchanged PvE gear, I'm not sure how good it is but I'd guess it could be 2nd or 3rd place. (1st place is obtainable only in-game)

In this case I cannot say if it is worth as I haven't played the patch so don't know the time frame it takes to get ultimate PvE.

@Ressentiment-DN

Exchanged PvE gear is second best PvE gear and as far as PvE tiers in 6.2  goes: Ancient gear will drop in Mirash Sanctuary & Cradle of Eternity, Legendary gear will drop in BoS (weapon, accesories...) and Frozen Monolith (armor, bracelet & plume) and Ultimate gear will drop in the upcoming instances Primeth's Forge (armor, bracelet & plume) and in Infernal Drakenspire Depth (weapon, accesories...).

I hope this is the answer you were looking for, Daeva.

(pretty worth desu, go for it and you'll be able to clear every PvE content available since day 1 of patch)

IDK with certainty which end-game drops the Ultimate grade wings but I'm think it's Infernal DD

For ultimate tier. The basic stats is the exactly same to the best 6.2 PVP gear. The optional stats are 75% of the 6.2 best pvp gear. But the good thing is you don't need reroll stats cause its already the most common needed stats. So in conclusion the exchange ultimate gear is almost the best one but not quiet.

The legenday and acient tier exchanged gears have much more close stats between 6.2 pvp gear. (80%,90% I believe?) 

1 hour ago, Andregark-DN said:

@Ressentiment-DN

Exchanged PvE gear is second best PvE gear and as far as PvE tiers in 6.2  goes: Ancient gear will drop in Mirash Sanctuary & Cradle of Eternity, Legendary gear will drop in BoS (weapon, accesories...) and Frozen Monolith (armor, bracelet & plume) and Ultimate gear will drop in the upcoming instances Primeth's Forge (armor, bracelet & plume) and in Infernal Drakenspire Depth (weapon, accesories...).

I hope this is the answer you were looking for, Daeva.

(pretty worth desu, go for it and you'll be able to clear every PvE content available since day 1 of patch)

IDK with certainty which end-game drops the Ultimate grade wings but I'm think it's Infernal DD

Thank you!

Crafted Vs. Exchange
Stats Crafted Exchange
Attack 12885 12938
Magic Acc/Acc 9965 10351
Magic Defense 9882 9867
Physical Defense 8980 8947
HP 31810 30481
Crit Spell/Strike 2920 1747
Bonus PvP/PvE Attack/Defense 1318 1648

*This comparison was done using cloth gear, magic accessories and a spellbook. Does not take into account class specific passives and weapon combine bonuses. While this focuses on cloth the attack/accuracy/hp/crit/bonus pvp/pve stats are the same across all classes, with the exception on dual wielders.

This is an attempt to help players during this event (is exchange gear worth it?) and to dispel some rumors that keep floating around ( exchange gear is crap and 3rd best/below crafted).

In order to calculate how much attack/defense you have you need to add your base attack/defense + bonus attack/defense, in this case:

Crafted:

• 12885 + 1318 = 14203 Attack
  • 9882 + 1318 =   11200 Magic Defense
  • 8980 + 1318 =   10298 Physical Defense

Exchange

• 12938 + 1648 = 14586 Attack
  • 9867 + 1648 =   11515 Magic Defense
  • 8947 + 1648 =   10595 Physical Defense

Token Gear (perfect rolls)

• 13251 + 1648 = 14899 Attack
  • 10055 + 1648 = 11703 Magic Defense
  • 9135 + 1648 =   10783 Physical Defense

I did some basic calculations (sorc v sorc) using the new damage formula and a player in full exchange set does around 15-16% more damage to a player in full crafted set. Not taking into account manastones and class passives.

Interesting note, with the way the new attack defense stats work it isn't always better to wear pvp gear for pvp or pve gear for pve, for example a full set of +0 ultimate pve gear will be better then a full set of +15 ancient pvp gear.

Sorry for any mistakes, since can't edit :(

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

Good post @Violeta-KT thank you.

But can you explain why you say exchange gear is crap and is worst than crafted  but later you say exchange gear does 15% more damage than crafted?

What Trainer said above.

This is a rumor/misinformation that keeps getting spread around, an example is the OP question.

8 hours ago, Ressentiment-DN said:

Someone on LFG said that the ultimate zenith gear is only the third best gear in game.

if this is correct, is it worth it to +25 my gear right now for the exchange?

The chart I provided above works for both PvP and PvE gear, so no, Ultimate Zenith gear would be around 15% stronger then the crafted gear making it second only to a decently rolled Ultimate set from dungeon drops.

With the way random rolls work it is possible for you to end up with a set that is even worse then crafted gear if you are especially unlucky or poor (most likely both). For example it is possible to roll MP/HP/Heal Boost/12% Casting on a spellbook making it far worse then crafted. This is why the exchanged gear, with balanced set rolls, may be attractive to some.

Archived