All you need to know before 6.2!

Elano-DN

Hi!

I introduce myself, I'm Elano the creator of the website LFStrat.com and the LFDatabase. I play this game since 2009 and I love helping players.   I currently play on Urtem one of the french servers so on this topic i'll try to explain things about the 6.2 and also how to be ready for the 6.2, what Gameforge didn't told us etc...

01. The 6.2 Update

The 6.2 is a big deal and will change everything you know about the game. The leveling is easy and you can be lvl 80 in 6/7 hours (2 days if you're really slow). If it's like Gameforge we didn't got the helper NPC we got on the PTS (it gives you some ancient stuff so you can kill mobs at lvl 50 +), it's going to be hard if you have rerolls lvl 68+ because the new stuff is EVERYTHING! The old stuff like Apollon, the prime commander and the harvester are totally useless! The only things you can keep at first are the boots (for the speed) and the gloves (for the speed) otherwise take the stuff you will have from the quests/missions/compensations.

02. The kinahs gate

Again if it's like EU servers, most of the things you got in cube/warehouses etc. will not provide any compensations you can already sell ALL your crafting materials because on EU everything from craft were automatically sold for 0 kinahs!

If you have kinahs in your warehouse, put everything on your main! It's important because on EU, if you had kinahs in the warehouse everthing got transformed into gold bars but not compensate into kinahs. Because yes kinahs in the cube are transformed into gold bars and some of it is transformed into new kinahs so you can take teleports and buy things. But not the kinahs stored in warehouse!

If you have kinahs in legion warehouse, everything is transformed into gold bars and everything goes to the Legion owner!

Gameforge fixed a bug on EU that nerfed the amount of kinahs we can have buy selling with the cube instead of the merchants from 20% more kinahs to 5%. If NCsoft does that, you will be in trouble. In Korea their premium give them up to 500% more kinahs via cube selling. In EU we don't have any bonuses with our premium so right now we are f*****. In NA I don't know what your going to have in your 6.0 premium or if it's going to be nerfed or not. So just be prepared DON'T waste your kinahs this is one of the most important thing in 6.2!

- Here's the kinahs I got from my crafting materials and all the things I forgot to sell before 6.2:

https://www.casimages.com/a/hESLN

03. The enchant stones and enchant rates

At first, you will have lots of ancient echant stones PvE/PvP don't waste them you can only have them once! After the first round of quests you'll have to farm the enchant stones by doing a lots of dungeons and dredgions. The legendary and Ultimate enchant stones are extremely rare! Don't waste them on the stuff they compensate you with it's better to wait until you have the genesis crystal stuff.

The enchant rates are really bad, if you have the same rates we got on EU/KR it's bad! You need 70 to 150 enchant stones to put 1 piece of ancient stuff +15 even using legendary stones on ancient stuff is bad.

04. The sneaky nerf

In 6.2 they got rid of the wale mounts in Oriel/Pernon so you can't buy basic mounts unless you go in the Cash Shop, same for auto-loot pets.

05. The magical craft (Aetherforging)

Aetherforging is very important in 6.2! You need to be ready if you are not 300 you'll have to master it and if you don't like to farm it's going to cost you a lot of kinahs! Also it depends on your server population/bots? But be prepared!

06. The compensation stuff is not the answer

Yes they give you some stuff and it's great at first BUT it's not everything! The stuff they compensate you with is not the best stuff at all don't waste your manastones/enchant stones on it!  Farm the new genesis crystal stuff (PvP), because at the end Ultimate genesis will always win against ultimate compensation.

07. The dominated faction

If you are on the dominated side of your server be prepared to loose ALL your ranked players, for the moment the GP you got in RvR are not enough to stay in the rank list so you will looe your star off. transformations etc...

Right now we have a lot of problems in EU 6.2 and the main topics are:

- The kinahs problems

- The luna expensive material crafts

- The transformation contracts (very very very expensive and no way to have them unless you cash shop)

- The dominated factions (all deranked not enough GP)

- No more "free" mounts/auto-loot pets for new/returning players

- Bad EU premium (mostly useless features or totally bugged features)

You can ask me any questions you have about the 6.2 and i'll try to answer them.

Best regards, Elano.

13 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

07. The dominated faction

If you are on the dominated side of your server be prepared to loose ALL your ranked players, for the moment the GP you got in RvR are not enough to stay in the rank list so you will looe your star off. transformations etc...

So.... no more Rank 1 and 2 on DN elyos? lol

@DevilNest-KT Yeah the broker bots are a problem because everything is non-tradable now and the only way to trade things with your other characters or friends is by using the Broker so yeah... EU players are furious about it because we got other ways before and NCSoft changed things because of Korean bots problems but in EU we didn't needed that and they didn't care.

EDIT: Oh! For tomorrow's update we are going to have some fixes about the GP part in EU so maybe you'll have the correct version at the NA release!

- The Honour Points will be adjusted so that the minimum required to keep your rank is 900 points within 4 weeks. If other requirements are fulfilled.

- Sieges rewards will be fixed and you will get the correct rewards now.

- The Portal for The Divine Siege opens an hour later than expected and the NPC which should spawn before Lakrum Siege spawn when the siege starts.

- All-Powerful Enchantment Stones from the Veteran rewards that can't be exchanged at the Capital City NPC will be exchanged to a version that you can use there. (Holy Upgrade Serums are already correct)

Hello Elano, welcome to NA forums. I enjoy your database actually, it's bright and easy to navigate, however it has godawful slow loading times and I'm hoping you can fix that one day. I use it when Codex fails me, but wish you could add screenshots to lots of things (not just gears).

I'm not sure whether you're as active as on EU boards, but you cannot compare both of these regions and I'm gonna tell you why.

36 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

01. The 6.2 Update

The 6.2 is a big deal and will change everything you know about the game. The leveling is easy and you can be lvl 80 in 6/7 hours (2 days if you're really slow). If it's like Gameforge we didn't got the helper NPC we got on the PTS (it gives you some ancient stuff so you can kill mobs at lvl 50 +), it's going to be hard if you have rerolls lvl 68+ because the new stuff is EVERYTHING! The old stuff like Apollon, the prime commander and the harvester are totally useless! The only things you can keep at first are the boots (for the speed) and the gloves (for the speed) otherwise take the stuff you will have from the quests/missions/compensations.

I played the PTS and also on retail (Nergal Asmo), however I believe Gameforge took that NPC helper out on purpose (how else are they gonna sell those shop mounts?!). Because NCWest is a direct subsidiary of NCKorea, I personally believe, we will get the NPC regardless, in fact, we should. NA right now cannot afford to nyerk the patch up because its lifespan is at stake. While the community is smaller than on EU, I find it cozier and much more friendlier.

39 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

02. The kinahs gate

Again if it's like EU servers, most of the things you got in cube/warehouses etc. will not provide any compensations you can already sell ALL your crafting materials because on EU everything from craft were automatically sold for 0 kinahs!

If you have kinahs in your warehouse, put everything on your main! It's important because on EU, if you had kinahs in the warehouse everthing got transformed into gold bars but not compensate into kinahs. Because yes kinahs in the cube are transformed into gold bars and some of it is transformed into new kinahs so you can take teleports and buy things. But not the kinahs stored in warehouse!

This is something I addressed in one of my posts when 6.2 launched in EU, and I actively observe the forums and the mess that's going on there. Ultimately, this is something players will ignore or may not be aware of unless @Cyan makes a notice about it in a sticky thread. 

If you have kinahs in legion warehouse, everything is transformed into gold bars and everything goes to the Legion owner!

Gameforge fixed a bug on EU that nerfed the amount of kinahs we can have buy selling with the cube instead of the merchants from 20% more kinahs to 5%. If NCsoft does that, you will be in trouble. In Korea their premium give them up to 500% more kinahs via cube selling. In EU we don't have any bonuses with our premium so right now we are f*****. In NA I don't know what your going to have in your 6.0 premium or if it's going to be nerfed or not. So just be prepared DON'T waste your kinahs this is one of the most important thing in 6.2!

- Here's the kinahs I got from my crafting materials and all the things I forgot to sell before 6.2:

We have to understand how this "nerf" actually works. In Korea the 5% of gain is applied to both own shop and NPC shop, however, that is for free to play players, aka those who are without the Korean Premium Membership. What Gameforge did is apply that "fix" also for Gold Pack users, which is EU's premium, instead of giving that 20% of sales similar to Korea's. See my post here as I demonstrated it.

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/3031-cyan-hime-please-dont-do-these-kinah-changes-in-6x/?tab=comments#comment-31759

Remember, the way NA's premium works is completely different from any region, because it's OPTIONAL, and Korea's premium is also optional. You don't need it to use broker like in EU, or even use LFG. NA's premium is actually sorta similar (and probably will be) to Korea's with some tweaks in it. If we're slapped with a similar thing, they might as well shut the servers down. The Prestige Pass is not tradeable nor can be acquired in game through the broker (like the Gold Pack). I was spat at and laughed at on the PTS when I mentioned I play NA servers, as someone said "I rather pay for the Gold Pack which 5 euros than for a ping reducer." I wonder if this guy has changed his mind now? I pay 15$ for 3 months for a ping reducer and it's fluent, playable and enjoyable. 

03. The enchant stones and enchant rates

At first, you will have lots of ancient echant stones PvE/PvP don't waste them you can only have them once! After the first round of quests you'll have to farm the enchant stones by doing a lots of dungeons and dredgions. The legendary and Ultimate enchant stones are extremely rare! Don't waste them on the stuff they compensate you with it's better to wait until you have the genesis crystal stuff.

The enchant rates are really bad, if you have the same rates we got on EU/KR it's bad! You need 70 to 150 enchant stones to put 1 piece of ancient stuff +15 even using legendary stones on ancient stuff is bad.

Here's a shocker for ya'll, Gameforge lied to you! That's right, their usual, BS and nonsensical statement of "we have the same rates as Korea" is untrue. Players who have played KR or RU are aware that the enchant rates in EU are far worse, in fact, they're nerfed halfway through. I'm not sure why people believe that, the Powerbook clearly shows Korean rates, not the EU ones, so you can't even compare

Remember, EU =/= KR. If we get those rates here, NA won't survive the patch.

04. The sneaky nerf

In 6.2 they got rid of the wale mounts in Oriel/Pernon so you can't buy basic mounts unless you go in the Cash Shop, same for auto-loot pets.

I'm not sure, but I don't recall seeing the Shugo NPC with the whales in Oriel back in January. Most pets are kinda removed because it's all about them Minions bois n gals.

05. The magical craft (Aetherforging)

Aetherforging is very important in 6.2! You need to be ready if you are not 300 you'll have to master it and if you don't like to farm it's going to cost you a lot of kinahs! Also it depends on your server population/bots? But be prepared!

Aetherforging will be a tad easier to level in 6.2 if we don't get that fancy "kinah fix" like Gameforge did to EU.

10 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Are the minion grade changed? like all  grade A is 50k points and B is 10k, or is everything turned to grade A and is it better to upgrade now than save these contract scrolls and wait?

Yeah, they're changed. Minium is divided into A, B and C grades now. Using Minion skill drains its energy completely and the recovery rate is slow. Leveling it up is easier because it gets growth points as you level up by killing mobs or receive exp from quests.

Hello @Kubei-DN!

Thanks for using our DB we are working to make things faster and we are currently reworking all the files in the backend of the site, so yeah, we hope that the database is going to be faster and faster. We have also fixed some major bugs with the menu and mobile menu last week and normally the DB is already faster than before!

- For the first point i added, "If it's like Gameforge" because I know that NCsoft will do things differently so yeah it's just in case of if they don't you'll be prepared for what's coming.

- For the kinahs gate part, you're right NCSoft have to prepare the players! Because Gameforge didn't and the EU community wasn't happy at all. Also yeah, for the korean premium it's a bit different and it's optionnal, for EU there's so many restrictions it's unplayable without the gold pack but it's tradable! That's also why the kinahs nerf is awfull.

- The EU servers are not that bad for the ping, we have good connections in EU. Personally I have 42ms and I don't have fiber...I never used any VPN. Also I live in the south of France and servers are in Germany.

- For the sneaky part I know it's for the cashshop that's why it's sneaky because it's not even in the patchnote or anything so for new players or reroll it's CS only :/

- For the Enchant rates part I don't think they lied to us on that, also Galeas (the FR/EN Community Manager) is also one of the producers of the game in EU so I don't think he would repetedly lie on the forum. Also the rates tables we see on Powerbook and LF Strat are in 6.2 but we also made a 6.5 version that means, Korean version got bad rates at first and a buff of these rates in 6.5 because it was too low :/

- For the craft, yes it's easier but you need the exact same materials over and over again, so if your server is not populated enough, craft materials will be expensive so the craft mastering will be expensive! And yeah, the kinah fix made it all worse.

@Ele-DN Hi! For the minions they changed lot of things.

- Now you can't fused the C and B grades if they are not lvl 4. D grades can't be fused anymore.

- To fuse Minions you need 4 grade C or B lvl 4 (ex: You can't fuse 3 or 2 grade C/B minions and you can't fused them if they are under lvl 4)

- When you summon a minion you gain minion XP when you hunt or quest. when the XP bar of your minion is at max you can level it up.

- Minionite is now categorized by grade (Minionite grade A/B or C) and the minionite grade should be the same as the minion grade (Sita grade A needs minionite grade A)

- Minions are cheaper than before and you can loot a lot of minion contracts in dungeons/farm/quests it's easier to get grade A minions now

- When you use a skill it drains all the energy and you need to do things like XP/farm etc to fill it up again

- More chances to get Grade A minions by fusion of 4 grades B

Great, thank you for the information! I just came back to the game last night, and I have a ton of gathered mats horded (Armor stones, weapon stones, organic materials, aether..etc) 

So it's safe to say, I can clear my warehouse of these mats? 

Does anyone have an informative aetherforging guide? (making pots etc and where to grind those mats)

Thanks!

-Tease

- IF NC doesn't add any more informations about materials exchange for 6.0 it's safe to say that it's going to be exchanged for 0 kinahs like EU so yes you can sell every materials you have for crafting!

- A guide for 6.2 or 5.8?

Just adding the two screens of the day on Urtem this the actual ranking, even the asmodian gov. is gone

ranking_asmo.png

Elyos got a big wipe too, we've lost 181 elyos today

ranking_ely.png

43 minutes ago, Tease-DN said:

Great, thank you for the information! I just came back to the game last night, and I have a ton of gathered mats horded (Armor stones, weapon stones, organic materials, aether..etc) 

So it's safe to say, I can clear my warehouse of these mats? 

Does anyone have an informative aetherforging guide? (making pots etc and where to grind those mats)

Thanks!

-Tease

- Materials from Mobs drops like balaur hearts, horns, scales, Windy Anima, Snowy Anima, armour, weapon fluxes, etc etc, gets automaticaly removed from your inventory and sold for 0 kinah

-Gathering materials like amalil, nanyu, perer, drenite etc etc remain in your account for example a Dazzling Turquoise Ore is worth like 60 kinah at npc or something like that. idk why they left them in game if you can't do anything with them tho.

1 hour ago, Elano-DN said:

- IF NC doesn't add any more informations about materials exchange for 6.0 it's safe to say that it's going to be exchanged for 0 kinahs like EU so yes you can sell every materials you have for crafting!

What do get for Blood marks, coins, medals? Kr got an exchange for these?

- 0 kinahs for craft materials or quest materials

- 21 606 kinahs for 7202 Petra medal

- 101 kinahs for 101 Grey wolf coins

- 327 152 AP for 644 Blood marks

- 35 560 AP for 35 Blood medals

Look at these screens you can recognize some items with the icon it's in french sorry First screen is ALL my aetherforging mats. = 0 kinahs

3 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Here's a shocker for ya'll, Gameforge lied to you! That's right, their usual, BS and nonsensical statement of "we have the same rates as Korea" is untrue. Players who have played KR or RU are aware that the enchant rates in EU are far worse, in fact, they're nerfed halfway through. I'm not sure why people believe that, the Powerbook clearly shows Korean rates, not the EU ones, so you can't even compare. 

Remember, EU =/= KR. If we get those rates here, NA won't survive the patch.

i think this is a very subjective topic, and there is a mix of factors that alter the judgment of the players like:

1- Average Players got used to the 100% enchant omega + supp and they forgot or never knew how bad the enchantment was before.
(for example a month ago i made a Tac officer bow lv 55 eternal grade, compared to a mythic lv 75 items should be easier to enchant right???  well no... took me 20 blue stones to +3, 25 black stones to +7, and 140 shinning to +15) 

2-  6.X at it's core is not the paradise or the resurrection of good old times players believed and on top of that GameForge makes Fails after Fails this creates are very negative atmosphere all around.

3- Enchantment stones availability is scarce, Ultimate stones are Non existant, Legendary are rare and Ancient are the rubbish ones so of course they are going to fail a lot.

4- You have a lot more items to +15 now, this combined with the scarcity causes more stress to the players.

I'm not defending gameforge, I used to play in EU, and I know how bad they can be, but KeleKelio the guy who runs Aion PowerBook, affirms that the enchantment ratios are exactly the same as Korea

87VaNgu.png

6 hours ago, Elano-DN said:

06. The compensation stuff is not the answer

Yes they give you some stuff and it's great at first BUT it's not everything! The stuff they compensate you with is not the best stuff at all don't waste your manastones/enchant stones on it!  Farm the new genesis crystal stuff (PvP), because at the end Ultimate genesis will always win against ultimate compensation.

I don't think this is true and would love to see some evidence to back up your claim.

On paper Token gear could never be more then around 10% stronger then exchange gear, I don't think 10% is an always win situation.

@Violeta-KT You can waste your time, enchant. Stones and manastones on the compensation stuff if you want to, it's just my advice. But, compensation stuff have fixed stats and on the genesis one you can choose what you want! That's why genesis stuff is better! + you'll have more speed so more weaving and more DPS it's just for people who wants to optimize their stats.

This is what you will have if you have a compensation sword:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/100050043

This is what you will have if you upgrade your genesis sword:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/100050034

@OnionKnight-DN Yes it's a tsunami, and even with the new 900 GP goal (Hotfix from GF) you have to do EVERYTHING everyday if you miss just one dredgion or one RvR you are kicked out from the ranking system.

13 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

@Violeta-KT You can waste your time, enchant. Stones and manastones on the compensation stuff if you want to, it's just my advice. But, compensation stuff have fixed stats and on the genesis one you can choose what you want! That's why genesis stuff is better! + you'll have more speed so more weaving and more DPS it's just for people who wants to optimize their stats.

This is what you will have if you have a compensation sword:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/100050043

This is what you will have if you upgrade your genesis sword:

https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Item/100050034

@OnionKnight-DN Yes it's a tsunami, and even with the new 900 GP goal (Hotfix from GF) you have to do EVERYTHING everyday if you miss just one dredgion or one RvR you are kicked out from the ranking system.

You can't choose what you want on Token gear, you can roll randomly and hope you get what you want (almost 600k kinah per try, on all 17 pieces of gear) Using real money you can keep specific lines, but you still need to get the 4 lines you want to keep by rolling randomly. Rolling randomly you can end up with stats you don't want or less stats then exchange gear. So yes token gear is for people who want to optimize their build, that doesn't make exchange gear a waste of time. Aion is a game about having multiple sets anyway, so you should be working on both.

Luna is not really real money in EU they gave more than 1000 in events and like 400 with vet. rewards so yeah you'll see but IMO compensation stuff is a waste of time unless you get directly the Ultimate version or at least legendary +15 but ancient or legendary +10 are definitely not worth it!

9 hours ago, Elano-DN said:

Right now we have a lot of problems in EU 6.2 and the main topics are:

- The kinahs problems

- The luna expensive material crafts

36 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

Luna is not really real money in EU they gave more than 1000 in events and like 400 with vet. rewards so yeah you'll see but IMO compensation stuff is a waste of time unless you get directly the Ultimate version or at least legendary +15 but ancient or legendary +10 are definitely not worth it!

If Luna isn't real money and they are giving it away why did you note this as a problem? Kinah is also a problem and you will need a lot to roll gear.

I agree anything below ancient +10 is probably not worth going out of your way to get, but if you can it won't hurt to have it on hand, after all once the update hits there won't be any way for you to ever get this set again. 

On the other hand ancient +15 or above is a great head start. Looking over all the enchanting complaints it might be a while before players reach that level of gear from scratch. DPS classes can opt to focus on upgrading the exchange set and not be in as bad of a position as you are trying to make it seem. Classes that want to focus on secondary stats like Magic Resist or Block will have to go for the token gear. In the end once you do manage to get a full set of token gear you can always re-purpose the exchange gear to a secondary set.

Since you've been playing on EU how many upgrade materials are you getting on average weekly? 

12 minutes ago, Violeta-KT said:

If Luna isn't real money and they are giving it away why did you note this as a problem?

I believe he meant "expensive" as in too many materials required to craft, not expensive as in cash/money. Those are two different topics.

27 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

I believe he meant "expensive" as in too many materials required to craft, not expensive as in cash/money. Those are two different topics.

Luna craft materials can be purchased with Luna, if Luna isn't real money and being given away why would the mat cost matter. Simply purchase the mats with all this freely available Luna.

26 minutes ago, Stickie-KT said:

With the update are Greater Supps exchanged for Zero kinah also or do they still sell for decent?

From a stream on the  russian server greater supplements were grayed out, player had to manually destroy them. Cyan also said they won't be sellable.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:04 PM, Cyan said:

They won't be sellable to the vendor. Many (if not all) of the unusable items will automatically be removed/sold when you log in for the first time.

@Violeta-KT Yeah I was talking about the mats not the lunas for most of the items in the luna shop you need to spend looooots of luna materials. Like you need to spend 2 weeks of mats for 1 box of 1000 kinahs 50% chance or 1 Month of mats for a bundle of 1 legendary enchant stone 50% chance... sooo... even buying luna mats with free lunas is not worth it :/

For the upgrade materials you need two types of items the Lydiums (Legendary/ultimate) from Dredgions, Neviwind and RvR, are really easy to get for the Fragments of the Fighting Spirit you need to extract PvP stuff that's why you need to master Aetherforging because it's the easiest way to get them by extracting Aerot pieces.

I have updated last week one of my tools it's the Medals and Stuff Calculator, you can see how many mats you need for every PvP stuff.

http://db.lfstrat.com/aion/us/tools/medals-stuff-calculator/

For the AP don't be affraid 1 RvR gives you between 200,000AP and 640,000AP depends on your reward. So 5 000 000 AP for one piece is really easy now. Dredgions can  give you like 300,000AP for a victory. Also item extraction requires AP now.

@Stickie-KT You can sell all your supplements before the 6.0 because supplements are sold for 1 kinah and also in 6.0 they are useless (like all the old stuff, Apollon, Harvester, PvP 75 by the way...)

http://db.lfstrat.com/aion/en/item/?id=166100011

Archived