All you need to know before 6.2!

Elano-DN

Thank you for all the useful info above! I spent my afternoon trying to read as much as I could about the upcoming patch and I still have a few questions.

I didn't want to make a new topic for these, hopefully it helps other people who are as confused I am.

- I haven't been actively playing in the past months.. or even more, (you know, friends quit and I've been just logging on occasionally to do some quests or buy skins hoping to get back to play more actively later when I have more time haha). I read crafting will be removed and we gotta lvl aetherforging now. Well I never did aetherforging and I checked it out now, and I have no idea what the materials even are and how to get them? x_x

- Also I tried to do some crafting this week (furnitures, skins), I didn't touch alchemy/cooking though because I guess all food/potions/scrolls, ALL of them will be removed? Should I just NPC literally all my foods, serums, scrolls, crafting mats (except gatherables) now? How about aether? Oh also what about aether jellies or odella powder? When I read the pre-patch notes saying "will automatically be sold" I thought they meant the pre-patch npc price (like with inert stigmas), but I got a bit scared when I read people saying 0 or 1 kinah for old items x_x

- So... how does transformation even look like? Do you mean like panda candies or something else? Does it even worth making a pretty character if you spend most of your time transformed anyway?

- Should I also just NPC my old manastones? Like the white stones or the low-lvl yellows... or will they be still relevant after the patch?

- And a question about the future, will there still be quests after the patch or just one linear main quest to lvl us asap to max? (I hope not, else they could just spare us this and hand out a max lvl character if quests aren't made fun and they only serve the purpose of fast lvling haha)

- Will they have some kind of jukebox or anything for the removed area music? Aion has one of the best music in games and it would be a shame if they just wipe those with the old areas. (I still cry about Sarpan/Katalam music)

Also my last question... I'm from the group of players who sometimes likes to log into the game to do NOTHING, like, I can just stare at my cute char, do some crafting, exploring or do 3 quests and log off, you know, after a long stressful day, and I don't want more stress by engaging into pvp or sit in front of the comp for an hour trying to get into a group to do the same 3 endgame instances over and over... So... Does the future Aion still have something for me or this type of players? Because I'm trying very very very hard not to be negative about the things that gets removed (literally all the things I loved this game for) and not having an opinion until I actually see the patch for myself, but... the more I read, the more worried I get.

Edit: Oh I almost forgot... I read we get compensation gears, but how about the gears we keep for looks? Like I keep my Katalium, Kunax, Kahrun, Esoterrace etc gears, will they also remain untouched in my warehouse?

4 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

- I haven't been actively playing in the past months.. or even more, (you know, friends quit and I've been just logging on occasionally to do some quests or buy skins hoping to get back to play more actively later when I have more time haha). I read crafting will be removed and we gotta lvl aetherforging now. Well I never did aetherforging and I checked it out now, and I have no idea what the materials even are and how to get them? x_x

You mean materials now or after the patch? As far as I remember, crafting materials for new stuff will be mostly from merchants.

If you mean current materials, they mostly come from open world drops in Norsvold/Iluma, and Ancient Crafting/Chronos Stones from DEing gear. If you have them now, then you should sell them, as they will become utterly useless after the patch.

11 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

- Also I tried to do some crafting this week (furnitures, skins), I didn't touch alchemy/cooking though because I guess all food/potions/scrolls, ALL of them will be removed? Should I just NPC literally all my foods, serums, scrolls, crafting mats (except gatherables) now? How about aether? When I read the pre-patch notes saying "will automatically be sold" I thought they meant the pre-patch npc price (like with inert stigmas), but I got a bit scared when I read people saying 0 or 1 kinah for old items x_x

Dont sell scrolls, keep them. You may be able to exchange them for transformation potions, crucial if you are one of those mad people who are obsessed with having speed and such.

Potions will stay the same. You will even be able to buy them directly with kinah. There will be better potions, but old ones are still around.

Crafting materials will sell for no kinah, including Aether. You can sell those now.

18 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

- So... how does transformation even look like? Do you mean like panda candies or something else? Does it even worth making a pretty character if you spend most of your time transformed anyway?

Low tier transformations are similar to our current candies; sheep, dogs, penguins, etc. The decent and high tier transformations are based on popular mobs. For example, Im personally hyped to get my Tejhi transformation. <3

Even if transformations cover your character, you can purchase Transparency scrolls for kinah, allowing you to disable the appearance change.

22 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

- Should I also just NPC my old manastones? Like the white stones or the low-lvl yellows... or will they be still relevant after the patch?

They will be useless in the next patch, and even now they are nearly worthless. Doesnt matter what you do with them.

23 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

- And a question about the future, will there still be quests after the patch or just one linear main quest to lvl us asap to max? (I hope not, else they could just spare us this and hand out a max lvl character if quests aren't made fun and they only serve the purpose of fast lvling haha)

There is a straight line of quests, but those cover the main story. Its basically a version that covers the problems in storytelling caused by years of additional patches.

26 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

- Will they have some kind of jukebox or anything for the removed area music? Aion has one of the best music in games and it would be a shame if they just wipe those with the old areas. (I still cry about Sarpan/Katalam music)

No jukebox. That said, people have uploaded Aion OST everywhere on the Internet. I have all the tracks I like saved on my library, in my case. Everything from 1.0 to 5.8.

28 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

Also my last question... I'm from the group of players who sometimes likes to log into the game to do NOTHING, like, I can just stare at my cute char, do some crafting, exploring or do 3 quests and log off, you know, after a long stressful day, and I don't want more stress by engaging into pvp or sit in front of the comp for an hour trying to get into a group to do the same 3 endgame instances over and over... So... Does the future Aion still have something for me or this type of players? Because I'm trying very very very hard not to be negative about the things that gets removed (literally all the things I loved this game for) and not having an opinion until I actually see the patch for myself, but... the more I read, the more worried I get.

If you can do that now, you can perfectly do it after the update. I personally like to enable music, sit somewhere and absorb the atmosphere in my favourite place. Or do an old instance for giggles. That wont be gone.

11 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

No jukebox. That said, people have uploaded Aion OST everywhere on the Internet. I have all the tracks I like saved on my library, in my case. Everything from 1.0 to 5.8.

Oh man, please upload all of that somewhere so I can download it too. I know I couldn't find on Youtube all of the songs/music that's available in game.

1 hour ago, Bryos-DN said:

Thank you very much for the detailed reply, I deeply appreciate it! Things are a lot more clear now!~

A random question: upon clearing my warehouse/cabinets, a lot of space freed up with clearing out my crafting mats and random stuffs. Which is nice, because I appreciate a clean warehouse, but now I wonder if these spaces will be still filled up after the patch or basically there won't be much need for cabinets?

10 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

Thank you very much for the detailed reply, I deeply appreciate it! Things are a lot more clear now!~

A random question: upon clearing my warehouse/cabinets, a lot of space freed up with clearing out my crafting mats and random stuffs. Which is nice, because I appreciate a clean warehouse, but now I wonder if these spaces will be still filled up after the patch or basically there won't be much need for cabinets?

If those slots you had were being taken up by crafting materials, then only a quarter of that will fill with the new crafting materials (if not less). Overall, its a lot more simplified. That said, really depends on how much of a hoarder you are.

In my case, the space I freed up is right now being taken up by skins/gear I got in my "this stuff wont be available anymore Q_Q" frenzy. So, I will really need that space.

1 hour ago, Elano-DN said:

@Shinade-DN What @Bryos-DN said is good ^^

@Kubei-DN and @Bryos-DN If you want to, I can make a special jukebox page on LF Strat and add all the musics of the game :)

That would be lovely.

3 minutes ago, Shinade-DN said:

After kinah is gone, can we still trade the future currency between our main/alts? (Like... do we still have Account Warehouse?) This whole "things will be untradeable" thing is pretty much making me worried. I have a thousand alts.

6.x is not alt friendly. Kinah isn't "gone", it's just transformed into Gold Bars once the patch hits and that's used for an additional shop. You can't trade the new currency either. There's little things that will be tradeable, like stigmas and Aetherforging mats. Not even pots are tradeable.

6 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

6.x is not alt friendly. Kinah isn't "gone", it's just transformed into Gold Bars once the patch hits and that's used for an additional shop. You can't trade the new currency either. There's little things that will be tradeable, like stigmas and Aetherforging mats. Not even pots are tradeable.

Awuwu... now I worry a bit. So it's best if I make sure all alts have some money on them if I plan to still play them?

1 minute ago, Shinade-DN said:

Awuwu... now I worry a bit. So it's best if I make sure all alts have some money on them if I plan to still play them?

Well, if you're going to be playing those alts, then you might wanna try to distribute the kinah equally among them somehow. However if you have a main you use all the time, put the majority of kinah on it.

Thanks for all of the info, a lot of this stuff is new to me. I have some questions too.

About MR and CRIT. The notes I could find from the powerbook state that magic resist will be fazed into the magical defense stat. But looking at some of the sets, magic resist is a rollable bonus stat.

1. Are magic resist sets still a thing? If yes, can the comp. gear the used as one?

2. Is The comp gear bad because it has no bonus crit?

3. Finally, I hear healing boost is OP. Is this true? If so why? Because the comp mace has no bonus healing boost.

TLDR So for a none wallet warrior who just came back, should I try to max RNG plus up my current gear, for comp. gear. Or should I make with +15 ancient and save my temps and supps. for real end game gear?

7 hours ago, TehGoat-DN said:

So if all the current gear is useless what gear are you supposed to use to pve when patch drops? A bunch of us haven't played in a couple years and we dont have all the master harvester gear + up for compensation.

No worries about that. Between levels 75 and 80, you will receive your free gear from quests and NPCs in Lakrum, both PvE and PvP. Once 6.0 hits, just spam Mirash and Cradle of Eternity to gear yourself PvE wise a bit, enchant it to +5 at least and then proceed to spam Frozen Monolith and Bastion of Souls. For PvP, just do camps around Lakrum (very easy btw!) and those give you a token for which you exchange to NPCs at the base. There's an NPC near the fort that's also repeatable and gives those tokens. Alternatively, if you wish, just farm Aetherforging materials in the open world to craft your gear.

4 hours ago, TrainerRusty-KT said:

Thanks for all of the info, a lot of this stuff is new to me. I have some questions too.

About MR and CRIT. The notes I could find from the powerbook state that magic resist will be fazed into the magical defense stat. But looking at some of the sets, magic resist is a rollable bonus stat.

1. Are magic resist sets still a thing? If yes, can the comp. gear the used as one?

2. Is The comp gear bad because it has no bonus crit?

3. Finally, I hear healing boost is OP. Is this true? If so why? Because the comp mace has no bonus healing boost.

TLDR So for a none wallet warrior who just came back, should I try to max RNG plus up my current gear, for comp. gear. Or should I make with +15 ancient and save my temps and supps. for real end game gear?

1. Magic resist is still a thing, but I was told it's not as effective in 6.0 patch.

2. If it's a rollable stat, the compensation gear can't get it (because you can't reroll the stats)

3. Yeah, it's op, but most of it doesn't come just from the mace, but the entire gear, like the plume, bracelet, headgear, etc.

Compensation gear is entirely optional, you could save the omegas and temps to exchange them if you wish. The comp. gear is only there to give some players a head start but nothing too dramatic, most people will still switch their gears to the instance ones.

Hello!

@TrainerRusty-KT Follow what Kubei said ;)

Also a thing you need to know too is, gear is now bound by type. If you're a Chanter (like me) you can ONLY use chain stuff, so if you're a cleric with cloth stuff you will not be able to use it after the patch 6.0!

- Gladiator / Templar = Plate only

- Cleric / Chanter / Rider = Chain only

- Assassin / Ranger / Gunslinger = Leather only

- Wizard / Spiritmaster / Bard = Cloth only

Some people in EU were not prepared and were like "OMG I HAVE NO STUFF!" ^^

Archived