Forums

are returning/new players screwed on 6.2?

OnyXm-KT

On 10/19/2018 at 1:45 PM, Aly-DN said:

Getting the gold PvP gear is cake. Enchant. Purify. Enchant again. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's better than the crafted gear.

You really don't -need- to craft right off the bat. It will help, but it isn't mandatory. 

1*ozIXKg02Vo4Quss9Fq2DBw.png

Enchanting is not easy like you imply. You'll need about 100 ancient and 150 legendary stones on average to go from ancient +0 to ultimate +15. I rush dredge and get 13~15 enchant bags per day, win IDL, win EC, top rank siege rewards and only average ~5 legendary stones per day. That means it will take a month to get my first +15 ultimate piece...  there's 17 pieces of armor to enchant in 6.2.

Meanwhile I just dumped all my NA kinah into tempering stones. If I play NA come 6.2 I'll have 600 legendary stones day 1 which would take a new/returning player 4 months to farm if they are winning all their PVP content which is impossible in their gear.

The only viable path is crafted pvp gear to bypass the three +15s you need per piece. It will still take forever though, especially competing for mats with no gear and no kinah (vets get 12mil per gold bar which is insanely high unless our 6.2 economy gives 10x kinah than other regions).

Their only hope is for NA to put legendary stones in the cash shop so they can pay2catchup OR release an NA exclusive event that craps out hundreds of legendary enchants. 

Well someone asked me the other day if Aion has auto quest.

I guess in general the types of players coming to mmos have changed.

Never again do players want to grind for months on end to get gear, they want it within a month.

Ultimately this is a mmo (let me say that its a korean mmo at that), its not a moba or a fps, if you want fairness such that a new/returning player can catch up quickly then its time to switch games no offence.

7 hours ago, Okieant-KT said:

1*ozIXKg02Vo4Quss9Fq2DBw.png

Enchanting is not easy like you imply. You'll need about 100 ancient and 150 legendary stones on average to go from ancient +0 to ultimate +15. I rush dredge and get 13~15 enchant bags per day, win IDL, win EC, top rank siege rewards and only average ~5 legendary stones per day. That means it will take a month to get my first +15 ultimate piece...  there's 17 pieces of armor to enchant in 6.2.

Meanwhile I just dumped all my NA kinah into tempering stones. If I play NA come 6.2 I'll have 600 legendary stones day 1 which would take a new/returning player 4 months to farm if they are winning all their PVP content which is impossible in their gear.

The only viable path is crafted pvp gear to bypass the three +15s you need per piece. It will still take forever though, especially competing for mats with no gear and no kinah (vets get 12mil per gold bar which is insanely high unless our 6.2 economy gives 10x kinah than other regions).

Their only hope is for NA to put legendary stones in the cash shop so they can pay2catchup OR release an NA exclusive event that craps out hundreds of legendary enchants. 

It's already been pointed out that Gameforge did a ninja nerf of the enchanting rate so pretty much everything you said is contingent on NCWest making that same mistake. We shall see.

O my, but on the powerbook which is the korean rates with the 6.2 rates, its 48% chance to pass with a legendary stone from +10 - 15 on ancient gear. Statistically speaking, we have a 2.54% chance to get +15 don't we!? Outrageous! How will new/returning players ever catch up even with the better rates!? O wait, theres no new pvp gear in 6.5 and 6.5 has better enchant rates! Could it be? Could 6.5 be the patch where new/returning players be more concerned for!? Could 6.2 be the kinah farming pve patch!? After all, you don't need no +15 to purify/upgrade pve gear! But omfg i've seen posts about the weekly kinah cap, booo hooo, I can't pve all i want :<

On 19/10/2018 at 6:06 PM, Aly-DN said:

As for crafting, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Crafting is kind of optional. The best gear you earn. The gear you craft was mostly being used to disenchant.. or that's what I was seeing.

I don't agree on that one. Crafting is pretty much mandatory as a newbie/returner who didn't have a lot of money. -> If you got billions just buy gear from people who crafted it, and extract that to upgrade the coin gear, but if you don't have that kind of money, you're pretty much screwed.
You level your crafting from 1-100 by crafting scrolls, which then can be used to craft gear at lv. 100. And as I said, this will be mandatory. For example, the weapon alone needs 100 mats(Fragment of the Fighting Spirit) from extracting, these 100 mats are e.g. x50 shoes (1 shoe = 2 Fragments)
There are three kinds of drops from the open world which you need, ancient, legendary, and ultimate. But in addition to these mats you need scrolls from the NPCs.
Ancient costs 7138 Kinah, Legendary 14277, Ultimate 28554 Kinah, which might sound low, but it adds up. Specially considering how low the income on European Servers is at the moment.
5x NPC scrolls + 5 OW mats = 1 scroll. ( 5x scrolls + 2 Keberium[another OW drop from named elites] = 1 small gear part )
So let's say you want one piece of gear you're already at 35.7k kinah, if you farm the Keberium yourself, now that times 100 and you're at 3.6m Kinah. I know, for some this sounds like nothing lol But trust me, it is a lot. And it doesn't stop here. You also need food+xform scrolls+pots+teleports+stigma change, and so on.
For a new player this is going to take a while, and let's be honest here, most people will quit before they even get to 100 in Aetherforging. Being facerolled because you're locked behind a massive Kinahwall will put most people off.
And this is just the first 100 level of Aetherforging lol, in order to become somewhat relevant, people will probably need to craft legendary gear, untill they get the new coin gear upgraded, and legendary gear starts at 200. It's either a grindfest, which is still locked behind a paywall (NPC scrolls), or you buy it directly from the broker, which then again, just highers the paywall. Of course, you could just p2w stuff, and sell it on the broker. But then it's not "truly free" anymore.
I don't mind spending money on a monthly base on a game which I enjoy, but that's obviously more complicated than just that. From different income levels, or people who wanna test a game before they decide to spend any money, to people who won't even touch a p2w-only game.
We gotta wait, and "trust" NCWest (jk of course, can't trust 'em). So far, they didn't give us any details on how they would wanna change that. And I'm certain they don't even want to do it. I doubt AionNA would attract new players, or people who quit for good, regardless of how they implement 6.2.
From my experience, NA players are a bit different than European players.

6 hours ago, Alphaero-KT said:

I don't agree on that one. Crafting is pretty much mandatory as a newbie/returner who didn't have a lot of money. -> If you got billions just buy gear from people who crafted it, and extract that to upgrade the coin gear, but if you don't have that kind of money, you're pretty much screwed.
You level your crafting from 1-100 by crafting scrolls, which then can be used to craft gear at lv. 100. And as I said, this will be mandatory. For example, the weapon alone needs 100 mats(Fragment of the Fighting Spirit) from extracting, these 100 mats are e.g. x50 shoes (1 shoe = 2 Fragments)
There are three kinds of drops from the open world which you need, ancient, legendary, and ultimate. But in addition to these mats you need scrolls from the NPCs.
Ancient costs 7138 Kinah, Legendary 14277, Ultimate 28554 Kinah, which might sound low, but it adds up. Specially considering how low the income on European Servers is at the moment.
5x NPC scrolls + 5 OW mats = 1 scroll. ( 5x scrolls + 2 Keberium[another OW drop from named elites] = 1 small gear part )
So let's say you want one piece of gear you're already at 35.7k kinah, if you farm the Keberium yourself, now that times 100 and you're at 3.6m Kinah. I know, for some this sounds like nothing lol But trust me, it is a lot. And it doesn't stop here. You also need food+xform scrolls+pots+teleports+stigma change, and so on.
For a new player this is going to take a while, and let's be honest here, most people will quit before they even get to 100 in Aetherforging. Being facerolled because you're locked behind a massive Kinahwall will put most people off.
And this is just the first 100 level of Aetherforging lol, in order to become somewhat relevant, people will probably need to craft legendary gear, untill they get the new coin gear upgraded, and legendary gear starts at 200. It's either a grindfest, which is still locked behind a paywall (NPC scrolls), or you buy it directly from the broker, which then again, just highers the paywall. Of course, you could just p2w stuff, and sell it on the broker. But then it's not "truly free" anymore.
I don't mind spending money on a monthly base on a game which I enjoy, but that's obviously more complicated than just that. From different income levels, or people who wanna test a game before they decide to spend any money, to people who won't even touch a p2w-only game.
We gotta wait, and "trust" NCWest (jk of course, can't trust 'em). So far, they didn't give us any details on how they would wanna change that. And I'm certain they don't even want to do it. I doubt AionNA would attract new players, or people who quit for good, regardless of how they implement 6.2.
From my experience, NA players are a bit different than European players.

Tbh, I think the eu rates on extracting are nerfed too cause the images I've seen on powerbook tell otherwise.

19 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Well someone asked me the other day if Aion has auto quest.

I guess in general the types of players coming to mmos have changed.

Never again do players want to grind for months on end to get gear, they want it within a month.

Ultimately this is a mmo (let me say that its a korean mmo at that), its not a moba or a fps, if you want fairness such that a new/returning player can catch up quickly then its time to switch games no offence.

Aren't you such a diehard badass? It's funny you consider doing 3 pvp instance dailies for an hour a "grind". Time-gating gear that requires you to STOP playing the game because you've exhausted your daily rewards is not a grind. Waiting for months to accumulate enough mats by playing for only 1 hour a day because you literally get 1 shot in PVP is not a grind. It's a mechanic that causes your game to have less than 1k active population during peak hours. 

You know what literally every ageing game in NA has done recently when a huge mechanic changing patch comes? They add fresh start servers and try to LURE in new players because otherwise their games shut down. You know the last two major MMOs in the west to shut down have been NCsoft titles? Guess they want to go for 3 in a row.

19 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

And when people can get things within a month, it becomes o game has no content lets take a break. Its a vicious cycle but o well.

Ironic considering vets are simply given endgame gear next patch. But new/returning players that don't want to grind for a year just to compete shouldn't be entitled... okay :^) 

Lets not mention in the CURRENT state of Aion I can swipe $500 and be endgame geared instantly because everything is on the broker. But sure buddy you're playing such a tough and grindy game that new casuals just can't survive in. 9_9

12 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

It's already been pointed out that Gameforge did a ninja nerf of the enchanting rate so pretty much everything you said is contingent on NCWest making that same mistake. We shall see.

No they didn't GF rates are 6.2 rates.

10 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

O my, but on the powerbook which is the korean rates with the 6.2 rates, its 48% chance to pass with a legendary stone from +10 - 15 on ancient gear. Statistically speaking, we have a 2.54% chance to get +15 don't we!? Outrageous! How will new/returning players ever catch up even with the better rates!? O wait, theres no new pvp gear in 6.5 and 6.5 has better enchant rates! Could it be? Could 6.5 be the patch where new/returning players be more concerned for!? Could 6.2 be the kinah farming pve patch!? After all, you don't need no +15 to purify/upgrade pve gear! But omfg i've seen posts about the weekly kinah cap, booo hooo, I can't pve all i want :<

I mean, if your argument is rubbish it makes sense to simply resort to patronizing. I'm sure new/returning players will wait another 12 months for 6.5 to come to NA so they can finally enchant their gear in a reasonable timeframe. 

The fact you think 6.2 is a "kinah farming" patch leads me to believe you've yet to even play the patch so it makes sense you don't actually present an argument.

On 19/10/2018 at 9:46 PM, Unbeatable-KT said:

In what world do you live in?

No you couldn't benefit from the event if you just came back to the game as much as someone that has been playing this game throughout the 5.x patch. I'm a player that came back and I'll tell you why it doesn't even compare.

I had 10 billion kinah on the account when I came back just 3 weeks ago. I farmed linkgate (daily), DL, TTC, Adma's on multiple characters, and on my main I farmed these solo including OB, DS. Farmed them for 3 weeks, on multiple characters. I on top of that spent 800$, selling instance boosts packs and linkgate scrolls to give me another ~45-50 bil kinah. With all that, just yesterday I finally completed everything that I needed to give me a legendary +15 PvE and PvP set (weapon/armors/accesories).

So if I didn't spend 800$ of my own money, even with doing the instances on a daily basis on multiple characters, I'd be sitting broke, with most likely a +5 ancient set exchange, which is almost not even worth getting as the beginner gear is not far off, or I could have sat with perhaps a 100 or 200 pve/pvp enchantment stones ready if I decided to profit off the event instead of wasting it to work towards exchange gear.

Either way, what you don't realize is the fact that people that have played through 5.x, not only have had the time to upgrade to some of the latest gear and already had it to + 15 and more, making it much easier for them with these exchange rates, but on top of that they had time to gather billions more kinah, many more omega stones, temp solutions... all which come down to benefiting them mainly with this event because that's all they needed to get ahead. I'm not saying they shouldn't get this, as it does make sense to be deserving of something in return for being loyal and sticking around... but don't tell me people that are coming back to the game made use of this event. It helped return users in a minimal way compared to the people that were already here. Unless you dropped a bunch of $ such as myself to make use of the event, the free to play route of the event is only going to further gap the returning/new users from the population that stuck through the whole 5.x expansion.

Thank you for the honest heads up.  I heard Aion was getting a new expansion and thought I might check it out.  Why would there not be a new server?  No way will I come back to deal with this shit again.  If you people think this game is going to ever be great, think again.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:50 PM, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

Most new/returning users are going to be coming back once the patch hits, not 3 weeks in advance. Also, any new players who did decide to start early STILL don't really benefit as most of the instances that are a part of the event are end-game or near end-game instances. The only people this event SERIOUSLY benefits are the people who have been playing (go figure) and use it to max out everything they have, furthering the gap between the new and current players.  It's easy for players on the forums who have been playing the game for a while now to tell new players not to worry about catching up, when they themselves don't have to worry about it all. Will I still give the patch a try even with no new server? Sure, but there is a much bigger chance of me NOT enjoying it and leaving the game once again, which is going to be the case for many returning users that come, if many even do decide to play again with no new server.

Very true, especially the bold! 

I myself am thinking of returning to the game to try 6.2 but after reading more info and seeing no news of a new server I'm not very optimistic about returning. I'll give it a go because there's a group of me and some old aion friends that are planning to try out 6.2 together, but hearing that we have to compete with players who get handouts of new gear from day 1 of a new patch and that we're going to have to play catch up from the start just makes me sad. 

Tbh you gotta take it with a grain of salt when it comes to the opinions of the current aion playerbase.

I remember reading through this thread a while back about GP and the amount of aion grind apologists is eye-opening.  

Same logic applying to the 6.2 situation.

brb "catching up is easy, i got to 5 star in just 14 months!"

brb "i was willing to work very hard and after a long time of constant effort and grind on this online game i made it so you should do the same!"

brb returning to 6.2 to get griefed by noobs with 0 rotation sense due to gear that will take me weeks or months to catch up to

brb why did i even redownload this game

To be fair, it's still a bit early so it might not be so bad. We'll see. 

10 hours ago, Okieant-KT said:

Aren't you such a diehard badass? It's funny you consider doing 3 pvp instance dailies for an hour a "grind". Time-gating gear that requires you to STOP playing the game because you've exhausted your daily rewards is not a grind. Waiting for months to accumulate enough mats by playing for only 1 hour a day because you literally get 1 shot in PVP is not a grind. It's a mechanic that causes your game to have less than 1k active population during peak hours.

Well sorry boi, most people aren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth so they use most of their day, studying for a better future and working to survive. Perhaps you were born with a silver spoon, or perhaps your country has a welfare system where the unemployed are taken care of so that you have time to play the game all day to the extent of complaining about time gating. Its going to be patch 6.2 soon and you are only complaining about time gating now? Of all times? Now? Time gating is the reason new/returning players are going to be facing veterans in legendary (most people will probably have this so lets not talk about the 5% in ultimate) in their ancient gear and eventually ultimate gear vs legendary gear and not ultimate gear vs ancient gear right on the get go. I think the reason what sparked all this debate in the first place is because the bunch of people returning in this thread r less returning and more like migrating from EU servers where they have "tested" it out. They aren't like true new/returning players who haven't been keeping up with info and hence they feel daunted that they have to go through all this shit again. What was once their overgeared toons are now fodder in the face of players who have stayed and continued playing on NA. And, I'm sorry but wtf do u mean by playing only for 1 hour a day cause you get 1 shot? I'm sorry did u accidentally just tell me u usually rage quit? Heck, if i'm a fresh new/returning player and not someone who conveniently came from EU after beta testing it I certainly wouldn't rage quit cause I get 1 shot. This is an mmo, its expected cause ur fresh and undergeared. Don't tell me veterans can't relate, i've been there done that in 4.0. Population huh? Since when on earth have we ever exceeded 1k population? I certainly don't remember see-ing anywhere that number when I started this game in 4.0. Maybe your talking about the combined total on the 4 servers back then? Perhaps if your gonna complain using population numbers then this is truly not your kind of game? You sure also love to talk about pvp considering this post and your previous post, why not try NotAion since you don't wish to be time gated. Let me add that pvp isn't all there is on the official servers so perhaps its truly not for you.

10 hours ago, Okieant-KT said:

You know what literally every ageing game in NA has done recently when a huge mechanic changing patch comes? They add fresh start servers and try to LURE in new players because otherwise their games shut down. You know the last two major MMOs in the west to shut down have been NCsoft titles? Guess they want to go for 3 in a row.

I'm done talking about new servers at this point. Anyway its already set in stone, no new servers are appearing. Your complaining isn't gonna make a new server happen.

11 hours ago, Okieant-KT said:

Ironic considering vets are simply given endgame gear next patch. But new/returning players that don't want to grind for a year just to compete shouldn't be entitled... okay :^) 

Given end game gear? Do u even know what end game gear is? End game gear is when I don't even need to lift a finger on day one of 6.2 to do anything anymore besides getting to 80 and wearing it followed by taking one of your little "breaks" from the game and hopefully don't come back to the game in a couple of months and cry like you are now.

Lets not mention in the CURRENT state of Aion I can swipe $500 and be endgame geared instantly because everything is on the broker. But sure buddy you're playing such a tough and grindy game that new casuals just can't survive in. 9_9

Yea, credit card swipe, pretty sure thats the reason why kr had to go f2p in 6.0, because clearly the credit card swipe went out of hand. And your talking about $500 swipe this patch and be end game? I was just talking to this guy who said he swiped $800 to get full legendary compensation for the next patch and that $800 swipe to get the gear in this patch to be compensated probably won't be enough to even qualify as end game (since true end game this patch will most likely get u ultimate compensation) for the current patch so wtf r u talking about?

No they didn't GF rates are 6.2 rates.

If you want to convince yourself that it is, no one is stopping you.

I mean, if your argument is rubbish it makes sense to simply resort to patronizing. I'm sure new/returning players will wait another 12 months for 6.5 to come to NA so they can finally enchant their gear in a reasonable timeframe. 

The fact you think 6.2 is a "kinah farming" patch leads me to believe you've yet to even play the patch so it makes sense you don't actually present an argument.

Like I mentioned above, pvp isn't all there is on the official servers. If enchantment stones are scarce, a smart individual could just work on an important piece of the pvp gear first like the weapon. Get that to ultimate +15 and meanwhile just use crafted pvp gear for the rest. (Like at least legendary) After all the only thing you nid to keep enchanting and purifying is the pvp gear you get from de new marks, guess u EU folks call it genesis crystals? The 6.5 enchant rates only buffed the rates on ancient gear and legendary gear so there isn't much difference to enchanting pve gear since pve gear isn't acquired through purification/upgrading. And hey, if waiting for 6.5 is so bad how come the servers haven't closed in korea?

To your last paragraph, similarly again if you want to convince yourself that EU "fixed" the rates for kinah instead of nerf it then no one is stopping you.

9 hours ago, 2s16AB0F-DN said:

Thank you for the honest heads up.  I heard Aion was getting a new expansion and thought I might check it out.  Why would there not be a new server?  No way will I come back to deal with this shit again.  If you people think this game is going to ever be great, think again.

This game never was great imo, just slightly better than others in the sense that I didn't have to swipe a card.

5 hours ago, Scap-KT said:

Very true, especially the bold! 

I myself am thinking of returning to the game to try 6.2 but after reading more info and seeing no news of a new server I'm not very optimistic about returning. I'll give it a go because there's a group of me and some old aion friends that are planning to try out 6.2 together, but hearing that we have to compete with players who get handouts of new gear from day 1 of a new patch and that we're going to have to play catch up from the start just makes me sad.

Well, i'm not telling you not to worry, i'm just telling you that you have to be ready for what to expect. I agree that it sucks that veterans/last minute wallet warriors (due to current event) have compensation and it would have been better if we even stuck to the original kr compensation table if we can't remove compensation altogether. Heck even the recent event sort of invalidated what I've prepared for for months pvp wise cause why on earth did the staff at ncsoft decide it was a good idea to put master harvester accessories and hats on the list of event loot and couple that with power up event when this would allow people to get legendary gear compensation easily for the next patch, mainly pvp since thats what everyone is complaining about. But what to do? If ncsoft literally just gave the veterans and wallet warriors the middle finger, their game would just die right now, we don't even have to talk about 6.2. Because most would just outright quit, sure maybe more people will come back, but can it be guaranteed that these players will pay like the current ones? Therefore compensation even if we don't like it, even if it cucks new/returning players.

5 hours ago, Scap-KT said:

brb "catching up is easy, i got to 5 star in just 14 months!"

brb "i was willing to work very hard and after a long time of constant effort and grind on this online game i made it so you should do the same!"

brb returning to 6.2 to get griefed by noobs with 0 rotation sense due to gear that will take me weeks or months to catch up to

Well, again let me reiterate.

1) korean

2) mmo

Patches are spaced so far apart for a reason. And well, I won't say you have to do the same. After all the only thing that matters is that you have fun. How so if your getting "griefed" you ask? Well that I really do not know, seems like the majority of you coming back are only in for the pvp, the pve aspect has totally been thrown out the window, yes u have to walk through pvp zones to get to instances, but ultimately you will eventually get in. If your back in a mmo for some "fair" pvp then really, I recommend that you just go play a fps or moba.

P.s. I really didn't get the gp part, yea gear did have rank requirement back then but you didn't need 5 star for any gear because it was either rank 1, 2 star or general and above. Unless for xform griefing then yea sure 5 star is important.

@Aly-DN @Shirayuki-DN guys you seem to be really sure about GF nerfing enchant rates,  but do you have any reliable source to back up that ?

because KeleKelio who runs AionPowerbook Affirms the rates are exact the same as Korea. 

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/4099-The-vendor-prices-we-ve-always-wanted/?postID=75008#post75008

@Elano-DN  who also runs an Aion database http://www.lfstrat.com/aion/en/  says the rates are the same too.

1 hour ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

I think the reason what sparked all this debate in the first place is because the bunch of people returning in this thread r less returning and more like migrating from EU servers where they have "tested" it out. They aren't like true new/returning players who haven't been keeping up with info and hence they feel daunted that they have to go through all this shit again. What was once their overgeared toons are now fodder in the face of players who have stayed and continued playing on NA.

What? Just because a couple of people who have been posting here have tried EU first does NOT make this true. There have been people who planned on returning to the game in general posting concerns, I personally have had quite a bit of friends who were interested in coming back to the game, and myself, none of whom have played the the EU servers. Even if someone did play on an EU server, why would that make them not a "true" returning player? You're grasping at straws trying to validate a point.

56 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

@Aly-DN @Shirayuki-DN guys you seem to be really sure about GF nerfing enchant rates,  but do you have any reliable source to back up that ?

because KeleKelio who runs AionPowerbook Affirms the rates are exact the same as Korea. 

https://board.en.aion.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/4099-The-vendor-prices-we-ve-always-wanted/?postID=75008#post75008

@Elano-DN  who also runs an Aion database http://www.lfstrat.com/aion/en/  says the rates are the same too.

I believe I have always prefaced my words with that there are "rumors" that there was a nerf. I played until right before Gameforge nerfed the kinah rates and had little trouble getting to +10 on my gold gear. When I posted that here I was told that there had been an enchanting nerf that came with the kinah nerf. That's why I call it rumors since I hadn't tested it myself.

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

On the same post that you linked for kelekelio on the earlier pages (I would just use page 7 tbh) and in fact after kelekelio's post, you have people saying they failed on 100% enchantment. Now, if you go to powerbook, in 6.2, on a +0 - +3 not inclusive of +3 -> 4, legendary stones are indeed a 100% enchantment for all grades of gear within those enchantment levels. The very fact that the guy says that he failed a +0 -> 1 on ancient with a legendary stone disproves the 100% rate. Could he be trolling? He may be. Does he have something to gain? Maybe. Now kelekelio said he tested the rates. Where exactly did he test the rates? On the live servers? On his own private test server? We may never know. Do both sides have pictures? Videos? For us to confirm the rates? Not one that I know of. One thing I know for sure though is that there sure is a long arse post about enchant fails on their forums. Maybe we are all just being silly here on NA believing that we are on the greener side of the grass patch, who knows? Only time will tell and maybe by then we will have a 40 page long thread about enchant fails on this very forum. O n sorry i've literally just heard about this elano guy and their database like a week ago so I have no opinion on the matter considering you only linked their database?

1 hour ago, AlisonWonderland-DN said:

What? Just because a couple of people who have been posting here have tried EU first does NOT make this true. There have been people who planned on returning to the game in general posting concerns, I personally have had quite a bit of friends who were interested in coming back to the game, and myself, none of whom have played the the EU servers. Even if someone did play on an EU server, why would that make them not a "true" returning player? You're grasping at straws trying to validate a point.

O, I'm so very sorry for overgeneralizing that it got on your nerves a little. If you and your friends are coming back after however long you have left the game for whatever reason, welcome back. I'm sorry but we derailed a bit. Maybe there are indeed players who have left the game for who knows how long and are keeping up to date with the info to know what to do to get back into the game for whatever reason. And, I saw that u even knew we had an event going on and people r generally just racing for compensation? Very well informed. Again sorry for trying to "grasp at straws" but back to the main topic, since your so well informed and concerned, why not just start the moment you knew there was this event? (If you haven't started) Why not salvage the situation while you still can while you still have an interest to play this game? Or is it for nostalgia's sake? If you've already started, why are u being a tad negative? I hate to break it to u, but if ur coming back only after patch, yea I would agree, according to the thread topic. Yes, u r somewhat screwed for a good couple weeks or months on the pvp side depending on our enchant rates which we have been so ready to say are the true kr rates but who knows.

I don't really think so.  If anything I think overall they have it pretty easy being able to level up to 80 in a few hours and get on the gear treadmill right away.

I spent tons of money resetting instances for XP in 5.0+ - a shameful amount for something that is now pretty useless given how easy it will be to level.  I feel worse for older players who spent tons of time and money on things that are now useless.

Archived