What Happened to My Characters Since the Update?

Imoutoko-KT

I was just starting to play AION 5.8 on the server Katalam a few weeks ago. This is the first time I have logged on since the update to 6.0 because I upgraded my computer and reinstalled AION. I cannot find my old characters and the server Katalam is not available on the new server list now (last server list I had access to only had 2 servers -- this one has many more). What happened to my characters? And what do the abbreviations in parentheses mean (language? which one is for the US and English?). Is there still a safe server for me where I will not be attacked by another player like in 5.8?

How could I "have been downloading the wrong client all along"? I logged into this forum with the same info I have logged into since I first created an account. I have logged onto this forum many times with the same info. I downloaded AION from the AION website and installed it just like I did the first time, and nowhere did it say what client it was or give me the option of selecting NA or EU client. And, which one is the wrong client, huh? I was on Katalam in 5.8, but the 6.0 download does not give the client info or a choice of selecting it, and it is from the AION website itself. So, is Katalam the wrong client server or is the new one they recommend, Hellion, the wrong one? I could not "have been downloading the wrong client all along" if one is right and the other is wrong, could I? And, if it is the EU client for 6.0, why doesn't the AION download page say something about the different clients?

3 minutes ago, Imoutoko-KT said:

How could I "have been downloading the wrong client all along"? I logged into this forum with the same info I have logged into since I first created an account. I have logged onto this forum many times with the same info. I downloaded AION from the AION website and installed it just like I did the first time, and nowhere did it say what client it was or give me the option of selecting NA or EU client. And, which one is the wrong client, huh? I was on Katalam in 5.8, but the 6.0 download does not give the client info or a choice of selecting it, and it is from the AION website itself. So, is Katalam the wrong client server or is the new one they recommend, Hellion, the wrong one? I could not "have been downloading the wrong client all along" if one is right and the other is wrong, could I? And, if it is the EU client for 6.0, why doesn't the AION download page say something about the different clients?

Because NCSOFT sold the EU rights to GameForge. You've managed to download the client from the EU website and login to the NA website. NA doesn't even have 6.0 yet, we get it on the 24th.

NA http://na.aiononline.com/en/

EU https://en.aion.gameforge.com/website/

Archived