ITS NOW OR NEVER! MAKE NA GREAT AGAIN!

Chibiusa-DN

Hi, i came from the Aion EU Forums, youtube and twitch comments and social networks, people in EU is really really pissed off with Gameforge about 6.2, now they have read how NA will recieve 6.2, and they realize Gameforge really screw the update.They are forming groups to migrate to NA servers and i would take advantage from that. I highly recommend to set a free starter pack with some helpful items for new players so they will see how better is NA server :P .

What do you mean? Clearly NA is most unfriendly to new/returning players because we aren't getting a new server (yet?). And our Gold Ingot exchange I guess is silly. Apparently getting 12m kinah for each ingot doesn't make any sense, because they had 1.3m instead (like KR). I mean, maybe it's bad comparison after all, we perceive EU to be far more p2w due to what Gameforge is doing to them, some even complained our current event is bad since everyone will run in exchanged gear.

Sometimes I wonder how Aion would like if it were still subscription based? Regardless, all EU players are welcome here even if there's strong disagreements between all of us, we should just enjoy Aion for what it is despite its flaws.

I started in EU since I am European, but I had to leave it in late 2012 after almost 1 year of GameForge own-age. I left it and came to NA and I never had a single second thought of returning back to Aion EU, since there is no longer Aion EU.

As a matter of fact, comparing NA Aion to EU Aion is like comparing NA Aion with a private server that happens to be in EU zone (thus low ping for us).

Europe is the only continent in the world that had Aion but no longer has it, only a custom version of it, in the hands of a greedy 3rd pary company that has nothing to do with the development of this game and obviously absolutely no love for it.

--------
I kinda laughed on my friends who left NA to go to EU just because they got 6.2 earlier! I just wish NCWest would make another server in a place near Europe so we (the European players) could immigrate there to have low ping and be able to get normal times for sieges and EC. I know making a server in Europe is not possible since they sold the rights, but hey make it in north Africa, it will be much closer to us.

14 minutes ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I kinda laughed on my friends who left NA to go to EU just because they got 6.2 earlier! I just wish NCWest would make another server in a place near Europe so we (the European players) could immigrate there to have low ping and be able to get normal times for sieges and EC. I know making a server in Europe is not possible since they sold the rights, but hey make it in north Africa, it will be much closer to us.

Why not buy Europe back from GF? Sounds much easier tbh.

Selling the rights to Gameforge wasn't just about not wanting to maintain EU servers. I think it was also about not wanting to spend the time and the money on all the translations. 

With the small amount of effort and money NC spends on Aion NA (i.e. Aion is the only NCWest game that doesn't have at least one dedicated staff member), can you imagine how long it would take for us to get updates if we had to wait for them to do a German and French translation as well as the English one?

Anyway.. welcome back, EU Daevas.

9 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

What do you mean? Clearly NA is most unfriendly to new/returning players because we aren't getting a new server (yet?). And our Gold Ingot exchange I guess is silly. Apparently getting 12m kinah for each ingot doesn't make any sense, because they had 1.3m instead (like KR). I mean, maybe it's bad comparison after all, we perceive EU to be far more p2w due to what Gameforge is doing to them, some even complained our current event is bad since everyone will run in exchanged gear.

Sometimes I wonder how Aion would like if it were still subscription based? Regardless, all EU players are welcome here even if there's strong disagreements between all of us, we should just enjoy Aion for what it is despite its flaws.

Not sure if your post is ironic or what cuz everything that comes out of Vashiro's mouth, particularly when he's all worked up like he was after seeing our rates weren't as garbage as EU, is to be taken with a grain of salt. He made a plus and minus table for both servers right off the bat, trying to keep/salvage the EU players that saw hope in NA servers, mentionning dumbass negatives for NA like "shitty ass 1.x and 2.x skins on gold sand shop" (feels like 99% of ppl missed that we will be getting more skins in that shop) and starting a pointage table even, as if the advantages he mentionned are quantifiable, and not up to personal taste. lol.

Then, going off on how NA is more p2w than EU, this guy is smoking the good shit. In NA, you drop the exact same amount as in EU and you get concrete items, in EU you can get garbage as you can get what you actually want. Statistically speaking, you will spend more in EU to get less (also NA events are generally much more generous than EU). Then he rambled off about how "if you get legendary or ultimate transformation, you get to keep it 2-3 min = not rewarded". Let's be real 2 seconds, if you have legendary transform, the least of your worries is going to be your transformation scrolls.

And on top of that, how new servers are so much better for new players. First off, new EU servers, with their kinah nerf and unfixed gold pack rates, are going to be the ones dying off first (ppl who farm crafting mats have no veterans to sell items to at a higher price). As much as I would've liked a new NA server to go gear up an alt there or something, specifically because I already know 6.0 and its mechanics, new players can actually benefit from the massive amount of kinah that veterans are entering 6.0 with. If you're starting with 5-10B as a veteran, you're going to be more willing to spend it on stuff you could've farmed yourself, like expensive crafting mats- expensive only because the veterans can afford it to be as expensive. Back when I started NA with nothing in 4.0, I didn't go around blowing the small amount of kinah I farmed for a whole day on dumb stuff I could've gathered or crafted myself, gotta plan ahead for a whole 2 minutes, and farm expensive things (crafting mats) that sell for a good price (crafting mats) because everyone needs them at the end of the day (did I mention crafting mats ?) at all stages of gear purification.

11 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

did u start to play on Aion 5.0? cuz seems u dont know anything about NA.

11 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Ok now give us YOUR opinion, and no Vashiro's one xD 

Have couple friends who used to play in EU, i bring them here, they thanks me everyday for take me out of that hell.. they would never go back there... and i dont know a single person who played in Eu and then in NA who rather to go back to there.

2 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

Not sure if your post is ironic or what cuz everything that comes out of Vashiro's mouth, particularly when he's all worked up like he was after seeing our rates weren't as garbage as EU, is to be taken with a grain of salt. He made a plus and minus table for both servers right off the bat, trying to keep/salvage the EU players that saw hope in NA servers, mentionning dumbass negatives for NA like "shitty ass 1.x and 2.x skins on gold sand shop" (feels like 99% of ppl missed that we will be getting more skins in that shop) and starting a pointage table even, as if the advantages he mentionned are quantifiable, and not up to personal taste. lol.

Then, going off on how NA is more p2w than EU, this guy is smoking the good shit. In NA, you drop the exact same amount as in EU and you get concrete items, in EU you can get garbage as you can get what you actually want. Statistically speaking, you will spend more in EU to get less (also NA events are generally much more generous than EU). Then he rambled off about how "if you get legendary or ultimate transformation, you get to keep it 2-3 min = not rewarded". Let's be real 2 seconds, if you have legendary transform, the least of your worries is going to be your transformation scrolls.

And on top of that, how new servers are so much better for new players. First off, new EU servers, with their kinah nerf and unfixed gold pack rates, are going to be the ones dying off first (ppl who farm crafting mats have no veterans to sell items to at a higher price). As much as I would've liked a new NA server to go gear up an alt there or something, specifically because I already know 6.0 and its mechanics, new players can actually benefit from the massive amount of kinah that veterans are entering 6.0 with. If you're starting with 5-10B as a veteran, you're going to be more willing to spend it on stuff you could've farmed yourself, like expensive crafting mats- expensive only because the veterans can afford it to be as expensive. Back when I started NA with nothing in 4.0, I didn't go around blowing the small amount of kinah I farmed for a whole day on dumb stuff I could've gathered or crafted myself, gotta plan ahead for a whole 2 minutes, and farm expensive things (crafting mats) that sell for a good price (crafting mats) because everyone needs them at the end of the day (did I mention crafting mats ?) at all stages of gear purification.

My post is clearly ironic, but it can give one a certain perspective of what an EU players may or may not think if said person hasn't played in a different region. I can perfectly understand well why he was so worked up, so strangely hostile because I've played 3 different regions, EU included. 

To give you an even better understanding, I made a small test last year in summer, where I decided to spend exactly 50€ on EU's cash shop to really see how good or bad it is. They had this "new player" pack with a bunch of goodies, until you realize, they're not that good at all. The pack gave you a 30 day mount, a loot pet, some 65 gear (Modor set) and exp jugs. That's it, I felt rather appalled it was so unrewarding, but I kept on playing. Their community is not friendly at all, while it's a nice idea to have this server-wide recruitment, people are even more skeptical and paranoid, continuously asking for gear check for things like Adma and Theo. Why? Those are easy instances. Gearing up was difficult, grouping was difficult, finding a legion was the toughest part, no one wants you; you're the black sheep. I experienced this on both Deyla Elyos and Atrishka Asmodian side. 

After that, I decided to retreat back to NA again after playing for a few weeks or months on EU, I never gained enough kinah to buy myself a gold pack off broker to continue my journey, and I think the broker restriction do play a big part here. Later we got SFT event here on NA, and again, after running it, I decided to spend 50$ on NA's BCM for the box keys. Out of around 50 or so keys, I got a couple of Cute Minion contracts, lots of omegas and temps, so many goodies, in total that made me around 2-3b kinah. So, did I win? Yes, but I didn't have to spend money on the keys, others bought it, I could have just bought it off broker too, but I only did that for the sole purpose of experiencing 2 versions of each shop.

When they launched the new servers, yes, it was more or less different in the atmosphere, I got a legion but only because someone invited me, someone I know from a different server. This was all before this enchantment nerf and kinah fix, people were surprisingly happy, very active, even as beginner, you could easily work your way up. The old atmosphere quickly began to fall upon these servers. The veterans still have an advantage because of the Gold Pack in a certain way, their rewards from 5.8 that weren't allocated were changed to 6.2 rewards. The fact that people still defend "EU has KR rates" is nonsensical, I played KR and I know it's very different from EU. In fact, their PTS was the closest you could get to KR version. 

Vashiro commented we have again this PowerUp week, but he forgot that at the same time, the End of the World event is running for the sole purpose of helping new and returning players get a chance at gear exchange, it's basically raining omegas and temps right now, their prices have dropped, everyone can afford everything. This one guy returned to game after like 2-3 years, he made a new character, leveled from 66 to 72 in like 2 days, and guess what? He has full Master Harvester set +15, ready to be exchanged, and it took him only like 1 week. It's not about spending money, it's about how you spend your time and resources to get the best out of it. 

I have no ill feelings to Vashiro, he's really a cool guy, we actually talked today a bit to clear the misunderstanding, but I know he feels extremely frustrated. He told me, he's giving GF 2-3 weeks to fix things or he's quitting Aion. Maybe EU people hate NA because we pity them? We know here you can at least try and get something good, you know, and have fun. In my opinion, what good is low ping when you're locked out from enjoying the game and its potential? 

Maybe we are delusional and we'll be slapped in the face with exactly the same thing as EU, but in a sense we are prepared mentally for it. Nonetheless, I don't recommend NA screw this up too much, it takes only 1 day of F up and you'll be losing people. Remember Tiamaranta's Eye event and the nerfed prices of that NPC? It'll be the same story we don't want to see repeat itself. That event was so disastrous, half of my legion stopped logging, and less logged in, and less, and less... Never seen something so horrendous happen in my 15 years of MMO and online gaming experience.

1 hour ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

Ok now give us YOUR opinion, and no Vashiro's one xD 

Have couple friends who used to play in EU, i bring them here, they thanks me everyday for take me out of that hell.. they would never go back there... and i dont know a single person who played in Eu and then in NA who rather to go back to there.

Well, you're not wrong. I know a lot of people who left EU years or months ago for the same reasons. I know ping is tough, but there's solutions for that. I pay 15$ for 6 months of ReduceTheLag with 150ms and it's perfectly playable and fluent, even as melee. Of course this doesn't work for everyone, so people should try exploring different types of ping reducers like WTFast or Pingzapper. 

Lol this post is going to age horribly. Premature celebration at its finest. NA can't even do a simple Tia eye event without alienating half the population how are they going to successfully implement the most divisive patch in Aion history? Mind you, they are the only region that couldn't even justify a new server for the patch when it was designed to be a fresh start for new players. They've literally already failed at the patch's intended goal and it hasn't even released yet. 

I give it 3 months before it sinks in for the fan boys that this game is toast and they blew their last chance. 

1 hour ago, Okieant-KT said:

Lol this post is going to age horribly. Premature celebration at its finest. NA can't even do a simple Tia eye event without alienating half the population how are they going to successfully implement the most divisive patch in Aion history? Mind you, they are the only region that couldn't even justify a new server for the patch when it was designed to be a fresh start for new players. They've literally already failed at the patch's intended goal and it hasn't even released yet. 

I give it 3 months before it sinks in for the fan boys that this game is toast and they blew their last chance. 

And EU cant even do a simple "Tower of Challenge" instance or decent event, or anything. And yet they did implement that very divisive patch. they did fail as well, but it is what t is.

9 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

My post is clearly ironic, but it can give one a certain perspective of what an EU players may or may not think if said person hasn't played in a different region. I can perfectly understand well why he was so worked up, so strangely hostile because I've played 3 different regions, EU included. 

To give you an even better understanding, I made a small test last year in summer, where I decided to spend exactly 50€ on EU's cash shop to really see how good or bad it is. They had this "new player" pack with a bunch of goodies, until you realize, they're not that good at all. The pack gave you a 30 day mount, a loot pet, some 65 gear (Modor set) and exp jugs. That's it, I felt rather appalled it was so unrewarding, but I kept on playing. Their community is not friendly at all, while it's a nice idea to have this server-wide recruitment, people are even more skeptical and paranoid, continuously asking for gear check for things like Adma and Theo. Why? Those are easy instances. Gearing up was difficult, grouping was difficult, finding a legion was the toughest part, no one wants you; you're the black sheep. I experienced this on both Deyla Elyos and Atrishka Asmodian side. 

After that, I decided to retreat back to NA again after playing for a few weeks or months on EU, I never gained enough kinah to buy myself a gold pack off broker to continue my journey, and I think the broker restriction do play a big part here. Later we got SFT event here on NA, and again, after running it, I decided to spend 50$ on NA's BCM for the box keys. Out of around 50 or so keys, I got a couple of Cute Minion contracts, lots of omegas and temps, so many goodies, in total that made me around 2-3b kinah. So, did I win? Yes, but I didn't have to spend money on the keys, others bought it, I could have just bought it off broker too, but I only did that for the sole purpose of experiencing 2 versions of each shop.

When they launched the new servers, yes, it was more or less different in the atmosphere, I got a legion but only because someone invited me, someone I know from a different server. This was all before this enchantment nerf and kinah fix, people were surprisingly happy, very active, even as beginner, you could easily work your way up. The old atmosphere quickly began to fall upon these servers. The veterans still have an advantage because of the Gold Pack in a certain way, their rewards from 5.8 that weren't allocated were changed to 6.2 rewards. The fact that people still defend "EU has KR rates" is nonsensical, I played KR and I know it's very different from EU. In fact, their PTS was the closest you could get to KR version. 

Vashiro commented we have again this PowerUp week, but he forgot that at the same time, the End of the World event is running for the sole purpose of helping new and returning players get a chance at gear exchange, it's basically raining omegas and temps right now, their prices have dropped, everyone can afford everything. This one guy returned to game after like 2-3 years, he made a new character, leveled from 66 to 72 in like 2 days, and guess what? He has full Master Harvester set +15, ready to be exchanged, and it took him only like 1 week. It's not about spending money, it's about how you spend your time and resources to get the best out of it. 

I have no ill feelings to Vashiro, he's really a cool guy, we actually talked today a bit to clear the misunderstanding, but I know he feels extremely frustrated. He told me, he's giving GF 2-3 weeks to fix things or he's quitting Aion. Maybe EU people hate NA because we pity them? We know here you can at least try and get something good, you know, and have fun. In my opinion, what good is low ping when you're locked out from enjoying the game and its potential? 

Maybe we are delusional and we'll be slapped in the face with exactly the same thing as EU, but in a sense we are prepared mentally for it. Nonetheless, I don't recommend NA screw this up too much, it takes only 1 day of F up and you'll be losing people. Remember Tiamaranta's Eye event and the nerfed prices of that NPC? It'll be the same story we don't want to see repeat itself. That event was so disastrous, half of my legion stopped logging, and less logged in, and less, and less... Never seen something so horrendous happen in my 15 years of MMO and online gaming experience.

Well, you're not wrong. I know a lot of people who left EU years or months ago for the same reasons. I know ping is tough, but there's solutions for that. I pay 15$ for 6 months of ReduceTheLag with 150ms and it's perfectly playable and fluent, even as melee. Of course this doesn't work for everyone, so people should try exploring different types of ping reducers like WTFast or Pingzapper. 

I play from Chile with RTL and have no problem with any class. around 150ms too.

21 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Why not buy Europe back from GF? Sounds much easier tbh.

Because GF will have to be willing to sell it back and I am sure they are determined to ruin it totally before they are willing to give it. They hold hostages most of the European players, cause most of us aren't willing to go to Na with high ping, not everyone is like me.

If NCWest buys back European server this will be the biggest gift ever to the people of Europe.

21 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Selling the rights to Gameforge wasn't just about not wanting to maintain EU servers. I think it was also about not wanting to spend the time and the money on all the translations.

Anyway.. welcome back, EU Daevas.

And this is the biggest and fattest mistake, that Aion should come in all languages. Why is there a need to have German, French and other language servers at all? Russians are doing this because they make their own translations and have their own servers in Russian soil.

There is a big load of Polish players and Hellene (Greek) players, I do not see any pressure to have it in Polish or Greek languages at all.

Half (or even more) players in NA are from Latin America and I do not see a server dedicated to them with translations in Spanish language in NCWest at all, everyone is playing along and it is better this way.

Hello!

What people need to understand with the languages is that in 2009 we had the game in EN/DE/FR

NCSoft sold Aion EU to GF and after more than a year Gameforge decided to add more languages (ES/IT/PL/TR) sadly it failed and Turkish is no longer part of this adventure. Polish players have a strong community and they are the only one with a server dedicated to their language. Spanish and Italian players are now on english servers but GF continue to translate the game and we still have FR/EN/DE/ES/IT/PL we also have a small Russian community on EU servers.

If we have so many languages it's because first we had the game with 3 languages and now we have 3 more, English is not the ONLY language in EU and I know that it's better to play a game in your own language..! Imagine if you had to play only in french because Aion NA had more French Canadian players? I'm sure you wouldn't be happy.

------------------------------

For the EU vs NA battle it's a waste of time... EU have qualities and NA has some qualities too! I play mostly on EU because well, I'm French soooo better ping. And even if I could, I wouldn't go on NA servers, because first I don't like the premium system in NA and two I deeply think that NCSoft doesn't care about Aion anymore. Yes GF shop is bad but the events are sometimes cool also when we talk with the Community Managers they do things to improve the game.

For example, the Kinah gate, we QQ about the kinahs since the last nerf and they tried to fix it really fast and now they are working on a real fix for the long run.

On NA it's like the Community Managers are not even on this forum, it feels empty, it feels like NCsoft is putting the KR events without anything more no nerf no improv... GF made a lot of events and created new events that KR didn't got, also they are really trying sometimes to do things right by adding new contents like a special quest journal made by GF with great rewards, we also add some changes on the loot tables because players QQ about transformations contracts so GF added some in dungeons loots (ONLY CS in KR) and if the rates are too low I'm pretty sure they will increase it.

I think that both NA and EU staff made a lot of mistakes but at least Gameforge tried to improve the game and most of the time they fail and have to fix their mistakes but at least they tried. NCSoft is just putting content without real crazy idea it feels meh... Also they have only 1 language to translate and it took them IMO to much time to translate the 6.0 GF made it 1 month faster with 5 more languages... for me it's clearly a sign that NCSoft gave up on Aion NA + they made some changes after GF made it better like the 6.0 stuff compensations.

28 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

For the EU vs NA battle it's a waste of time... EU have qualities and NA has some qualities too! I play mostly on EU because well, I'm French soooo better ping. And even if I could, I wouldn't go on NA servers, because first I don't like the premium system in NA and two I deeply think that NCSoft doesn't care about Aion anymore. Yes GF shop is bad but the events are sometimes cool also when we talk with the Community Managers they do things to improve the game.

I'm sorry, what premium system on NA? Prestige Pass is completely optional. 90%-95% people here don't even use it. 

Better ping? I have a fair good ping, paying around 15€ for a ping reducer for 6 months, I can PvP and PvE just like I would on EU without it. There's no difference.

On NA it's like the Community Managers are not even on this forum, it feels empty, it feels like NCsoft is putting the KR events without anything more no nerf no improv... GF made a lot of events and created new events that KR didn't got, also they are really trying sometimes to do things right by adding new contents like a special quest journal made by GF with great rewards, we also add some changes on the loot tables because players QQ about transformations contracts so GF added some in dungeons loots (ONLY CS in KR) and if the rates are too low I'm pretty sure they will increase it.

They are here, but NCWest's communication is equal to Korea's, they barely talk, only when needed. Cyan, however, does participate the most. If you check KR boards you'll see the same story. GF is more "talkative" because it's a third party publisher.

I think that both NA and EU staff made a lot of mistakes but at least Gameforge tried to improve the game and most of the time they fail and have to fix their mistakes but at least they tried. NCSoft is just putting content without real crazy idea it feels meh... Also they have only 1 language to translate and it took them IMO to much time to translate the 6.0 GF made it 1 month faster with 5 more languages... for me it's clearly a sign that NCSoft gave up on Aion NA + they made some changes after GF made it better like the 6.0 stuff compensations.

The delay for 6.0 is not translation itself. What world do you live in? You're basically proving many points we people have about you EU guys, purely naive and ignorant to a certain extent. The delay happened because the Devs wanted it to be that way. Hime already said they'll be trying to release 6.5 shortly after 6.2.

Besides, since when this is a race for patches? What mindless people think "it's just about the patch" or any sort of race? I rather have the patch delayed but done right. Gotta thank EU though, we know what type of madness to expect.

58 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I'm sorry, what premium system on NA? Prestige Pass is completely optional. 90%-95% people here don't even use it. 

Better ping? I have a fair good ping, paying around 15€ for a ping reducer for 6 months, I can PvP and PvE just like I would on EU without it. There's no difference.

I hope you're kidding? ^^' Don't really know how to answer that... I don't pay anything and I have a good ping 26-42ms without fiber, 90%-95% EU players have premium (I still have 1000 days of premium remaining) and I paid it with my kinahs not my money?

They are here, but NCWest's communication is equal to Korea's, they barely talk, only when needed. Cyan, however, does participate the most. If you check KR boards you'll see the same story. GF is more "talkative" because it's a third party publisher.

hum? Okay? :/ I visit the Korean website everyday and I can tell you that the KR version as way more better communication than NA....

The delay for 6.0 is not translation itself. What world do you live in? You're basically proving many points we people have about you EU guys, purely naive and ignorant to a certain extent. The delay happened because the Devs wanted it to be that way. Hime already said they'll be trying to release 6.5 shortly after 6.2.

Besides, since when this is a race for patches? What mindless people think "it's just about the patch" or any sort of race? I rather have the patch delayed but done right. Gotta thank EU though, we know what type of madness to expect.

I never said I represent EU... I just said  what I think about the game... it's only MY opinion, obviously some EU players hate GF for whatever reasons.

It's a fact since they have less languages they should release a patch faster or they should have more time to prepare themselves to the new content and create new features... Why is it the same old website since 2010? Why there is no significative changes on the 6.2 NA Patch? For a faster 6.5? Really? And I'm the naive one :/

NCsoft and GF are both lacking on the community part. But IMO GF try new things and we are currently talking with Galeas (EU CM) to upgrade the actual gold pack so EU have a better premium system. So far we can't deny the fact that GF did better with the game than NCWest especially since 5.0. they really tried to improve the game in a good way even if it wasn't good everytime they tried. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not...

4 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

I hope you're kidding? ^^' Don't really know how to answer that... I don't pay anything and I have a good ping 26-42ms without fiber, 90%-95% EU players have premium (I still have 1000 days of premium remaining) and I paid it with my kinahs not my money?

What if I told you, you don't even need the Prestige, ever, to play the game?

4 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

hum? Okay? :/ I visit the Korean website everyday and I can tell you that the KR version as way more better communication than NA....

Might as well tell KR to let NA have more freedom :P 

I never said I represent EU... I just said  what I think about the game... it's only MY opinion, obviously some EU players hate GF for whatever reasons.

It's a fact since they have less languages they should release a patch faster or they should have more time to prepare themselves to the new content and create new features... Why is it the same old website since 2010? Why there is no significative changes on the 6.2 NA Patch? For a faster 6.5? Really? And I'm the naive one :/

Since you probably missed the patch preview on Friday, yes, we're finally getting a new website. Obviously NCWest has less "freedom" for so many things, it's really hard to keep count.

Again, it's not about "patching faster", each region is different as you said, and each have both their pros and cons. Changes for our 6.2 is that the higher grade xform you have, the lesser the duration of it. Why? I'm not sure, it's obvious this is something the devs demanded. Our prices for the Gold Sand shop are also cheaper, etc etc. Rest of the things will be fully be known on Wednesday or later.

NCsoft and GF are both lacking on the community part. But IMO GF try new things and we are currently talking with Galeas (EU CM) to upgrade the actual gold pack so EU have a better premium system. So far we can't deny the fact that GF did better with the game than NCWest especially since 5.0. they really tried to improve the game in a good way even if it wasn't good everytime they tried. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not...

You want to know facts and reality? Aion is technically dead. NCSOFT made it that way, and now it's all about getting as much cash out of it as possible. I watched a commentary about KR's premium system from some Korean dude and he basically compared it to a browser/mobile game with levels. No matter what region, Aion is just not the same, for the veterans or for the newcomers. Whether NA or EU or any other region goes down first, it all takes just 1 region to fall, and rest will follow, like dominoes. 

I can say the same about NCWest. Smoldering Fire Temple was a fantastic event, Daevas Dash was great despite the bugs, those were great for us. Then came Tia Eye event and everything fell apart. Either way, people from both EU and NA should stop attempting to fight and make these comparisons, because we're talking about 2 different publishers. It's like comparing and apple to a pear, both are fruits, but they're still different. I played EU and didn't like it, someone else will prefer it instead. Aion is far more subjective than you can imagine.

@Elano-DN Have you seen the custom changes available only for NA region? If not, maybe you should consider to check it out

About the premium... but it's COMPLETELY optional unlike the EU "premium"

With the update we're getting a new website

We may have not received the patch faster but it may feel quite a lot better with the custom changes made

I didn't saw the video (entirely) so yeah my bad on that point.

Since the 6.2 the EU premium is not required to play either and we add so many events involving the gold pack that most of EU players are premium and premium is cheap. Also in EU we want improvments on the premium because it's kinda useless since 6.2...

@Kubei-DN I know the differences between all the Aion versions (I mean i'm litterally translating korean guides), I know what NCsoft is doing with NA and IMO they just waited for GF to release the 6.2 so they can change things with EU feedbacks. It's good for NA Players because yeah they will have everything done day one. EU is like a crash test for NCwest/NCsoft right now I think.

For the xforms reducing the duration... I don't think it's the answer. Because lucky players and cash shop players with better xforms will have to spend more money/kinahs to pay for the scrolls. it also means more money if you want the scrolls to keep your normal skin. Also this feature is P2W as hell you can't buy the xforms contracts in game (the 1 contract per week at 9 900 000 kinahs doesn't count). and in 6.5 you will have xforms sets that gives you stats and new skills so the more you cash shop the more buff you'll have so... basically the reduced duration will have no effect and it will be just more expensive in kinahs... again this is just my opinion but we'll see.

For the gold sand shop we asked for a reduction of all the prices since the nerf so same for EU we'll see when GF will fix the Kinahs Gate ^^'

It's not only the duration, they mentioned they reduced the stats and the gaps between grades.

Nobody of us, players, know if and at what price will be contracts in the shop. I don't want to see them in the shop but we don't know.

About the release date, NA was ahead of EU till this 6.2 patch (correct me if I'm mistaken) so EU may have been getting kinda fixed patches. 

Show of hands: 

How many of us (NA players) post on the EU boards to tell them how much they stink and how much better things are over here in the land of the free and the home of the brave?

giphy.gif

*crickets*

Pretty much what I thought.

If you are posting here, it should be because you are interested in playing here and not trying to convince anyone who has come here looking for info that Gameforge is the best thing since sliced bread.

I don't know a lot of things, but what I do know is that NCWest didn't delay our 6.2 patch to see how things went with Gameforge's patch. They didn't have to because they know how it went when their parent company created the patch.. IN KOREA. Our patch was delayed because Aion always gets the short end of the stick in NA. We are used to it.

Welcome EU people that want to give NA Aion a try. Any EU people who are here to be a cheerleader for Gameforge, have some class and go back to your own boards.  

Archived