ITS NOW OR NEVER! MAKE NA GREAT AGAIN!

Chibiusa-DN

Hum? I never said that you should stop playing in NA and come in EU... I was just giving my opinion on the game and on what I think about EU since I play on EU, I don't want to play on NA, and some people on this thread were talking about EU / NA and translations.

It's not because I like playing on the EU version more that I can't give my opinion on the NA game you know? Actually I played on NA/RU/KR and EU, the korean version is by far the best version of the game and RU for me it's the worst one... Also I was defending my opinion and explaining why I prefer to play on EU instead of NA like other EU players here. Instead of just saying "because EU is better!"

I'm sorry if you thaught that my opinion about the EU version was like a cheerleader for Gameforge because you didn't really read it, I guess but it's okay... I like debates, maybe it's a french thing I don't know.

Also, if I'm here (on the NA forum) it's because i'm interested in the NA community more than in the game version.

59 minutes ago, Elano-DN said:

*snip*

Also, if I'm here (on the NA forum) it's because i'm interested in the NA community more than in the game version.

Oh. That's understandable. We are rather good looking, but sorry. We are seeing someone.

jRbOlveajrLag-N9TxBjZrfDA8S2zswzWxBDsJYf

On 10/21/2018 at 6:43 PM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I started in EU since I am European, but I had to leave it in late 2012 after almost 1 year of GameForge own-age. I left it and came to NA and I never had a single second thought of returning back to Aion EU, since there is no longer Aion EU.

As a matter of fact, comparing NA Aion to EU Aion is like comparing NA Aion with a private server that happens to be in EU zone (thus low ping for us).

Europe is the only continent in the world that had Aion but no longer has it, only a custom version of it, in the hands of a greedy 3rd pary company that has nothing to do with the development of this game and obviously absolutely no love for it.

--------
I kinda laughed on my friends who left NA to go to EU just because they got 6.2 earlier! I just wish NCWest would make another server in a place near Europe so we (the European players) could immigrate there to have low ping and be able to get normal times for sieges and EC. I know making a server in Europe is not possible since they sold the rights, but hey make it in north Africa, it will be much closer to us.

I started on NA because I have played  NCSoft games previously under NA, but I'm European as well. Around 2014 I decided to quit the game because it turned into something I didn't like anymore. Besides, bots were running rampart, kinah spam were scrolling ridiculously fast in chats. When EU-NA servers split in 2012 or so, I remember I had the option to opt-out and move to GF servers. I didn't want to because I have read all kind of shit about GF at that time. No matter, since I quit the game two years later, I decided to test GF and see what's all the fuss about it. I actually got to enjoy it, hence I stayed there for like two years at least. In that time I haven't seen one spam message, no bots either. The server were populated too. Around 2016 when I quit again, this time because of boredom and other game came out, EU had around 25k players and NA were left with like 5k players. I never gave one cent to GF yet I had gold pack active, like the majority of players. At this point I still have around 4 years left of gold pack, without paying anything. In the same time I managed to get best wings, best titles, mounts, inventory and many other things I couldn't get in NA because they were in shop and the only way to  acquire was by buying myself with real money. I have to mention that after the game turned to f2p model in NA I didn't pay anything anymore. I then came back on and off to NA to compare with EU. From my own perspective, there was no way I'd start playing actively again on NA because from my point of view it turned into too much p2w. So as you can see, each one have different things to share.

On 10/21/2018 at 11:07 PM, Capa-KT said:

Then, going off on how NA is more p2w than EU, this guy is smoking the good shit. In NA, you drop the exact same amount as in EU and you get concrete items, in EU you can get garbage as you can get what you actually want. Statistically speaking, you will spend more in EU to get less (also NA events are generally much more generous than EU).

NA was for so many years more p2w than EU but for other reasons, not because EU it's more expensive. You see, spending the same amount of money and getting less things on EU is not what defines more p2w. It's the fact that for a long time EU had in game alternatives of farming stuff unlike in NA. Players on EU just don't like stuff being in the shop. Period. Anything that you see in the shop and has value in game, no matter the price, it is considered p2w. Players on EU don't want cheap omegas and tempering in the shop, they want in game farming alternative. That is totally different mentality there. Of course there are others from richer countries in EU that would like to have them in shop cheaper but they are usually marginalized by the amount of complains about having stuff in shop instead of in game.

22 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

I'm sorry, what premium system on NA? Prestige Pass is completely optional. 90%-95% people here don't even use it. 

Better ping? I have a fair good ping, paying around 15€ for a ping reducer for 6 months, I can PvP and PvE just like I would on EU without it. There's no difference.

They are here, but NCWest's communication is equal to Korea's, they barely talk, only when needed. Cyan, however, does participate the most. If you check KR boards you'll see the same story. GF is more "talkative" because it's a third party publisher.

The delay for 6.0 is not translation itself. What world do you live in? You're basically proving many points we people have about you EU guys, purely naive and ignorant to a certain extent. The delay happened because the Devs wanted it to be that way. Hime already said they'll be trying to release 6.5 shortly after 6.2.

Besides, since when this is a race for patches? What mindless people think "it's just about the patch" or any sort of race? I rather have the patch delayed but done right. Gotta thank EU though, we know what type of madness to expect.

I have played long enough on NA to see that most competitive players actually ran Prestige all the time. Gold pack is also optional. There have been players who refused to pay even kinah to buy them from broker and still managed to get to end game. Obviously it's not the same comparison but neither GP vs Prestige. For prestige I'd have to pay 15€ while with that money I could buy 5 GP on a happy hour sale. That because prices are not fixed for all countries in Europe but cheaper for poorer and more expensive for richer.

I have a hard time your ping is the same. Around 2009 my best ping to NA was around 150. Around 2012 when it was f2p it was around 180. Today is over 200. That is without any ping proxy. And it's not because the connection got bad over time, in fact it improved a lot in EU, but it seems once it crosses the ocean it's getting really bad and you do need a ping reducer. On the other hand, the EU servers are far from me, a few countries away. My ping is around 35-40. I have seen the difference, there is no way it feels the same.

NCWest is not talkative because they have nothing to communicate on their own, since most of not all the big decisions are done by Korea HQ. Innova is even more talkative than GF but yet the state of the game is bad there as well. This is a result of the developers and less of the publishers.

You have no idea why there are delays. It's because NCWest is severely understaffed and their employees are shifted between different titles. NC Interactive is listed officially as having like four employees. For example the last few weeks Hime was very busy on the Lineage 2 and Lineage 2 Classic forum, since they opened that L2C game. Right now lots of players are complaining on that forum for days or weeks because they opened a game in a bad state, with nerfed content compared with EU and KR, and they demand answers from the staff members, answers that don't come. Yet Hime is back to Aion to handle this big update. Then who knows, after that they might have to handle a BnS update and so on. I'm sorry but each NCSoft Korean developed game I've played here under NCWest has been worse managed than in any other region. Do you think it's a coincidence that Aion has much less players today than EU or other regions?

2 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

I have to mention that after the game turned to f2p model in NA I didn't pay anything anymore. I then came back on and off to NA to compare with EU. From my own perspective, there was no way I'd start playing actively again on NA because from my point of view it turned into too much p2w. So as you can see, each one have different things to share.

NA was for so many years more p2w than EU but for other reasons, not because EU it's more expensive. You see, spending the same amount of money and getting less things on EU is not what defines more p2w.

I was just silently browsing through this discussion but...

What even.

I really don't wanna argue with EU adepts but there's no way NA is more p2w than EU.

Earlier this year, I decided to come back to the game and I decided to try out EU servers (since I'm from EU region myself). At first - putting the GP aside, and very unpleasant limitations that you experience without purchasing one, it seemed just the same. Not until I started actually playing and noticing how many things are nerfed and changed compared to NA. I was wondering why, and thought maybe it's just me mistaking things, but after browsing EU forums I realized it really was nerfed or just released this way initially. For example: Luna. Omegas didn't drop from the instance, there was no mounts, no good skins, no wings, very limited amount of recipes. Why is that? Why every region had normal Luna but EU decided to nerf it? Okay I would understand the removal of omegas at least bc they threw some "reason" to do it (even tho it's bs) and after players nyerked up the forums with complaints they implemented new system - shugo coins, which was a good idea. But such things as skins and mounts, why remove them? Obviously to give limitations to players and make them purchase those things in the shop...

Same thing with events. Most of events were nerfed somehow, good drops could be possible mostly with purchasing some shop items. Instead of getting permanent skins (like it was on NA) it gave 1-day skins or something. So apparently even giving out some event skins to players, which don't have any affect on the gameplay, was something prohibited.

On NA (and I think it was like this on every region) omegas had a chance to drop from the mobs in high level instances. On EU it was removed. Together with the luna nerf, there was a huge lack of omegas and they rose in price so much that it was impossible to buy them for a fair price. Hero trials couldn't compensate the nerfs fully, and as I mentioned they implemented shugo coins system after some time. Cannot really say how much it changed stuff since I left some time after this but something tells me it's not that significant since I've seen people complaining about it too.

Not to mention Tower of Challenge nerfs, etc. Totally unnecessary and made just to milk players and make things harder for them..

I was trying to convince myself to stay on EU because of better ping, and was trying to find the reasons why it's better, but I couldn't find any - besides better ping and  higher population. And, okay, timezones.

And some time after then I returned to NA with my friends. Not to mention it was very underwhelming, I felt "unsafe" staying on EU with 6.2 coming; knowing that GF are able to do everything to make it more complicated for the players, change things to more p2w, etc. So I left and came back to NA. Idm to play with 150-170 ping as long as I have some sense of confidence that NCWest won't cuck up everything like gameforge, and actually listen to their community. NCSoft can be bad but they're not as bad as GF and Innova. The latter CMs are more communicative indeed (because they're not the part of NCSoft and can let themselves open up about certain changes way sooner). But I can't say positive things about the publishers and the state of the game @ those regions.

2 hours ago, 2s105714-DN said:

NCWest is not talkative because they have nothing to communicate on their own, since most of not all the big decisions are done by Korea HQ. Innova is even more talkative than GF but yet the state of the game is bad there as well. This is a result of the developers and less of the publishers.

Um uhhh... Most of the Russian players complain about Innova rather than the game itself. I speak Russian and I know what's going on on their forums.

Because Innova is very greedy for money. They have very accessible cash shop and it's influencing on the game a lot. They were worried about what Innova will do with 6.2 version; and after 6.2 was released, literally a week later they straight up put strong scrolls and everything in the shop and a lot of people were mad. Those decisions aren't made by CMs (the ones who reply on the forums), but by different people who are responsible for cash shop items.

It's the same thing as with GF. But at least Innova doesn't make unnecessary changes in the game itself (aka Luna nerf, Tower of Challenge nerf, omega drop nerf...). But because of very high influence of the shop a lot of players leave RU for EU or, smaller portion, for NA.  

14 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Because comparing Europe to America seems very fair.

Why not? The Russian population of Europe is playing on Innova so you can exclude them. Then there is the fact that while I played in NA, besides many Americans and Canadians, there are many players from South America. Not to mention that I encountered quite a few players from Australia and even Korea. So you can say it's unfair, towards Europe.

13 hours ago, Enriah-KT said:

I was just silently browsing through this discussion but...

What even.

I really don't wanna argue with EU adepts but there's no way NA is more p2w than EU.

It is and it has been for many years. A player playing for free in NA, basically no real money spent, could not achieve the same thing a player could achieve by playing in EU. That simple. Some of the things you need to buy yourself in NA. On EU there was this veteran reward system that was giving out basically all you needed and most players bought GP with kinah to get these veteran rewards, from the players spending real money. Even more, these rewards are account wide, reason for having best titles, best wings, inventory spaces and so many things for free, like temperings and omegas, rewards that also reset every half year.

Earlier this year, I decided to come back to the game and I decided to try out EU servers (since I'm from EU region myself). At first - putting the GP aside, and very unpleasant limitations that you experience without purchasing one, it seemed just the same. Not until I started actually playing and noticing how many things are nerfed and changed compared to NA. I was wondering why, and thought maybe it's just me mistaking things, but after browsing EU forums I realized it really was nerfed or just released this way initially. For example: Luna. Omegas didn't drop from the instance, there was no mounts, no good skins, no wings, very limited amount of recipes. Why is that? Why every region had normal Luna but EU decided to nerf it? Okay I would understand the removal of omegas at least bc they threw some "reason" to do it (even tho it's bs) and after players nyerked up the forums with complaints they implemented new system - shugo coins, which was a good idea. But such things as skins and mounts, why remove them? Obviously to give limitations to players and make them purchase those things in the shop...

Many things nerfed - only Luna. You forgot to mention the nerfed things in NA as well. But you have to understand, Luna system is of Russian/Innova design, it doesn't exist in Korea. Every region is free to make their own system from Luna. On EU was nerfed because of people exploiting it to get lots of omegas. We didn't need mounts in Luna because we got other free event giving them. I have three accounts full of characters, all having free mounts with best speed. Besides, you could still get mounts through in game meanings. One is Oriel. Another one is by crafting with handicrafting, and last one with aetherforging. Thanks for the long and free event where everyone got their craft to 300 for almost free and the tons of mats. I know I did level up the crafting on three characters.

Now, while Luna was still dropping omegas but with low chance, you forgot to mention increased chance of dropping omegas in the other instances. People were soloing 3 man instances to get omegas and temperings (click). The chance was decent. There was also hero trials, something that EU and KR and NA doesn't have. It's basically 3 daily quests with various rewards and in some days you get omegas (click), and you needed to get exp or gp or ap to get rewards, depending on day. As you can see in one of the pic there was also shugo coins drop and you could buy omegas and temperings from the vending machine in town. You just needed lots of characters and you could pull a good amount of omegas every week.

Same thing with events. Most of events were nerfed somehow, good drops could be possible mostly with purchasing some shop items. Instead of getting permanent skins (like it was on NA) it gave 1-day skins or something. So apparently even giving out some event skins to players, which don't have any affect on the gameplay, was something prohibited.

What? Events were the reasons I got fancy mounts although I already had, I also got fancy skins for wings and weapon. All permanent. Not to mention getting rich by selling something like this or this, farming on every character. Then I remember one month events like this one. Obviously there were some events that was mostly for cash shop players but those were labeled as promo.

On NA (and I think it was like this on every region) omegas had a chance to drop from the mobs in high level instances. On EU it was removed. Together with the luna nerf, there was a huge lack of omegas and they rose in price so much that it was impossible to buy them for a fair price. Hero trials couldn't compensate the nerfs fully, and as I mentioned they implemented shugo coins system after some time. Cannot really say how much it changed stuff since I left some time after this but something tells me it's not that significant since I've seen people complaining about it too.

On EU every instance had omegas drop. See above. There was no huge lack of omegas. We had all the 66+ instances dropping omegas, hero trials, shugo coins, events, veteran rewards, all giving omegas. I was selling weekly and many others did. The broker was all the time filled with omegas and temperings. Speaking of expensive stuff, while I was checking NA everything was nyerk expensive. I couldn't even get a decent plume, it was over 1 bil to get one. On EU the price was like this or this, because of our system and events.

Not to mention Tower of Challenge nerfs, etc. Totally unnecessary and made just to milk players and make things harder for them..

How was it nerfed?

I was trying to convince myself to stay on EU because of better ping, and was trying to find the reasons why it's better, but I couldn't find any - besides better ping and  higher population. And, okay, timezones.

Personally I found no reason to play actively in NA. Ping, friends, timezones, higher population, no bots and spam, could have got anything in game free. It was just another experience for me. I'm guessing this is why so many chose  to stay on the EU and not move to NA.

And some time after then I returned to NA with my friends. Not to mention it was very underwhelming, I felt "unsafe" staying on EU with 6.2 coming; knowing that GF are able to do everything to make it more complicated for the players, change things to more p2w, etc. So I left and came back to NA. Idm to play with 150-170 ping as long as I have some sense of confidence that NCWest won't cuck up everything like gameforge, and actually listen to their community. NCSoft can be bad but they're not as bad as GF and Innova. The latter CMs are more communicative indeed (because they're not the part of NCSoft and can let themselves open up about certain changes way sooner). But I can't say positive things about the publishers and the state of the game @ those regions.

Players didn't understood one thing. When Aion 6.0 launched in Korea there was a big outcry one month later. Players were dissatisfied with how the game turned into more p2w, how it turned into a mobile game. Some players were spending thousands of dollars to get the highest transforms. Back then I knew it was bad but I didn't really know until I tested the game myself. The game was bad from design.

Here I can say I'm not really satisfied with how things were managed by GF, the 6.2 update, and I'm not referring to exchange and the launch. I think the exchange was very good and not too much punishing returning or new players. However, knowing that the game is already harsh and p2w straight from Korea, they could have soften the patch for us. They do have some plans to do that but for nw it's just only words, and besides that, it should have been ready at start.

Um uhhh... Most of the Russian players complain about Innova rather than the game itself. I speak Russian and I know what's going on on their forums.

Because Innova is very greedy for money. They have very accessible cash shop and it's influencing on the game a lot. They were worried about what Innova will do with 6.2 version; and after 6.2 was released, literally a week later they straight up put strong scrolls and everything in the shop and a lot of people were mad. Those decisions aren't made by CMs (the ones who reply on the forums), but by different people who are responsible for cash shop items.

It's the same thing as with GF. But at least Innova doesn't make unnecessary changes in the game itself (aka Luna nerf, Tower of Challenge nerf, omega drop nerf...). But because of very high influence of the shop a lot of players leave RU for EU or, smaller portion, for NA.  

There is no tower nerf but Luna is by game design, and omegas in RU are through meanings that you need to spend money. You need to pay for premium. You still can't blame Innova or GF for 6.x, the game itself it's just that bad and NC demands certain things and money from the publishers.

I played in both GF and NA, 1 year in GF and more years in NA. I will never ever go back to GF because when people were coming to NA they kept telling me that skins and mounts we had here in luna craft they didn't even know their existence in EU.

Also luna daily and weekly was a NA-only thing so far, Korea just adopted this and EU too. It was an event for them that was once and never again, in NA it was a permanent event.

NA has much more freedom, which of course led to a problematic gaming community since hackers and bots weren't regulated. You either get 100% freedom and live in an open world, or you live in a protectorate and pretend you have a better gaming experience.

On 23/10/2018 at 8:11 PM, Aly-DN said:

Thank you, Merge Name Gameforge Loving Person, for your totally unbiased opinion wall of text!

giphy.gif

...all he said was nonsense. GF people are the ones that got rewards from instances and events removed, because GF didn't want people to be able to play the game without paying them money.

2 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

I played in both GF and NA, 1 year in GF and more years in NA. I will never ever go back to GF because when people were coming to NA they kept telling me that skins and mounts we had here in luna craft they didn't even know their existence in EU.

We had skins craft in Luna. No mounts since we had other free sources like events. There are still free ways to get mounts.

Also luna daily and weekly was a NA-only thing so far, Korea just adopted this and EU too. It was an event for them that was once and never again, in NA it was a permanent event.

This is wrong. Luna was developed for RU at the request of Innova. Then EU and NA got their own permanent versions of it that is also different than RU. Luna doesn't exist in Korea.

NA has much more freedom, which of course led to a problematic gaming community since hackers and bots weren't regulated. You either get 100% freedom and live in an open world, or you live in a protectorate and pretend you have a better gaming experience.

Whatever NA did, as a result only a few hundreds of players were still playing in NA before this update. On EU some of the players  quit but not that much and still have ten times the population here.

...all he said was nonsense. GF people are the ones that got rewards from instances and events removed, because GF didn't want people to be able to play the game without paying them money.

What? Can you explain that because not only that it didn't happen but it makes no sense.

Wouldn't hurt to update your meme bookmarks a little bit. You roll most of the same old ones for years.

Anyway, after seeing the new update here I see that some stuff are cheaper in the shop but overall still more P2W and you end up paying more. That if you choose to spend.

12 minutes ago, 2s105714-DN said:

Wouldn't hurt to update your meme bookmarks a little bit. You roll most of the same old ones for years.

Anyway, after seeing the new update here I see that some stuff are cheaper in the shop but overall still more P2W and you end up paying more. That if you choose to spend.

For -years-? You been lurking and spying on me?

creepy.gif?fit=500,280

4 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

For -years-? You been lurking and spying on me?

No need. I've played NA for lots of years and it is very hard to miss the most active people on the forum. Even more interesting, we have been playing on the same server, Israphail, so it's hard to miss the forum. Just because I don't reply often on these boards it doesn't mean I don't read.

Archived