About 6.2 Enchanting - Why you should be worried

Rager-KT

I'm afraid NA won't be able to handle enchanting unless we get the 6.5 enchanting rates now. Check these stats from aion powerbook:

6.2 Ancient gear +10-15: 48% success with legendary stones (that's harder then doing a +20 current 5.8 patch at roughly 60% success? I believe)

0.48^5 gives us about 2.5% chance of success per attempt meaning you would expect 40 attempts.

But that can mean using up to 5 stones each attempt, so you would expect to use 80+ legendary stones per piece aha!

6.5 Ancient gear +10-15: 68% success with legendary stones - easier than doing a +20 right now. Better... even though it still seems bloody hard for the lowest tier of gear. 

This is just ancients btw using legendary stones lol

I mean look at EU, they're stuffed... vast majority are eternally stuck on ancients, not very welcoming for new/returning players

3 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Check out my version of the 6,2 gear enchantment success rates which also includes the probability of +10->15 for each of the 9 enchantment stone quality / target quality combinations.

I wasn't sure if this was true or not but a person on the EU forums seemed to confirm this. Failing an Ultimate stone doesn't reduce the item level by 1. This might change your table a bit.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

First post on forums trying to scare people away from playing. I love Aion's community this salt is only 2nd to Arks Salt :D.

How is raising a legit concern trying to scare people away? If anything they are trying to call attention or start a discussion to a potentially huge barrier for players in 6.2. Facts aren't salt.

Fact #1: there are 17 pieces of gear to enchant in 6.2

Fact #2: the pvp gear requires reaching +15 3 times to max it

Fact #3: without events or the cash shop, someone who wins all the available content each day will average ~5 legendary stones per day.

Fact #4: here's an enchanting sim to understand how far 5 stones/day will go: http://jsfiddle.net/7z8q6odm/53/embedded/result

A lot of people have this perception that, yay things are capped at +15, everyones going to be even and fair eventually.

But the reality is... enchanting from ancient +0 to ultimate +15 is like enchanting to +30 (possibly higher) in 5.8

I'm just trying to raise awareness to prepare people's tolerance to the game ahead. It's going to be a long road ahead and a lot of griefing from those who are already getting legendary/ultimate exchange gear. 

55 minutes ago, Okieant-KT said:

How is raising a legit concern trying to scare people away? If anything they are trying to call attention or start a discussion to a potentially huge barrier for players in 6.2. Facts aren't salt.

Fact #1: there are 17 pieces of gear to enchant in 6.2

Fact #2: the pvp gear requires reaching +15 3 times to max it

Fact #3: without events or the cash shop, someone who wins all the available content each day will average ~5 legendary stones per day.

Fact #4: here's an enchanting sim to understand how far 5 stones/day will go: http://jsfiddle.net/7z8q6odm/53/embedded/result

The substance of the post is not the issue it is who it is coming from. A brand new poster to the forums who is either a new/returning user says.

"I mean look at EU, they're stuffed... vast majority are eternally stuck on ancients, not very welcoming for new/returning players"

To know the vast majority is stuck on ancients you have to play EU or you are just making assumptions based off the people who are having bad luck and posting about it. Even still i doubt a new/returning player would be like how is EU handling this patch. Its a fear mongering post trying to get people to not worry about playing before they even see if they enjoy the content. In other words a post trying to convince others thinking of returning not to play.

Your 3rd fact is interesting tho. Anyone who has played the NA region since 3.X knows the regions economy is event driven. That is just how the cookie crumbles for us. P2W or wait for the good events to cycle through. At the start of every new major patch Aion's old/paying players who kept up to date always had an overwhelming advantage for the first 3-4 months.

unknown.png

Now i used legendary from +3 on wards to wrack up more legendary stones being used to add maximum amount of days. I do not consider this any worse then the enchanting in 3.X where it took well over 500 enchant stones from +8-15 for a single item.

This may look like a daunting task however knowing full well this is an event driven region its not a worrying topic to me as it has been for EU players. Knowing that after the first month i will probably be able to buy purple PvP enchantment stones from my Alts from events then trade the silver back to my main after i buy them through buying expensive items from my self. 

This is me speaking from a returning player perspective who is doing 0 prep. The last time i played Aion was to claim my names after the merge and before that was not long after 5.X was released leveled to 72 then stopped playing due to being burnt out.

17 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Wait, did you just show the enchantment rates which are the exact same numbers pulled from powerbook albeit in a different format??

These enchantment rates (and the powerbook ones) are pulled from the game data (enchant_datadriven.xml).

Theoretically every region could have different enchantment rates (china, Europe, japan, Russia, Taiwan, USA) , but they all currently have the same rate (based on what the client data shows)

I have reloaded my personal SQLite database with EU "post-nerf" enchantment rates update, and from the client data side the enchantment rates appear to still the same.

One thing I don't know is, whether if gameforge made any server-side stealth nerf to the gear enchantment success rates, that are not visible to client datamining...

18 minutes ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

These enchantment rates (and the powerbook ones) are pulled from the game data (enchant_datadriven.xml).

Theoretically every region could have different enchantment rates (china, Europe, japan, Russia, Taiwan, USA) , but they all currently have the same rate (based on what the client data shows)

I have reloaded my personal SQLite database with EU "post-nerf" enchantment rates update, and from the client data side the enchantment rates appear to still the same.

One thing I don't know is, whether if gameforge made any server-side stealth nerf to the gear enchantment success rates, that are not visible to client datamining...

I'm not sure whether that is possible. The question is why the PTS rates were better, mainly like KRs, but currently they are worse even if they still have the same rates?

It's possible to alter it on server side however it requires coding which gameforge obviously is not allowed to do and has to give request to NC. what I think they may have done is the RNG generator since it's based on that and it may roll little different numbers that it would in vanilla. 

Also the 2nd point could be that your RNG just sucks but I see no point in this as it is most of the playerbase complaining.

@Kubei-DN don't forget that the enchant rates have been altered with 6.5 which could mean that they already have 6.5 files on the server uploaded as hidden but some (like the enchant rates) rewrite files so that may have not been catched up.

But this is all speculation we can never be sure what has been done until you work for gameforge or are coder for NC KR who does the coding for the EU client.

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Rager-KT said:

called it

1 ancient to +15 in 3 weeks, friggin sick (16 more to go yippee)

event so far only giving pve stones 

looks like compensation geared people will have a huge advantage for 5+ months unless something changes.. eternal ancient life :DDD

1 +15? You're lucky bro!

I got my Ancient weapon to +15 with about 200 ancient stones the problem for me is the 100 Ancient fighting spirit fragments that are needed to upgrade. What is everyone doing to get these? My crafting is only at lvl 52 and costs alot of non existant kinah to lvl it, are people just buying crafted gear to disenchant off broker or buying the gear with crystals to disenchant?

3 hours ago, Rager-KT said:

called it

1 ancient to +15 in 3 weeks, friggin sick (16 more to go yippee)

event so far only giving pve stones 

looks like compensation geared people will have a huge advantage for 5+ months unless something changes.. eternal ancient life :DDD

Wow you are lucky... you actually got a piece to 15?

I got a lot of +10 but after that it fails no matter what for me so I'm not understanding how they expect us to upgrade this new PVP gear without any PVP stones and terrible enchantment rates... It's like they forgot something or I am totally missing something.

I also thought they were going to try to close the gap in PVP but seems like they have just made it worse for new or returning players by giving absolutely  no path to victory... weekly's should be daily's to make this game interesting again as many people are leaving complaining in chat about the patch and how boring it is... When someone has to wait a week to start char progression back up it does get pretty boring in between.

I really like AION always have but I feel like it's on life support for real now...  The AION team needs to give us a way to get A LOT more PVP stones and improve enchanting rates or all this work is for nothing as the population will fall off of a cliff again very shortly and we do not want that!

6 hours ago, LakeFever-DN said:

I got my Ancient weapon to +15 with about 200 ancient stones the problem for me is the 100 Ancient fighting spirit fragments that are needed to upgrade. What is everyone doing to get these? My crafting is only at lvl 52 and costs alot of non existant kinah to lvl it, are people just buying crafted gear to disenchant off broker or buying the gear with crystals to disenchant?

4 hours ago, Mukesh-DN said:

Wow you are lucky... you actually got a piece to 15?

I got a lot of +10 but after that it fails no matter what for me so I'm not understanding how they expect us to upgrade this new PVP gear without any PVP stones and terrible enchantment rates... It's like they forgot something or I am totally missing something.

I also thought they were going to try to close the gap in PVP but seems like they have just made it worse for new or returning players by giving absolutely  no path to victory... weekly's should be daily's to make this game interesting again as many people are leaving complaining in chat about the patch and how boring it is... When someone has to wait a week to start char progression back up it does get pretty boring in between.

I really like AION always have but I feel like it's on life support for real now...  The AION team needs to give us a way to get A LOT more PVP stones and improve enchanting rates or all this work is for nothing as the population will fall off of a cliff again very shortly and we do not want that!

This patch is a grindy one my friends, no place for casuals imo. What do you do when you exhaust camps? Grind mobs for materials to craft gear to disenchant to get fighting spirit fragments or for kinah to then buy crafted gear to disenchant. As bad as everyone makes enchanting out to be, this still can't be worse than black desert online's enchanting.

Archived