About 6.2 Enchanting - Why you should be worried

Rager-KT

3 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

WhY dId YoU uSe LeGeNdArY aT +10 WhEn ItS SaFe To FaIl

Do you not see the point here my friend 

lets just assume theres no ancient stone in the game, and you get legendary stones from the weeklies 

same exchange rate to buy legendary stones as the ancient ones, which is 50 genesis crystals for 5 to 10 stones

and you use 170 to +15 something that's lower than the grade of your stone

that really looks normal

simulation don't mean anything... do a live test. in game with real stones and the real gear. truth is at the current success rate you will get your gear legendary at +15 in at least 6 months (i would say a year or more tbh with the 6.2 rates). Yes the rates are similar with 3.x but the enchantment stones available in game are soooooo limited. using legendary stones or ancient stones feels the same on an ancient gear.  in 3.x the broker was stacked up with enchantment stones, not to mention you could get them from any lvl 60 instance by simply extracting the gear you didn't need. that's not the case here. The scarcity is a huge issue. 

Yes we should be worried, and mostly NCSoft should be. Mainly because if people can't upgrade their gear to be viable in pvp or pve... they will stop playing. Now, on the other hand you can't expect to be fully ultimate after a few weeks of new patch. not even fully legendary. And i understand and agree with that. But when you burn over 80 ancient stones and roughly 40 legendary to try and +15 an ancient piece and in the end you are still at +10... that can make you rage quit which is the opposite of what the game should do for you. i don't mind burning the stones, as i didn't mind in 3.x, but at least give me ways to get the stones to keep up with the low success rates. 

40 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Welp, just got another piece purified to legendary today. Call it rng.

pure rng I got first piece legendary pretty easy, used only 50 ancients, and no legendary stone. Then second piece 60 ancients and 10 legendary. But that was one week ago or so. since then i have 2 pieces ancient +10 i have used in total over 100 ancient and 60 legendary and they are still at +10 :)) 

Well too bad to the folks with compensation legendary then. I did the 2 legendaries without any compensation from tempering/omega.

Things bite pretty hard this patch since resources are scarce. Proper planning is key. Where to stop using ancients where to start using legendary. What to craft for most efficient fighting spirit farm etc.

But imo overall things are fine the way they are with enchanting ancient grade gear.

1 hour ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

I'm gonna copy pasta myself from another thread:

Start watching from 15:00...

RNG in Aion is "just right" -Shirayuki, November 2018

You know somethings REALLY wrong in Aion when even Aly admits it.

Well I assume all this complain about rng begins when resources are equally scarce. Ok? If dear mecheagle wants to do things his way of wasting scarce resources like legendary stones at +2 and +10 then that is his problem. He had the resources both real life and in game to stockpile a crap ton of temperings to convert to legendary stones and if he figures that he can just start using them like water its not up to anyone to tell him otherwise. Just like maybe its not my place to express my own opinion on the matter because after all its your equipment, your own gameplay, your own planned usage of enchantment stones. If you want to spam ancient enchants to hit +15 fine by me. if you want to spam legendary stones to hit +15 also fine by me. You do you and i'll do me. End of the day more than likely the rates are going to stay the way they are and you can keep crying about it while I face it. Even if ncwest is gonna change the rates you can be sure it will not be so soon and maybe by then heck you might have even left the game. So what do you want to do now? Complain the game is too hard hence sit in town and do nothing and post on forums? Or play the game?

On 11/11/2018 at 4:52 PM, Shirayuki-DN said:

Well I assume all this complain about rng begins when resources are equally scarce. Ok? If dear mecheagle wants to do things his way of wasting scarce resources like legendary stones at +2 and +10 then that is his problem. He had the resources both real life and in game to stockpile a crap ton of temperings to convert to legendary stones and if he figures that he can just start using them like water its not up to anyone to tell him otherwise. Just like maybe its not my place to express my own opinion on the matter because after all its your equipment, your own gameplay, your own planned usage of enchantment stones. If you want to spam ancient enchants to hit +15 fine by me. if you want to spam legendary stones to hit +15 also fine by me. You do you and i'll do me. End of the day more than likely the rates are going to stay the way they are and you can keep crying about it while I face it. Even if ncwest is gonna change the rates you can be sure it will not be so soon and maybe by then heck you might have even left the game. So what do you want to do now? Complain the game is too hard hence sit in town and do nothing and post on forums? Or play the game?

This is not the first time someone say "if you fail you're doing it wrong". Can you please explain for the rest of us who are noobs how should you +15 a legendary? or even an ancient for that matter. 
Because from experience i can tell you this. NOTHING WORKS. 

you can throw what you want in what order you want the end result is the same. Yes MAYBE you will get one piece to +15 ancient or one piece to +15 Legendary, but... you know you have 14 pieces of gear. 

I have tried everything possible:

1 using ancient stones until +10, and legendary to +15 (end result after 30 legendary stones +10)
2 Using Ancient stones until +14 then legendary (end result after 60 ancient and 20 legendary +10)
3 Enchanting multiple items one at a time, using ancient end result all pieces remained at +10 after over 60 ancients used (no piece went above +13 all good).

i think i have used roughly 200 Ancients and 200 legendary and only 2 pieces went to ancient +15 (and i know i got lucky, other are still struggling to get the first piece to +15)

So if you know how to do it, share it with the others, don't be shy.

Lot's of Love

PS. I'm not complaining, i'm giving heads up, because if players are not satisfied with a game and don't enjoy it, they will simply stop playing it. IF you think this what should happen... then my friend clearly you don't care about the community and about the game.

2 hours ago, Mirelium-KT said:

This is not the first time someone say "if you fail you're doing it wrong". Can you please explain for the rest of us who are noobs how should you +15 a legendary? or even an ancient for that matter. 
Because from experience i can tell you this. NOTHING WORKS. 

you can throw what you want in what order you want the end result is the same. Yes MAYBE you will get one piece to +15 ancient or one piece to +15 Legendary, but... you know you have 14 pieces of gear. 

I have tried everything possible:

1 using ancient stones until +10, and legendary to +15 (end result after 30 legendary stones +10)
2 Using Ancient stones until +14 then legendary (end result after 60 ancient and 20 legendary +10)
3 Enchanting multiple items one at a time, using ancient end result all pieces remained at +10 after over 60 ancients used (no piece went above +13 all good).

i think i have used roughly 200 Ancients and 200 legendary and only 2 pieces went to ancient +15 (and i know i got lucky, other are still struggling to get the first piece to +15)

So if you know how to do it, share it with the others, don't be shy.

Lot's of Love

PS. I'm not complaining, i'm giving heads up, because if players are not satisfied with a game and don't enjoy it, they will simply stop playing it. IF you think this what should happen... then my friend clearly you don't care about the community and about the game.

Ancient gear - 0 -12 using ancient stones only 12 - 15 using legendary stones only (Note: some people use ancients up till 13)

Legendary gear - 0 - 5 using ancient stones only 5 - 10 using legendary stones only 10 - 12 using ancient stones only (u want to land a +2 crit proc here since its only a 5% chance to +1 and unless your super lucky your not going to land 5% +11 5% +12) 12 - 15 using legendary stones only

Ultimate gear - same as legendary gear 0 - 5 using ancient stones only 5 - 10 using legendary stones only 10 - 12 using ancient stones only (u want to land a +2 crit proc here since its only a 5% chance to +1 and unless your super lucky your not going to land 5% +11 5% +12) 12 - 15 using legendary stones only

O and of course i've mentioned this before in another thread but people like numbered name up there dismisses it as rng so o well. What we are doing with this method though is conserving as much legendary stones as possible. And yeah you said the right words. Because I simply don't care about the community and about the game, I play this for entertainment and I'm playing half a world across from everyone else why should I spend what little free time I have to bother about a community I rarely see. Its funny you know, you guys who aren't satisfied with the game think you are the almighty majority but when I actually play the game and go about doing stuff it paints a totally different picture you know.

I've mentioned in another thread too that this patch is going to be mainly a PvE farming patch. But people laugh it off. Well look at where we are now guys. If some of you think you are going to come back from god knows what patch, roll on DN/KT and start PvPing on equal footing in like 3 weeks of patch without some hard work or credit card swiping, good luck to you. This is a mmorpg let me remind you of that. The moment you leave is the moment you will never catch up without some hard work or credit card swiping. I'll be honest if you guys are really not satisfied with the game then switch games. Never have I switched games before and then come back to a game later. Aion's veteran community is weird af in the sense they actually pick up a game that they have tossed by the roadside before. If by all means you want to be unsatisfied and threaten us with leaving, I truly suggest leaving instead, but just don't come back to the game in 6.5 and see everyone in at least 10 pieces of genesis crystal legendary gear and then start crying all over again instead. Its annoying af to see.

9 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Ancient gear - 0 -12 using ancient stones only 12 - 15 using legendary stones only (Note: some people use ancients up till 13)

Legendary gear - 0 - 5 using ancient stones only 5 - 10 using legendary stones only 10 - 12 using ancient stones only (u want to land a +2 crit proc here since its only a 5% chance to +1 and unless your super lucky your not going to land 5% +11 5% +12) 12 - 15 using legendary stones only

Ultimate gear - same as legendary gear 0 - 5 using ancient stones only 5 - 10 using legendary stones only 10 - 12 using ancient stones only (u want to land a +2 crit proc here since its only a 5% chance to +1 and unless your super lucky your not going to land 5% +11 5% +12) 12 - 15 using legendary stones only

O and of course i've mentioned this before in another thread but people like numbered name up there dismisses it as rng so o well. What we are doing with this method though is conserving as much legendary stones as possible. And yeah you said the right words. Because I simply don't care about the community and about the game, I play this for entertainment and I'm playing half a world across from everyone else why should I spend what little free time I have to bother about a community I rarely see. Its funny you know, you guys who aren't satisfied with the game think you are the almighty majority but when I actually play the game and go about doing stuff it paints a totally different picture you know.

Well next time i will try to make a recording on how 30 ancient stones can fail in a raw at +10. and using legendary at +13 or +14 depending if ancient proc-ed a +2 made no difference. But thank you for sharing, maybe for others it will work. My rng was never good so maybe i'm just that unlucky.

Btw I also play from half a world across (eastern europe). I don't see how that matters. I don't consider myself almighty or anything even close to that. Since when saying what you have on your mind gives you a god complex or something. And when did I EVER said I represent the majority. I said they are players who complain. This can be seen on forum. I didn't say EVERYONE complains or that the majority of players complain (that's for NCWest to decide, they have the facts, neither you or me knows how many complained). I speak only for myself. I draw conclusion based on what I see, hear and experience. And guess what I actually play the game too. I go grind, pvp, instances, sieges etc. what does any of this has to do with anything? 

Lot's of Love

3 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

I've mentioned in another thread too that this patch is going to be mainly a PvE farming patch. But people laugh it off. Well look at where we are now guys. If some of you think you are going to come back from god knows what patch, roll on DN/KT and start PvPing on equal footing in like 3 weeks of patch without some hard work or credit card swiping, good luck to you. This is a mmorpg let me remind you of that. The moment you leave is the moment you will never catch up without some hard work or credit card swiping. I'll be honest if you guys are really not satisfied with the game then switch games. Never have I switched games before and then come back to a game later. Aion's veteran community is weird af. If by all means you want to be unsatisfied and threaten us with leaving, I truly suggest leaving instead, but just don't come back to the game in 6.5 and see everyone in at least 10 pieces of genesis crystal legendary gear and then start crying all over again instead. Its annoying af to see.

Well with that, I agree. getting back on game after months if not years of not playing and expecting to be on same level with veteran players is a bit naive. And yes if someone takes yet another break waiting for new patch, and come back, it will be as difficult to catch up as it is now.

Lot's of Love

On 10/21/2018 at 8:11 PM, HealingSquid-KT said:

First post on forums trying to scare people away from playing. I love Aion's community this salt is only 2nd to Arks Salt :D.

No one is scared to play. It's just the fact that people don't usually live longer than 100 years. So I probably won't play a game that takes so much time and effort to do something because of bad RNG. No one wants to sit there for a week only to have your gear fail to get to +15 over , and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. That is called drudgery, and it's not fun. Video games are supposed to be fun to play, not painful. Old enchanting was better, all you needed was greater supplements and an omega, 100 % chance, then you can be done with it and get it out of your life. The way it is now, You may never get +15, no matter what you do, you can use 1000 stones, and you still might not get it. All you will do in the game is sit there trying to enchant and fail,  wow,  sounds thrilling.

20 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Because I simply don't care about the community and about the game, I play this for entertainment and I'm playing half a world across from everyone else why should I spend what little free time I have to bother about a community I rarely see. Its funny you know, you guys who aren't satisfied with the game think you are the almighty majority but when I actually play the game and go about doing stuff it paints a totally different picture you know.

Fyi, it's possible to play Aion for fun and also care about the community and game all at the same time. Also, you should care about the community and direction the devs are heading with the game if you want the entertainment to last.

Sure you're halfway across the world, but you should still consistently be seeing players playing from your timezone. That's the community you interact with and you should care about them and how satisfied they are with the game at least.

You claim to have little free time. But I see that you not only have time to farm on your main but your "main alt" and you also comment/white knighting on the forums all day as if you were a Community Manager. So it seems to me you spend a lot more time on Aion+Aion forums than the avg. player. gtfo with the "little free time" BS.

Fyi, Aion's population dropped drastically since around 4.8 when Katalam/Danaria were removed. Most of the players who were unsatisfied with the game have already quit. Add those players with the number of players still playing now that aren't happy with "new Aion" and I'd bet we would be the majority. NCSoft is fortunate to have players like you who bend over time and again and tell them how much you love it, regardless of whatever idiotic changes they've made. But excuse those of us that can spot BS and are pointing it out.

20 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

I'll be honest if you guys are really not satisfied with the game then switch games. Never have I switched games before and then come back to a game later. Aion's veteran community is weird af in the sense they actually pick up a game that they have tossed by the roadside before. If by all means you want to be unsatisfied and threaten us with leaving, I truly suggest leaving instead, but just don't come back to the game in 6.5 and see everyone in at least 10 pieces of genesis crystal legendary gear and then start crying all over again instead. Its annoying af to see.

lol..The guy who doesn't care about the game+community telling those who do care about the game+community to quit.

As for why veterans come back to try the game again from time to time? Not sure if you were aware, but games can change for better or worse you know. That's what patches are all about.

You're still not understanding the true issue here. I and other posters have already brought up Aion 4.0 as an example of a time when the difference between players in casual gear (BM gear) wasn't too far off from max gear (65 Aug 2). If in 6.5, 10 pieces of legendary gear is casual gear, but max gear is still ultimate, gear disparity will still be rubbish because ultimate smashes on legendary. People are complaining for good reason..stop using hyperbole like Aly and telling everyone they're "crying" when they're not.

6 minutes ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Fyi, it's possible to play Aion for fun and also care about the community and game all at the same time. Also, you should care about the community and direction the devs are heading with the game if you want the entertainment to last.

Sure you're halfway across the world, but you should still consistently be seeing players playing from your timezone. That's the community you interact with and you should care about them and how satisfied they are with the game at least.

You claim to have little free time. But I see that you not only have time to farm on your main but your "main alt" and you also comment/white knighting on the forums all day as if you were a Community Manager. So it seems to me you spend a lot more time on Aion+Aion forums than the avg. player. gtfo with the "little free time" BS.

Fyi, Aion's population dropped drastically since around 4.8 when Katalam/Danaria were removed. Most of the players who were unsatisfied with the game have already quit. Add those players with the number of players still playing now that aren't happy with "new Aion" and I'd bet we would be the majority. NCSoft is fortunate to have players like you who bend over time and again and tell them how much you love it, regardless of whatever idiotic changes they've made. But excuse those of us that can spot BS and are pointing it out.

lol..The guy who doesn't care about the game+community telling those who do care about the game+community to quit.

As for why veterans come back to try the game again from time to time? Not sure if you were aware, but games can change for better or worse you know. That's what patches are all about.

You're still not understanding the true issue here. I and other posters have already brought up Aion 4.0 as an example of a time when the difference between players in casual gear (BM gear) wasn't too far off from max gear (65 Aug 2). If in 6.5, 10 pieces of legendary gear is casual gear, but max gear is still ultimate, gear disparity will still be rubbish because ultimate smashes on legendary. People are complaining for good reason..stop using hyperbole like Aly and telling everyone they're "crying" when they're not.

O hey, your back. Haven't quitted yet? Sigh.

O and i'm not sure if you've heard of the thing known as clearing leave in your society but that is a thing here. Its close to year end after all.

Look, I don't care if you are pay to win, if you just give me free transparent scroll to hide my dumb transformations, I will let you kick my ass all day, atleast I will look cool when I die.

Sorry for double post, but I love this game Aion, please just let me look like the character I created for free, and still run and attack just as fast,. That is the reason I play any video game,  if my character looks awesome and he does cool , high speed stuff,  I will like that game..  but it's not awesome for you to force me to look like a stuffed animal just so I can run as fast as I did for 5 years.  Please be nice to your players, not mean.

Archived