Forums

"Cannot Regist Xigncode Module"

GLVanitas-DN

Well the whole title is self explanatory. I've been playing the game for a while, but the last time i played was last week.

I havent installed anything on the computer for about two weeks, so it couldnt be hacking.

I keep getting the error everytime I try to open the game, and Im beginning to wonder why.

Can anyone assist. Ive tried all the "solutions" the internet has provided, even some on this website. Now I've gone to the desperate route of reinstalling the game. will update later on how that goes.

Oh boi this issue is back? I bet you all have windows 10 so the fix is easy: Windows Defender -> App and browser control -> exploit protection settings: set CFG, DEP, SEHOP to OFF by default. reboot your computer. 

I just wonder how can it be back since it was fixed quite some time ago

58 minutes ago, Magistone-KT said:

Oh boi this issue is back? I bet you all have windows 10 so the fix is easy: Windows Defender -> App and browser control -> exploit protection settings: set CFG, DEP, SEHOP to OFF by default. reboot your computer. 

You're literally a godsend. I have tried EVERYTHING. But THIS did it finally for me a day later of researching this issue. Thank you SO FREAKING MUCH! This is the only place I've found this information about it. I'd give you a hug if I could.

• Aion Team

If you're having an issue with XIGNCODE please submit a ticket to our customer support department. They are currently gathering information and working to resolve the issue for everyone. 

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

Do you know what these options do? Windows 10 just randomly updated while i was trying to log in another client and got the error LOL. It fixed the issue.

58 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Do you know what these options do? Windows 10 just randomly updated while i was trying to log in another client and got the error LOL. It fixed the issue.

Exploit protection is part of Windows Defender Exploit Guard. Exploit protection helps protect devices from malware that use exploits to spread and infect. It consists of a number of mitigations that can be applied at either the operating system level, or at the individual app level.

basically w10 addind more "walls" for security , but conflict somehow with xigncode and here we are....it will get fixed eventually (again)

3 hours ago, Xcaret-KT said:

I have the same problem, but what I did to solve this problem was to Turn off all in "Exploit protection". Go to Windows --> Search for "Exploit protection".

that's way too dangerous refer to my post above

5 hours ago, Warlyx-KT said:

renamed it , no longer get the error but the game wont launch :/

renaming is for "game not launching", if you are getting "xigncode error" reffer to my post in this thread which is almost at the top

5 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

I kinda do but right now don't have the time explain sorry, in hurry :) I'll try to get to you later

11 hours ago, Magistone-KT said:

Confirmed. Worked for me. Thanks a lot :)

I too am having this issue :(

So far i've done everything suggested

I've disabled firewall,  no go.  I've edited the settings in windows defender as above,  no go.  I've renamed the aion.bin in the Bin64 folder,  while true it was successful at getting rid of the error the game would not launch at all :(  I've done what the main website said and went into msconfig and disabled all startup items,  no go.  I've tried compatibility mode for windows 8,  no go.  I've tried to run as administrator,  no go. 

While I admit it's been some time since I played Aion i've never had this much trouble getting the game to actually launch :(  I hope they fix it soon!

28 minutes ago, Nasriel-DN said:

I too am having this issue :(

So far i've done everything suggested

I've disabled firewall,  no go.  I've edited the settings in windows defender as above,  no go.  I've renamed the aion.bin in the Bin64 folder,  while true it was successful at getting rid of the error the game would not launch at all :(  I've done what the main website said and went into msconfig and disabled all startup items,  no go.  I've tried compatibility mode for windows 8,  no go.  I've tried to run as administrator,  no go. 

While I admit it's been some time since I played Aion i've never had this much trouble getting the game to actually launch :(  I hope they fix it soon!

Can you describe what "this error" means? since the xigncode and the not launching error are kinda different it would be nice to know what we're dealing with. Just say what happens after pressing the button "play now"

3 minutes ago, Zasvid-KT said:

yeah.. im not gonna mess with my computers security stuff just so this scummy xigncode crap will work correctly. that seems more dangerous than good. i think i'll just uninstall aion again and for good. almost had me coming back, almost.

It's a temporary fix and it does not even affect everybody now... anyway it's your choice.

@Cyan maybe I think what could cause the problem. It seems only new players are affected, ask your development team to make a NEW CLEAN installation of aion on some PC and check the version of Xigncode3 (if it's different from 73480 there's the issue) and please, is it possible to pin this topic? there're like 2 or more other topics covering the same so we don't have 70 topics on this

Btw others, who used the fix I described above, can you tell me what version Xigncode shows you the information bar? (lower right corner, hover with mouse over the white X in blue background and tell me what it says) @EchoingHearts-KT @Strifex-DN

1 hour ago, Zasvid-KT said:

yeah.. im not gonna mess with my computers security stuff just so this scummy xigncode crap will work correctly. that seems more dangerous than good. i think i'll just uninstall aion again and for good. almost had me coming back, almost.

Yeah i agree with you. Some of these so called fixes could create worse issues if not done right or they might not work at all. Pretty lame to have an update and have a useless anti cheat program lock players out of it. You would think it would be number one on their list of bugs but i bet its not.

Archived