Jump to content
5s11D958-DN

rifts and low lvl pvp

Recommended Posts

Bryos-DN   

Sure, lets repeat the same mistakes from the earlier patches. Lets allow griefers to run around killing levelling players. That totally didnt cause the subscription system to fail and force a F2P system.

Well, they did open a new server...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think the rift lvl restrictions do help lower players, but I do know of an instance where lvl 80 players were spotted in Inggison. No idea how they got there, but the person has been identified and is a known active pvper. Curious as to how they got to Inggison because I took my 80 to try to get to Gelk and couldn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maricara-KT said:

Personally I think the rift lvl restrictions do help lower players, but I do know of an instance where lvl 80 players were spotted in Inggison. No idea how they got there, but the person has been identified and is a known active pvper. Curious as to how they got to Inggison because I took my 80 to try to get to Gelk and couldn't.

I haven't checked after 6.0, but before you could walk through silentera canyon and enter the opposite factions area, without any rifts needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in Gelk last week leveling a alt, did a search and there was a total of 4 players on the map. Good luck finding them, have fun knock yourself out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 4:04 PM, Ele-DN said:

Since when did twink pvp have any effect on end game players?

You mean when did twink ganking have any effect on people giving up on the game because they can't do their leveling quests?  See Bryos-DN's reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we'll see too much lower level griefing because, quite frankly, you aren't at a lower level long enough.  You get two or more levels just turning in quests.  Easy to hit 60 in one day.  However, I have been the spectator (a dead spectator) watching a maxed level toon in Enshar killing everyone inside the main starting area.  She just dodged all the guards attacks, so it is happening.

I wouldn't even bother rifting unless you want to see what the opposing lands look like.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2018 at 0:04 AM, Ele-DN said:

Since when did twink pvp have any effect on end game players?

Some people didn't even reach end game because of constant ganging of overgeared twinks back in the days. Twinking was not about low level characters doing pvp between themselves, it was about people intentionally keeping a character low lvl, dressing them from head to toe with the best gear for those levels, and then go to enemy areas and gang people with white or green gear with 1~2 hits. Usually they were either assassins or archers so they could also do this with hide and most importantly when higher level players came to kill them, they even had the audacity to make forum posts complaining.

Also twinking was never removed, because at least up to 5.8 there were rifts to go to enemy areas and still are in Gelkmaros, so you can still twink. What was changed is that you can no longer find low lvl people to gang and pretend twinking is a massively liked thing. Before it was with the fast track server that protected players from twinkers and now it is because you can level up to lvl 80 in one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   
On 12/16/2018 at 9:39 PM, TickleBunny-KT said:

You mean when did twink ganking have any effect on people giving up on the game because they can't do their leveling quests?  See Bryos-DN's reply.

Same thing as players with compensated red gear camping end game instances on certain server almost 24/7 making 20 minute instance run into 1-2 hours?

 

58 minutes ago, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

Some people didn't even reach end game because of constant ganging of overgeared twinks back in the days. Twinking was not about low level characters doing pvp between themselves, it was about people intentionally keeping a character low lvl, dressing them from head to toe with the best gear for those levels, and then go to enemy areas and gang people with white or green gear with 1~2 hits. Usually they were either assassins or archers so they could also do this with hide and most importantly when higher level players came to kill them, they even had the audacity to make forum posts complaining.

Also twinking was never removed, because at least up to 5.8 there were rifts to go to enemy areas and still are in Gelkmaros, so you can still twink. What was changed is that you can no longer find low lvl people to gang and pretend twinking is a massively liked thing. Before it was with the fast track server that protected players from twinkers and now it is because you can level up to lvl 80 in one day.

Twinking died off when dredge,arena queue times took forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ele-DN said:

Twinking died off when dredge,arena queue times took forever.

...is this why every twink kept complaining about Fast Track server? Twinks prayed on under-geared leveling people. When FT was implemented twinks had nobody to pray upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ele-DN   

Not all of them. Any twink that were made after most likely did arenas/dredge and only wanted to fight other twinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Ele-DN said:

Not all of them. Any twink that were made after most likely did arenas/dredge and only wanted to fight other twinks. 

Then nobody killed twinking except twinks themselves, you said it took forever to enter dredgion, doesn't that mean there were not enough twinks to fill the numbers? But even before, there were not enough twinks to make a huge base, the only reason why there were twinks is because low lvl non twinks would apply for dredgion and after that leveling became faster so there were not enough low lvl characters for twinks to play against.

Another thing that killed twinking was when it became too irritating people who were high lvl (I did that too) would patrol low level areas non stop of our side and kill twinks, they would complain but we did the right thing and protect out green gear levelers against abusive twinks. It was like a movement in Siel back, I remember we even knew the twinks by names, they were merely like 10 of them ruining the game.

You can even still twink up to this date, there are two levels that you cannot get past unless you finish a campaign and you can get in rift via gelkmaros/inggison.

Edited by 2s1A07B4-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2018 at 6:19 AM, Viseris-KT said:

I haven't checked after 6.0, but before you could walk through silentera canyon and enter the opposite factions area, without any rifts needed.

Yeah I remember that and I also remember getting killed by the other race multiple times while trying to lvl xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 3:08 AM, Ele-DN said:

Not all of them. Any twink that were made after most likely did arenas/dredge and only wanted to fight other twinks. 

Alright then why don't they still fight other twinks? Why arena and dredgion queue took forever if there were so many twinks and all they wanted was to fight each other?

Because there were never a lot of twinks, the only reason why low lvl arenas and dreg were a thing was because it was hard to level up and that was made harder by twink ganging the levelers, so plenty of low lvls existed. Once leveling became easy and fast, the actual end game players never had to deal with twinks or low level instance queues and that left the twinks by themselves and realized there was no longer an easy pray for them to kill, there were no longer low level people to queue for instances so they can gang them. It was left the twinks only and they realized they were not enough to create a game for them between themselves.

Twinking was never prohibited or nerfed, it is just that real players were actually given the chance to avoid twinks, and thus the twinks had nobody to kill anymore and were left alone!

Edited by 2s1A07B4-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×