Jump to content
Forums

Recommended Posts

Hey people! 

I haven't had the chance to experience the amazingness of the 6.0 patch yet. im having XIGNCODE issues. currently working to get them fixed. lol 

 

but I wanted to know how the PvE in 6.0 is? 

 

how does it differ from 5.0 as far as level progression

what are some of the perks , what are some of the setbacks?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

- Overall it's more about what gear you have than how skilled you are (though knowing the mechanics still matters ofc, but if you run e.g. FM with full legendary gear, you can skip most of the mechanics and just burn the boss)

- DPS is more balanced than it was before. Sin still king (with good transform) followed by Sorc > Gladi > SM (given equal gear and comparable transform)

- Early game (until the other classes catch up on attack speed through ancient transforms) ranger is (a bit) overpowered because of beastial and (perma) mau form

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not impressed by the Lakram map, thought Katalam was better. Lakram is too dark, it's worse than Heiron, on my monitor it's hard to see where you are going, you go up a dead end path and you don't know until hitting the wall. The brightness option doesn't help that much. I liked Eltnen and Theo, you could see where you were going. Illuma was a better map too.

Not much for PvE'rs to do in Larkam, I guess you are meant to spend your time in instances not the open world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Furby-KT said:

Not much for PvE'rs to do in Larkam, I guess you are meant to spend your time in instances not the open world.

You could hunt the <Leader> elite monsters for the new AF crafting materials. There's also the camps (crystals) and random Cubic Lab portal spawns, these are all factors that give the map somewhat more interaction than its 5.x predecessors (which were just about afking in town and taking the flight transport to the instances/poking the zerg outside the main gate).

Lakrum is a step in the right direction, but I'll agree there still are some ways to go before it match Katalam. Map feels too dark, and has too little variety - Elyos side got a beach area but that is about it. Adding new gatherables to the map also would have given it a bit more depth.

To add to OP: Some of each class's HP/MP recovery skills were removed (or partially merged into another skill, but still - you'll have less options than before) so you need to be a bit smarter with your health management now.

Edited by Mirei-KT
Link to post
Share on other sites

The deletion of the Cleric mana skills caught me off guard, but having played it up to L79 so far, I am now pretty comfortable with the change. The lack of a HoT skill is disappointing. Hopefully I will have time on the weekend to explore the changes on the other classes.

Did the Lakram siege today, not bad, overloaded my PC though even with SHIFT+F12

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, YourzTruLee-KT said:

Hey people! 

I haven't had the chance to experience "the amazingness" of the 6.0 patch yet. im having XIGNCODE issues. currently working to get them fixed. lol

Well out of my 11 friends, 7 of them quit already and the rest of us are regarding the same. You will walk around a shared map where some enemies with red gear and imbalanced transformation will kill your whole group and camp the spots you need to farm to get dressed yourself.

This is the game now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, say you're level 70, well great back to Cygnea until 75 - cool, that's fast, you'll be on the new map in no time. Ah, quests to get new gear, excellent - NOT, One exit to the city, might get one easy mob killed before you get mowed down by a fleet of level 80 penguins, mau and polar bears form the opposite faction and, to get the new gear, you have about 80 PvE kills to get done-  oh but that won't happen fast because you spend more time at the soul healer than actually doing the quests in your journal.

 

That said, I made it from 70-80 in under 5 hours but, that's on a SpiritMaster - those spirits are wonderfully OP - my Earth Spirit kills PvE mobs at level with the use of 3 pet skills. All I do is stand back and click the mouse 3 times. And that's the tank spirit, fire is faster. I can stay hidden from the gank crews and, manage to get my quests done to get at least basic gear for PvE and PvP. Now get there and along about 77-78, the gank crew isn't so bad, you have PvP gear, it's that 75-77 that's a bugger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:39 AM, Furby-KT said:

Not impressed by the Lakram map, thought Katalam was better. Lakram is too dark, it's worse than Heiron, on my monitor it's hard to see where you are going, you go up a dead end path and you don't know until hitting the wall. The brightness option doesn't help that much. I liked Eltnen and Theo, you could see where you were going. Illuma was a better map too.

Not much for PvE'rs to do in Larkam, I guess you are meant to spend your time in instances not the open world.

I understand that …

 

I feel like Lakrum is a combination of what Illuma & Norsvold use to be .. haha 

but I mean , don't nyerk Ereshkigal off! lol 

as far as the " colors" go … my screen is just fine . lol I like the open world aspect ! its a great combination of pvpve I really love that actually!

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:11 AM, Mirei-KT said:

You could hunt the <Leader> elite monsters for the new AF crafting materials. There's also the camps (crystals) and random Cubic Lab portal spawns, these are all factors that give the map somewhat more interaction than its 5.x predecessors (which were just about afking in town and taking the flight transport to the instances/poking the zerg outside the main gate).

Lakrum is a step in the right direction, but I'll agree there still are some ways to go before it match Katalam. Map feels too dark, and has too little variety - Elyos side got a beach area but that is about it. Adding new gatherables to the map also would have given it a bit more depth.

To add to OP: Some of each class's HP/MP recovery skills were removed (or partially merged into another skill, but still - you'll have less options than before) so you need to be a bit smarter with your health management now.

The <Leader> elites are like .. what PRIMORDIALS use to be! innit? idk .. hahaha

 

but yeah Lakrum is for sure a step in the right direction lol. I guess its honestly based more off the lore ? im not sure . but that could be why it is the way it is. :P whos to say 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Well out of my 11 friends, 7 of them quit already and the rest of us are regarding the same. You will walk around a shared map where some enemies with red gear and imbalanced transformation will kill your whole group and camp the spots you need to farm to get dressed yourself.

This is the game now.

BWAHAHAHA! I know the feels, man. it is a little .. ummm .. idk even know the appropriate word and or phrase to use lol.. but it is a bit , "Sour" haha . it looks sweet , smells like it would make sense but the taste is just not as ripe as you think. Im sure its just a way to do one huge social group test and then boom! 6.5 comes out and they fix the minor issues that we have now. so even though its a bit rough now , im sure they are looking for some decent sandpaper to smooth it all out xD 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 0:21 AM, Kailor-DN said:

Yep, say you're level 70, well great back to Cygnea until 75 - cool, that's fast, you'll be on the new map in no time. Ah, quests to get new gear, excellent - NOT, One exit to the city, might get one easy mob killed before you get mowed down by a fleet of level 80 penguins, mau and polar bears form the opposite faction and, to get the new gear, you have about 80 PvE kills to get done-  oh but that won't happen fast because you spend more time at the soul healer than actually doing the quests in your journal.

 

That said, I made it from 70-80 in under 5 hours but, that's on a SpiritMaster - those spirits are wonderfully OP - my Earth Spirit kills PvE mobs at level with the use of 3 pet skills. All I do is stand back and click the mouse 3 times. And that's the tank spirit, fire is faster. I can stay hidden from the gank crews and, manage to get my quests done to get at least basic gear for PvE and PvP. Now get there and along about 77-78, the gank crew isn't so bad, you have PvP gear, it's that 75-77 that's a bugger.

About the soul healer thing, I feel you on that. 

its crazy how strong these MOBS TRULEE < see what I did there ;) :::: ARE. we get to witness a HUGE power gain in PVE on the MOBS side of things. That would explain the gear shift. 

gear is another story , for another topic, for another time xD haha. 

 

Anyway … I was lvl 72 when the world ended and I went from 72 to 75 in about an hour lol then the next day I went from 75 to 79 in about 3 hours ( I was just nyerking around a while) and then I got lvl 80 the following morning. so yeah , a little under 5 hours doing Yellow and a few blues will do it . haha . You gotta love the EXP but wonder .. at what cost! lol.

 

the experience ( in general ) has been good! it is what I was hoping it would be however , ofc, it would always and probably will get better as time progresses as of now .. its like a new phone that comes out. give it to the people let them play with it and find problems … we fix these issues and then give them blah blah blah X.0 lol and then they are happy again. 

so in time we will see how things play out. :D 

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:56 AM, Furby-KT said:

The deletion of the Cleric mana skills caught me off guard, but having played it up to L79 so far, I am now pretty comfortable with the change. The lack of a HoT skill is disappointing. Hopefully I will have time on the weekend to explore the changes on the other classes.

Did the Lakram siege today, not bad, overloaded my PC though even with SHIFT+F12

 

I feels you. like I said in another post. I feel like the Ranger kina died as a solo class. its more of a Group class now haha . but im still kind of new and exploring different things so we will see! haha 

 

Lakrum … boy , this place is bitter sweet! haha . I cant help but hate that I love it xD 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...