Ranger 6.2 Stigmas/Manastones

MayBlue-DN

Howdy,

Not sure what the best way to go will be for Stigmas and Manastones, so please Rangers, let us know what you have tried and if it's better/worse or the the same.

Thank-you for input. General answer to what is best is, "Depends on your style of play."

1. [item:140001172] Agonizing Arrow for the debuff that lowers healing. Does not root us, so that's cool.
  2. [item:140001155] Hunter's Might, [item:140001158] Sharpen Arrows.
  3. [item:140001171] Arrow Deluge, [item:140001165] Blazing Trap, [item:140001160] Trap of Slowing, [item:140001163] Skybound Trap, [item:140001162] Dilation Arrow
  • Hunters's Might + Seizure Arrow heals well.
  • I tried Focused Shots: it is a little slow to cast and having to use it after every 5 shots was getting tedious. I'd rather just toggle Sharpen Arrows and not have to worry about it.
  • We get 2 of the 3 from Dodging/Focused Shots/Strong Shots, so if we use Focused Shots then we get only one of Dodging/Strong Shots. (If we have 2 on the 3rd cast removes the first one we had cast.) Strong Shots + Devotion + Sharpen Arrows is doing enough damage for now.
  • I'm not sure I'll stay with Skybound, but I'm using it for now, because it's fun. I may switch that to Nature's Resolve.

As of the time of this posting, I have not tested any Manastone builds yet. But I think the first slot in everything will be HP because it acts as a defense for both magic and physical attacks.

MayBlue

Ive been running

Agonizing Arrow 

Lethal Arrow  Sharpen Arrow

Focused Shots Natures Resolve Dilation Arrow

Skybound and Deluge

Can now cast Lethal while moving and it gives you a second shot that can't miss. Not to mention it is a hard hitting skill. Focused shots has always been a little tedious, but it is the one skill I never take out of my stigma slot no matter what.  Plus the defense reduction is pretty much nothing so keeping it up in any situation is invaluable.  I don't have much experience with Hunters might.  I suppose with the new Daeva skills from rupture you could get some crazy string of crits and some interesting combos. Only thing keeping me from trying it is the long CD. If it were more like 30 seconds I could really put it to use. From what I have heard from EU server crit is going to very beneficial to every class.  Don't know if HP/defence is going to be our thing anymore.. Which is so weird because for so long a huge HP pool has been beneficial. Which brings up something I was stuggling to figure out the past couple days... Was wondering which PVP set was more useful the inquisitor or the vindicator.  After looking at the gear extensively I could clearly see that vindicator is a tanking set and has things like shield defense and stats that don't apply to us.  Seems the ranger is more suited to an evasion/resist class? Although not really 100% on that one as I can't find any conversations on it.  Although HP could make a tanky kind of ranger I don't think we are going to see as much benefit as in the past. 

I'm stuck with Lightning Arrow build since theres no way to get stigmas anymore and it's what I used to run for pretty much everything. Looks like some skills have changed and the Agonizing Arrow build is now quite good, but I don't mind LA too much :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I am no longer using Hunters Might (too long a CD) and Sharpen Arrows (increase in attack is too small) instead:

Gale Arrow and Lethal Arrow

Blazing Trap got nerfed big time. In 5.8 it did good damage. in 6.2 it does almost nothing.

I let Focused Shots go. (Too long to cast, and I do not like to be rooted.)

Stigma Build may change again after I get better gear.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 4:24 PM, MayBlue-DN said:

Update:

I am no longer using Hunters Might (too long a CD) and Sharpen Arrows (increase in attack is too small) instead:

Gale Arrow and Lethal Arrow

Blazing Trap got nerfed big time. In 5.8 it did good damage. in 6.2 it does almost nothing.

I let Focused Shots go. (Too long to cast, and I do not like to be rooted.)

Stigma Build may change again after I get better gear.

Jump cast it, and use an instant skill as you land, and you'll never be rooted. You also gain the dmg modifier for moving forward on your very next skill

Archived