What Do You Do In 6.2

Joe-DN

Hey all...

This post isn't meant to be negative, it is more one of confusion. I got to level 80 last night and then I was walking around thinking... wait a sec... what exactly am I supposed to do each day/week in 6.2?

They removed all but 4 or 5 group instances and 1 or 2 solo instances (at endgame) and there are only 2 forts to siege each week, I'm just not sure what the main stuff is to do on a day to day basis. 

We have these revised blood mark type quests (genesis marks or something?) out in Lakrum at the artifacts, but I knocked out most of those in an hour or two. I guess you can run a dredgion here or there for some AP?

Maybe some of you that have been playing 6.2 on the other region servers could give me a better idea --

What is it that people end up doing each day once they run through the couple hours of content each week?

There are also weekly 20-mob-kill quests, Joe. You get them at the base in front of the fort. Those are 4x repeatables each week.

You have Elyos kills quests and ofc the ever-popular running around and just PvPing.

Make sure that you at the very least do all your Cubic runs on as many characters on your account as possible. Like with transform contracts, opening cubic skills is account wide.

It's important to do your dredg and ID runs, ofc. They give the things you need to purify your armor as well as PvP enchantment stones.

You can farm the mats you need to get your aetherforging up. Being able to craft the gear there will give you a steady supply of things you need to upgrade your armor sets.

Make sure you to run all of your instances each week as you have a chance of getting your Daevean skills from them and those are rather important. You know Aion! They like to motivate even PvPers to PvE. Also, the Pumpkin Event gives nice things. Another reason to hop into instances.

Luna is much more valuable now since you can craft things you actually need.. like those kick-butt new power shards. So make sure to do your daily and weekly luna.

And ofc, there are 5 days each week with sieges, which you mentioned.

I am sure I am missing some. My brain is on overload right now.

Ok thanks for the replies. 

Im too nostalgic, I need to let go of the past.

The time for is over for things like Padmarashka and Abyssal Splinter, weekend Theobomos raids, Dark Poeta, Sulfur Fort capture and instance, Siel's East and West captures and instances, Asteria and Roah captures and instances, Kysis, Miren, and Krotan captures and instances, daily Gelk/Ingisson raids, Tiamaranta and Tiamaranta Eye pvp zone, the daily four Heart fortress battles, Esoterrace, Danaria and Katalam PVP and Silona, Sillus, and Pradeth captures and instances, Eternal Bastion, Ophidan Bridge and Kamar Battlefield pvpve, Idian Depths pvp and instances, Glory PVP arenas, Iluma and Norsvold pvp, Invasion boss spawns and corresponding open world alliance pvp, etc

Its a new world! A small one to be sure, but maybe one we can all make a home in

I have exactly the same feeling, and i don't think it's a nostalgic thing, the content has been drastically reduced and the game mechanics have been thinned to something real boring. The maps got cut to like.. 4? There are no named bosses that pose a real threat in them, there are like 1/10 of the instances there were before, the exp rate is retarded, you get to 80 in like 2 hours, not mentioning that the main quest gives you hi-end equipment.

I'm not sure what's the point of this game anymore.. there are like 1000 lvl 80 people standing in Lakrum all day doing nothing.

2 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

I have exactly the same feeling, and i don't think it's a nostalgic thing, the content has been drastically reduced and the game mechanics have been thinned to something real boring. The maps got cut to like.. 4? There are no named bosses that pose a real threat in them, there are like 1/10 of the instances there were before, the exp rate is retarded, you get to 80 in like 2 hours, not mentioning that the main quest gives you hi-end equipment.

I'm not sure what's the point of this game anymore.. there are like 1000 lvl 80 people standing in Lakrum all day doing nothing.

Aion 2 was in fact developed and launched (in Australia.) Turns out it was a mobile game. The reason I bring this up is because I've seen mobile games with more content than this game has now. It hardly even feels like Aion anymore. So much is gone the game has lost its soul and everything that made it unique.

17 hours ago, Joe-DN said:

Hey all...

This post isn't meant to be negative, it is more one of confusion. I got to level 80 last night and then I was walking around thinking... wait a sec... what exactly am I supposed to do each day/week in 6.2?

They removed all but 4 or 5 group instances and 1 or 2 solo instances (at endgame) and there are only 2 forts to siege each week, I'm just not sure what the main stuff is to do on a day to day basis. 

We have these revised blood mark type quests (genesis marks or something?) out in Lakrum at the artifacts, but I knocked out most of those in an hour or two. I guess you can run a dredgion here or there for some AP?

Maybe some of you that have been playing 6.2 on the other region servers could give me a better idea --

What is it that people end up doing each day once they run through the couple hours of content each week?

Artifact quests. Put all the PvE group instances on cd (CoE + the 6-man instances). Dredge+IDL every day. PvE solo instances like Crucible Spire. Siege if I happen to be on at that time. And of course Luna daily+weekly.

Uhhh I'm not sure what else. But these are the things I'm aiming to do every week.

11 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

I'm not complaining about how fast it is to reach 80. I'm completely ok with that especially after how hard it was to reach 75 in 5.X. And unless I'm missing something, the main quest does not give "hi-end" equipment at all lol. I'm wearing quest gear (Lakrum Scout+Lakrum Protector) and getting nyerked in every pvp encounter (harder than I was getting nyerked in 5.8 which is saying something because 5.8 pvp was anything but fair) by opponents literally doing 10x (or more) of my damage per attack/skill on top of them having way more attack and movement speed. And I haven't been impressed with my pve dps either.

I agree that it feels like there's less to do overall though. Fewer regions; fewer instances. And many players don't even have enough gear to attempt instances like Frozen Monolith yet. I tried COE today and that was already tough for my +0 quest gear. And I'm starting to see groups now needing at least +10 gear for FM. Guess it'll be awhile before I can try the other endgame instances.

And gear gap in pvp is no better than it was in 5.8 so nyerk pvping.

It's really bad when 6.2 makes me miss 5.8 because 5.8 (well all of 5.X) was awful.

8 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Aion was always about PvP. That was the end game.

Unfortunately, Aion is usually about unfair-as-nyerk pvp and has only gotten worse with time. Sure, pvp is the end game, but when the gear gap becomes insurmountable with skill (which it has for a while now), there's no excitement anymore. In 4.X, Bloodmark gear players posed a much larger threat to players in 65 Aug than their counterparts in 5.X and 6.2. I enjoy fair pvp but like many other players, I'm finding myself afking more often between pveing because the only pvp I seem to find is uncompetitive.

18 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

That's completely false, MMORPGS don't force you to do anything, that's the concept on an rpg. If that was the point, the game would be only one room for all players, all will start in level 80, and there will be nothing else to do other than hit everyone that stands in front of you.

IMHO, this patch sucks in every single possible way:

- The maps were capped to a bare minimum, the exp progression is totally broken and it's there just to call it "an rpg", because leveling is not even a topic anymore (yday i logged my lvl 20 glad, got an automatic quest when i had to speak to 3 npcs and the exp took me to lvl 34 xD). 99% of the server is standing at the city in Lakrum, doing NOTHING. Cygnea, Heiron, etc are totally useless once you reach 80.

- There are no daily quests other than Luna, which is done in 5 minutes, all the Lakrum weekly quests altogether are done in a couple hours with all their respective repetitions.

- There is not a single reliable way of making kinah in the entire game. Only way to make a insignificant profit is selling rubbish items which gives you barely 500k per day if you are really lucky.

And a looong etc., the amount of content the game just lost is huge. In my opinion, this patch is a complete regression...

And you are wrong. Aion has always forced players to do things they may not want to do. PvPers were forced to PvE to get what they need. PvEers were forced to PvP to get to their instances. Everyone was forced to craft in the past. 

You can make claims for all MMORPGs all you like, but that has never been the case with Aion.

You are wrong dude, 5.8 didn't force you to do anything, forcing you would have been disabling pvp in every map so there was NO PVP which is not the case. If you wanna pvp, you can pvp all day long, you could do that in 5.8 and now, but why the hell you had to remove 99% of the pve options?

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

And you are wrong. Aion has always forced players to do things they may not want to do. PvPers were forced to PvE to get what they need. PvEers were forced to PvP to get to their instances. Everyone was forced to craft in the past. 

You can make claims for all MMORPGs all you like, but that has never been the case with Aion.

Untrue. I still remember when the only PvP gear were the green, blue, and gold abyss gears in Reshanta and while they gave you an edge you could still compete with random PvE gear of decent quality if slotted correctly. My glad back then could 1v1 just about anyone that wasn't a ranger, as long as he was wearing gold gear slotted with parry. The best way to get the gear was through PvP because you needed abyss points and they were much harder to obtain. Flight teleporters and frequent guard checkpoints and patrols also served as a buffer for PvE players against the roving gankers. You also had entire groups of players patrolling the regions and hunting invading rifters.

Now if you're talking more recently? Being forced to PvP to get the instances is nothing I have ever experienced and while there are PvE options to obtain PvP gear the abyss point gear was still the best you could get. This game has always given options even if some were more mediocre than others. As for crafting? That was never a requirement for anything. There was some damn good stuff available if you put in the effort and got lucky with RNG procs but there was other stuff you could obtain that was just as good or better without crafting which is why so many people abandoned it. It was only ever really good for potions and food.

I have to ask, how long have you been playing Aion? You speak a lot about how things used to be but so many of your posts are far from how it actually was at launch and for some time after.

I had to log in to these forums after years just to reply about a veteran.  Jagblade, I recall everything you are talking about.  Grinding in the Abyss to get AP just to get facerolled by those with absolute PVP gear. Even the twinks! Damn those twinks. I was a casual player due to work schedule, and kids, in a regular legion. I could not put in the amount of hours required to obtain that much AP and thus, I had multiple sets of PVE gear slotted with stones to bring the fight to them. Rifting, holy crap that was fun. The real rifting where you spent hours running around trying to find the best spot to obelisk to PVP and get AP. But you are exactly right,  Aion did eventually move some instances for each side to do what they didn't want to.  Some wanted to only PVE and craft, others crafted to make money to PVP. You used to be able to just LFG for instances and run them to get the gear you needed. I think a large group entered around 4.0ish and are still active. Those of us before that, are very rare. I think he is referring to the fact that your Alliance was in PVP hell and too many legions just destroyed those alliances.  Even regular groups logging out of the game at the entrance until everyone was there.  You couldn't roll solo to the entrance. 

My RNG was the worst in the game and remember running Fire Temple or Theo Labs 100s' of times to get drops. We will never have Steel Rake, Adma, Dark Poeta!!!,  Esoterrace, Lower Udas, and Besh Temple. Hell I never got a single fabled weapon drop from any instance until Triroans staff! I mean, those were the classics where you didn't have to have a Legion of beyond skilled players and geared out to the max to beat.  It just took you a few hours of your time to complete.  If you failed, you had on average two to five runs a day or get a reset scroll. But it enabled people who couldn't play everyday an opportunity to catch up and network amongst the community when LFG.  

I didn't care that the other guy ran those over and over every day, because it really didn't do him anything.  He had to move on and pursue AP versus us obtaining PVE gear.  Hell, I had Blood Mark gear pimped out and held my own because I learned how to play my class versus relying on true PVP gear. I can honestly say I stopped playing, as did a huge majority of my friends/legion, once GP took control and it became a P2W system. FYI, I have five geared toons at 65 for PVE (three for PVP) and was able to log in for whatever a group needed.  Need to help carry a couple guys/girls to get some gear? Let's roll out.  It was still fun, but eventually went downhill.  Maybe what was previously said is right. Maybe we just need to let go, but I can't help to want the old Team Speak or Ventrillo nights of fun just running instances.  I can't remember exactly when I walked away, but I know a break took place January 2016 at BnS launch and there were so many ridiculous instances all over the place and retarded scheduling times. Fighting for AP, GP, coins, marks, etc. Off the chain and too much to compete. 

I thought I might check out 6.2 now, but it does not look promising. STRIVE for life.

20 minutes ago, TheDoughnut-KT said:

I had to log in to these forums after years just to reply about a veteran.  Jagblade, I recall everything you are talking about.  Grinding in the Abyss to get AP just to get facerolled by those with absolute PVP gear. Even the twinks! Damn those twinks. I was a casual player due to work schedule, and kids, in a regular legion. I could not put in the amount of hours required to obtain that much AP and thus, I had multiple sets of PVE gear slotted with stones to bring the fight to them. Rifting, holy crap that was fun. The real rifting where you spent hours running around trying to find the best spot to obelisk to PVP and get AP. But you are exactly right,  Aion did eventually move some instances for each side to do what they didn't want to.  Some wanted to only PVE and craft, others crafted to make money to PVP. You used to be able to just LFG for instances and run them to get the gear you needed. I think a large group entered around 4.0ish and are still active. Those of us before that, are very rare. I think he is referring to the fact that your Alliance was in PVP hell and too many legions just destroyed those alliances.  Even regular groups logging out of the game at the entrance until everyone was there.  You couldn't roll solo to the entrance. 

My RNG was the worst in the game and remember running Fire Temple or Theo Labs 100s' of times to get drops. We will never have Steel Rake, Adma, Dark Poeta!!!,  Esoterrace, Lower Udas, and Besh Temple. Hell I never got a single fabled weapon drop from any instance until Triroans staff! I mean, those were the classics where you didn't have to have a Legion of beyond skilled players and geared out to the max to beat.  It just took you a few hours of your time to complete.  If you failed, you had on average two to five runs a day or get a reset scroll. But it enabled people who couldn't play everyday an opportunity to catch up and network amongst the community when LFG.  

I didn't care that the other guy ran those over and over every day, because it really didn't do him anything.  He had to move on and pursue AP versus us obtaining PVE gear.  Hell, I had Blood Mark gear pimped out and held my own because I learned how to play my class versus relying on true PVP gear. I can honestly say I stopped playing, as did a huge majority of my friends/legion, once GP took control and it became a P2W system. FYI, I have five geared toons at 65 for PVE (three for PVP) and was able to log in for whatever a group needed.  Need to help carry a couple guys/girls to get some gear? Let's roll out.  It was still fun, but eventually went downhill.  Maybe what was previously said is right. Maybe we just need to let go, but I can't help to want the old Team Speak or Ventrillo nights of fun just running instances.  I can't remember exactly when I walked away, but I know a break took place January 2016 at BnS launch and there were so many ridiculous instances all over the place and retarded scheduling times. Fighting for AP, GP, coins, marks, etc. Off the chain and too much to compete. 

I thought I might check out 6.2 now, but it does not look promising. STRIVE for life.

Don't even get me started on the level 50 twinks. I pretty much just rolled over when one of those guys showed up even when I was a higher level, their gear was perfected for their craft.  Things were difficult in those days, but it was fun. There was a sense of adventure and accomplishment, every night was a fight and a party with your friends. I still remember my legion's weekly Esoterrace runs to feed members AP. I remember busting our nyerk to get a group through Tlabs but recently was able to just two-man the whole thing with no issue. I've sat here watching the game go more and more downhill since around 3.0 or so. Everything became just one gear treadmill after another but with some close friends it could be tolerated and even enjoyed for a time.

Feels like all of that is gone now. It's just the treadmill with absolutely no redeeming features now.

P.S. - I never managed to get one of those fancy extending poleaxes when they were all the rage.

i was a lvl 30 assassin twink... came back recently {a week before 6.2) and first thing i did was use up the AP i had on my SM (was a high rank) to buy up all 40e  gear for the sin since  lvling from 34-40 would be a breeze... only to then find out 6.2 coming  and everything i had would be obsolete and low lvl rifts removed..

so now im looking at my 40 sin, there with nothing to do... and all the wasted AP to get the full 40e gear thats useless now...

6 minutes ago, 5s11D958-DN said:

i was a lvl 30 assassin twink... came back recently {a week before 6.2) and first thing i did was use up the AP i had on my SM (was a high rank) to buy up all 40e  gear for the sin since  lvling from 34-40 would be a breeze... only to then find out 6.2 coming  and everything i had would be obsolete and low lvl rifts removed..

so now im looking at my 40 sin, there with nothing to do... and all the wasted AP to get the full 40e gear thats useless now...

Not going to lie. This made me smile.

tenor.gif?itemid=5108830

17 hours ago, 5s11D958-DN said:

Even without the 6.2, your 40e would have been useless in 5.8, thanks to that stupid Fledgling gear that destroyed any reason to do group instances <65. Even if it' was a PvE set, it was much much better than the abyss set of the same level (55). Also no low-lv rifts as you noticed and no more arena at lv50 (and last time that I tried to queue for a dredgion 50, I gave up after waiting more than 1 hour).

Yeah, bitter smile for me as well, reading your post, I'm sorry. On the other hand, 6.2 should give you a lot of AP, so it's not a huge waste.

The thing that saddens me atm, is that I don't find much to do with my undergeared mates (as I am), since there are just 1-2  6-man PvE instances doable. Not much, compared to before. A bit boring.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:36 PM, Aly-DN said:

Not for me. I loved Aion for its once rich story content and the fact I had wings and could fly (Yes, I'm one of those that avoided all of you PVPers in the Abyss and Norvisfold - spelling may be off not sure - ) And since I could out fly most ppl in game avoiding the PVP wasn't much of an issue.

I'm not as alone in being into Aion's story as y'all might think either. There were many of us and now I'm having a hard time just finding things to do to get from level 67 or 70 to level 80 so I can even go to Lakrum. Before 6.2 I always had side quests and my Prestige stuff to do. Now I just basically flutter around Enshar for a bit until I get bored and then sign off the game because I have nothing to do. It's sad really.

I certainly hope that in the future they plan to add more content and especially more maps. I'm holding out for that hope because  as it is now,.....well, enough said...

All it is going to take is for me to find another game with the feel of what  Aion once was that I can sprout wings and fly in to come out for me to Fly away from a game I've  played and loved for 10 years.........

OK, I'm ready for all the derogatory comments I'm gonna get from this post now. Make me laugh y'all.

3 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

^^^^^^^^Don't know what this was about^^^^^^^^^^^^

15 minutes ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Not for me. I loved Aion for its once rich story content and the fact I had wings and could fly (Yes, I'm one of those that avoided all of you PVPers in the Abyss and Norvisfold - spelling may be off not sure - ) And since I could out fly most ppl in game avoiding the PVP wasn't much of an issue.

I'm not as alone in being into Aion's story as y'all might think either. There were many of us and now I'm having a hard time just finding things to do to get from level 67 or 70 to level 80 so I can even go to Lakrum. Before 6.2 I always had side quests and my Prestige stuff to do. Now I just basically flutter around Enshar for a bit until I get bored and then sign off the game because I have nothing to do. It's sad really.

I certainly hope that in the future they plan to add more content and especially more maps. I'm holding out for that hope because  as it is now,.....well, enough said...

All it is going to take is for me to find another game with the feel of what  Aion once was that I can sprout wings and fly in to come out for me to Fly away from a game I've  played and loved for 10 years.........

OK, I'm ready for all the derogatory comments I'm gonna get from this post now. Make me laugh y'all.

I agree with you.  I loved the story and being lousy at PvP I loved the PvE.  The sides stories all of it.  I was in beta all the way up to yesterday.  An army of alts that are pretty useless now - but is was great fun!  Never reached a max level but play all the classes.  Oh well I have GW1 and 2 and in 2 do the story line get a griffon that flies.  So there's other stuff to do. Will I miss Aion  yes but life goes on.  

@Aieryn-DN.. the key words to your post are "not for me". And that's cool. I remember someone at launch and for the first few years that -only- crafted. She gathered. She crafted. And that's it. She didn't run instances. She didn't PvP. She just crafted.. all day long. The thing about her was that she recognized that the game was developed as a PvEvP game. If she got ganked, she shrugged it off and went to do something else until it was safer to return to where she was gathering. She didn't demand that the game design change for her. At some point, I am sure she left for other games where I am sure she is crafting away.

There is a difference between someone that recognizes that they aren't playing the game as designed, but rather the way they chose, and someone that demands that the game design change to accommodate them personally. They recognize that they are missing out on parts of the game or that they might struggle for not playing the full game or that the game design might encroach on their personal desires on how to play the game. They don't flail around crying. This goes for strict PvEers who cry about being "forced" to PvP and for strict PvPers who cry about being "forced" to PvE.

This patch seems to be making a firm distinction between PvE and PvP, so it is a bit better for those who only want to PvP. But the strict PvEers are still, as they always have, are having to contend with PvP in order to get to their instances. This is the game we are presented. This is what the devs want. Ofc we can have opinions, but recognize that everyone isn't you and coming to the forums to demand things change just for you is annoyingly snowflake.

I think a big problem here is that some players are expecting to "beat the game" in less than a week since launch.

We have a legion mate that is blinded trying to get the proc of the ancient crafted gear and expecting to get a proc at first tries, he also wants to beat FM, BoS, PF and DD with a gear that is mostly exchanged ancient +5 with quest gear and just complains he lacks both dps and resistances to not get one shot'd.

Another legion mate told him in discord "the problem is that you wanna get endgame gear in less than a week" and he just get angry and logged out.

He's still playing and keep yelling "game is p2w, asmos gets benefits, I have np gear yadayadayada".

Meanwhile the rest of legion is collecting gear, ap, mats and stuff to progress as intended.

33 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

@Aieryn-DN.. the key words to your post are "not for me". And that's cool. I remember someone at launch and for the first few years that -only- crafted. She gathered. She crafted. And that's it. She didn't run instances. She didn't PvP. She just crafted.. all day long. The thing about her was that she recognized that the game was developed as a PvEvP game. If she got ganked, she shrugged it off and went to do something else until it was safer to return to where she was gathering. She didn't demand that the game design change for her. At some point, I am sure she left for other games where I am sure she is crafting away.

There is a difference between someone that recognizes that they aren't playing the game as designed, but rather the way they chose, and someone that demands that the game design change to accommodate them personally. They recognize that they are missing out on parts of the game or that they might struggle for not playing the full game or that the game design might encroach on their personal desires on how to play the game. They don't flail around crying. This goes for strict PvEers who cry about being "forced" to PvP and for strict PvPers who cry about being "forced" to PvE.

This patch seems to be making a firm distinction between PvE and PvP, so it is a bit better for those who only want to PvP. But the strict PvEers are still, as they always have, are having to contend with PvP in order to get to their instances. This is the game we are presented. This is what the devs want. Ofc we can have opinions, but recognize that everyone isn't you and coming to the forums to demand things change just for you is annoyingly snowflake.

The point I was trying to make was just that. I'm like  your crafter friend was. There were many times and many places that I just had to wait til it was safer to go do my quests. I have no problem with that. My problem with the way the game is now is lack of content. I don't have those side quests or my daily quests (Prestige) to do anymore.

You like PVP and I respect that.

To be honest tho in the Abyss I actually had fun taunting then avoiding the PVPers (I'm just real good at Flying) but I didn't do this all the time out of respect for their gaming experience.

The lack of choices and lack of content are my main issues with Aion as it is now. I'm holding out for them to hopefully add more content and maps in the future for I realize this patch was just released, and that there probably will be more to come and be added to it.

Archived