Suggestions to improve

Kubei-DN

Let's be real here, ain't nobody gonna sugarcoat the various things that are wrong in the patch. It can be improved, but don't expect any sort of success in the long run if this gets ignored.

• Transparent Transformation Scrolls → This shouldn't be a luxury. While it's cool to have them in BCM as an optional thing, to have them only in Luna and BCM is an awful move. Those are available in every region for gold ingots in Gold Sand Traders. No one's gonna play the game if they're forced to look like a furry.
  • Increase kinah in quests → This is mostly for new/returning players and I'm sure they're struggling at certain parts. Just because leveling is fast, doesn't mean the gain is as well. I suggest increase that to a higher amount so players don't find themselves stranded or stuck in areas or moments due to lack of kinah. We know kinah isn't tradeable, so increasing it in early levels or quests won't hurt. At all.
  • Shards → I don't understand why this isn't available in GST again. This is part of 6.2 patch, it drops in game, but you can't get it anywhere else (except Luna) which doesn't make sense. Feels like we got 6.0 + bits and pieces of 6.2. Those are available for kinah in GST.
  • Remove cloth/leather/chain/plate restrictions on older gear → I'm mostly talking about gears from 5.8 or earlier (eternal, mythic, etc). While the new grades don't need that, I believe the older ones should have that restriction removed for skin purposes.
  • Allow trading of skins → I'm mainly talking about skins you get at early levels, like Haramel, Bakarma or even Tiamat Stronghold. Those are Common grade items, they don't need to be put on broker, but I suggest they should be account tradeable at least. Remove the restrictions as mentioned on the point above.
  • Increase availability of Transformation Contracts in game → While we all know this is the new hot thing since the Minions in 5.x, again, limiting the availability of this in game will eventually be disastrous in the long run. Minions were so OP in 5.x patch it broke the game, let's not make the same mistake twice. I like the fact we can get an Ancient Transformation Contract from the current event, but I do hope for more possibilities. 
  • Decrease Broker fees → Those fees are insane, especially for non-veterans. I suggest either decreasing those fees or bring back the 5.x broker style.
  • Decrease price for inventory expansion + warehouse → Just because things are limited, doesn't mean people won't run out of space. The prices for those are horrendous, and should be put back to the way we had before the patch.

Leave your suggestions and let's hope @Cyan can forward this as soon as possible.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, especially on transformations, Just give me scrolls, even if it's a class based scroll that comes in three grades, 1 - lowest boosts, 2 - mid boosts, 3- best boosts of transforms for my class but NO TRANSFORMATION.

Make more things brokerable - this is stupid not being able to broker or, in many cases, even NPC (Vendor) items you can't or don't want to use. At east et me broker those stupid transformations and skins - why force us to destroy what could be valuable items to someone else?

So far I am enjoying the patch, but there are definitely some things that can be improved upon. I think Kubei’s points hit the nail on the head. I’d like to see this patch maintain some players, but I’m concerned it won’t do so if things aren’t changed. 

@Cyan, thanks for being so interactive with us, by the way. I’m sure you’re all stressed, but you’ve taken the time to communicate well.:)

On 10/27/2018 at 8:20 PM, Haldana-DN said:

So far I am enjoying the patch, but there are definitely some things that can be improved upon. I think Kubei’s points hit the nail on the head. I’d like to see this patch maintain some players, but I’m concerned it won’t do so if things aren’t changed. 

@Cyan, thanks for being so interactive with us, by the way. I’m sure you’re all stressed, but you’ve taken the time to communicate well.:)

Cyan needs a medal for handling the forums like a boss, tbh. One thing I like here is that we don't get censored for speaking our negative opinions regarding the game or the company. I know a place where they do that.

Agreed with most of the first post. Two things I'd prioritize especially are the broker fees and current restrictions on "skins" (have to be within 10 levels of the instance to loot, non-trade, only once to remodel etc).

I also feel kinah needs to be make trade-able again, even if only via your account warehouse. A player who plays more/invests a lot of time, for instance, should have a somewhat easier time with alts instead of having to start from 0.

I would make a "radical" suggestion:

- Remove the level-difference drop restriction.

There are barely 4 maps, and with the ridiculously few ways of making kinah, it would be a help to profit a bit and to even the load of people in the maps (other than 1000000 players standing in Lakrum all day). I would really like to see what the Staff thinks of this.

And that also would help the ones that want a little more versatility in the pve options.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

What is the broker fee issue? Is it costing more to list items then you make from items?

5.X Broker was  like 0.1% fee to post an item and  5% tax when you sell it

6.X Broker fee es around 4% to post an item and 10% tax when you sell it.

Laughed and cryed the other day when I saw someone in broker post a skin for 5 B

so you have to very careful around broker playing sleepy can be deadly i used to store all my kinah in the warehouse to avoid buying  or posting thing by misake.

@Indoraptor-DN  you can get Shard Bundles randomly at Luna Daily Craft

https://aioncodex.com/us/item/188071083/

i remember a poor guy in 3.X times (same broker system than 6.X) trying to sell some Power Shards to make a little kinah he intended to put the 10.000 shard bulk for only 1 M but got confused and posted 1M each.   10.000 x 1.000.000 =  10.000.000.000 .  He was trying to gain a crappy 1M but he lost 400M in the process  (i probably still have that screenshoted somewhere >_<)

48 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

i remember a poor guy in 3.X times (same broker system than 6.X) trying to sell some Power Shards to make a little kinah he intended to put the 10.000 shard bulk for only 1 M but got confused and posted 1M each.   10.000 x 1.000.000 =  10.000.000.000 .  He was trying to gain a crappy 1M but he lost 400M in the process  (i probably still have that screenshoted somewhere >_<)

That's like the reality now, that deal would be life saving now =/

Lets keep the negativity back from this thread at least ok. I've seen enough cancer and QQ on the forums a week before patch till now.

@Cyan Another suggestion to add is that the game give more ways to drop legendary stones both pvp and pve. Ancient enchantment stones are abundant yes but their enchant rates kinda suck after ancient +12 (at least thats what I personally think). Even with the 6.5 enchantment rates, I probably won't feel any safer enchanting with ancient stones.

Also, why is it that things like enchant stones are unbrokerable? I find it weird. Or is it only for some stones as I've seen some on broker.

3 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

I would make a "radical" suggestion:

- Remove the level-difference drop restriction.

There are barely 4 maps, and with the ridiculously few ways of making kinah, it would be a help to profit a bit and to even the load of people in the maps (other than 1000000 players standing in Lakrum all day). I would really like to see what the Staff thinks of this.

And that also would help the ones that want a little more versatility in the pve options.

I agree, I would love to farm the earlier level dungeons and mobs for skins but I can't due to 10 level limit, they won't drop for me anymore.

Of all the suggestion, I think those are the more criticals, since they just opened a new server LOL. Also, Im just lvled an alt on the same acc, and since the kinnah is untradeable, I saw myself at lvl80 with no kinnah to even open more slots an warehouse.. neither to buy transformation scrolls to use the acc binded transformation.

• Decrease Broker fees
  • Decrease price for inventory expansion + warehouse

About this one:

• Transparent Transformation Scrolls

Its so easy to put like X scrolls for 1 ingot, or just put them on Gold Sand for x2 or x3 the price of the normal one... what about make a post on this forum open to people to vote if they care about this or not?

@Kubei-DN I'm kinda worried about availability of enchantment stones and the Fighting Spirit Fragments (aka the stars needed for PvP equipment promotion)

Enchanting

While ancient gear is doable to +15 but when we run out of the enchantment stones from the exchange legendary and ultimate gear will become kinda impossible to enchant as the sources are quite a bit limited of Legendary and Ultimate stones. (Ancient gear is gonna be way easier to enchant in 6.5 using ancient stones only, this is supposed to be focused on legendary and ultimate gear enchanting mainly)

Don't forget there are no supplements and the only thing preventing gear from going down is usage of ultimate stones.

Fighting Spirit Fragments

The 2nd thing I'd add are the Fighting Spirit Fragments. I do agree it should be more difficult but when I tried to farm 100 of those to get my ancient weapon to legendary I ended up farming stones for 4+ hours with 100% drop rate buff and ended with 60 of them. I'm not saying to implement them in game, I'm kinda thinking of reducing the mats needed for armor/weapon/.. codices. Currently it is set up as 5 stones + 5 scrolls -> 1 codex where the problem is the number stones. 

PS: what kinda surprised me you need 2 ultimate stones to make 1 legendary and 2 legendary stones to make 1 ancient.

As I said, I do understand that it shouldn't be totally easy. On the other hand I don't think that ppl want to do this "grind fest" for every piece of the gear and each piece has to be upgraded twice.

• Aion Team

Thank you for all the feedback we will be sure to get it sent around to the rest of the team. I also want to mention that some things probably feel very weird due to all the changes, and we're not even a week out from the update so it's likely some things here may not feel so bad as we get into weeks or even months later. That being said it doesn't mean things can't be tweaked. 

Continue sharing your thoughts!

NCSoft Team. the big three are:

Transparent transformations should be free, not a pay to see your default appearance in game.

Broker and, especially inventory expansion prices need lowered. It's a lot more difficult to earn Kinah now so, those things should cost LESS not more than before 6.x. Simple economic of it there - we can't afford to broker or expand inventory, especially on alts or new characters since we can't transfer Kinah to them anymore.

Kinah needs to be transferable via Account Warehouse ONLY. I get that locking it minimizes gold sellers, I approve but, we do need to be able to transfer it between characters on the same account and server at least.

Archived