Suggestions to improve

Kubei-DN

1 hour ago, Kailor-DN said:

NCSoft Team. the big three are:

Transparent transformations should be free, not a pay to see your default appearance in game.

Broker and, especially inventory expansion prices need lowered. It's a lot more difficult to earn Kinah now so, those things should cost LESS not more than before 6.x. Simple economic of it there - we can't afford to broker or expand inventory, especially on alts or new characters since we can't transfer Kinah to them anymore.

Kinah needs to be transferable via Account Warehouse ONLY. I get that locking it minimizes gold sellers, I approve but, we do need to be able to transfer it between characters on the same account and server at least.

My biggest issues thus far for sure. I'm also supremely disappointed in the new Luna Shop when it comes to fun things like Mounts. They are childish-looking and only last 5 days. It would be great to at least have a RARE chance of getting a permanent Mount, or even bump them up to 15 days like we would sometimes get as Event rewards. I just really miss the old ones.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Cyan said:

I also want to mention that some things probably feel very weird due to all the changes, and we're not even a week out from the update so it's likely some things here may not feel so bad as we get into weeks or even months later. That being said it doesn't mean things can't be tweaked.

Thanks for acknowledging the feedback, Cyan! About this, though, that coin has another side - the game has been made blander with the update. The content is now heavy in revisiting rehashed versions of older instances. The transformations have visually less variety than being able to look at the results of Aion's character creator. The reduced ability to equip different armor types (especially just for the lulz) adds a bit more uniformity. Lakrum is very consistent in its visuals, to a fault.

What I'm getting at, weeks or months later what little excitement about new things there is, will give way to the routine, but this time around it is extra bland. To what portion of the population will it be worth soldiering through getting used to the changes just for that? :/ Afterall if one wishes to get used to playing something different... one may as well play something different, yes?

Nay-saying aside, I agree with everyone else that the broker fees are silly and right now effectively discourage trading, and the untradeability of BCM things does the same - in the past a lot of people would list amounts of stuff on there that suggested purchasing things for real money to resell them ingame. I like to think NCWest would have some interest in not abandoning that part of the economy altogether. :P

Oh and a suggestion for the old gear - if for some reason class restricting the new ones is a problem (worked fine up until now but just in case it is a problem somehow), why not take all the old stuff and slap a 'Clothing' type on it and just less us skin things all willy nilly as we please?

I've got another suggestion..

Please have the Cubic Instance spawn a bit more often. When I played on the EU servers, I had no trouble getting all my Cubic instances done. The shugo just seemed to pop up more often than it does here in NA. This has everyone flooding to the shugo in an attempt to get one of the coveted 24 slots. Ofc that ends in a nice little PvP battle, which is a bonus. But.. doesn't get the cubic instance done! If the shugo spawned a tad more often after an arti is taken, that would help a lot.

Thank you!

I would like to add a suggestion. Everyone who had existing characters before the update had some campaign quests auto-completed do to their level. Therefore, I beleive we are missing parts of the new gear sets we are supposed to be rewarded with for completing said campaign quests. My suggestion: Add a new NPC similar to the old Coin NPCs from whom we can buy our missing gear pieces from. Or, add some quests that reward the same pieces. I hate not being able to complete a gear set, especially one that was just added and that we are supposed to acquire.

OK is time to talk about the real issues.

If you have seen there is very Few entrances to Dredgion and very few pvp instances in general, so player pvp only have world pvp and farming all day to activities to do, this is a BIG Issue, and i know NA Aion isnt gameforge but even in Game forge they have 3 Dredgion entrances. Why this are needed? cause they give upgrating materials needed to level up the weapons and armor for the new players. I mean most of the people here have alredy their "bonus gear" but new people MUST HAVE to upgrade it and this materials are TOTALLY neeeded for that.

This issue gets worse if there isnt implemented a way on quest or rewards to get "Fighting Spirit Fragments". Again this are very much needed cause a weapon asks for 100 of those to upgrade a gear, and the only way to get that is to break pvp equipment that is crafted or buy by genesis crystals with very LOW RATE, (i broke 1 part of genesis crystal and give me 2 spirit fragments) so crafting is imposible for new players, cause the "Ancient Guiding Stones are around 300k price, while in korean servers was on only 200 to 500 kinah each one, cause the drop rate for those items need to be the way in the korean server are, because for a pvp crafted weapon that gives only 6 Fragment Spirit Crystals there is needed 1200 anciewnt guiding stones, so be aware of the cost that gives that for a "new Player".

The most important part of the game isnt only give kinah to NEW players is more important giving them the chance to upgrade gear to be able to compete with people that alredy have Ultimate Uear +15. I hope you seeing this gap is insane, and new players will leave the game if this dont improve for them, Im not asking for giving things to all players, like all super geared players got exchanged for a gear of the old expansion with ridiculously good rewards, what im asking is the posibility to reach the geared players and have a more fair game, so new people COME TO PLAY and AION NA can sell more items in BCM and Gold Sand Traders and that way people win and Aion win too.

Thanks a lot for consider this stuff in advance.

In Another Issues

Talking about Templar class, is really insane the NERF that the class have been dealing. With a similar greatsword a gladiator and a templar can do very diferent values of dps maiking again a IMPOSIBLE GAP, Dps of templars is very low compared to other classes, so that considering that templar need to upgrade not one greatsword, but also sword and shield to do more damage, make the things even harder for partys that want templars " to do dps" on instances that really need a decent DPS. i dont get why aion gives blow after blow to this class, while the magic users get more and more DPS, is almost like if the class was suposed to die or all became gladiators or ATs.

Imagine the problem for a "new player" templar that not only have to dps in close range if not that need to swing the sword like in "slow Motion" cause in the yellow weapons DONT HAVE ATK SPEED, a new player wont be able to get those transformation potion bonus that gives atk speed and even so they are very few of those, compared with range attackers and magics users, this is really really unfair to make supèr hard to advance in this class, plus that no one want to add on pvp instances or instances in general, not even considerating them as a good class or just the sacrifice in BoS for other players to play.

I hope aion in some point give a CHANCE for all clases including templars to rise, at least adding a bit more damage for templar class.

29 minutes ago, Lenneth-KT said:

In Another Issues

Talking about Templar class, is really insane the NERF that the class have been dealing. With a similar greatsword a gladiator and a templar can do very diferent values of dps maiking again a IMPOSIBLE GAP, Dps of templars is very low compared to other classes, so that considering that templar need to upgrade not one greatsword, but also sword and shield to do more damage, make the things even harder for partys that want templars " to do dps" on instances that really need a decent DPS. i dont get why aion gives blow after blow to this class, while the magic users get more and more DPS, is almost like if the class was suposed to die or all became gladiators or ATs.

Imagine the problem for a "new player" templar that not only have to dps in close range if not that need to swing the sword like in "slow Motion" cause in the yellow weapons DONT HAVE ATK SPEED, a new player wont be able to get those transformation potion bonus that gives atk speed and even so they are very few of those, compared with range attackers and magics users, this is really really unfair to make supèr hard to advance in this class, plus that no one want to add on pvp instances or instances in general, not even considerating them as a good class or just the sacrifice in BoS for other players to play.

I hope aion in some point give a CHANCE for all clases including templars to rise, at least adding a bit more damage for templar class.

Templars aways be one of the hardest class to play, and took some time to re-learn my rotation with th e 62. changes. We have almost 100k HP buffed with a enchanted gear and the highest defense of the game, also a medium dps who has CREATED TO BE lower than Sins, Glads and Sorcers. If they actually buff more than necessary, soon we gonna loose all our survive cabalities to get the things equal, and I do prefer to be alive surrounded by 5 enemies, than kill someone on x1 and die by 2 players at once.

54 minutes ago, Lenneth-KT said:

plop

''blow after blow'' what are you talking about dude, i don't know about 4.X times but for at least for 2 years of 5.X  Templars were God Like Tier class, insane damage and stun/stumble lockdown capable of 100-0 any leather or cloth class,  and a nyerkton of shields, damage reduction and heals. To kill a geared templar like Keishi or Gundam you needed an entire group to focus on them and even with that they still could survive.

the reasonable thing in any mmo is that the tankiest class will do less damage than the others.

33 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

''blow after blow'' what are you talking about dude, i don't know about 4.X times but for at least for 2 years of 5.X  Templars were God Like Tier class, insane damage and stun/stumble lockdown capable of 100-0 any leather or cloth class,  and a nyerkton of shields, damage reduction and heals. To kill a geared templar like Keishi or Gundam you needed an entire group to focus on them and even with that they still could survive.

the reasonable thing in any mmo is that the tankiest class will do less damage than the others.

Im not complaing on resistence part the issue is for the "new players" content maybe that was my mistake not specifying that stuff. you must now that no attack speed makes things really hard if they dont give chances to upgrade gear to reach the geared players alredy

1 hour ago, Lenneth-KT said:

OK is time to talk about the real issues.

If you have seen there is very Few entrances to Dredgion and very few pvp instances in general, so player pvp only have world pvp and farming all day to activities to do, this is a BIG Issue, and i know NA Aion isnt gameforge but even in Game forge they have 3 Dredgion entrances. Why this are needed? cause they give upgrating materials needed to level up the weapons and armor for the new players. I mean most of the people here have alredy their "bonus gear" but new people MUST HAVE to upgrade it and this materials are TOTALLY neeeded for that.

This issue gets worse if there isnt implemented a way on quest or rewards to get "Fighting Spirit Fragments". Again this are very much needed cause a weapon asks for 100 of those to upgrade a gear, and the only way to get that is to break pvp equipment that is crafted or buy by genesis crystals with very LOW RATE, (i broke 1 part of genesis crystal and give me 2 spirit fragments) so crafting is imposible for new players, cause the "Ancient Guiding Stones are around 300k price, while in korean servers was on only 200 to 500 kinah each one, cause the drop rate for those items need to be the way in the korean server are, because for a pvp crafted weapon that gives only 6 Fragment Spirit Crystals there is needed 1200 anciewnt guiding stones, so be aware of the cost that gives that for a "new Player".

The most important part of the game isnt only give kinah to NEW players is more important giving them the chance to upgrade gear to be able to compete with people that alredy have Ultimate Uear +15. I hope you seeing this gap is insane, and new players will leave the game if this dont improve for them, Im not asking for giving things to all players, like all super geared players got exchanged for a gear of the old expansion with ridiculously good rewards, what im asking is the posibility to reach the geared players and have a more fair game, so new people COME TO PLAY and AION NA can sell more items in BCM and Gold Sand Traders and that way people win and Aion win too.

Thanks a lot for consider this stuff in advance.

Few entrances to the pvp instances only one dredgion a day and no fighting spirit fragments source can make many people leave, will be better to make a fair chance for all not only the geared

On 10/29/2018 at 8:09 AM, HealingSquid-KT said:

What is the broker fee issue? Is it costing more to list items then you make from items?

Those darn shugo's are taking more money now than they should.   Cost just to list and another cost once sold are outrageous.   And to think they have the nerve to complain that business is bad,  nyerking shugo's anyway.

3 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

I would like to add a suggestion. Everyone who had existing characters before the update had some campaign quests auto-completed do to their level. Therefore, I beleive we are missing parts of the new gear sets we are supposed to be rewarded with for completing said campaign quests. My suggestion: Add a new NPC similar to the old Coin NPCs from whom we can buy our missing gear pieces from. Or, add some quests that reward the same pieces. I hate not being able to complete a gear set, especially one that was just added and that we are supposed to acquire.

Since they were auto completed for us we should get the gear anyway since we have no other way to obtain it now.   There is only so much time in a day one can play.

3 hours ago, Lenneth-KT said:

This issue gets worse if there isnt implemented a way on quest or rewards to get "Fighting Spirit Fragments". Again this are very much needed cause a weapon asks for 100 of those to upgrade a gear, and the only way to get that is to break pvp equipment that is crafted or buy by genesis crystals with very LOW RATE, (i broke 1 part of genesis crystal and give me 2 spirit fragments)

Truuuuuuuuuth. These fragments are way too hard to obtain in comparison with how many of them we need.

I've got a few questions and comments about the new game:

1. Why did the developers think that the little girl guides at the beginning of the game were necessary?
  2. The story may be streamlined, yet it doesn't feel cohesive.
  3. I want to feel like I've EARNED my levels, not have them handed to me on a silver platter.
  4. Thank you for doing away with the fast-track/standard track.
  5. Why are the fast-track/standard track NPCs still hanging around?  Why are the instructors for the basic classes still around?  These NPCs don't have anything to contribute to the story.

Fantastic list of quality of life changes.  Funny in that these requests weren't really necessary until 6.2 since 6.2 made the game far less user-friendly in many QoL ways.

I'd like to also request like others before me the return of at the very least an account warehouse where we can manage our inventory / kinah between characters.  This feature is something I very much appreciate as someone who enjoys alts or occasionally changing mains.

The current system makes me feel as though I'm wasting time on other characters when I'm not on a main.

5 hours ago, Gallium-DN said:

As much as I agree with you and I find your request totally fair, NCSoft already proved that they don't care at all about it. I still have some alt lv68 in resurgent, cause the fledgling gear arrived when I already leveled them up past 55. I pity them, but they also make me smile meltingly, when I see them. At least they remind me a good part of the past.

10 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

I've got another suggestion..

Please have the Cubic Instance spawn a bit more often. When I played on the EU servers, I had no trouble getting all my Cubic instances done. The shugo just seemed to pop up more often than it does here in NA. This has everyone flooding to the shugo in an attempt to get one of the coveted 24 slots. Ofc that ends in a nice little PvP battle, which is a bonus. But.. doesn't get the cubic instance done! If the shugo spawned a tad more often after an arti is taken, that would help a lot.

Thank you!

Agreed it needs to pop more often -so far it isn't even  "nice PVP battle" either at least on DN Elyos -  a lot of us just get zerged. Out of all the attempts so far, just managed to get in once so far- all the other attempts was either zerged first, or all the entrances were used, primarily by asmos when I'm on.  .

Probably do something about the absurd gear disparity between "compensated" gear players and those who didn't get any.

Being completely destroyed and doing barely a dent in their HP bar in return will drive pretty much everyone away guaranteed. Doesn't matter how skilled you are (some players could PVP in PVE gear back in the day and do fine), you can't win when you're hitting double digits and the other guy quadruple digits.

4 minutes ago, Delessa-DN said:

Probably do something about the absurd gear disparity between "compensated" gear players and those who didn't get any.

Being completely destroyed and doing barely a dent in their HP bar in return will drive pretty much everyone away guaranteed. Doesn't matter how skilled you are (some players could PVP in PVE gear back in the day and do fine), you can't win when you're hitting double digits and the other guy quadruple digits.

Think this is more of a damage formula issue and stat disparity on gear grade/enchant issue but o well maybe suggesting it here will get ncsoft to do something.

12 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Think this is more of a damage formula issue and stat disparity on gear grade/enchant issue but o well maybe suggesting it here will get ncsoft to do something.

That's exactly what it is as old gear was completely invalidated. Old damage applies only to auto attack damage and physical/magical damage is skill damage.

In essence, say me, with full +15 AP 75, I'm sitting at 1350 weapon damage so my auto attacks hit nearly 3k per weave but 100 on skills because no physical damage. Physical damage is basically weapon damage (auto attacks) and skill damage as when I change to the starter quest gear my weaves go to 2500 per hand (5k total) and skill damage goes back to what it used to be pre patch (1350 base attack levels). Physical attack shows as around 4400.

Hence why old gear simply cannot compete, it's useless as they changed damage into something unknwn. These two stats physical and magical attack have zero relationship to the old attack and magical boost stats and it's unknown how they are even calculated.

Upgrades only increase PVE and PVP numbers and not the gear itself. Weird af.

But in a nut shell they need to make new gear accessible and give people enough gear to compete with those who had compensation. At minimum in a 2:1, the compensated player should lose. Right now they're invincible and that's a problem.

21 minutes ago, Delessa-DN said:

The gear disparity is ridiculous and the gap wont close anytime soon,  I personally feel that players will leave just through sheer frustration as content is denied to them by over geared and unapologetic players.  Seen it happen in the past and it seems NCSoft just doesn't learn from previous years.

10 minutes ago, Rogaine-DN said:

The gear disparity is ridiculous and the gap wont close anytime soon,  I personally feel that players will leave just through sheer frustration as content is denied to them by over geared and unapologetic players.  Seen it happen in the past and it seems NCSoft just dont learn from previous years.

They will.

Twinks reduced Aion from 12 servers to 8 to 4. I was around to see the 8-4 reduction.

That's why rift buffs became a thing.

They haven't learned indeed, this time there aren't 8 servers to merge there are 2(3); not much left already.

2 hours ago, Delessa-DN said:

Not really picking on your, Delessa, just quoted you as someone who is expressing this point. 

First, everyone who was playing prior to the patch had a chance to get compensation gear. We (me included) didn't take as advantage of it as we could have. That isn't NCWest's fault. That's all on us.

Second, you can catch up. I already am. It's a step by step process. Those with compensation gear started several steps down the road, but it's the same road we are walking. When they get to the end of the road, they will have to stop. We will eventually catch up. How fast we catch up is all on us. If you did every artifact weekly quest, the 20-kill repeatables and ran ID, Evergale, Dredg and siege you should have at least half of your level 80 gold gear and you should have started the enchantments.

Third, how is this any different than the last patch? If you didn't get a single piece of compensation gear, you probably had unpurified +15 AP gear or less. You were getting destroyed by people in purified +25 ap gear. They are destroying you now. Not sure how you lost anything. Seems pretty status quo. Now if you are still using that old gear and not the level 75 free stuff, then that might be your problem. Switch to a mix of the new gear you managed to get this week and the free level 75 gold gear. You will still get smooshed by the same people who smooshed you before, but you will survive against those you used to beat before.

Lastly, the population always spikes up when something new happens and then slumps when people who came back get bored or when they see that they won't be able to dominate right out-of-the-gate-after-a-year-long-hiatus leave. 6.x was never going to be The Thing that brought back the hay-days of Aion. Those days are gone.

Archived