With 6.2 what classes are required endgame PVE (waiting to make char)

1s22A1BA-KT

Hello all,

For those already deep into the endgame of 6.2 could really use your advise.

My wife and I are returning and we would like to really see what the endgame is like since we missed most of it.  I am making a cleric and she is up in the air with her character.  We are going to be 80-90 percent PVE with some pvp (mainly guild events or invasions).  We played back when 60 was the cap and I was a cleric and she was a Sorcerer.  We LOVED that we could duo some zones (esso terrance/ect)  But we read that Sorcerer is not in a good spot.  Here is my question.  Beside cleric and tank (she doesnt want to tank) what are MUST haves for the hardest PVE content in 6.0.  We hear Chanter all the time because of the buffs but how is Songweaver?  Is it considered useful or just a liability because its less dps then a dps class and if you dont need the extra healing then it's kinda pointless?  She is interested in Songweaver/Gunner/Ranger/Spiritmaster.  She playing  spiritmaster right now but isnt sure shes liking it due to the dots/pets.  

Shes open to chanter but she plays back in the day and felt she wasnt doing much dps and doesnt really want to just be a buff bot.  Can chanter throw down now? .  

Anyone, please let me know how some of these classes fair in PVE.  I know you can do anything in PVE with any character but we are looking for min/max groups and being a two person staple of those groups.  She loves most classes so playing what she loves isn't really her focus (in before someone says...play what you enjoy). She really likes ranger and gunner but they seem to be PVP classes and werent waned in PVE (back when we played).  Hopefully you guys can point us in the right direction.

Thanks.  

Sorcerer is still good and SM can do a lot of dps now, the chanter has a medium dps/Song Waver the same, the cleric can do a good duo with all the classes but in PVE with a dps is better (glad / sorc / sin / ranger / sm) glad and sorcerer are the best option to fast clean in instances

No DPS is a *must* have for the hardest PVE content. you could substitute a sin for the sorc or a glad. You WILL need the cleric. If you have one SM, you won't bring another, same applies to a chanter.

So of the three I listed- it does come down to the one you like best, most likely. In addition- you'll be going through PVP zones to get to your PVP. Unless you want to rez and wait a long time, you might want to pick a class you can also PVP with. Any class can PVP now (i.e. it's viable) , but not everyone can PVP on every class. Some really are still a lot easier

Could I just get a breakdown for the classes from someone who is actively playing with geared players in 6.2?  I noticed Gunslinger wasn't mentions above so not sure where they fall.  But if someone could just rank them in DPS order if possible.  This breakdown seems to be lacking in the class discussion or anywhere else.  Would help a lot of people I bet.  Is it Sin/Sorc/Glad   Then Ranger/Gunner...then Chanter/Songweaver/Athertech...Cleric/Temp?  (I feel like my cleric can do some dps so maybe off?)  That is how i would assume DPS should be in this game but could someone with knowledge give the legit insite?  Also does any class like Chanter bring something that is considered a must for group.  Like Buffs or is there a dungeon where CC is needed and sorc and Songweaver shine (or SM?).  

Well, from\the first sentence of your post"for those already deep into the endgame of 6.2" almost no one here is already deep into the endgame of 62- unless they have played in EU or other regions or  were extremely rich or geared. You could ask the question on the EU forum (unless you are fluent in Korean or Russian or Japanese), you'd get more feedback.

We've just received this patch, I know of only a couple of  groups that run the harder content, and that's the rare exception.

I would be willing to bet that right now it's easier for some instances with an AOE (glad/AT, lesser extent sorc) class, although I know for a fact that on EU, there are groups that do the same content (the most challenging) without a single AOE class. It's a question of gear, plus players work well together.

Chanters are vey popular in this patch since people are still gearing up and they bring their mantras, their buffs, various group DPS and healing boosts, plus they can DPS. So are SWs, but to a lesser extent - from what I've seen most of them will provide less value to their groups in this patch unless they adapt a bit- it would be interesting to get feedback from anyone who has run the endgame content with a SW, to see how they feel. I'm only noting that from less challenging content.

Gunslinger ( just called it Gunner).  I know the patch is new but people were hitting end game dungeons soon as launch rolled out and have been farming them since.  I see messages for them all the time even on the new server.  So just curious how people feel about their class in performance compared to their group-mates.  Some groups have been running together for awhile and they can see the changes collectively as they experience 6.2 together.  I'm just trying to feel things out to assist wifey in making the right choice for her.

Archived