Things that need to be adressed/fixed

Hallo-DN

1. The Kinah fees in broker are too high.I feel bad for new people since broker only way to get kinah between players (Please bring private shop back!!!)  Broker is more a kinah sink than a profit

2: The Kinah bundle from luna craft is a scam, you get more from low level quests, it should be atleast 500.000. 1k is a bad joke

3. Instances like  Evergale need  multiple window ques atleast twice a day.Evergale is not unlimited entries anymore so  why isnt this implemented?  I see that many people cant attend since too early for them

4. I think everyone should get atleast get 1 ancient (gold) transformation contract for free. People will have more fun in game.I dont see any problem with this, if people want get higher one than work for it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH, the deeper I delve into 6.2, the more scammish the entire game feels. Its designed from the ground up, (far more than its predecessor), to force you to nickle and dime your way through the game. Its basically a mobile game now.

The simplistic leveling path. The adverts to buy luna everytime you step into a dungeon. The buy-to-actually-see your created character and not some random ugly arse illusion ploy. (Illusions which btw, if you dont use, you'll be forced to endure the slowest walk/run speed in MMO history.) The multiple and quite redundant sheer number of "currencies" required. (Ingots, whats the point again?) 

(Oh, while we're at it, why should I buy high priced costumes now when I'd also have to pay to actually see them and not some furry costume instead?)

Despite their claims that they simply, "wanted to get back to basics", this isn't the Aion I fell for back in 2009,  Not even close. This is some sort of amalgamation of every conceivable money scam NCSofts ever developed all wrapped around an easily recognizable game with a dedicated core. 

In other words, Aion now feels like a comprehensive experiment in greed and we're the guinea pigs.

2 minutes ago, Morrigan-KT said:

TBH, the deeper I delve into 6.2, the more scammish the entire game feels. Its designed from the ground up, (far more than its predecessor), to force you to nickle and dime your way through the game. Its basically a mobile game now.

The simplistic leveling path. The adverts to buy luna everytime you step into a dungeon. The buy-to-actually-see your created character and not some random ugly arse illusion ploy. (Illusions which btw, if you dont use, you'll be forced to endure the slowest walk/run speed in MMO history.) The multiple and quite redundant sheer number of "currencies" required. (Ingots, whats the point again?) 

(Oh, while we're at it, why should I buy high priced costumes now when I'd also have to pay to actually see them and not some furry costume instead?)

Despite their claims that they simply, "wanted to get back to basics", this isn't the Aion I fell for back in 2009,  Not even close. This is some sort of amalgamation of every conceivable money scam NCSofts ever developed all wrapped around an easily recognizable game with a dedicated core. 

In other words, Aion now feels like a comprehensive experiment in greed and we're the guinea pigs.

+10000 to this

31 minutes ago, Morrigan-KT said:

*snip*

Yup. And many of us saw this the moment we looked at 6.x in Korea months and months ago. But still there were people fluttering about calling this patch the savior of Aion. It isn't. It was never going to be. With this patch, Korea went f2p so it stands to reason that there are far more pay2win or pay2progressfasters than before when NA had to ask Korea to put in more options to get people to pay. NCSoft is no different than any other game developer in that they are business. They develop and publish games to make money.. not out of the goodness of their heart. You absolutely can play all of Aion without paying a dime, but it isn't easy. Nor was it meant to be. It's not greed to want to make money. It's business. 

We need to stop being so freaking naive and weeping and throwing tantrums when a gaming company puts in place things that make us want to spend money. We need to be adults and look at this as adults. A company puts out a product to make money. They allow us to use the product totally for free and then add little incentives (or big ones) to tempt us to pay them for the product they are allowing us to use for free. 

So shut it about greed.

If there are too many things you feel you want or need to pay for and you don't want to or don't feel like paying for these things then go find another game or another hobby. The shock and dismay over a company trying to make money is really wearing thin.

There are so many times over the few years of Aion where I wish they had never gone f2p. I wish no games had. I wish they were all sub games where everything we want and need is free in the game, because they are making all of their money from our sub. This childish attitude about being forced to pay for a service makes me want to kick a kitten.

EDIT: @Hallo-DN.. I agree with all your points, especially the kinah fees at the broker. Well worded post.

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

NCSoft is no different than any other game developer in that they are business. They develop and publish games to make money.. not out of the goodness of their heart.

Well, of course, but if the "real-money-prices" somehow get double and half of the people quit,  NCSoft earnings stay the same. And if the server gets empty and closes, its worst for them, so i don't think their wisest philosophy would be to do 'whatever comes out of their balls' regardless of what the players think, because if the server ends up closing because the game became too boring, we all loose (and they loose big-time).

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Yup. And many of us saw this the moment we looked at 6.x in Korea months and months ago. But still there were people fluttering about calling this patch the savior of Aion. It isn't. It was never going to be. With this patch, Korea went f2p so it stands to reason that there are far more pay2win or pay2progressfasters than before when NA had to ask Korea to put in more options to get people to pay. NCSoft is no different than any other game developer in that they are business. They develop and publish games to make money.. not out of the goodness of their heart. You absolutely can play all of Aion without paying a dime, but it isn't easy. Nor was it meant to be. It's not greed to want to make money. It's business. 

We need to stop being so freaking naive and weeping and throwing tantrums when a gaming company puts in place things that make us want to spend money. We need to be adults and look at this as adults. A company puts out a product to make money. They allow us to use the product totally for free and then add little incentives (or big ones) to tempt us to pay them for the product they are allowing us to use for free. 

So shut it about greed.

If there are too many things you feel you want or need to pay for and you don't want to or don't feel like paying for these things then go find another game or another hobby. The shock and dismay over a company trying to make money is really wearing thin.

There are so many times over the few years of Aion where I wish they had never gone f2p. I wish no games had. I wish they were all sub games where everything we want and need is free in the game, because they are making all of their money from our sub. This childish attitude about being forced to pay for a service makes me want to kick a kitten.

EDIT: @Hallo-DN.. I agree with all your points, especially the kinah fees at the broker. Well worded post.

Completely agree with this.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

So shut it about greed.

First of all who dafuq are you to tell me to "shut it" and "go play something else"? I suggest you take courses on how to properly discuss objections you may have like an adult before attempting to respond to me again. Your pretentiousness is quite obnoxious. Careful you dont overstep your boundaries.

As for the rest, no shit...its a business. Thanks captain obvious. However some business practices are shadier than others, and when you start stripping away basic QoL options, (like run speed and illusion hiding), in order to hide them behind pay schemes, thats when you cross the line. Thats not good business, thats a "how to" on how to lose customers.

NCSoft is now and has always practiced these sort of questionable practices so no, it comes as no shock. That does not however excuse them from continuing to do so. If accurately pointing out these faults bothers you, well thats your problem. Simply continue to wear your rosed colored glasses and happily condone such despicable behaviour to your hearts content.

5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

So shut it about greed.

What is also wearing very thin is your by now frequent references to "weeping" and "throwing tantrums when people voice very reasonable opinions on the forums that disagree with NCSoft.

It isn't greedy, or childish, or any of your by now condescending terms to point out what is very poor game design. Many of us paid subscription, then paid prestige, even when it was a relatively poor investment, then paid for additional BCM, without complaint to support the game.We are fully justified to point out when a gaming company comes up with poor game decisions- and many people are coming up with suggestions where the company could still charge money.

I don't know why you worded your post that way, I expected better from you- I know you do a lot to help people .

I agree with all of you here so there's no reason to quote. The Aion we all knew and loved died for the final time in NA on October 24th, 2018.

However I  do have a major grievance as well, 2 of them actually:

The 1st is that one thing I really loved about the Sea Feast armor set was that it was one of the few armor sets sold in the cash shop that  DID NOT automatically delete my characters Mane (I play Asmodians). So to that end to prepare for 6.2 I spent a lot of dollars and Kinah as well to outfit all 6 of my Asmodian characters with that Sea Feast armor set in their respective grade of armor, ie: cloth, leather, plate, chain, etc. according to their class so that my characters would still have at least one set of cute armor to wear that wouldn't take my characters Mane away. However, now that 6.0 has been released my Sea feast armor NOW for some ungodly ridiculous reason automatically deletes my characters Mane rendering all the cash and Kinah I spent on that armor waisted. Our Manes are the only thing we have left that make we Asmodians  unique.

I will not wear and certainly NEVER buy armor from any source in Aion that take's my characters Mane away. So now I'm stuck wearing the very ugly stuff we're provided That has to be designed by men because no woman Human or alien would wear anything that ugly with a collar or scarf so big it cuts thru my characters hair! Being a woman myself who is into fashion I have a pretty good handle on things like this. No offense intended guys. And some of it does look OK on male characters. However, one of my rules in gaming is I only play my RL gender, so all my characters Asmodians as well as my 2 Elyos are girls.

Lastly, I guess a very ugly rumor I heard about before 6.0\6.2 was released was that "Aion wants to get away from Flight altogether" must be true for just look at the shabby wing selections we now have in the stores eh? Its a good thing I got all my Asmodians their good wings before 6.2 released.

Why  y'all elected to keep those steampunk wings nobody uses is beyond me. Same with the rest of the 2 or 3 only wings you kept. Awful!

And please, Give us our Manes back?? What is left of Aion is even worse with my immersion messed up like this.

11 hours ago, Hallo-DN said:

1. The Kinah fees in broker are too high.I feel bad for new people since broker only way to get kinah between players (Please bring private shop back!!!)  Broker is more a kinah sink than a profit

2: The Kinah bundle from luna craft is a scam, you get more from low level quests, it should be atleast 500.000. 1k is a bad joke

3. Instances like  Evergale need  multiple window ques atleast twice a day.Evergale is not unlimited entries anymore so  why isnt this implemented?  I see that many people cant attend since too early for them

4. I think everyone should get atleast get 1 ancient (gold) transformation contract for free. People will have more fun in game.I dont see any problem with this, if people want get higher one than work for it.

Yeah I think we should all get a gold transform contract (not random, but we choose it so it's useful for our class) so that we can move and attack at the speeds we used to. It's the least they could do if they're not going to remove the transformation system (we know they won't).

5 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

So shut it about greed.

Your first two paragraphs appear to be a straw man fallacy. As other posters pointed out, there's no surprise that NC is trying to make money. We're just disgusted by -how- they are trying to make money. They could, you know, try to make money by -pleasing- their prospective customers for once. Yes, "NCSoft is no different than any other game developer in that they are business." But not all game developers have as bad business practices as NCSoft..

"If there are too many things you feel you want or need to pay for and you don't want to or don't feel like paying for these things then go find another game or another hobby." I see this fallacy all the time on these forums (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergo_decedo).

2 hours ago, Morrigan-KT said:

First of all who dafuq are you to tell me to "shut it" and "go play something else"? I suggest you take courses on how to properly discuss objections you may have like an adult before attempting to respond to me again. Your pretentiousness is quite obnoxious. Careful you dont overstep your boundaries.

As for the rest, no shit...its a business. Thanks captain obvious. However some business practices are shadier than others, and when you start stripping away basic QoL options, (like run speed and illusion hiding), in order to hide them behind pay schemes, thats when you cross the line. Thats not good business, thats a "how to" on how to lose customers.

NCSoft is now and has always practiced these sort of questionable practices so no, it comes as no shock. That does not however excuse them from continuing to do so. If accurately pointing out these faults bothers you, well thats your problem. Simply continue to wear your rosed colored glasses and happily condone such despicable behaviour to your hearts content.

"However some business practices are shadier than others, and when you start stripping away basic QoL options, (like run speed and illusion hiding), in order to hide them behind pay schemes, thats when you cross the line. Thats not good business, thats a "how to" on how to lose customers." Perfectly said.

"NCSoft is now and has always practiced these sort of questionable practices so no, it comes as no shock. That does not however excuse them from continuing to do so. If accurately pointing out these faults bothers you, well thats your problem. Simply continue to wear your rosed colored glasses and happily condone such despicable behaviour to your hearts content." Also perfectly said.

Saved me time typing my own thoughts. Well worded post.

7 hours ago, Morrigan-KT said:

Agreed.

The transformation transparencies (or whatever they're called) should be free. That way we'd have a choice in the matter. I didn't spend an hour to an hour and a half defining my characters looks and muscle tone, etc., etc., etc., so I could look like some ridiculous cartoon. So in effect, NC while I understand they are a business and are in this to make money, they are FORCING me to spend my money on these items  in order to keep what is left of my character immersion intact. That, is just plain bad business practice.

I don't mind spending my money on games I love as long as I have a choice to do so. Taking my choice to spend away will actually make me do my best to spend as little as possible.

And before anyone says anything, I was a sub and After I bought Prestige monthly.

On 10/28/2018 at 6:49 AM, Hallo-DN said:

Agreed especially about broker fees! Its so hard trying to post anything valuable on broker since its a gamble whether or not youll lose your posting fee. With kinah being so hard to come by now its even worse.

Pay for boosts I get - not a problem. Pay to prevent altering the DEFAULT appearance of my characters I do not get. NEVER should you pay extra for the DEFAULT, you pay for the NOT DEFAULT. I'd happily buy stat boost pots, contracts, whatever IF I didn't also have to PAY to retain the DEFAULT look of my characters. I'm not paying to retain the DEFAULT look and, I'm not paying to be FORCED to alter that look. I cannot play as a FURRY PERIOD! I Don't do transformation events, I hate Kromead's and Verandi's crap because it changes my characters. I use SHIFT+F12 when a FURRY is near me, or go AFK or, leave the vicinity until it's gone - totally annoying, can't stand the transformation. Don't care that I don't get the boosts, not worth it even if they gave 10000000000000000% boost to all stats.

2 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

*snip*

I use SHIFT+F12 when a FURRY is near me, or go AFK or, leave the vicinity until it's gone - totally annoying, can't stand the transformation.

*snip*

I think your issues with furries go one hell of a lot deeper than pixels on a screen.

Keep in mind you aren't forced to do anything. Not in a game world where everything is voluntary.

Deep breaths, alright?

spooning.gif

The whole issue is PAYING TO SEE THE DEFAULT! I do not pay in real life to look like me I would pay if I wanted a costume, makeup, hair dye and such to look OTHER THAN DEFAULT. Same in a game we should not have to PAY FOR DEFAULT APPEARANCE, only PAY TO HIDE OR CHANGE THE DEFAULT. YOU NEVER PAY TO LOOK HOW YOU WERE CREATED, you pay to change your DEFAULT look ONLY.

@Kailor-DN You don't have to pay for anything. As you did in all of the cases you cited before, just don't use them. As you say that you don't care what stats they give, then this doesn't need to be such stress for you.

Now. If you actually -do- care about the stats, there are transparent transform scrolls. You can get them from luna without spending a dime.

Either way. There is really no need to get so worked up that you are typing all in caps.

There is, I am gimped, kicked from groups and instances for not using them. Handicapping us or forcing us to be furies and other cartoon characters is WRONG. Th whole PAY TO SEE THE DEFAULT LOOK is WRONG. Now Pay for transformations and have stat scrolls as drops, that's fair - pay to look different and get BETTER boosts okay, but not pay to see your DEFAULT appearance. What if they made us pay or every town was flashing green and purple polka dots? What if we had to pay or the ground was rotating rainbows, the trees blinking chartreuse and, NPCs wouldn't interact with us if we didn't pay?

Same thing, that would be paying for DEFAULT and that's WRONG! That's my issue. Now if there were no kicking for not using transformations, fine, do what you want but, that isn't the case now is it?

I want to play the game, do instances and groups and, not be forced to PAY TO SEE DEFAULT or be kicked for refusing to use transformations.

But you don't have to pay anything for transparent scrolls. You can get them from your Luna.

You really are contradicting yourself, though. You say you have never worn candies and didn't care that it gimped you. You said you either didn't do the event instances that make us look different or you did them but didn't use the transform and you didn't care if it gimped you. Over and over you have told us how vile furries are that you can't even stand next to someone else wearing a candy or a transform. Stats don't matter. The look of your character does.

Now you are back to your cap-laced post where I can just imagine that the blood vessels are popping on the side of your head but now you say that stats -do- matter and that you won't be gimped.

So which is it?

I just want to ask people who are defending this transformation system: what exactly you have to gain by doing so?

You know it's an exploitative system. For the previous 9 years, you've been able to play the game and have your characters at full potential without the addition of scrolls and candies. If you chose to add those items, for simplicity's sake, let's just say your character's potential was boosted an additional percentage. The point is, you didn't NEED any of those things to play the game and most groups wouldn't shun you for not having them. Let's not forget that scrolls could be easily crafted through professions or acquired from Luna bundles and candies were given out with events.

With this new system, your character is gimped to the point where you're considered a burden to others if you're NOT transformed. You move and attack at a snail's pace, and you're missing a good chunk of power that helps you bring down mobs faster. To get your character to it's full potential, you first need to go through a huge RNG process of acquiring the correct transformation. Afterwards, you need transformation scrolls. Let's also toss this in: I haven't seen any methods of crafting those transformation scrolls through Aetherforging. I'm well aware you can acquire them by Luna, but this is an extremely slow process, particularly for characters that haven't played for several years. New characters won't be able to craft the same amount of transformation scrolls that veterans that have been hoarding Luna materials can. You're being gated, and it's clearly designed to encourage you to spend. Throw in the fact that you need even MORE scrolls if you want to see the character you designed instead of the transformation appearance, and it should be pretty evident they're making you jump through hula hoops to have your character at full potential.

Reminder: For the previous 9 years, they didn't screw with you like this. Enlighten me. Why are you defending such an exploitative practice?

On 10/29/2018 at 0:41 AM, Aly-DN said:

So shut it about greed.

It is greed.

There are ways to make money and there are ways to make money. There are plenty of games out there that are profitable yet don't run casino floor tricks on players to try to get them to spend. In Aion's case of 6.2, it's not only casino floor tricks, it's blatant "Pay us or else".

A company puts out a product to make money yet that same company can create a balance between fun and extortion. What's going on in this patch is extortion, they aren't even trying anymore. The most blatant example is the "Pay us $1 per 3-7 minutes to see your character or be gimped". This is inexcusable, there are things called business ethics, this isn't it.

To be frank, online games need regulation; sometime ago Rep Lee (D-Hawaii) proposed to crack down on "loot boxes" and other predatory business practices used in today's online gaming. He wasn't given much coverage but this is something that needs to happen in this day and age. Casinos aren't nearly as dangerous anymore given how much money people can throw into "free to play" games. Gaming companies are literally printing money with these free to play models, it's unrestricted, unregulated and getting worse over time. NC didn't being with such predatory and absurd business practices, their games used to actually be fun and not simply ways to try to squeeze money from players.

@Forgotten-DN I am not defending the new system. I have said multiple times that I am not a fan, but the patch is a week and a half old. Transformations are a new thing and new things are never comfortable. I've been here since '09. Every single time a system changes players freak out and every single time we get used to it.. and then the thing changes again. It's the way of not only Aion, but all games. 

Right now the availability of the transform scrolls (transparent and not) is an issue. If we could get these (either one) at a good clip, we could put them in our pets and run around transformed and happy. We need them in stacks of 500+ and right now, that just isn't that feasible. I have a little less than 100 scrolls on my main and I still don't feel like I can have my pet on and running the whole time I am running around. If I could craft them or if I would buy them (with kinah) for a reasonable price, I would be good with the system.

I think if NCWest could somehow make both types of scrolls more readily available, a lot of this pissing and moaning would go away. 

And they -can- do it. I mean.. they are giving away ancient contracts away with the pumpkin event. That's going to solve a lot of problems for those of us who have been really unlucky with our 10million kinah contracts.

We have seen a lot of rhetoric on the forums about the company being greedy. All companies are greedy. They all want to make money. We have seen the company being accused of being unethical. That I just don't understand. They offer a service they allow us to use totally for free and then add incentives to get us to pay for that service. Sometimes those incentives are pretty high. It isn't unethical to push people to pay for the service you are providing them.

We have even heard that the company -forces- you to do something and there I put my foot down. Listen up.. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO DO ANYTHING. Yes. I pulled out the all caps. If you don't like the look of the transforms, don't use them. If you want to use them and don't like the look of the transforms, you can use the transparent ones. If you don't want to pay for the transparent transforms, there are multiple ways to get them in game without spending real money. If you can't get enough transparent scrolls this way, then pick and chose when you use them. Don't use one while clearing mobs in an instance and only pop one for bosses. Don't use them at all in easy instances. Common sense, people, beats stubborn, blind panic. Every. Single. Time.

Archived