Forums

New server is really empty? Katalam or Danaria then?

Asseylum-DN

6 hours ago, Asseylum-DN said:

In your opinion and experience, which faction is being the most populated one in 6.2? The new server seems extremely low compared to Katalam and Danaria. So...

Were you playing Elyos on there by any chance? I've briefly tried the new server myself but it mainly struck me as a playing ground for bored Asmos from the existing servers. Half a week in and 0% Elyos influence. Ishalgen and Beluslan are pretty decently populated at least, but it feels as if people have been going back to their own servers already - for obvious reasons.

Can't tell you much about DN, except that they seem somewhat more social/community-focused than KT, while your average KT player seems to focus on performing in the raw game; be it in PvP, PvE or both. But since we have a population gap to bridge I'd say KT.

9 hours ago, cockroach-DN said:

Unbeatable is always right!!! 

>dont announce new server with 6.2 announcement

>actually post on forums saying no plans for new server

>take down servers for 6.2 maint

>announce new server in middle of night 10 hours before 6.2 goes live

>dont even label EK as new server so incoming population spreads between all 3 server

>dont even advertise new server besides the last 10 characters of a single tweet

"I TOLD YOU GUISE A NEW SERVER WOULDNT WORK" 

^^ LOLOL, yet so true. People's logic is impeccable.

As for the OP, you might be deceived to believe that the new server is "dead", only because people in the previous servers had only 5 levels to level and are all already level 80 with lakrum seeming "full", where as the new server, people are old/returning players and got lives that they're taking quite some time to level. Mind you, every time I search 80-80, I get 104+ elyos, so I really don't know what you're talking about tbh... and once again, keep in mind like more than 50%+ of the population is not 80 yet.

I actually did a count just tonight at divine siege and there were 452 Elyos 1-80. Keep in mind the server is Asmo dominated, where they range 2-3x the numbers in sieges, so you can safely assume that Asmos hit an active number of close to 1000 (might be wrong).

So yeah, you stick to your +15 ultimate gear server, and we'll stick to our evenly geared server. Best of luck.

i agree and EK server is populated especially on asmo idont know about elyos but everytime every camp where you go imet an ely wit groups too everyday and siege on ereshkigal wwas doing great there a lot of players on both side when i do lakrumsiege and i think asmo are more populated than ely in the new server 

57 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

So, hows new server and new toon? Do u guys even have enough kinah to unlock warehouse/inven slots?

Yup, I have almost 200 aetherforging, 108 inventory slots, and 214 mil kinah. Keep in mind this is on a stable economy where everything in the broker is dirt cheap and people can actually afford stuff. In comparison to DN and KT, if you didn't farm kinah before the conversion rates, well you're stuck with an economy where you need billions to afford to buy anything. So yeah, when I look at the economy... we have the stable one on the new server, and then the messed up one on both the old servers. I wish it was different for you guys, but for us on here, we're good.

10 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Yup, I have almost 200 aetherforging, 108 inventory slots, and 214 mil kinah. Keep in mind this is on a stable economy where everything in the broker is dirt cheap and people can actually afford stuff. In comparison to DN and KT, if you didn't farm kinah before the conversion rates, well you're stuck with an economy where you need billions to afford to buy anything. So yeah, when I look at the economy... we have the stable one on the new server, and then the messed up one on both the old servers. I wish it was different for you guys, but for us on here, we're good.

And you did this all for free? Spend a little on the BCM? Spend a lot?

Just want to be careful about posting a rosy picture of something without giving people all the facts.

Well. I got  80kk at the new server and almost full inventory open, plus like 56 on Warehouse. And i can tell you, i dint even donate for 1NCCoin. So yeah, everything is cheaper, saddly, we got a lot of People on the opossite side (Asmo). On Sieges theres probably like 240-250 asmos vs 100 Elyos. 

I'm playing in the new server and it isn't dead at all idk where you get that info from. Just the other day we had a really nice siege and it was so balanced between the 2 factions no one was able to get divine. Always recruitments in lfg, parties, pvp daily, weekly, etc And each day it looks like even more people are reaching Lakrum.

12 hours ago, Cozy-EK said:

>dont even label EK as new server so incoming population spreads between all 3 server

>dont even advertise new server besides the last 10 characters of a single tweet

couldn't agree more cabrone, the mogang will always support unbeatable and his vision! 

19 hours ago, Cozy-EK said:

This +1000000. People gonna say the new server was a bad idea without taking into account the circumstances in which it was conceived:

1. Surprise/very late announcement after people already invested in exchange gear during End of the World Event

2. Katalam seems to be the default server when creating a toon on a fresh account. Why isn't it EK??

3. Patch itself is pretty shitty especially for new/returning players who are looking for a fresh start (there's already many threads about why this patch sucks). So this doesn't favor the new server which is meant for this demographic.

4. Finally, old timers that want to see the new server fail so they could say "I told you so" keep posting about how the new server will fail and telling new/returning players to go to DN or KT. And they are pretty hostile towards players looking for a fair start (e.g. the following thread):

I'm not making predictions on whether the new server will continue to thrive. All I'm saying is that people should consider the circumstances when arguing about whether the new server was a good idea or not. And also people should be cheering the new server on now that it exists.

19 hours ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

^^ LOLOL, yet so true. People's logic is impeccable.

As for the OP, you might be deceived to believe that the new server is "dead", only because people in the previous servers had only 5 levels to level and are all already level 80 with lakrum seeming "full", where as the new server, people are old/returning players and got lives that they're taking quite some time to level. Mind you, every time I search 80-80, I get 104+ elyos, so I really don't know what you're talking about tbh... and once again, keep in mind like more than 50%+ of the population is not 80 yet.

I actually did a count just tonight at divine siege and there were 452 Elyos 1-80. Keep in mind the server is Asmo dominated, where they range 2-3x the numbers in sieges, so you can safely assume that Asmos hit an active number of close to 1000 (might be wrong).

So yeah, you stick to your +15 ultimate gear server, and we'll stick to our evenly geared server. Best of luck.

18 hours ago, Ereshgikal-DN said:

i agree and EK server is populated especially on asmo idont know about elyos but everytime every camp where you go imet an ely wit groups too everyday and siege on ereshkigal wwas doing great there a lot of players on both side when i do lakrumsiege and i think asmo are more populated than ely in the new server 

9 hours ago, Evilisnear-DN said:

I'm playing in the new server and it isn't dead at all idk where you get that info from. Just the other day we had a really nice siege and it was so balanced between the 2 factions no one was able to get divine. Always recruitments in lfg, parties, pvp daily, weekly, etc And each day it looks like even more people are reaching Lakrum.

Good to hear that EK is doing alright populationwise (aside from faction imbalance). I am playing on DN but I would like to see the new server flourish.

Extra thoughts:

Unbeatable WAS right about this at least: Despite Aion's low player population, the removal of many regions and squeezing everyone into Lakrum has given the illusion of a much more populated playerbase (also helped of course by the population spike from EU players and new/returning players) by increasing player density. I'm playing on DN and I see complaints by legionmates that there are too many people (of both factions) in Lakrum making it too difficult to complete quests. There's also a lot of complaints about unfair pvp (in-game and on forums). Imagine if EK didn't exist and their population was added to DN and KT? We already have too many players on DN (I don't know about KT population but I'm guessing they're having the same issue). And we don't need more practice dummies for people in exchange gear.

On 28/10/2018 at 11:54 PM, Forthyn-KT said:

If you want to enjoy the game as an Asmo, play on DN.

If you want to enjoy the game as an Elyos, play on KT.

do you want to help in something?

recommend elyos to play in DN and asmos play in KT. 

if u "help" as u doing, u are helping the unbalance on the servers. think about a server with 1000 asmos and no elyos. where is the fun? make the game competitive. if u want play a server, go to help ur faction. not to stand in a safe way where all is done and feel pro. 

14 hours ago, DraaKeeN-KT said:

Well. I got  80kk at the new server and almost full inventory open, plus like 56 on Warehouse. And i can tell you, i dint even donate for 1NCCoin. So yeah, everything is cheaper, saddly, we got a lot of People on the opossite side (Asmo). On Sieges theres probably like 240-250 asmos vs 100 Elyos. 

I remember when Aion had incentives to create asmos, but in my server in siege was 300 asmos vs 70 elyos. so sad. more than 1 year and ppl leaving. A LOT. and still they said we were more than asmos hahahaha we don't even had a governor. ask to anyone from kahrun. 

Archived