Jump to content
Ivanka-EK

NCWEST WHY would you make Dredge cross server for EK?!

Recommended Posts

Bryos-DN   

Poor poor you. You went for a carebear server and noticed a minimal part of the game doesnt let you behave that way. Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kubei-DN   

It was already obvious it'll happen. When EU launched their new servers, they were also integrated, so there's not much you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Poor poor you. You went for a carebear server and noticed a minimal part of the game doesnt let you behave that way. Sad.

I came back to the game only to start fresh. I didn't migrate to a new server to be a carebear. I quit the game a while back. How is it "carebear" if everybody is equal starting out? You must be one of those P2W T RASH

Edited by BadCypher-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is true that we have some players with purple and red gear in the old servers. But also is a moment when most of the players in all the servers are in a similar situation. Most of the people is on yellow named gear now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

Poor poor you. You went for a carebear server and noticed a minimal part of the game doesnt let you behave that way. Sad.

Wut. The main draw of EK is a fresh/fair start for new/returning players. They are seeking fair pvp. They're not necessarily going there to be pve only/carebear (I assume by "carebear" you mean "avoiding pvp" or "avoiding killing players in unfair combat" but maybe you should clarify).

 

I know you're another one of those forum celebrities with thousands of post count but try to make sense from time to time instead of simply using your celebrity status to bully other posters.

 

 

 

@Ivanka-EK

Yes, EK should be restricted to only fighting other EK groups for a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same thing happened on Beritra - and you know what?  We dealt with it  ;)  If you want a fresh start, that's great - you picked the right server.  But if you're gonna do pvp stuff you're gonna have to deal with uber geared premades from KT and DN.  And before you claim that I am also P2W rubbish?  Nope.  I have crap gear, I'm on Katalam, and I still go in and do Dredge and Idgel and EC  ;)  Get your big girl/boy pants on and get in there and get some rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaimie-KT said:

The same thing happened on Beritra - and you know what?  We dealt with it  ;)

Is this a bad time to mention cross-server EB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rakesh-DN said:

Is this a bad time to mention cross-server EB?

Never a bad time to mention cross-server EB or anything else we had to cross-server.  It was a necessity at the start lol.

 

It's all well and good to "make a fresh start" but let's be honest here, not EVERYONE on KT or DN started the new patch with Ultimate or even Legendary gear.  I ended up with a PVP weapon (Ancient) and PVE weapon (also Ancient) and one piece of Legendary PVE armour.  I'm grinding it out and working on gear just like everyone else.  That's how the patch is supposed to work lol.  My semi-static for PVE works hard to get through instances so we can gear up to do harder things.  And I'm ok with that  :)

Run Dredge, Idgel, EC, etc... if you lose, you lose.  If you end up on a winning team, that's awesome too.  But that's a chance you took starting out on EK.  We muddled our way through on BR, you can do it too  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirei-KT   
8 hours ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Wut. The main draw of EK is a fresh/fair start for new/returning players. They are seeking fair pvp. They're not necessarily going there to be pve only/carebear (I assume by "carebear" you mean "avoiding pvp" or "avoiding killing players in unfair combat" but maybe you should clarify).

So let me get this straight. EK should get special treatment and be omitted from the cross-server so they can do their own BGs and arenas vs each other and gear up in peace. What's next, nerfed siege deities so that even the fresh players with +5 ancient gear can capture the fortress with ease? No transformation bundles on the BCM for the EK server only?

To me it sounds like what you seek is a private server instead. "Fair" pvp died a whole lot of expansions before 6.0, and while a new server removes the initial gear gap it in no way will shield you from the p2w then Aion is now.

Edited by Mirei-KT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jaimie-KT said:

Never a bad time to mention cross-server EB or anything else we had to cross-server.  It was a necessity at the start lol.

 

It's all well and good to "make a fresh start" but let's be honest here, not EVERYONE on KT or DN started the new patch with Ultimate or even Legendary gear.  I ended up with a PVP weapon (Ancient) and PVE weapon (also Ancient) and one piece of Legendary PVE armour.  I'm grinding it out and working on gear just like everyone else.  That's how the patch is supposed to work lol.  My semi-static for PVE works hard to get through instances so we can gear up to do harder things.  And I'm ok with that  :)

Run Dredge, Idgel, EC, etc... if you lose, you lose.  If you end up on a winning team, that's awesome too.  But that's a chance you took starting out on EK.  We muddled our way through on BR, you can do it too  ;)

Sure, not EVERYONE on KT or DN started with a significant amount of exchange gear. But PLENTY did. Meanwhile, we know that nobody on EK started the patch with any exchange gear. I'm on DN. I have 2 pieces of exchange gear and I get nyerked by most players while doing artifact quests. God mode players killing entire groups by themselves. It was our fault staying on KT/DN knowing that we would be fighting people with exchange gear. But we shouldn't wish it upon people who went to EK for a fair start to have to tough it out in cross server matches. I do not want to see KT/DN teams facing EK for at least a few weeks or months. It doesn't matter that people on BR used to have to just deal with it. That's an appeal to antiquity fallacy ("this is right because we've always done it this way"). Players on BR SHOULD NOT have had to deal with it. And players on EK now should also not have to just deal with it.

 

12 hours ago, Mirei-KT said:

So let me get this straight. EK should get special treatment and be omitted from the cross-server so they can do their own BGs and arenas vs each other and gear up in peace. What's next, nerfed siege deities so that even the fresh players with +5 ancient gear can capture the fortress with ease? No transformation bundles on the BCM for the EK server only?

To me it sounds like what you seek is a private server instead. "Fair" pvp died a whole lot of expansions before 6.0, and while a new server removes the initial gear gap it in no way will shield you from the p2w then Aion is now.

"EK should get special treatment and be omitted from the cross-server so they can do their own BGs and arenas vs each other"

Damn right.

"and gear up in peace."

No there is no peace. Because they will competing against each other.

"What's next, nerfed siege deities so that even the fresh players with +5 ancient gear can capture the fortress with ease? No transformation bundles on the BCM for the EK server only?"

Nobody is suggesting that. Restricting EK to only fight EK will suffice.

"To me it sounds like what you seek is a private server instead."

Private servers have been looking good since 5.X tbh.

"'Fair' pvp died a whole lot of expansions before 6.0,"

That fair pvp has been dead in Aion doesn't mean we should continue to encourage unfair competition.

"and while a new server removes the initial gear gap it in no way will shield you from the p2w then Aion is now."

Removing the initial gear gap is a step in the right direction (and they need to lock EK to only fight EK in order to truly/completely remove the initial gear gap). After a few weeks or months, EK should be ready to compete in cross server. Sure, there will still be a p2w gap afterward, but it won't be as large as the initial one. And it's on NC to continue to deal with the p2w gap to make sure it doesn't get out of hand or they will surely lose another big chunk of their playerbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Sure, not EVERYONE on KT or DN started with a significant amount of exchange gear. But PLENTY did. Meanwhile, we know that nobody on EK started the patch with any exchange gear. I'm on DN. I have 2 pieces of exchange gear and I get nyerked by most players while doing artifact quests. God mode players killing entire groups by themselves. It was our fault staying on KT/DN knowing that we would be fighting people with exchange gear. But we shouldn't wish it upon people who went to EK for a fair start to have to tough it out in cross server matches. I do not want to see KT/DN teams facing EK for at least a few weeks or months. It doesn't matter that people on BR used to have to just deal with it. That's an appeal to antiquity fallacy ("this is right because we've always done it this way"). Players on BR SHOULD NOT have had to deal with it. And players on EK now should also not have to just deal with it.

 

No, my post wasn't an "appeal to antiquity".  It's common sense.  Why should a new server get special treatment?  Nobody forced anyone to play there, it was a choice you made.  So deal with it.  

If you think I don't get spanked in open world you're crazy.  So you know what I do?  I go with a group.  Don't be a baby.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jaimie-KT said:

No, my post wasn't an "appeal to antiquity".  It's common sense.  Why should a new server get special treatment?  Nobody forced anyone to play there, it was a choice you made.  So deal with it.  

If you think I don't get spanked in open world you're crazy.  So you know what I do?  I go with a group.  Don't be a baby.  

Hi Aly or Bryos alt.

Your post surely follows the form of that fallacy.

The new server is aimed at new/returning players. If you want to keep most of them, they shouldn't be competing with players with vast reserves of kinah and exchange gear. That's why players on the new server should receive special treatment. Now -that- is common sense.

If you were paying attention, you would know I don't even play on EK.

"Deal with it" and quitting the game are last resort options. We should be trying to solve problems first.

Maybe -you- like being spanked. Maybe -you- were molested as an Aion child and you're so used to it you think it's ok. Doesn't mean you should wish it upon current new/returning players.

Yeah I join groups too and guess what? There's solo players killing entire groups by themselves. Had 1 guy purposely stand still for about 15 seconds while my group beat on him just because he could. Then, he wiped our group. I've been around Aion for awhile and I've never seen such gear discrepancy.

Let me share my own post from another thread (and read Delessa's posts as well):

Again, there's a line between tough and stupid. In addition, we have real life for getting tough/building character. We don't log into a game to get tough or to prove we are tough. Going around calling people babies and to put on their big boy/girl pants just because they're not a masochist like you? You make me laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not Aly's or Bryos' alt.

The new server is aimed at new and returning players.  However, just as many new and returning players showed up on KT and DN.  Should those people also be getting special treatment?  Should NCSoft wrap them up in soft, fuzzy blankets and keep them from getting killed in PVP?  No, no NCSoft shouldn't be doing that.

Keep in mind, that this patch (as with all patches) is not a sprint.  It's a marathon.  Eventually you will have OP gear and you'll be killing tons of people in PVP as well.  This week, you're undergeared - remember the patch is ONLY A WEEK OLD.  Join a legion, make groups, run around the map.  Do as many camps as you can.  Get your gear.  Do A-Dredge, Idgel, EC, seige.  Even when you lose you get good rewards.  Pretty soon you (and those on EK, and other new and returning players on the other 2 servers) will be able to get their gear and upgrade it.  Will you be able to do it in a month?  Nope.  But that's OK too.  Eventaully everyone will have equal/nearly equal gear and people won't be stomping all over everyone.  

I'm not a masochist.  I'm a realist.  You can't expect one server to recieve preferential treatment.  It's unrealistic.  Veteran players on other servers wouldn't be happy about it - and those players generally spend a pile of cash on the game.  Remember, NCSoft likes to keep those people happy as well.  I don't think that anyone should quit the game.  I've never quit the game - even when I was new and undergeared and had no idea what I was doing.  Hell, I've played this game for 4ish years now?  And I still don't know what I'm doing half the time lol.  But in the end it's a game.  It's not real life, and if you die in PVP you won't die IRL.  

So, equip your crappy PVP gear (that most people are also equipping on all the servers right now) and queue up for your instances and take the loss (or the surprise win!) and be happy.  You'll still get something for showing up and in time you'll upgrade your gear.  And in doing so, you'll be progressing the way the devs intended.  It was never intended to coddle the players on a special server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jaimie-KT said:

Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not Aly's or Bryos' alt.

The new server is aimed at new and returning players.  However, just as many new and returning players showed up on KT and DN.  Should those people also be getting special treatment?  Should NCSoft wrap them up in soft, fuzzy blankets and keep them from getting killed in PVP?  No, no NCSoft shouldn't be doing that.

Keep in mind, that this patch (as with all patches) is not a sprint.  It's a marathon.  Eventually you will have OP gear and you'll be killing tons of people in PVP as well.  This week, you're undergeared - remember the patch is ONLY A WEEK OLD.  Join a legion, make groups, run around the map.  Do as many camps as you can.  Get your gear.  Do A-Dredge, Idgel, EC, seige.  Even when you lose you get good rewards.  Pretty soon you (and those on EK, and other new and returning players on the other 2 servers) will be able to get their gear and upgrade it.  Will you be able to do it in a month?  Nope.  But that's OK too.  Eventaully everyone will have equal/nearly equal gear and people won't be stomping all over everyone.  

I'm not a masochist.  I'm a realist.  You can't expect one server to recieve preferential treatment.  It's unrealistic.  Veteran players on other servers wouldn't be happy about it - and those players generally spend a pile of cash on the game.  Remember, NCSoft likes to keep those people happy as well.  I don't think that anyone should quit the game.  I've never quit the game - even when I was new and undergeared and had no idea what I was doing.  Hell, I've played this game for 4ish years now?  And I still don't know what I'm doing half the time lol.  But in the end it's a game.  It's not real life, and if you die in PVP you won't die IRL.  

So, equip your crappy PVP gear (that most people are also equipping on all the servers right now) and queue up for your instances and take the loss (or the surprise win!) and be happy.  You'll still get something for showing up and in time you'll upgrade your gear.  And in doing so, you'll be progressing the way the devs intended.  It was never intended to coddle the players on a special server.

"Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not Aly's or Bryos' alt."

You sure sounded like Aly going on another "big boy/girl" pants rant and what not..my apologies.

 

"The new server is aimed at new and returning players.  However, just as many new and returning players showed up on KT and DN.  Should those people also be getting special treatment?"

Actually, it would be nice if new/returning players on KT/DN did receive special treatment somehow. But even if we couldn't help new/returning KT/DN players in some way, it doesn't mean we shouldn't help the players on EK. i.e. A complete solution would be nice. But if a complete solution can't be implemented, a partial solution is better than none at all.

New/returning players on KT/DN should have rolled EK if they wanted a fair start. But many new/returning players only rolled KT/DN because EK was announced late and was not advertised to be the server for new/returning players (which it's supposed to be). Instead, Katalam is the 1st Recommended server when creating a toon on a fresh account. So many of these players were unaware. However, leveling up is quick in this patch. So these new/returning players on KT/DN still have a chance to reroll and hit 80 in 1 day if they wish.

 

"Should NCSoft wrap them up in soft, fuzzy blankets and keep them from getting killed in PVP?  No, no NCSoft shouldn't be doing that."

Nobody is arguing for protecting new/returning players from dying in pvp. You're completely missing the point. I'm arguing for fair competition/fair pvp. Players should die fighting each other, but it will be fair competition so that both sides will feel that they had a reasonable chance of winning. When you die you should be thinking "wow my opponent is really good. they outplayed me gg" or "I should have done 'bac' instead of 'abc'". You don't want to be thinking "well there was nothing I could do to win. my opponent hits like a truck and takes negligible damage."

 

"Keep in mind, that this patch (as with all patches) is not a sprint.  It's a marathon.  Eventually you will have OP gear and you'll be killing tons of people in PVP as well.  This week, you're undergeared - remember the patch is ONLY A WEEK OLD.  Join a legion, make groups, run around the map.  Do as many camps as you can.  Get your gear.  Do A-Dredge, Idgel, EC, seige.  Even when you lose you get good rewards.  Pretty soon you (and those on EK, and other new and returning players on the other 2 servers) will be able to get their gear and upgrade it.  Will you be able to do it in a month?  Nope.  But that's OK too.  Eventaully everyone will have equal/nearly equal gear and people won't be stomping all over everyone."

That's why I said to lock EK to fight EK for a few weeks or months. Whatever it takes so that they're reasonably on par with KT/DN. Nobody's saying that EK shouldn't ever fight KT/DN. They should be given some time to catch up though.

 

"I'm not a masochist.  I'm a realist.  You can't expect one server to recieve preferential treatment.  It's unrealistic.  Veteran players on other servers wouldn't be happy about it - and those players generally spend a pile of cash on the game. Remember, NCSoft likes to keep those people happy as well."

I don't know if you're a realist. But from your posts it seems you're a masochist.

p2w players on KT/DN don't need EK players to beat down on. There's already enough players less geared than them on KT/DN to beat on. So I don't see why they would be much happier or less happier if EK were restricted to fighting EK.

Also, NC hasn't only pissed off f2p players in the past. They've managed to nyerk everyone off quite frequently. So, I don't think NC liking to keep anyone happy is an accurate statement.

 

"I don't think that anyone should quit the game.  I've never quit the game - even when I was new and undergeared and had no idea what I was doing.  Hell, I've played this game for 4ish years now?  And I still don't know what I'm doing half the time lol.  But in the end it's a game.  It's not real life, and if you die in PVP you won't die IRL. So, equip your crappy PVP gear (that most people are also equipping on all the servers right now) and queue up for your instances and take the loss (or the surprise win!) and be happy.  You'll still get something for showing up and in time you'll upgrade your gear.  And in doing so, you'll be progressing the way the devs intended.  It was never intended to coddle the players on a special server."

There's a lot of veterans on these forums with the "deal with it or get out" mentality. So I'm glad you don't think the same.

Seems we're pretty similar..a little about myself too: I've played 5+ years and believe me I've done my fair share (more like lion's share) of dying. In 5.8, I was losing about 200 scrolls a day dying in pvp. I've been undergeared in every patch I've played. I've never given up in Arena of Discipline/Hall of Tenacity even against famous p2w players. And I'm an advocate of always trying after queing for something. None of this dodging/spying bullshit and quitting after queing into pvp instances and getting a mismatch.

So this has nothing to do with being a baby/being afraid of getting my armor or wings dirty/being afraid of dying/being coddled/whaddeva you wanna call it. Dying or dying a lot isn't the issue here.

But, to repeat myself from an earlier post..when you die you want to die fruitfully. Did you acquire something (items, currency, etc.)? Did you learn anything new..like how to pvp better? Did you at least distract the enemy so that your group/alliance could complete objectives elsewhere? Was there a reasonable chance of winning/should you try again? etc. Ask yourself these types of questions. If the answer is "no" to most of these questions, then you're an idiot or a masochist. And I realize I've fallen into the "idiot" category one too many times. Yes there are times I tell other players: "If you die in Aion you don't die irl" because they are being too chickenshit to push forward in fair-ish pvp where if they did push forward, the results would be a lot better for us. i.e. they should be taking advantage of opportunities presented even if they die because it's worth it in the end. But, stupid, pointless deaths in pvp exist too.

I don't want to see players in crappy gear dying these kind of stupid deaths against overgeared players. I don't care if that's what the devs intended. And it is what we're accustomed to but it's not right. Players log in to Aion not to prove how tough they are; they log in to have fun. We might not be able to find a solution to help new/returning players on all the servers, but locking EK to only fight EK for a few weeks/months/whatever it takes to reach parity with KT/DN would be a nice start. Ideas for helping all new/returning players are welcome; I'd be interested in reading them.

30 minutes ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

this is a part of being in a new server, most of us went through this when Kahrun, Israphel and Beritra were created.

Again, appeal to antiquity/tradition:

"We 'went through this' when KR/IS/BR were created. Therefore, players on EK should also 'went through this'"

 

Care to give better reasons for why EK should go through what you went through? Any benefit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to clarify... Kahrun did get their dredg/arenas isolated for at least of couple of months. 

I think the issue is more on the # of players. I logged into EK a few hours ago and ran a search on the Elyos. Less than 104 players were playing. I'd say low player numbers is the leading reason why EK is not isolated away from old servers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gundam-KT said:

Just to clarify... Kahrun did get their dredg/arenas isolated for at least of couple of months. 

I think the issue is more on the # of players. I logged into EK a few hours ago and ran a search on the Elyos. Less than 104 players were playing. I'd say low player numbers is the leading reason why EK is not isolated away from old servers. 

 

37 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

If ek was isolated sooner or later u'll see a post that says "wtf is with q times".

This was the only good reason I could think of so far for not isolating EK (queue times). Hopefully, we can get more players on EK Ely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in the case of A-Dredge, Idgel, and EC, you do get rewarded even if you die and lose.   You also, unless you go in with a 6-man pre-made from EK, have a reasonable chance to get put on a team with DN/KT players.  Last night my team carried an EK player to a win in ID.  And, an EK player got carried to a win on the other side in the second match.  So would you look at that, those EK players benefited from the system as it was intended. 

As for reaching parity with KT/DN.  What if in 3 months you don't?  What if you guys are still struggling to get a legendary set together or even just struggling to enchant and purify and ancient set, while half of DN (just for the sake of argument) is finished theirs and working towards an Ultimate set?  I'm not saying this is necessarily feasible, but it's more of a "what if" situation.  Then what?  Should EK be locked for another 6 months?  A year?  Players on EK already have the benefit of being able to PVP in open world without having to be face-rolled - a luxury most players on KT and DN have not been afforded.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 7:50 AM, Mirei-KT said:

So let me get this straight. EK should get special treatment and be omitted from the cross-server so they can do their own BGs and arenas vs each other and gear up in peace. What's next, nerfed siege deities so that even the fresh players with +5 ancient gear can capture the fortress with ease? No transformation bundles on the BCM for the EK server only?

To me it sounds like what you seek is a private server instead. "Fair" pvp died a whole lot of expansions before 6.0, and while a new server removes the initial gear gap it in no way will shield you from the p2w then Aion is now.

Nobody said that. EK should be omitted from cross server until it catches up at least to some degree with the other servers. It is a server that started 6.2 with literally nothing. We don't even have anybody ranked yet. I've been thrown into Dredge with KT and DN groups with most of opposing team already in ultimates. soooo....wut do? Nobody is asking for a hand out. Just give us a break until we can catch the F up

On 10/31/2018 at 0:44 PM, Jaimie-KT said:

Players on EK already have the benefit of being able to PVP in open world without having to be face-rolled - a luxury most players on KT and DN have not been afforded.  

 

Ehh....if you're Elyos you're likely going to get steam rolled by asmo groups while doing anything open world on EK. lol Most of them are terrible thankfully, but they do have a lot more members on their faction. At least we are all about equally geared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2018 at 11:37 AM, 2s3004E2-DN said:

I know you're another one of those forum celebrities with thousands of post count but try to make sense from time to time instead of simply using your celebrity status to bully other posters.

 

That particular gentleman was once a very helpful personality who advocated against such nonsense.

Whatever happened, makes one wonder.

@Ivanka-EK

Yes, EK should have zero business with other servers. But it's obvious it's NC's way to giving those with compensated gear more people to beat on to feed their egos.

---

@2s3004E2-DN

What you posted above which I won't quote is exactly why 4.0 was so successful. BM leveled the playing field and make it possible for everyone to have a reasonable chance against the other. BM could fight 65 A2 on even footing depending on player skill. In any case it was never a one sided roll, there was a learning process and gradual improvement. I saw many players who evolved into competent PVPers through BM (I actually taught a few of them by dueling them nonstop). Nowadays there is nothing to teach, you do no damage, the opponent does massive damage. You can have perfect rotations and they can auto attack you to death. The tables have flipped entirely to the point where non geared players are pretty much worse than even mobs - mobs hit harder.

Aion in 6.0+ is basically "gear = win", skill is irrelevant, you don't need it.

To date since 2011, I have not seen a single patch bring back more players than 4.0 did and it wasn't because of a merge, the merge happened in 3.0.

Edited by Delessa-DN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×