Forums

Can we start being smart about the cash shop?

Jake-DN

So it's been ever so evident that NCSoft KR is much like Nintendo, in the sense that they have no true knowledge of marketing or how to run a business.

I don't know about NCSoft, but Nintendo has been banking off the fact that they have tons of previous profit to fund whatever crazy gigs they want.

The whole point of why Aion has been alive for so long has been the sense of the fast paced and fluid combat system. There's way too many issues for anyone to continue playing aside from the fact that out of any MMO, Aion has had the combat system down nicely. If it didn't feel right and play right, people wouldn't keep playing considering all of the nonsense that has occured in the past 9 years.

With that being said, IT IS A NEED for the game to allow people to obtain a decent amount of Movement Speed + Attack/Cast Speed. 

I know we're still new to the patch, and honestly I'm not sure if the 50% cap has been removed, and with end game gear allowing more attack speed, but the game will not succeed if people continue to not be able to obtain the previous minimum of movement and attack speed to at least feel like what it should be (i.e. 30%+22% run speed, 19%+8%+9% attack speed). 

I know you guys are limited in what you are ALLOWED to make an edit on, not what you are CAPABLE of, as been proven in the past, but do understand, like all patches the new patch feeling will wear off soon, and if people can't play at a decent pace, it will drop off quick. 

When the rates are so abysmal that even players who drop bank on the game still can't get minimum stats from patches prior, that's a huge issue. This is a needed change for the health of the game.

It needs to be addressed.

9 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

I know we're still new to the patch, and honestly I'm not sure if the 50% cap has been removed,

Only Kaisinel Ultimate Transformation surpass the cap and brings it to 60%

9 hours ago, Jake-DN said:

but the game will not succeed if people continue to not be able to obtain the previous minimum of movement and attack speed to at least feel like what it should be (i.e. 30%+22% run speed, 19%+8%+9% attack speed). 

With an Ancient Contract we can reach really close to our old confortable zone of Atk/Cast & Mov Speed values from previous updates, and right from the first day of the update we have an event that awards an Ancient Contract, so in that regard i think we are going in the right direction.

5.8 values  

Running Scroll 30% + Boots 22% =  52% mov speed

Atk speed scroll 9%  + gloves 9% + weapon 19% = 37% atk speed

6.2 values with Legendary Genesis Crystal Gear and Fennec_Fox ancient transformation

Boots 13%  + Fennec 45% = 58% mov speed

Weapon 12% + Fennec 21% = 33% atk speed

values with Legendary Noble Rubrum (crafted set) and Bloodfang transformation

Boots 16 % + Bloodfang 45% =  61% mov speed

Orb 14% + Bloodfang  21% = 35% cast speed

Archived