Forums

Things that need a second look, if you want Aion to survive.

Arhangelos

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Maybe they (we?) just think and see things differently than you.

Heaven forbid.

Apparently not thinking just like you makes other people not only wrong.. but stupid and evil.

giphy.gif

1) I find the defense of extortion, when the defenders are likewise being extorted to be puzzling.

2) Where on earth did I ever mention "wrong", "stupid", or "evil"?!

Maybe you should work for NC, I mean why is Cyan even employed if there are players like you who are ready to jump on the defense wagon? As for the other guy, that last reply doesn't warrant a response as as such none will be given, ad hominem trolling. Actually that last part applies to you,by modern standards the GIF is obviously a form of implied microaggression. Although I find it amusing more than anything that you think it's insulting. The irony is you're using a MAGA insult at me... when I'm a MAGA guy.

2 hours ago, Delessa-DN said:

1) I find the defense of extortion, when the defenders are likewise being extorted to be puzzling.

Maybe you should work for NC, I mean why is Cyan even employed if there are players like you who are ready to jump on the defense wagon? As for the other guy, that last reply doesn't warrant a response as as such none will be given, ad hominem trolling. Actually that last part applies to you,by modern standards the GIF is obviously a form of implied microaggression. Although I find it amusing more than anything that you think it's insulting. The irony is you're using a MAGA insult at me... when I'm a MAGA guy.

What’s funny is that for me this extortion had the opposite effect.  I’m no longer playing Aion. 

I am a launch player who spent THOUSANDS on this game. 

I pre-ordered this game.   My pre order bonuses were taken from me and no longer available. 

I paid a monthly sub for loyalty rewards.   Those were taken from me and not available to new characters.

I paid Cash for the first expansion that came with a unique pet.  This was taken from me and is no longer available for new characters. 

I bought that god awful Aion Magazine if anyone remembers that.   Rewards no longer available  

I spent days of my life mastering alchemy for scrolls and pots.   NCSoft just removes the craft entirely.

I spent thousands on gear as in the past you could use old gear for a long time in a new patch.  NCSoft invalidates gear immediately for the first time rendering it all useless.   Not just outdated and 2nd tier - but useless.

Now Aion wants to take all my casting gear and scrolls away from me and make me buy stupid RNg transforms from their shop for the same effect.   Oh, and drain my resources by making me spend time or money to not look like a stuffed animal.

Ive had enough.  My wallet is closed.   I wish you nothing but utter failure and the financials, when the initial wave of idiots rushing for Kaisenel transforms ends, will speak for themselves.

10 hours ago, Channing-DN said:

What’s funny is that for me this extortion had the opposite effect.  I’m no longer playing Aion. 

I pre-ordered this game.   My pre order bonuses were taken from me and no longer available. 

I paid a monthly sub for loyalty rewards.   Those were taken from me and not available to new characters.

I paid Cash for the first expansion that came with a unique pet.  This was taken from me and is no longer available for new characters. 

I bought that god awful Aion Magazine if anyone remembers that.   Rewards no longer available  

I spent days of my life mastering alchemy for scrolls and pots.   NCSoft just removes the craft entirely.

I spent thousands on gear as in the past you could use old gear for a long time in a new patch.  NCSoft invalidates gear immediately for the first time rendering it all useless.   Not just outdated and 2nd tier - but useless.

Now Aion wants to take all my casting gear and scrolls away from me and make me buy stupid RNg transforms from their shop for the same effect.   Oh, and drain my resources by making me spend time or money to not look like a stuffed animal.

Ive had enough.  My wallet is closed.   I wish you nothing but utter failure and the financials, when the initial wave of idiots rushing for Kaisenel transforms ends, will speak for themselves.

I really think the NCsoft devs are just a couple of guys who don't really care about this game. It can't be a whole team of people, one of them would have stood up and said, " wait, don't do that to the game, that is a horrible idea." Koreans are great artists, but when it comes to designing a game, they need to let the Japanese and Americans handle it, they have terrible ideas in their games,  obsessed with RNG and stuffed animals,  ugh. Live and learn, stay away from any Korean made MMO, you're going to get ripped off, and have a bad time.

Well. I was hoping for 6.x to be the revival of the game. But just a few months after its release, KR servers got merged due to lack of playerbase. It means even in a truly free model (F2P) this patch sucked hard and people left the game. Pay2Win still rules and makes an enormou gap between f2p, p2w and casual players...
6.5 fixes some of those flaws just like 6.2 turned Aion Refly (the raw 6.0) a bit more playable...

But, for me, this game is going down and not making a hit since 4.0
The game still not welcomes casual players,  they tried to make a type of gacha system with thse transformations and all.

A bit frustrated with everything but not surprised

On 4/11/2018 at 7:59 AM, Kinks-DN said:

@Cyan   I hope you are reading this and you will forward this to the powers that be.

I haven't posted in forums in forever I feel, and I have been playing this game off and on since 2009? 2010? or so-
I downloaded the new patch because I quit before cause I refused to waste my time on the grind.

Out of everything the removal of run scrolls in favor of these ridiculous transforms was the dumbest thing ever.
It was the opposite of simplifying a system, and made it more confusing and convoluted with the options you have.

I also agree with the conflict on character immersion and customization; I didn't spend real money on outfits and tickets
for my character to be pigeon-holed into an ugly transformation- either make the effect toggled off or refund everyone for the money they now apparently wasted.

totally agreed!

On 11/4/2018 at 10:26 AM, Lapis-DN said:

1. Nobody is taking your words as something relevant. You should just stop.

Calling an all status boosting item something optional when you don't have scrolls to use anymore is ridiculous and nonsense, just shut up, u're not helping LOL

2. You can complain about game economy, content shrink and transformation mechanics ALL AT THE SAME TIME

>NC takes away scrolls, which were mandatory prior to 6.2 (everyone used them, and used the same grade/tier), and replaces them with transforms

>We ask for ancient transforms to get old speeds back

>White knights tell us "NCSoft isn't a charity" and that using transforms is optional

k

"You can complain about game economy, content shrink and transformation mechanics ALL AT THE SAME TIME"

MIND. nyerkING. BLOWN.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:19 AM, Aly-DN said:

It really seem to be a case of "I want my cake and I want to eat it, too".

We really need to look at the facts that we cannot change and then decide what we want to do. We can't demand that the unchangeable facts change just for us.

The Korean Devs took out scrolls and put in the transform system. This is the way they want their game to play. Definitely for cash purposes, but also for their own vision of the way the game should be played. We know that this does not change in the next patch (6.5), because that patch has been released in Korea already. That's what we have to go on at this point. That's fact. No amount of complaining is going to change that.

So this is what we have to work with if we decide this is the game we want to continue to play.

The Korean Devs also placed in the game to -not- see the look of the transform, so they did recognize that not everyone would instantly fall in love with being a fuzzy rodent or a male balaur. That's good. 

We can now..

1. Chose not to use the transform system because we don't like the look of it, but if we do we have to realize that not every group is going to be alright with that. If this is the option we chose, we will need to find others that play just like us and make our own, un-transformed group or quick entry everything.
  2. Chose to use the transform system, but only with transparent scrolls. In this case we have to always pick the bundle of transparent scrolls from our 7x weekly/daily luna and save our luna materials to craft the transparent scrolls whenever they come up on our craft list. We also can buy these off the broker, which means we need to spend time in game farming enough kinah to do so. Lastly, we can use real money to buy the transparent scrolls from the BCM.
  3. Chose to use the transform system and use it by any means we can.. transparent or not. This is the easiest of the cases because the non-transparent scrolls are more readily available and cheaper. Most of the player base will pick this one.

No one is suggesting that we can't lobby NCWest for some easing of the system, since they 100% cannot change it. (That decision is made in Korea.) NCWest can make both types of scroll more readily available in game -and- make them cheaper. I think we have made the case for this many times over.

@Cyan

"It really seem to be a case of 'I want my cake and I want to eat it, too'."

No it's more like "NCSoft took our cake and we want it back."

On 11/4/2018 at 6:57 PM, Delessa-DN said:

"I mean why is Cyan even employed if there are players like you who are ready to jump on the defense wagon?"

lol good point. I think Aly and Shirayuki and some others should be compensated by NCSoft for their outstanding dedication. I mean I've seen some of these white knights doing this for years.

On 11/4/2018 at 9:07 PM, Channing-DN said:

Haven't you heard that NCSoft isn't a charity and you shouldn't be looking for handouts?

Ok I can't say that with a straight face.

20 hours ago, Raiuken-KT said:

I really think the NCsoft devs are just a couple of guys who don't really care about this game. It can't be a whole team of people, one of them would have stood up and said, " wait, don't do that to the game, that is a horrible idea." Koreans are great artists, but when it comes to designing a game, they need to let the Japanese and Americans handle it, they have terrible ideas in their games,  obsessed with RNG and stuffed animals,  ugh. Live and learn, stay away from any Korean made MMO, you're going to get ripped off, and have a bad time.

"wait, don't do that to the game, that is a horrible idea."

*insert "throw guy out of the window" meme*

On 11/4/2018 at 3:29 PM, Venere-DN said:

I totally agree with your post and it's sad that there's no way to look like your character is meant to look. All the time that you need to do anything, you're supposed to transform.

The Transparent transformation should be a default option that you NEED to be able to have on your char, without ANY payement. 

Why should I pay to look like Aion is designed to look ? 

As i mentioned in some other posts, you can't create a game and rule it somehow for 10 years and then put it upside down and just pretend that the people will just stay silent and accept your changes. Mostly if you ruin even the aestethical part of it, which is the main appeal of Aion, compared to other MMORPGs.

By the way, broker fees are so unaccetable too. 

And the funny thing is that they didn't even mention about the kinah broker tax fee change on the Patch notes, like if they didn't even change anything about it.

Then you sell 10kk of stuff and 1.5 kk it's of taxes.

Even in real life I don't pay so many taxes, but on Aion I must do.

No words...

AkkpP.gif

Yeah, exactly!

4 hours ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

>NC takes away scrolls, which were mandatory prior to 6.2 (everyone used them, and used the same grade/tier), and replaces them with transforms

>We ask for ancient transforms to get old speeds back

>White knights tell us "NCSoft isn't a charity" and that using transforms is optional

k

"You can complain about game economy, content shrink and transformation mechanics ALL AT THE SAME TIME"

MIND. nyerkING. BLOWN.

"It really seem to be a case of 'I want my cake and I want to eat it, too'."

No it's more like "NCSoft took our cake and we want it back."

"I mean why is Cyan even employed if there are players like you who are ready to jump on the defense wagon?"

lol good point. I think Aly and Shirayuki and some others should be compensated by NCSoft for their outstanding dedication. I mean I've seen some of these white knights doing this for years.

Haven't you heard that NCSoft isn't a charity and you shouldn't be looking for handouts?

Ok I can't say that with a straight face.

"wait, don't do that to the game, that is a horrible idea."

*insert "throw guy out of the window" meme*

u haven't gotten my point i think.

i'm on the side of people that think transformations are very necessary (lets say mandatory) if you wish to play this game. 
So transparent scrolls can't be somethig rare in this scenario 

Transformation are REQUIRED, no not by NCFAIL but, groups and alliances kick you if you don't use them, therefore no gear, no GP, no kinah, NO PLAYING THE GAME without them once you reach level 80. Yes, you can level to 80 fine without using them, after that, you use them or do NOTHING.

I did not spend real money on skins nor did I spend over an hour in character creation only to hide my efforts behind a cartoon or a monster transformation. I did not create my characters as they are to be forced to spend 200-300 dollars per week to hide those REQUIRED transformations.

So four possible solutions:

1. Remove the ability to kick anyone from any group or alliance. (Bad idea due to the AFK abuse that would happen)

2. Make transparent scrolls FREE. (Easiest to implement)

3. Return the old scrolls as an option, craftable and, for the same price as before. (means restoring some old drops and content)

4. Give us a transformation toggle, like the Asmo mane toggle. (not difficult but, needs devs to do it.)

@Arxaggelos-KT I agree with you. But. The transformation system is the way it is because of Korea. I don't think we can blame NC for that. I still think scrolls were just fine.

However, I would like to see a changing in the system too, as well as the kinah curency.

Right now, the only thing that bothers me is "farming" Spirit Fragments. I need to break the very thing I'm trying to get. I broke 2 yellows and got 6 fragments in total. Then, I broke a purple and got 11. Then, I spent my last kinah for a Red and got 9 fragments.

We all know we need hundreds if not thousands of them to evol e gear. I wish to see in the near future an event that has Spirit Fragments as a reward, like Daeva Dash for example. I think we can agree that event felt the most rewarding and funny to play :D

32 minutes ago, TheStorm-KT said:

@Arxaggelos-KT I agree with you. But. The transformation system is the way it is because of Korea. I don't think we can blame NC for that. I still think scrolls were just fine.

However, I would like to see a changing in the system too, as well as the kinah curency.

Right now, the only thing that bothers me is "farming" Spirit Fragments. I need to break the very thing I'm trying to get. I broke 2 yellows and got 6 fragments in total. Then, I broke a purple and got 11. Then, I spent my last kinah for a Red and got 9 fragments.

We all know we need hundreds if not thousands of them to evol e gear. I wish to see in the near future an event that has Spirit Fragments as a reward, like Daeva Dash for example. I think we can agree that event felt the most rewarding and funny to play :D

I got a 170 spirit fragments from crafting and breaking stuff earlier. Seems you would want to craft either weapons or wings because those require high amounts of kibrium meaning more stuff from breaking them. This numbers applies to weapons probably wings as well 5-7 for ancient disenchanting 20-28 for legendary disenchanting and 90-110 for ultimate disenchanting.

For the love of everything in the game, LOWER the kinah costs for the broker.  7M kinah to list something for 75m kinah.  REALLY????  You give us NO way of making ANY kinah in the game and give us a kinah sink on the broker.  Aetherforging is expensive as all get out.  If you didn't level to 300 before the patch (thankfully I did), you will never make it to level 300 to be able to craft any gear.

AF Scrolls cost too much, the stones on the broker cost too much, we do not have a private store to sell anything anymore, it will only be a matter of time until most everyone runs out of kinah in the game.

The economy is NOT self sufficient or anywhere near to being balanced as a new player is screwed in this game.  Good luck getting any gold bars or any good gear!

If ANYTHING, please lower the costs for the broker.  That is the only way that people who have kinah don't keep sinking it.  Otherwise the whole economy becomes stagnant and the game dies.

The End.

i used to pretty much keep the broker loaded, part of my fun was brokering and, hunting for the things that sold the quickest for the best prices. I brokered ONE item since this update, it cost too much - I won't broker anything else. Either it's for the character I'm playing at the moment or, it's NPC vendor fodder, or if it can't be sold, it's destroyed.

We can't trade items to our alts, we can't trade kinah to our alts and, we can't afford the loss of using the broker - can't even earn enough to affors to broker anything now with a new character. Only way is if you have a main like mine that had close to 5 BILLION on it before the update but, I can't send thing to off my alts to the one than could afford to broker them and, even if I did, I can't get the kinah back to my alts. (by the way, brokered on item, bought 10 transparent transformations, did quests form level 72-80, that 4.2 Billion is now 3.3 Billion - Yep down 1.9 BILLION in one day - that economy is DEAD.) 

No brokering, no fast travel, no teleporting, no transforming, nothing that costs kinah PERIOD until I finally get my wasted kinah back and, the economy recovers.

32 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

i used to pretty much keep the broker loaded, part of my fun was brokering and, hunting for the things that sold the quickest for the best prices. I brokered ONE item since this update, it cost too much - I won't broker anything else. Either it's for the character I'm playing at the moment or, it's NPC vendor fodder, or if it can't be sold, it's destroyed.

We can't trade items to our alts, we can't trade kinah to our alts and, we can't afford the loss of using the broker - can't even earn enough to affors to broker anything now with a new character. Only way is if you have a main like mine that had close to 5 BILLION on it before the update but, I can't send thing to off my alts to the one than could afford to broker them and, even if I did, I can't get the kinah back to my alts. (by the way, brokered on item, bought 10 transparent transformations, did quests form level 72-80, that 4.2 Billion is now 3.3 Billion - Yep down 1.9 BILLION in one day - that economy is DEAD.) 

No brokering, no fast travel, no teleporting, no transforming, nothing that costs kinah PERIOD until I finally get my wasted kinah back and, the economy recovers.

Same, I used to have fun selling things on broker, was a good feeling to log in the next day and see all the stuff you sold, can't do that now. No fun. What is left for someone like me? game has to have more depth than just running around killing stuff. a MMORPG should have tons of things to do and tons of gear to get, all kinds of odd things you can come across, other than fighting. I used to enjoy gathering and crafting too, I know a lot of people hated that, but for me stuff like that adds immersion to a game and immersion on mmos is a good thing.

12 hours ago, Lapis-DN said:

u haven't gotten my point i think.

i'm on the side of people that think transformations are very necessary (lets say mandatory) if you wish to play this game. 
So transparent scrolls can't be somethig rare in this scenario 

I got your point buddy. We're on the same side. My post was making fun of the white knights and their pitiful excuses for arguments.

1) Transparent scrolls should be the default, you can look "special" with other kind.

1a) this is a simple swap of transform scrolls into normal scrolls and vice versa in the store.

2) The kinah nerf made paying for things ridiculously expensive, you're not making 30k kinah every 6 minutes to sustain the scrolls, you can't. The broker doesn't generate kinah it only moves it around.

2a) Removing kinah from players who had billions with this patch was ridiculous as it was, I had 3 billion when I quit, I logged back in to find 700 million and 200 million in boxes. Really, way to remove 66% of my kinah without cause.

This is unsustainable.

If this does not change in a while, I might go back to WoW.

For 10$ a month you can:

-PvP unrestricted

-Tons of dungeons with

-Tons of raids

-millions of players

I just don't get why AION is so restrictive. Why so punitive to players? Why it has to be like this?
If AION was a monthly fee game lets say 10-15 bucks a month with not restrictions on dungeons entries, dredgions, arenas, I would gladly pay for it.

Copy WoW model regarding this kind of stuff and see the game prosper. Keep being a nyerking greed company with a P2W model and see this game loosing more and more players each day.

EDIT. This game should be renamed: AION Cool Downs of Eternity. Where everything has a nyerking cool down, even teleport between regions...

@FredFlintstone-DN Sadly most of us didn't max our craft/AF lvls before the patch and like you said, it would cost us too much to do it now. Another problem connected to this one is that if we wanna buy crafted gear from broker, we would have to spend hundreds of milions (which most of us don't have) in order to get Spirit Fragments for 1 item....not to mention the whole set :/

So yeah, until something changes in the rates and currency, we're doomed :D

Here's a list of things I think would make the game a little better (keep in mind this is just an opinion):

-Lower the broker fee to be 0.5% of the listed price (example: item worth of 70 mil to be listed for 350k)

-Rise the Spirit Fragments drop rates a little

-Put Legendary PVP enchantment stones on BCM. The reason for this one is the following: as we know, the only place where you can buy PVP stones (which btw are sadly Ancient only) is an NPC right next to the PVP gear NPCs and can be purchased with Genesis Crystals. Many people are saving their crystals to be able to buy those stones, but then they're left with only 2 ways of farming Spirit Fragments; Crafting & Broker. I believe it would benefit players as well as NCsoft if they'd put PVP stones on BCM, so that people can then farm Crystals and break that gear, without worrying they'd run out of kinah to buy gear from broker.  P2W players can keep/sell the stones, and free-to-play players can spend their kinah on something that would benefit them 10 times more. 

-Make the transparent scrolls affordable by ingame means

-And of course, it's always nice to bring rewarding events :D 

Archived