Things that need a second look, if you want Aion to survive.

Arhangelos

11 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Totally understanding that some people will find the transforms objectionable if they don't have an option to make them invisible. And there -is- an option for that with those special scrolls. I believe those scrolls (and the others, actually) should be cheaper and more available in game.

Just making the point that having the look of our characters altered to give us stat bonuses is not new. Yes. It was a smaller bonus before and for those of us wanting to be competitive, every little bit helped and we used them. We hated them, but we used them. It's true that the transforms are pretty much required for most everything now (other than standing around afk) and that players are pretty much forced to use them to get anything done.

The hand wringing might be just a -tad- overblown since this really isn't a new concept and there is a way to make the transform invisible. 

It is a new concept to either move at base movement speed, when 22% plus Speed Scroll was standard in the old system.  Similarly, you could have cast speed at 27% + Scroll was also standard without having to look like a cartoon animal.

You seem like you love Aion and are very forgiving of whatever they decide to implement.  I am not.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You quoted my words, but I don't think you read them. Probably because you are too overwrought over this whole thing, which pretty much proves my point.

Don't try to belittle me because I disagree with you over how annoying I find the new transform system vs. candies.  I did read your post - I understood it.  I dislike the change.  It doesn't make me "overwrought" because I dislike something.  White knight more?

25 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You quoted my words, but I don't think you read them. Probably because you are too overwrought over this whole thing, which pretty much proves my point.

Aly we understand your point but you do not seem to understand that for us the aesthetics of playing our chars is far above any system with candies. I was also the type of person that never used candies. When you say the whole thing with transformations is not new, we know this and we avoided it at all costs. And when you say that it is overblown you do not take into consideration that we might care a little too much for the appearance and the aesthetic of game, some people might like it, others might find it OK, others might have no opinion on it, others might find it ugly but acceptable and others might find it a game breaker, I belong to the last group. There are a few things that I literally act like I have autism, aesthetics is one of them. I cannot stand bad taste, and the whole transformation system is a big vomit for me.

Yes, there is a way to hide it, yes it is expensive, and yes we addressed it. I agree with you but you have to agree with us on how awful it is. Saying "we had to play with this for a long time" if you haven't hit Shift+F12 just to hide the fennec fox people around you in 5.8 and before that, then you do not understand how hard it is for us to play like this, you are smart and you understand this types of people do exist. And this won't just benefit us if they change it, it will benefit everyone who gives the least amount of attention to skins and details about their chars.

So lets make peace, no war. We both say the same thing, and we simply put a different weight in what we say.

Well, flood away, as in enough to use them continuously for 12 hours per day, everyday NO CHARGE of any kind and, make that a daily bag of them in my inbox please - 75 per day should do it and, remember those all must be totally free. Make it easy, they come in bags of 20 so 4 bags per day will do.

Some don't seem to get it - if spending 5 BILLION Kinah per character to achieve a look is worth it to us, what makes anyone think using anything that would alter that into a stupid cartoon or monster look would be anything but totally abhorrent, terrible, the worst thing to do as far as we're concerned, regardless of the boosts offered in doing so?

The ONLY one I would be able to tolerate using on RARE occasions is the Kasinel transformation. Yes I tried a shugo, tiger, chihuahua, deathknight and, penguin ALL of them had to be clicked off in under 3 seconds. I cannot tolerate playing like that, can't even handle standing around looking like that.

I NEVER used candies, no matter the boost offered, I hate Verandi's Asmo quest and Kromeads Trial, I never did events that made me transform. I cannot do the transformations PERIOD and, I should not be gimped or, have to pay to keep my characters looking like my characters.

16 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

I never did events that made me transform.

Woah what really? O_O You literally never got the amazing rewards from SFT, Kumuki, etc because you didn't want to transform? Bud, I understand hating the candies -- I hate looking like them too -- but you missed out on some amazing rewards.

So be it, I CANNOT play transformed regardless of the rewards or buffs it might give. I did Daeva Dash but, never chose a costume for it, just ran it as is. When Kromeads Triall was repeatable, I did it ONCE that's it and, that was a stressful 20 minutes - not fun, not enjoyable at all. I dreaded making a new Asmo, still do because of the Verandi transformation thing you have to do.

I tried a few new transformations, I can't play like that PERIOD, I have to remove them in under 3 seconds, too annoying and just plain wrong regardless of the boosts given, not worth it. I can play without them, I might be gimped a bit but, so be it, at least I'm enjoying my game and I'm not looking totally stupid. I AM NOT A COSTUME FREAK OR A FURRY I REFUSE TO BE ONE IN A GAME!

Nothing against people that actually are furies but, I'm not one and, even looking like one in a game is 100% abhorrent, stressful and annoying to me. (Do the Devs even realize the connotations of forcing us to be a furry in the game?)

While you all are QQing about why transparent scrolls aren't in the in-game kinah shop, I've already gotten 100 for the firsk week without raising my little finger, just afking Luna. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They're brokerable so you can even sell from your alts to your main.

I have several accounts that I will soon delete and keep only one. I am playing since the beginning in 2009, I survived many PK and endured many zergs because I'm a PvE only but this last big patch will be my last time playing Aion if there won't be any changes. I never used anything that would change the look of my toons, I did not need any transformations before and it was okay. I have lost all fun playing Aion and if I cannot even try to finish a quest, sometimes I do not even reach the place of the quest before I get killed with one shot, I will leave Aion to the PvPers, hoping they will still have fun killing themselves! 

P.S. I know this is a PvE- PvP game, but now it's only a PvP game...have fun!

Transformations are pure and utter garbage.

1) you look like an idiot

2) they last 3-7 minutes

2a) so in an hour of game-play you can burn 10-20 scrolls and that's without dying

2b) scrolls are expensive, far too expensive and they are uncraftable unlike old scrolls where a you would use 12 per hour (run and attack speed) which you could craft after gathering for roughly 5 minutes.

3) for 4 million you can get 10 scrolls, that's 400k per scroll or roughly 20x the price of the old scroll set which cost 20k

3a) 10 scrolls is roughly 30-70 minutes of game play, people cannot farm 4 million kinah in half an hour. It's simply not possible.

3b) this is assuming you don't die, dying hikes the cost up exponentially

--

How on earth does this compensate players who had hundreds if not thousands of 1h scrolls that lasted through death from before this patch? Or actually how in hell does this even work? To have even the most basic run speed buff you're looking at 2.2 million per hour, just to run faster?

I mean is this the "everyone needs to start botting" patch?

27 minutes ago, Aroch-DN said:

They cost 27.6k. It's almost same like its was before for scrolls but with better stats now.

Thanks, didn't notice that one.

"Better stats" citation required.

1) it costs 10 million per contract box

2) all the common grade ones are actually worse than simply using scrolls as most of them only give move speed without attack/cast/critical strike

2a) due to move and attack speed being removed/neutered on boots/gloves/weapons, you need at minimum purple transforms to actually make up for the lost stats

3) once you factor in the 10m a pop gambles, scrolls might be infinitely better if your luck fails

3a) case in point, I opened 20 boxes this afternoon and got 3 green 17 white.

I may have missed this Pika, if someone mentioned this already.

If you collect the 7x mad tissues in contaminated underpath, you get the key that opens the chest which gives you the choice of 1 lvl 80 manastone, 20x transparent transformation scrolls (which can be sold on broker), among other things.

Obviously, this takes 7 days to get, but I always did my Lunas throughout 5.x and i have hundreds of these tissues to trade in (I know i play a different games sometime pika).

Just letting people know if they didn't know already that you can obtain these transparent scrolls in game.

4 minutes ago, Pikachu-KT said:

I may have missed this Pika, if someone mentioned this already.

If you collect the 7x mad tissues in contaminated underpath, you get the key that opens the chest which gives you the choice of 1 lvl 80 manastone, 20x transparent transformation scrolls (which can be sold on broker), among other things.

Obviously, this takes 7 days to get, but I always did my Lunas throughout 5.x and i have hundreds of these tissues to trade in (I know i play a different games sometime pika).

Just letting people know if they didn't know already that you can obtain these transparent scrolls in game.

Yes, 20 per week, that isn't even enough for ONE DAY of playing. Run them non stop for 10 hours per day, now, give enough to do that every day adn, I'll stop- complaining about the silly transformations. Until then, it IS A PAY TO SEE DEFAULT and, that's WRONG!

9 hours ago, Delessa-DN said:

2a) due to move and attack speed being removed/neutered on boots/gloves/weapons, you need at minimum purple transforms to actually make up for the lost stats

to say we need minimum a Legendary transform It is exaggerating a bit bro

On 29/10/2018 at 1:15 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

With an Ancient Contract we can reach really close to our old confortable zone of Atk/Cast & Mov Speed values from previous updates, and right from the first day of the update we have an event that awards Ancient Contracts, so in that regard i think we are going in the right direction.

5.8 values  

Running Scroll 30% + Boots 22% =  52% mov speed

Atk speed scroll 9%  + gloves 9% + weapon 19% = 37% Atk speed

Cast speed scroll 9%  + gloves 8% + weapon 20% = 37% Cast speed

6.2 values with Legendary Genesis Crystal Gear and Fennec_Fox ancient transformation

Boots 13%  + Fennec 45% = 58% mov speed

Weapon 12% + Fennec 21% = 33% atk speed

values with Legendary Noble Rubrum (crafted set) and Bloodfang transformation

Boots 16 % + Bloodfang 45% =  61% mov speed

Orb 14% + Bloodfang  21% = 35% cast speed

This event that awards ancient contracts would only be relevant if you could pick the transform you want, but you can't. So if you play say, gladi or sin, and you get your ancient contract and you end up with an Ancient Tiamat Drakans, guess what you got out of it? NOTHING. You are gimped behind such an RNG heavy paywalled mechanic that I'm sure EA would be proud.

People aren't mad at the transformation system. They're mad at how it's been implemented. It's an obvious cash grab and luckily for NC, there's enough whales around that will spend the money to keep em afloat after most people say screw it. 

1 hour ago, DevilNest-KT said:

to say we need minimum a Legendary transform It is exaggerating a bit bro

You are correct if it's red gear. However, if we're talking about gold/purple gear (crafted purple that is), legendary is required to match previous stats.

I agree with the table you posted but that is specific to 1 transform out of 11 which is not guaranteed in the least where as scrolls were guaranteed. If we look at it realistically, to get gold+ transforms you're buying those 8000 NC coin packs. Compared to scrolls this is a no brainer, scrolls are supreme as even if they might give slightly less than an optimal transform; they're more accessible.

But yes, I was exaggerating slightly; that was the point.

You can use 30mins scrolls still... if you keep them in boxes before update.

I have 30 collectors edition scrolls.

well you should try to give accurate info otherwise this creates a snowball of rumors and misinformation. 
For example this happened to many wrongly informed players at 5.6 / 5.8 times

On 2/1/2018 at 11:02 PM, khaly-KT said:

Play 5.8 for what? everything I get will now be lost and knowing NC, maybe not even rewarded.

for me to skip this update and have 6.0 in March at most would be good

i'm glad that i sticked around and imformed myself better, i like my compensated gear hahaha

just did a FM run full geared group ooohh feels so good 4 minutes boss fight not 2 hours of fails after fails like 5.8

I am not a pure f2p player, I like to spend 10-20$ each month on my entertainment, but for me another important issue is enchantment rates, which are calculated for existing users, because they have hundreds and thousands of those stones. But as a new player, or a returnee player, I have no chance to catch up with them...

On 10/30/2018 at 4:07 AM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

P.S. i know you can buy 1 transformation contract per week for 9,9m but that is absolutely nothing. people have opened 200x contracts only to get nothing good.

What means "nothing good"? May they be empty, unworking, or you mean you dislike the way they look? What if I made transparent transformation scrolls in Luna, Is there any way to get a contract in the game? Or only BCM? Is 1 transformation contract enough to use many scrolls on it? Then if I ONLY use transparent scrolls, there is no difference what transformation I get by a contract? Or there is? 

Archived