Things that need a second look, if you want Aion to survive.

Arhangelos

34 minutes ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

What means "nothing good"? May they be empty, unworking, or you mean you dislike the way they look? What if I made transparent transformation scrolls in Luna, Is there any way to get a contract in the game? Or only BCM? Is 1 transformation contract enough to use many scrolls on it? Then if I ONLY use transparent scrolls, there is no difference what transformation I get by a contract? Or there is? 

Nothing good means that the stats either don't apply to their class, or the tier is too low to have a useful combination of stats for their class. You can get 100 penguin transforms and run around all day, but that will never increase your attack speed or cast speed. Some people don't care what they look like. They find them all ugly, but if you're gonna be ugly and unable to look at your own character, at least they would like stats that benefit their class.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kaerd-KT said:

Nothing good means that the stats either don't apply to their class, or the tier is too low to have a useful combination of stats for their class. You can get 100 penguin transforms and run around all day, but that will never increase your attack speed or cast speed. Some people don't care what they look like. They find them all ugly, but if you're gonna be ugly and unable to look at your own character, at least they would like stats that benefit their class.

I can't believe that they set for us such conditions! We gotta pay many times and when we open them they don't fit our class??? What terrible thing did we all do to deserve such punishment? Usually normally things would  automatically open fitting the character's class, or we could choose. And at the same time with all of this disorder with classes, they suddenly denied us the possibility to wear another classes' armor, they literally undid some characters, for example, Chanter who wore 2 things of Cloth, 1 thing of Leather, got them stuck in his inventory, +15, with manastones, soul-bound and unable to wear! :( They didn't warn us beforehand that they would ever do such things to our gear, without any compensation!

20 hours ago, Aroch-DN said:

They cost 27.6k. It's almost same like its was before for scrolls but with better stats now.

You didn't take into account the fact that:

1. Our kinah was slashed to 40% of what we originally had (deflation of economy while scroll price stayed approximately the same).

2. Kinah sources are much more limited than they were previously. In 5.8, for example, we could run any easy pve instance and sell off some accessories and other items for a cool couple million kinah in less than an hour, which in turn we could use to buy several hundred scrolls off the broker. Furthermore, we could use alts to feed kinah to our mains if necessary.

3. Other scroll sources: Previous to 6.2, we could craft scrolls ourselves for cheap. And there were instances like Crucible Spire that gave an easy 100 scrolls per week per toon (which was also alt-abusable).

So don't be fooled by the price tag. Scrolls now are more expensive/harder to obtain than they were before. I could die 50-100x per day in 5.8 and not worry about the cost in scrolls.

In 6.2, dying 20+ times a day is already problematic.

19 hours ago, Aroch-DN said:

You can use 30mins scrolls still... if you keep them in boxes before update.

This is true. But new/returning players don't have these.

9 hours ago, Kaerd-KT said:

This event that awards ancient contracts would only be relevant if you could pick the transform you want, but you can't. So if you play say, gladi or sin, and you get your ancient contract and you end up with an Ancient Tiamat Drakans, guess what you got out of it? NOTHING. You are gimped behind such an RNG heavy paywalled mechanic that I'm sure EA would be proud.

People aren't mad at the transformation system. They're mad at how it's been implemented. It's an obvious cash grab and luckily for NC, there's enough whales around that will spend the money to keep em afloat after most people say screw it. 

Correct. This event CAN award ancient contracts. But it requires luck to get one that is relevant to the class(es) we play. The people saying this event is a solution to the contract issue and praising NC for it aren't too bright.

15 hours ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

I am not a pure f2p player, I like to spend 10-20$ each month on my entertainment, but for me another important issue is enchantment rates, which are calculated for existing users, because they have hundreds and thousands of those stones. But as a new player, or a returnee player, I have no chance to catch up with them...

Well 10$!20$ per month is pretty close to a free to play user. you aren't really buying yourself up. You need to add at least one more 0 and make it a 100~200$ per month to play now and get what you need with these conditions.

But yes, I had taken 220 tempering solutions in 5.8 so now I have 660 legendary enchant stones of my choice and I also got me 51x transcendence tempering solutions that are translated into 51x ultimate enchant stones of my choice (choice = pvp or pve).

We all got these from events, so do not worry, in the future they can make new event rewards updated  for 6.2 and give people the same. For now the future seems doomed.

12 hours ago, HelliosRed-KT said:

What means "nothing good"? May they be empty, unworking, or you mean you dislike the way they look? What if I made transparent transformation scrolls in Luna, Is there any way to get a contract in the game? Or only BCM? Is 1 transformation contract enough to use many scrolls on it? Then if I ONLY use transparent scrolls, there is no difference what transformation I get by a contract? Or there is? 

I means they get a ton of white worthless transformations or very few ancient ones that might not even be for their class. This RNG thing that runs these games is awful.

20/month is FREE to play, you aren't getting anything you need for that, try 200-500 per month to get what you need. I can't do that either and, unless ALL transformations are invisible FREE adn Pay To SEE, then, I refuse to use them. I can't play looking like a monster or a cartoon animal. Yes I tried a few pots, clicked of in under 3 seconds, cannot play like that.

5 hours ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

Well 10$!20$ per month is pretty close to a free to play user. you aren't really buying yourself up. You need to add at least one more 0 and make it a 100~200$ per month to play now and get what you need with these conditions.

I won't agree with you on this, as there are pure f2p players, that will never pay single $. There are player that are ok spending 10-20 like me, and that is totally enough for them to cover their expenses. 100-200, there will always be very small amount of people spending this much.

On 29/10/2018 at 9:54 PM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

• Very important (at least for me): Transparent transformation scrolls: If you ever want to even bother selling a single skin in this game, regard giving people the ability to have affordable transparent scrolls. 80 BCM for one transparent scroll that will last max 10 minutes is inexplainable.

This please ; ; Would be awesome if it was a toggle option or if we at least had them added to gold sand shop like other regions (still annoys me that we'd need to pay for it, but better than the way it currently is)..

If Asmo manes can be toggled off, so can the appearance of transformations. We should not have to pay to retain our default look (the look we created in character creation. As it is, why bother, just give us black blobs to start, then we can look like the Coca-Cola bear after the intro quest. Or give us a list, you can be a bear, penguin, skeleton or dog, pick one and that's how you look - no human looking characters allowed, no armor appearance, no skins, nothing like that needed, just cartoon critters and they jump up and down and, things die - same difference as now, why have the assets in the game, taking RAM, GPUs and, the old engine when you really don't need them because hey, we all have to look like cartoons anyway, or we are gimped and kicked form instances for looking like the characters we created.

Of course, then we all quit, who wants to play Kiddy Land Cartoon Killers in what WAS a beautiful MMO with great skins, gorgeous characters, detailed character creation and all. Maybe NCFail think it can convince 5 year olds to steal parents credit card and pay for the BCM stuff - can't see another reason for the cartoon crud going on now.

9 hours ago, Kailor-DN said:

20/month is FREE to play, you aren't getting anything you need for that, try 200-500 per month to get what you need. I can't do that either and, unless ALL transformations are invisible FREE adn Pay To SEE, then, I refuse to use them. I can't play looking like a monster or a cartoon animal. Yes I tried a few pots, clicked of in under 3 seconds, cannot play like that.

Fun fact. This game when it was subscription cost $15 a month.

It's absurd isn't it?

Predatory business practices that desperately need government regulation right here.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:39 AM, 2s3004E2-DN said:

1. Our kinah was slashed to 40% of what we originally had (deflation of economy while scroll price stayed approximately the same).

3x scrolls cost before ~60k, now it's ~28k with much better stats (ancient xform).

On 11/2/2018 at 10:39 AM, 2s3004E2-DN said:

In 5.8, for example, we could run any easy pve instance and sell off some accessories and other items for a cool couple million kinah in less than an hour

Still able to get almost same amount of kinahs per hours, just need to sell another stuff.

Anyway im using xforms non-stop, dying a lot in pvp even and it's last problem which I'm thinking about. Rng with enchanting till +15 from +10 it's MORE painfull than 27k per scroll. Im wasted 100+ pvp legendary stones with zero result (on ancient gear) and you talking about scrolls, seriously?

4 hours ago, Aroch-DN said:

Still able to get almost same amount of kinahs per hours, just need to sell another stuff.

That's completely false, there is no way of even making a remotely similar amount of kinah.

Broker doesn't create kinah, it only moves it.

That's why I'm not playing this 6.2 update, I can deal with all the other dumb bs, I always have because my reasoning was, " well, that's pretty lame and counter intuitive, but at least I look cool." So I kept playing and trying to compete. But they did the one thing I feared they would do with this update. Force us to look like those damned stuffed animals. They basically took your run speed and attack speed away, and are trying to sell it back to your for real money if you want to play well looking like the character you created. I'm not supporting a game company that does that kind of stuff to their players. The best part about Aion was the character creator. Why would you do anything to ruin that? The Devs must be drunk. It doesn't even make sense, why would transforming into a stuffed animal make me stronger? I'm I not an immortal with wings? Why is a polar bear stronger than an Immortal with wings? Also, I am afraid to buy anything from NCsoft now because they like to delete things you pay real money for. Man, if you want to learn how to rob someone online, take lessons from the Aion Devs. Patch 7.0, they will make you buy a magic stone for $5 a day or anything you fight kills you with one hit....... Oh no, I hope I didn't give them any ideas, never mind that last sentence.

19 hours ago, ArmeniaX-KT said:

I won't agree with you on this, as there are pure f2p players, that will never pay single $. There are player that are ok spending 10-20 like me, and that is totally enough for them to cover their expenses. 100-200, there will always be very small amount of people spending this much.

If the p2w scheme was just 10~20$ per month I wouldn't have a problem myself, I can pay that and I do not even regard it a p2w thing. If you even bother getting the prestige you already pay the 10$.

the way the game is, when ti comes to transformation scrolls is not a matter of 10$ per month, but hundreds of dollars per month.

19 hours ago, Capa-KT said:

They literally gave us ancient contracts for free the first 2 weeks through an event you can do on all your alts and get a maximum of 16 ancients contracts with 8 chars doing TS, BoS, FM & 5 CoE or Mirash for 2 weeks without including any reset scrolls or boost pack x d I can't even

1 hour ago, Arxaggelos-KT said:

the way the game is, when ti comes to transformation scrolls is not a matter of 10$ per month, but hundreds of dollars per month.

u9yMGXo.gif

On 30/10/2018 at 2:41 PM, Aieryn-DN said:

I am so happy many of you agree with me on this/these points regarding transformations.

For each of my characters I spent nearly an hour to an hour in a half just in character creation defining how they look. This is a huge part of my immersion. And while I've said this before in some of my other posts: I didn't go through all of this defining how my character looks to just up and throw all that time away to look like a silly over sized fat penguin or polar bear, etc., etc., etc., that the worse cartoon animator alive wouldn't use on their worse day alive. And to have these silly transformations FORCED upon me is unthinkable, reprhensive, and literally an INSULT to my preferred immersion and creativity with the character creator in making my characters.

I was buying Transparency Scrolls. But these don't last long enough and are too expensive at 80 CC per so I've just stopped using transformations for most quests and just put up with my characters in slooooooow motion, and reduced output. There are a few campaign quests however where you have to use a transformation. I save the few transparency scrolls I can afford for these so my character looks like who she is, and not some ridiculous imitation of a cartoon.

In truth, if the current transformation machination doesn't change, my future in Aion will be to log in, flutter around Enshar a bit till I get bored, maybe shop a little then log out for the day. Which is sad really for I subbed to this game for many years and bought Prestige after that monthly. 

With 6x, so much of Aion has been lost though, and to have this transformation into silly looking cartoons compounded with all of the other negativities being FORCED upon us piled on top of it to tell you the truth I'm only holding out for hope NCW, GF, and the powers that be in Korea will come to their senses and realize they made some huge boo-boo's and correct them............

..................For my spirit has already left the game........

I've lost interest in this game since the 5.0 but i didn't have the courage to leave it but after seen the patch notes...i definitely quit it. This game has been mutilated,sigh

yeah, @Capa-KT, keep saying whatever you want- NC is not *giving* anyone any ancients- at least not necessarily the ones they  want through this event.. Just a chance. You may not even get the contract, and you may not  even get one for your class.

Giving them out would having meant actually letting everyone select one ancient transform that  for their class when the patch was launched.

But we're all wrong., and you're right.

@Cyan   I hope you are reading this and you will forward this to the powers that be.

I haven't posted in forums in forever I feel, and I have been playing this game off and on since 2009? 2010? or so-
I downloaded the new patch because I quit before cause I refused to waste my time on the grind.

Out of everything the removal of run scrolls in favor of these ridiculous transforms was the dumbest thing ever.
It was the opposite of simplifying a system, and made it more confusing and convoluted with the options you have.

I also agree with the conflict on character immersion and customization; I didn't spend real money on outfits and tickets
for my character to be pigeon-holed into an ugly transformation- either make the effect toggled off or refund everyone for the money they now apparently wasted.

Alright sorry to pull the brakes on this hype train of complaints and well wishes boys and girls. But I think what ncwest can realistically only do for us now is change broker prices/travel fees/stigma fees/sales price to npc/transparent xform scrolls on gold sand (hopefully sold via kinah and not gold bars)/higher availability of xform contracts in gold sand. Reverting back to the previous scroll system is impossible I tell u. Why is that so? Because the game follows the parent client from korea. If korea doesn't have a patch for scrolls we are never getting back any scrolls for your precious run/attack/cast speed. Face reality. And @Rapier-DN might as well just ask nc to have an event vomiting IDD/PF gear or even ultimate pvp gear to us, heck no, y not just ask them to give us a survey with all those stuff in it along with that ancient xform. WAIT. Why not just give us legendary grade xforms or even kaisinel. You want nc to give ancient xforms to us? What about the new players? As it is, with everyone not having an ancient xform off the bat we r pretty much equal less the compensation gear situation. You want this gap to widen?

On 10/29/2018 at 9:15 AM, DevilNest-KT said:

Only Kaisinel Ultimate Transformation surpass the cap and brings it to 60%

With an Ancient Contract we can reach really close to our old confortable zone of Atk/Cast & Mov Speed values from previous updates, and right from the first day of the update we have an event that awards an Ancient Contract, so in that regard i think we are going in the right direction.

5.8 values  

Running Scroll 30% + Boots 22% =  52% mov speed

Atk speed scroll 9%  + gloves 9% + weapon 19% = 37% atk speed

6.2 values with Legendary Genesis Crystal Gear and Fennec_Fox ancient transformation

Boots 13%  + Fennec 45% = 58% mov speed

Weapon 12% + Fennec 21% = 33% atk speed

values with Legendary Noble Rubrum (crafted set) and Bloodfang transformation

Boots 16 % + Bloodfang 45% =  61% mov speed

Orb 14% + Bloodfang  21% = 35% cast speed

Good post @DevilNest-KT. I did some calculations independently for different gear+transform combinations and they match the values you posted.

Care to share why you used Genesis Crystal set for attack speed calculations but used crafted set for cast speed calculations?

On 11/1/2018 at 1:42 PM, DevilNest-KT said:

to say we need minimum a Legendary transform It is exaggerating a bit bro

On 11/1/2018 at 2:56 PM, Delessa-DN said:

You are correct if it's red gear. However, if we're talking about gold/purple gear (crafted purple that is), legendary is required to match previous stats.

I agree with the table you posted but that is specific to 1 transform out of 11 which is not guaranteed in the least where as scrolls were guaranteed. If we look at it realistically, to get gold+ transforms you're buying those 8000 NC coin packs. Compared to scrolls this is a no brainer, scrolls are supreme as even if they might give slightly less than an optimal transform; they're more accessible.

But yes, I was exaggerating slightly; that was the point.

I have 30 collectors edition scrolls.

@Delessa-DN I think DevilNest is correct. Assuming legendary (purple) gear, we do not need legendary transforms to closely match old speeds. Not sure about the crafted legendary (purple) gear, but I did my own calculations with Genesis Crystal and exchange gear and with different tiers of transforms, and indeed we "only" need legendary gear + ancient transform to get approximately the same speed bonuses as we did before (slightly less attack speed than before but slightly more movement speed). If we wanted greater than or equal to old speeds then yeah we would need to further bump up the grade of either the gear or the transform. But, legendary gear + ancient transform is close enough.

===================================================================================

In case you are curious..ancient gear + ancient transform (Fennec):

Old = +37% atk speed; +52% move speed

New = 8 or 0 (exchange weapon or Genesis Crystal weapon) + 21 (Fennec) = +29% or +21% atk speed; 9 or 0 (exchange shoes or Genesis Crystal shoes) + 45 (Fennec) = +54% or +45% move speed

So we see that even ancient exchange shoes (Ancient Winged Champion) can match/slightly surpass our old move speed values if matched with a transform at least as fast as Fennec.  Attack speed is lacking (no surprise because legendary gear + ancient transform is already slower) and players with Genesis Crystal ancient shoes are slower than they were in 5.8 even if they have Fennec or a +50% move speed transform. It's worth noting that players with Genesis Crystal ancient shoes are much slower than players wearing ancient exchange shoes while there's only a 1% move speed bonus difference between Genesis Crystal legendary shoes and legendary exchange shoes.

====================================================================================

As you said though, the problem is that the ancient/gold level transform contracts are still not widely available (in addition to the issue of transformation scrolls being expensive/not easily obtainable). Obtaining a relevant ancient+ transform right now either takes kinah+RNG (Gold Sand Traders), $$$+RNG (BCM), or time+RNG (e.g. this event). Considering that they are effectively mandatory for competing in and enjoying this game imo they should give us 1 Ancient Contract (of our choice so we can choose one that's optimal for our class) at some point in the main questline (campaign quests) or figure out some other way to get us 1 Ancient Contract per toon.

21 hours ago, Aroch-DN said:

3x scrolls cost before ~60k, now it's ~28k with much better stats (ancient xform).

Anyway im using xforms non-stop, dying a lot in pvp even and it's last problem which I'm thinking about. Rng with enchanting till +15 from +10 it's MORE painfull than 27k per scroll. Im wasted 100+ pvp legendary stones with zero result (on ancient gear) and you talking about scrolls, seriously?

1. You're exaggerating. Scrolls were typically in the 10k-15k range on DN. And you could skimp on Crit scrolls in situations where you hit Crit cap/close enough to Crit cap or if you didn't think the difference in Crit would affect the result much.

Also, based on how you replied, it looks like you completely missed my point about deflation so let me elaborate:

Let's say scrolls were 15k each in 5.8 so that's 45k to pop three. Let's also say you had 1 Billion kinah in 5.8.

So in 5.8, you could buy (1 x 10^9)/(45 x 10^3) = approx. 22,222 sets of 3x scrolls

In 6.2, 60% of our kinah was forcibly converted into gold ingots and we were left with 40% of our kinah. So in 6.2, you started with 400 million kinah and new price of scrolls are  approx. 28k.

So in 6.2, you can buy (4 x 10^8)/(28 x 10^3) = approx. 14,285 transform scrolls

So you could buy approx. 1.55x as many scrolls in 5.8 with your kinah than you could right after 6.2 hit.

2. No. We can't generate kinah as efficiently as we could before. Theo/Adma/DL/FP runs were roughly 5 minutes each and you could potentially vendor a few million kinah per run and kinah was tradeable in 5.8 so you could vendor stuff on alts and send kinah to your main. What is this "another stuff" that you're vendoring in 6.2 that's generating you kinah faster than in 5.8?

3. You didn't address my third point. Would you like to refute it? Or do you agree that we could more easily obtain scrolls through crafting and instances in 5.8 than in 6.2?

"Anyway im using xforms non-stop, dying a lot in pvp even and it's last problem which I'm thinking about. Rng with enchanting till +15 from +10 it's MORE painfull than 27k per scroll. Im wasted 100+ pvp legendary stones with zero result (on ancient gear) and you talking about scrolls, seriously?"

Y is a big problem. Therefore, we shouldn't discuss how X is also a big problem. Flawless logic.

3 hours ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Alright sorry to pull the brakes on this hype train of complaints and well wishes boys and girls. But I think what ncwest can realistically only do for us now is change broker prices/travel fees/stigma fees/sales price to npc/transparent xform scrolls on gold sand (hopefully sold via kinah and not gold bars)/higher availability of xform contracts in gold sand. Reverting back to the previous scroll system is impossible I tell u. Why is that so? Because the game follows the parent client from korea. If korea doesn't have a patch for scrolls we are never getting back any scrolls for your precious run/attack/cast speed. Face reality. And @Rapier-DN might as well just ask nc to have an event vomiting IDD/PF gear or even ultimate pvp gear to us, heck no, y not just ask them to give us a survey with all those stuff in it along with that ancient xform. WAIT. Why not just give us legendary grade xforms or even kaisinel.

Right. Most of us have been around for awhile and we're well aware that if Korea doesn't revert back to the old scrolls, we won't either.

Transform system should have been single-tier. With the old scrolls, everyone had access to the same types (greater running/courage/awakening and fine crit). Having tiered transforms was another way to create gear gap and right now the only options for bridging that particular gear gap are kinah+RNG (Gold Sand), $$$+RNG (BCM), and time+RNG (events like the current one). And we sure love RNG.

Nobody's asking for legendary or ultimate transforms. I'm down for everyone getting 1 Ancient transform per toon to get us back to the old pace of Aion/old speed values though.

19 minutes ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Nobody's asking for legendary or ultimate transforms. I'm down for everyone getting 1 Ancient transform per toon to get us back to the old pace of Aion/old speed values though.

Hmmm a numbered name. Dear sir, what if nc actually had a survey for like the first week of patch giving said ancient xform for you to select your choice of ancient xform to get back to the old pace of aion. Now what if said survey will disappear if you didn't actually claim it. If you are a returning player/new player and only came back this week which is week 2, do you think its fair? Think about it. Now look at the current event, yes random ancient xform. But at least people work for it. Not a free hand out. Let me also add on why being able to choose xform from dis event is a bad idea. Someone with plenty of alts on the account can literally choose all the same xform. Remember you can only combine xforms if you have multiple copies of it. Imagine what would happen.

I totally agree with your post and it's sad that there's no way to look like your character is meant to look. All the time that you need to do anything, you're supposed to transform.

The Transparent transformation should be a default option that you NEED to be able to have on your char, without ANY payement. 

Why should I pay to look like Aion is designed to look ? 

As i mentioned in some other posts, you can't create a game and rule it somehow for 10 years and then put it upside down and just pretend that the people will just stay silent and accept your changes. Mostly if you ruin even the aestethical part of it, which is the main appeal of Aion, compared to other MMORPGs.

By the way, broker fees are so unaccetable too. 

And the funny thing is that they didn't even mention about the kinah broker tax fee change on the Patch notes, like if they didn't even change anything about it.

Then you sell 10kk of stuff and 1.5 kk it's of taxes.

Even in real life I don't pay so many taxes, but on Aion I must do.

No words...

AkkpP.gif

1 minute ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Hmmm a numbered name. Dear sir, what if nc actually had a survey for like the first week of patch giving said ancient xform for you to select your choice of ancient xform to get back to the old pace of aion. Now what if said survey will disappear if you didn't actually claim it. If you are a returning player/new player and only came back this week which is week 2, do you think its fair? Think about it. Now look at the current event, yes random ancient xform. But at least people work for it. Not a free hand out.

Doesn't have to be a survey. They could add it as a reward for a quest. Or they could stick the the contract in our cube once we've reached a certain level (or some other trigger).

A lot of people don't have a problem with working for something. It's the uncertainty of RNG and NC's low success rates that we've gotten tired for dealing with.

Nobody's complaining about acquiring Inquisitor/Vindicator gear, for example, because we are guaranteed up to 640 Genesis Crystals every week provided that we put in the time and effort to do the weekly artifact and mob kill quests. The key here is that we can accurately predict how long it will take to get X amount of Inquisitor/Vindicator gear and we get to choose exactly what we want/need.

Still it would be nice if we could get an Ancient level transform as a "free hand out". One of the reasons most of us love Aion is for its fast-paced, fluid combat. It's core to Aion; the default. It's what makes it exciting and gives it such a high skillcap. And it was one of the few good aspects of this game that made me stick around so long. Veterans like me (played 5+ years) feel robbed after playing for so long and now having to run around like we're low-level again, let alone have to pvp like that. It's a slap in the face especially to those who paid real money supporting this game. And I don't think newer players are exactly thrilled with the slow-mo either.

2 minutes ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

Doesn't have to be a survey. They could add it as a reward for a quest. Or they could stick the the contract in our cube once we've reached a certain level (or some other trigger).

A lot of people don't have a problem with working for something. It's the uncertainty of RNG and NC's low success rates that we've gotten tired for dealing with.

Nobody's complaining about acquiring Inquisitor/Vindicator gear, for example, because we are guaranteed up to 640 Genesis Crystals every week provided that we put in the time and effort to do the weekly artifact and mob kill quests. The key here is that we can accurately predict how long it will take to get X amount of Inquisitor/Vindicator gear and we get to choose exactly what we want/need.

Still it would be nice if we could get an Ancient level transform as a "free hand out". One of the reasons most of us love Aion is for its fast-paced, fluid combat. It's core to Aion; the default. It's what makes it exciting and gives it such a high skillcap. And it was one of the few good aspects of this game that made me stick around so long. Veterans like me (played 5+ years) feel robbed after playing for so long and now having to run around like we're low-level again, let alone have to pvp like that. It's a slap in the face especially to those who paid real money supporting this game. And I don't think newer players are exactly thrilled with the slow-mo either.

Let me try to drive it home.

27 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Someone with plenty of alts on the account can literally choose all the same xform. Remember you can only combine xforms if you have multiple copies of it. Imagine what would happen.

The reason why if ncsoft ever wanted to let you choose an ancient xform of your choice it would have to be in a survey is because of the above. If it was a quest reward or stuck into your inventory upon reaching a certain level ncsoft would be making literally no dollars from this silly xform system of theirs. They aren't a charity and we are players. Players who would abuse any mechanic given to us.

2 minutes ago, Shirayuki-DN said:

Let me try to drive it home.

The reason why if ncsoft ever wanted to let you choose an ancient xform of your choice it would have to be in a survey is because of the above. If it was a quest reward or stuck into your inventory upon reaching a certain level ncsoft would be making literally no dollars from this silly xform system of theirs. They aren't a charity and we are players. Players who would abuse any mechanic given to us.

You're the one who doesn't get it. If they can't give up some profits now and then to keep players happy they'll lose more money in the long run. Their move. And they need to start making smarter moves.

Archived