Things that need a second look, if you want Aion to survive.

Arhangelos

3 minutes ago, TheStorm-KT said:

Here's a list of things I think would make the game a little better (keep in mind this is just an opinion):

-Lower the broker fee to be 0.5% of the listed price (example: item worth of 70 mil to be listed for 350k)

-Rise the Spirit Fragments drop rates a little

-Put Legendary PVP enchantment stones on BCM. The reason for this one is the following: as we know, the only place where you can buy PVP stones (which btw are sadly Ancient only) is an NPC right next to the PVP gear NPCs and can be purchased with Genesis Crystals. Many people are saving their crystals to be able to buy those stones, but then they're left with only 2 ways of farming Spirit Fragments; Crafting & Broker. I believe it would benefit players as well as NCsoft if they'd put PVP stones on BCM, so that people can then farm Crystals and break that gear, without worrying they'd run out of kinah to buy gear from broker.  P2W players can keep/sell the stones, and free-to-play players can spend their kinah on something that would benefit them 10 times more. 

-Make the transparent scrolls affordable by ingame means

-And of course, it's always nice to bring rewarding events :D 

Nice ideas. 

The only one I wouldn't agree with is putting PvP stones on the BCM. I don't think anything that makes someone stronger in PvP should be sold on the BCM, but that's my opinion. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Lutien-KT said:

If this does not change in a while, I might go back to WoW.

Copy WoW model regarding this kind of stuff and see the game prosper. Keep being a nyerking greed company with a P2W model and see this game loosing more and more players each day.

Well. But you are comparing NCsoft with one of the best games designer in the world. Blizzard had a lot of great games with a complex lore and balance. They hire brilliant people oviously. Not only WoW. They made Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, Overwatch..... NCsoft had some brilliant people in the past (lineage), but in the last years.... well... MxM, The death of Wildstar... :/

21 minutes ago, TheStorm-KT said:

Here's a list of things I think would make the game a little better (keep in mind this is just an opinion):

-Lower the broker fee to be 0.5% of the listed price (example: item worth of 70 mil to be listed for 350k)

-Rise the Spirit Fragments drop rates a little

-Put Legendary PVP enchantment stones on BCM. The reason for this one is the following: as we know, the only place where you can buy PVP stones (which btw are sadly Ancient only) is an NPC right next to the PVP gear NPCs and can be purchased with Genesis Crystals. Many people are saving their crystals to be able to buy those stones, but then they're left with only 2 ways of farming Spirit Fragments; Crafting & Broker. I believe it would benefit players as well as NCsoft if they'd put PVP stones on BCM, so that people can then farm Crystals and break that gear, without worrying they'd run out of kinah to buy gear from broker.  P2W players can keep/sell the stones, and free-to-play players can spend their kinah on something that would benefit them 10 times more. 

-Make the transparent scrolls affordable by ingame means

-And of course, it's always nice to bring rewarding events :D 

I like most of your sugestions. But I am also dsagree with the enchanment stones on BCM. Having the chance to upgrade gear with real money was a huge mistake in the past. I think I prefer what we have now. We can get a lot of stones just doing our instances. The current drop rates for those are so much higher than what we had with the omegas. And we can get them only by playing the game. PvP instances to get PvP stones, and PvE instances for PvE materials. I think is perfect. 

@Azzmaria-KT The PVP stones have a 100% drop rate indeed. However, there is a 30% chance that you'd get a Legendary stone out of those bundles. And since the enchantment rates are worse than KR, I believe we could desperately use some Legendary stones. Not to mention that I've never seen an Ultimate Enchantment Stone since the patch came out :( 

On 29/10/2018 at 7:07 PM, Arxaggelos-KT said:

P.S. i know you can buy 1 transformation contract per week for 9,9m but that is absolutely nothing. people have opened 200x contracts only to get nothing good.

hey yesterday at 12 am i bought 8 contracts in my account (1 per character ofc) and i got an ancient transform... is not the best and i already have it but is still nice to find that we are up to get ancient transforms from normal 10m kinah transform...

13 hours ago, LeBeowolf-KT said:

Azphelmbra Daevas do what I do 'bout the creepy transformations, don't use them!  Sacrifice the use of them by relying on your other HP & MP buffs, and continuing enjoying the game without them!  Keep on keep'n on. 

I gonna assume you didn't read most of this thread. You see, the problem with not using transforms is that you're at a severe atk/cast/run speed (as well as other stats) disadvantage. Transforms replaced scrolls; therefore, transforms are the new "mandatory."

We used to be speedy without looking like a furry; now we have to pick between being speedy or being a furry (not to mention the availability issues for transformation contracts/scrolls).

I will personally go even further and say this: Every item on BCM should be brokerable. IF the so called developers of aion would be smart they would have left BCM item tradable. I stated something similar on a different thread regarding enchantment stones. 

If you want to encourage ppl to spent money then you should give them the option to share those goods with pure f2p players. This way they will buy more then what they need.
Business wise it's the smart choice. You will never force ppl to buy something with real money. the only thing you will achieve is a decrease in the player base, which will turn into a vicious circle were ppl stop playing the game slowly until it dies. 

Lot's of Love

11 minutes ago, Mirelium-KT said:

I will personally go even further and say this: Every item on BCM should be brokerable. IF the so called developers of aion would be smart they would have left BCM item tradable. I stated something similar on a different thread regarding enchantment stones. 

If you want to encourage ppl to spent money then you should give them the option to share those goods with pure f2p players. This way they will buy more then what they need.
Business wise it's the smart choice. You will never force ppl to buy something with real money. the only thing you will achieve is a decrease in the player base, which will turn into a vicious circle were ppl stop playing the game slowly until it dies. 

Lot's of Love

That's some true words right there.

I wonder if Aion forums have ever been this active as they've been ever since this patch hit.

19 minutes ago, TheStorm-KT said:

That's some true words right there.

I wonder if Aion forums have ever been this active as they've been ever since this patch hit.

In 7 years i have not seen the forum this active :) + until this patch i never felt the need to say anything on the forum. 2 posts in 7 years. But i have been pretty active since 6.x 
Maybe that was the plan? to increase the activity on the forum? LOL
I feel sorry for Cyan though. We are really keeping him busy :D 

Lot's of Love

The forums are active because normally people wouldn't be on the forums, they would be playing the game. But a lot of people don't want to play it in it's current state. So just come here to gripe about it in hopes someone will see it and do the right thing. As a gamer if you are unsatisfied about the direction one of your favorite games takes, it's your job to speak up about it. Don't let them get away with the bullnyerk they try to shovel at you.

5 hours ago, Raiuken-KT said:

The forums are active because normally people wouldn't be on the forums, they would be playing the game. But a lot of people don't want to play it in it's current state. So just come here to gripe about it in hopes someone will see it and do the right thing. As a gamer if you are unsatisfied about the direction one of your favorite games takes, it's your job to speak up about it. Don't let them get away with the bullnyerk they try to shovel at you.

Truth. I wasn't this active on forums previously. I put up with NC's bullshit patch after patch (4.8 is when things started getting really bad) without complaining much on the forums. Finally got fed up with this patch and now I don't even log in daily anymore.

I used to be one of the players who would go out of their way to help new/returning players too and try to get fresh blood into this dying game by painting as rosy a picture as possible.

Now I'll be doing the opposite: If prospective players ask if this is a good game or worth coming back to, I'm just going to tell them "don't waste your time."

NC has a chance to change my mind if they solve all the critical issues they introduced in this patch. But based on the history of this game, I highly doubt that's going to happen.

I made a new character out of curiosity and it's terrible I cannot buy anything, selling the drops get you so little kinah that it's so hard getting anything enchanted/fused you must keep the little money u get just to be able to use the teleports. I must say that I like the revamped Heiron it looks nice tho. :) I wish I could share items between my characters and accounts, I would enjoy the game again.

On 11/3/2018 at 3:14 PM, Edmond-KT said:

That's completely false, there is no way of even making a remotely similar amount of kinah.

Broker doesn't create kinah, it only moves it.

You can sell new gear if you not noticed. Even from noob 60+ instances.

I agree everything on BCM should be brokerable as well, if someone can get his hands on that, then everyone should be able to get it even ingame. Nobody has anything to lose.

NCSoft will get their money, the guy who gave real money can get sell the items and get ingame currency from another player and the guy who bought the item via broker paid 0 real money but ingame currency and got what he needed.

They will see a dramatic drop in their income when those few paying users get what they need eventually and then stop paying anymore, since they cannot sell the surplus. I am still 100% free to play, because of my gaming ideology of never buying my character to victory, but rather play hard and earn it. I am not against those who pay to play, they keep the game alive and up to 5.8 provided BCM items on broker for the f2p users. At the moment there is a big fat embargo going on.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:17 PM, TheStorm-KT said:

@Arxaggelos-KT Let's face the facts. We've been sharing our thoughts with NC ever since the patch came out and they didn't change a thing. Maybe just for the worse. I believe we're just wasting our time :/ 

Your right but... I found myself with a lot of free time when i'm home.. since I mostly afk in game due to lack of content that suits me. So i get on here and occupy my time and give something to do to Cyan (I'm sorry for that Cyan). I don't play other games besides Aion :D 

9 hours ago, Mirelium-KT said:

I don't play other games besides Aion :D 

Me neither. And there are many others like us and it's not that there aren't any other MMO RPG games. I tried many, many others. Some of them had good graphics like Lineage 2, Blade and Soul, Wildstar, Bless (for a day cuz it was horrible). The reason why I came back to Aion is because it has its magic, a beautiful graphic if not the best I've seen so far, a very dynamic gameplay.

But this......this patch.....it's killing it. And it pains me to see it like this. This is anything BUT ,,The Aion you love'' that NC promised. Some things cannot be changed by NC like the number of maps, skills and others. That's how they were originally designed in Korea.  But if I wouldn't have seen the Korean rates, their BCM items and their prices, I'd say ,,It is what it is, they can't do anything about it''.

But they can. They just don't want to. 

And it's sad.

Very, very sad.

With each weekly maintenance I hope to see a change. But nothing changes. Except that they brought back Name Change, Gender and Plastic Surgery tickets. Which means, again, that they can, but don't want to.

1 hour ago, TheStorm-KT said:

Me neither. And there are many others like us and it's not that there aren't any other MMO RPG games. I tried many, many others. Some of them had good graphics like Lineage 2, Blade and Soul, Wildstar, Bless (for a day cuz it was horrible). The reason why I came back to Aion is because it has its magic, a beautiful graphic if not the best I've seen so far, a very dynamic gameplay.

But this......this patch.....it's killing it. And it pains me to see it like this. This is anything BUT ,,The Aion you love'' that NC promised. Some things cannot be changed by NC like the number of maps, skills and others. That's how they were originally designed in Korea.  But if I wouldn't have seen the Korean rates, their BCM items and their prices, I'd say ,,It is what it is, they can't do anything about it''.

But they can. They just don't want to. 

And it's sad.

Very, very sad.

With each weekly maintenance I hope to see a change. But nothing changes. Except that they brought back Name Change, Gender and Plastic Surgery tickets. Which means, again, that they can, but don't want to.

I'm no expert in what NCwest an and can't do regarding patches, because they never had a good communication with the community. However i remember that on gameforge a couple a years ago they had a youtube series #AskAion Nick i think gave e few pointers regarding that. The publisher, in our case NCWest can't make major changes to the patch, like removing the transformation system and introduce scrolls again. Any adjustment like that can only be done in NCSoft agrees. However Nick also explained that since the publisher, NCWst for us, it is a business, they can make changes to attract a bigger player base (the end goal to increase the profits). So it is my understanding that, the prices on BCM and what they sell on BCM for example are strictly controlled by NCWest, the drop rates and enchant rates, are also in their control to some degree. They can also increase the spawn times for ID to daily (that would be AWESOME!) and same goes for EC and A-dredge. 

Why they don't do this... i can't say. I was always unable to understand decisions made by NCWest. I understand that NCWest is a business, has employees, and need to generate income in order to keep Aion going, and i was, i am and i will be willing to support  the developer in that regard. I pay for the prestige pack. This patch however is a game killer if you pay for BCM items and i explained why in other topics, not gonna go over it again.  

In the end, what i can say is don't loose hope. Lately NCWest was a bit slower to react (at least in the last 6 months - 1 year) so maybe it's just that. A slow reaction to a massive wave of feedback.

Lot's of Love

2 hours ago, Mirelium-KT said:

Why they don't do this... i can't say. I was always unable to understand decisions made by NCWest.

I remember NC gave us some surveys in order to know our opinion about different topics. Some were granted, some weren't.

But when it comes to such a big patch and moment in Aion's life, I believe NC needs to listen to our thoughts now more than ever, because the game is on the brink of extinction.

Before 6.2 there were only a few hundreds of players. When the patch hit, the number increased to thousands. But after only a few days, the number dropped drastically.

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE.... it seems listing fee was 4% and now it is about 2,3%. I am more than sure it was 4% because I am a brokerer myself.

@Alaska-KT @HelliosRed-KT @2s3004E2-DN @Neberius-KT @Tease-DN @Aieryn-DN @Pyxy-KT @Kailor-DN@Azzmaria-KT and everyone else that agreed on this. It seems we won this by a little.

On 9/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, TheStorm-KT said:

@Arxaggelos-KT Let's face the facts. We've been sharing our thoughts with NC ever since the patch came out and they didn't change a thing. Maybe just for the worse. I believe we're just wasting our time :/ 

And lets face the facts, we just got a broker listing fee reduction. It is not 4% anymore, it is 2,3%, not the best but it is still something.

Archived