Forums

PVP Gear Upgrade Path

Hey all--

I'm not logged into the game right now so I can't see the exact item names, but is there a resource out there or something to help show the calculations (or BEST method) for upgrading the genesis gear?

Particularly for the... I wanna say they're called Fighting Spirit Fragments?

i.e. For the chest piece upgrade, how many genesis tokens would it take to buy enough pieces of redundant genesis gear to break them down for fragments to upgrade to the better chest piece (and so on for each piece).

Is it more efficient to buy the bigger pieces (chest/legs) to break down or smaller ones (gloves/boots/shoulders), or does it not matter?

Thanks in advance,

Blood for blood. 

Full Ancient  >  Legendary = 930 Fighting Spirit Fragments

Full Legendary > Ultimate = 3720 Fighting Spirit Fragments

Being generous let's say you get 6 fragments every time you extract an ancient weapon ( weapons/wings give the most 5-7) you would need to extract 775 items.

If you craft all 775 weapons that would cost you 4,650 Ancient Kibriums and 58,125 Ancient Guiding Stones!

How (and this is criticism on the system itself) is this efficient, also how is this obtaining PvP gear through PvP. Farming Genesis Crystals is not PvP. Crafting is not PvP. The only items you get from PvP is iridiums and you can just afk for those.

I was really expecting Fragments to be awarded in PvP instances along side iridiums, I'm really disappointed the only way to obtain them is by extracting gear.

Someone in my legion got over 1200 of the fragments in 1 day, it’s not difficult, just takes time.

It literally took 3 months to farm all the soulstones for pvp gear if you did all FMs and EGs every week to get the full set. You can farm much quicker now.

You can even buy them.

Edited by Hellish-DN
15 minutes ago, Hellish-DN said:

Someone in my legion got over 1200 of the fragments in 1 day, it’s not difficult, just takes time.

Hmm, that isn't actually possible. Perhaps you mean they got 1200 genesis marks in a day. That might be possible if every single camp and weekly is done -- but 1200 genesis marks would give you an exponentially smaller number of fragments, considering it takes hundreds of genesis to buy just 1 piece of gear that would yield 5 to 7 fragments. 

20 minutes ago, Joe-DN said:

Hmm, that isn't actually possible. Perhaps you mean they got 1200 genesis marks in a day. That might be possible if every single camp and weekly is done -- but 1200 genesis marks would give you an exponentially smaller number of fragments, considering it takes hundreds of genesis to buy just 1 piece of gear that would yield 5 to 7 fragments. 

Fighting Spirit Fragments comes from PvP gear that includes Crafted PvP gear, someone with Aetherforging Lv 100 and enough kinah to buy 1200 ancient kibrium and 15000 Ancient Guiding Stones can make that happen, will take like 6 hours to craft and extract so yes it is possible to do it in a single day, DN and KT are old servers so there are some players with a lot of billions of kinah

craft recipe https://aionpowerbook.com/powerbook/Craft/155203695

Edited by DevilNest-KT
3 hours ago, Joe-DN said:

It is, he farmed a ton of mobs, and crafted the gear himself and extracted it.