Crucible Spire seems a bit... hard

Lenalyn-DN

Actually very hard. Everything is peachy up until stage 7, then it seems like the mobs just have a million MR and evasion. At stage 10, they start doing some noticeable damage and all efforts to damage/cc them seem to be futile. Has anyone actually beaten stage 10 yet? It is even possible without full ultimate gear? I wonder what kind of enemies await on higher floors...

I don't know if this is meant to be because we should have a better gear, since the ultimate gear gives you noticeable improvements in terms of stat, or what. What i noticed is that it's like crazy hard after floor 8 and almost impossible. At least for me. 

I wonder what kind of rewards awaits those who pass the whole tower since it's so difficult to do, a yearly refund of taxes, a life provision of nutella or kinder chocolate tablets?

Who knows.

547u.gif

7 hours ago, Venere-DN said:

I wonder what kind of rewards awaits those who pass the whole tower since it's so difficult to do, a yearly refund of taxes, a life provision of nutella or kinder chocolate tablets?

Pretty sure you just get more coins.

On 11/1/2018 at 5:51 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

I struggled with floor 7 because I think I'm missing a mechanism or something. Like I had to kill both the Tog Lord AND the tog. I thought the tog would disappear after I killed its master, but it didn't. They both had a lot of hp too, rip.

Same here, i lost in floor 7 because the time is simply not enough for my Chanter to kill both bosses; i killed the lord with like.. 1 minute left. If you break the barrels, the tog will feed on the meat and not bother you for a while.

1 hour ago, Edmond-KT said:

Same here, i lost in floor 7 because the time is simply not enough for my Chanter to kill both bosses; i killed the lord with like.. 1 minute left. If you break the barrels, the tog will feed on the meat and not bother you for a while.

Yeah, sucks. I ran out of time on floor 8. D: Ah well, I'll try again when I have legendary gear.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Jezzabelika-DN said:

I must be missing something. I do fine on the first few floors, but I can't even damage Black Fin Searazor (I think its floor 4.) I spent 15 minutes hitting him with everything I have and barely damaged him at all. Help?

When you start fighting him there should be lava on the floor. You have to make him stand in it, then he will take damage like usual. If he doesn't have the debuff from the lava you will only hit him for 1 damage per attack no matter what. 

I ran out of time at the vampire boss. For me though the damage the mobs inflicted on me up to then wasn't anything alarming. I didn't have to panic or flash heal myself because I thought I was going to die on my cleric. I went into this instance on the first week of  6.2. I understand it's a lot less floors now but dear gawd why is this place so hard. To make matters worse I went and bought the enchanting bundle I think it's called from the vendor npc just to see what I got. I opened it and got............................. a stigma bundle.. Wait hold on.. Best part to come. The stigma was for a gunner. So I am guessing this bundle gives anything to do with enchanting and it might not even give enchantment stones (speculating on this point). So is this place even worth running?

4 hours ago, Briearios-DN said:

and bought the enchanting bundle I think it's called from the vendor npc just to see what I got. I opened it and got............................. a stigma bundle.. 

There is no Enchantment Stone bundle on the NPC, so not sure where you came up with that. There is only a Grade B Minion contract, a stigma bundle, level 80 Manastone bundle and the Reward Bundle. The reward bundle gives you any of the other rewards randomly, plus a few other ones.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2018 at 9:28 PM, Lenalyn-DN said:

Actually very hard. Everything is peachy up until stage 7, then it seems like the mobs just have a million MR and evasion. At stage 10, they start doing some noticeable damage and all efforts to damage/cc them seem to be futile. Has anyone actually beaten stage 10 yet? It is even possible without full ultimate gear? I wonder what kind of enemies await on higher floors...

I've beaten up to stage 11 if I remember correctly and some mobs on floor 12, but I got a pretty good exchange gear from 5.8. Heck sometimes I use the elemental rush (magic assist skill taken to daevanion) which gives me a ton of m.accuracy and I still fail some skills. I even stacked magic accuracy manastones on my pve set for this reason and it still becomes too hard. My problem is that I start running out of mp at these floors since my refracting shard does little dmg or fails so I cannot get regenerated.

At least give us more time, i reached room 13 and i got out of time , 70% skills failed/resisted with 12k m.acc. Do mobs from room 10 and up have pvp defence lol or what? The dmg is to low to even gather mana....Im making the same dmg to a ultimate full pvp set...jeez and im pve user !!! Something is not right there.

With my songweaver, full ancient bloodsworn pve gear, I got 11.700 magic attack and just over 10.000 magic accuracy, I can clear floor 7.

But floor 8 (Bollvig) resists about 90% of all my attacks, and the ones that do hit him do very little damage.

And there are 24 floors?

How are you ever supposed to get up to that floor? That means you have to clear every floor in less than a minute as you only have 20 minutes to get up there.

Do we need 20k attack and 20k accuracy or what?

Well... after almost 2 months, I still can't beat floor 10. It's like not even sorta kinda close for me. There's literally no chance at all. My SM has about 13k attack and 13k MA. All I can do is hit the mobs for non-existent damage as I slowly watch my HP reach 0.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 11:47 AM, Bardey-KT said:

With my songweaver, full ancient bloodsworn pve gear, I got 11.700 magic attack and just over 10.000 magic accuracy, I can clear floor 7.

But floor 8 (Bollvig) resists about 90% of all my attacks, and the ones that do hit him do very little damage.

And there are 24 floors?

How are you ever supposed to get up to that floor? That means you have to clear every floor in less than a minute as you only have 20 minutes to get up there.

Do we need 20k attack and 20k accuracy or what?

I can get up to floor 14 and am able to kill (not shown in this video) the Bee boss but not enough accuracy / damage and I run out of time.  

On 12/15/2018 at 6:58 AM, Lenalyn-DN said:

Well... after almost 2 months, I still can't beat floor 10. It's like not even sorta kinda close for me. There's literally no chance at all. My SM has about 13k attack and 13k MA. All I can do is hit the mobs for non-existent damage as I slowly watch my HP reach 0.

Same issue, with nearly same stats. At floor 10, the Assassin Shulack boss and her 4 sniper minion, take so little to no damage at all. I wonder what stats are required for us SMs to be able to advance more than this floor!

So apparently CS is not mage unfriendly since magic classes struggle to hit most of the times past a lvl 7 floor or something. I as a sorcerer run out of mp close to floor 10 easily, most of my hits fail and I have like 12,6k m.acc or something. Even with the 1m elemental rush (+3400 m.acc)  buff I might see 1~2 fails.

If you did this mainly in pvp gear as the video implies, then crucible spire is meant for fighting classes now, I even see your class was amazing against the vampire boss since you could avoid the paralyze skill, I have to get the paralyze skill twice and have no way to avoid it, your HP and MP were practically always full at least by the end of every floor and you rarely ever missed any hits (you did miss some but I am talking on a magic class aspect where some times you might do like 2~3 misses in a row and then get 1 successful hit).

The worse part for me as a sorcerer is to use one my mp draining ulties and do a fail, that takes me back a lot. My mp draining skill either fails or sometimes draining like 300 mp which is like 1/4th of what I need for a basic skill.

9 hours ago, 2s1A07B4-DN said:

If you did this mainly in pvp gear as the video implies, then crucible spire is meant for fighting classes now, I even see your class was amazing against the vampire boss since you could avoid the paralyze skill, I have to get the paralyze skill twice and have no way to avoid it, your HP and MP were practically always full at least by the end of every floor and you rarely ever missed any hits (you did miss some but I am talking on a magic class aspect where some times you might do like 2~3 misses in a row and then get 1 successful hit).

The worse part for me as a sorcerer is to use one my mp draining ulties and do a fail, that takes me back a lot. My mp draining skill either fails or sometimes draining like 300 mp which is like 1/4th of what I need for a basic skill.

It is not 100% pvp gear. It is more 50 / 50.  I did provide a link to my unbuffed stats in the video description. For melee it seems the golden number to have for accuracy is 13k.  Rangers get a 1K accuracy bonus for having Focused Shots up so we can get away with only having 11k - 12k+ accuracy.  I forgot to mention I do have the prestige buff  which gives an additional 400 PVE Attack.

mzUHL6F.png

On 31/12/2018 at 9:03 PM, Chashu-KT said:

It is not 100% pvp gear. It is more 50 / 50.  I did provide a link to my unbuffed stats in the video description. For melee it seems the golden number to have for accuracy is 13k.  Rangers get a 1K accuracy bonus for having Focused Shots up so we can get away with only having 11k - 12k+ accuracy.  I forgot to mention I do have the prestige buff  which gives an additional 400 PVE Attack.

mzUHL6F.png

I have 13k m.acc on my sorc (because I literally stacked m.acc manastones everywhere) and after floor 11~12 it gets like 2/3 of my skilsl fail and then I am left witjhout mp, and I am fully pve geared with armor and ultimate in weapon. I guess mobs have more m.res than evasion or something.

• 6 months later...
On 06/01/2019 at 5:16 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

I have 13k m.acc on my sorc (because I literally stacked m.acc manastones everywhere) and after floor 11~12 it gets like 2/3 of my skilsl fail and then I am left witjhout mp, and I am fully pve geared with armor and ultimate in weapon. I guess mobs have more m.res than evasion or something.

xD bringing old post, are u still doing, if so how far can you get now? 

and does any1 know? it's up to 24 floors?

On 8/5/2019 at 5:37 PM, PsychoShooter-KT said:

xD bringing old post, are u still doing, if so how far can you get now? 

and does any1 know? it's up to 24 floors?

24 is the last floor, but i don't believe anyone on na has done it yet. farthest I've made it myself is floor 16 with 1 mob left. mobs from floor 9 and up become very rng heavy as even with 15.4k acc you still get dodged by them. 7.0 is suppose to make some changes to spire, so shall see if it possibly changes the dodge rates or what actually comes of it.

Archived