Weekly Server Maintenance - September 6, 2017

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled game update Wednesday, September 6, 2017 from 6:00 AM to 1:30 PM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 7 hours and 30 minutes.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Kumuki's Daring Rescue will continue for two more weeks.
  3. Code Red: Atreia will will continue for two more weeks.
  4. An issue where guards would not attack level 75 players in Cygnea and Enshar will be fixed.
  5. Non-Entry Boost Pack holders receiving 5 entries to Crucible Spire instead of 3 will be fixed.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week
kiLco7E.gif dyout7xbt3jz.jpg qljxdft4jojz.jpg

• Cyan pinned this topic

Cyan there are some serious issues that you or Hime need to address that the community is greatly concerned about. You told us the Nurse's will spawn correctly for the weekend period however we didn't get the XP nurse and instead we got a nurse that gave a buff for 3% pvp defence. A lot of us are let down by this and we all made mention of this on forums.

Additonally there is a bug for post-amplification enchants of wings and two-handed weapons not correctly acquiring their PvP bonuses form enchants over +15. Wings are not receiving any additionally PvE or PvP bonuses, while two hand weapons that are fused with weapons that have PvP attack, when enchanted over +15, the bonus PvP attack from enchant does not work. E.g A +25 greatsword and +15 greatsword have the same PvP attack if their combine is the same.

The housing period should end right before the server merge , right. Can we get some updated information about server merge.

13 hours ago, Johngunmad-SL said:

Cyan there are some serious issues that you or Hime need to address that the community is greatly concerned about. You told us the Nurse's will spawn correctly for the weekend period however we didn't get the XP nurse and instead we got a nurse that gave a buff for 3% pvp defence. A lot of us are let down by this and we all made mention of this on forums.

Additonally there is a bug for post-amplification enchants of wings and two-handed weapons not correctly acquiring their PvP bonuses form enchants over +15. Wings are not receiving any additionally PvE or PvP bonuses, while two hand weapons that are fused with weapons that have PvP attack, when enchanted over +15, the bonus PvP attack from enchant does not work. E.g A +25 greatsword and +15 greatsword have the same PvP attack if their combine is the same.

The housing period should end right before the server merge , right. Can we get some updated information about server merge.

same for the boundless armor that have pvp defense on it but when enchanted past 15 get P.V.E attack instead of P.V.P

5 hours ago, Neylariss-KR said:

TL;DR: The routine maintenance will be done in like 30 minutes and then there is a 7-hour coffee break. Enjoy ^^

No, the 7 hours is because of the sheer volume of people that are being transferred each week. Cyan did warn us this is what would happen if they opened mass transfers (longer maints).

Also, I thought someone else posted that the wings don't get bonus stats in another thread...

Seems you all controlling updates need to start this process earlier. The update each week should be finished around the time of "daily reset" not 3.5 hours after reset. This is a north american server right. Maybe starting at 3am cst not starting at 6am cst would be far more beneficial to those that are in north american and not the asia/australia crown that play on a north american server.

4 minutes ago, Justafleshwound-IS said:

Seems you all controlling updates need to start this process earlier. The update each week should be finished around the time of "daily reset" not 3.5 hours after reset. This is a north american server right. Maybe starting at 3am cst not starting at 6am cst would be far more beneficial to those that are in north american and not the asia/australia crown that play on a north american server.

Yes this is a North American server.  And not all of us in North America work 9-5 jobs Monday to Friday.  Some of us work evenings/shift work and late at night is when we play.  Bringing the server down at 3am would cut into our play time as well.  Seems to me that bringing the server down when the vast majority of players in North America would be at work or in school makes perfect sense ;)

to a point, I actually play more in the mornings working evenings, but that has to be ALOT of transfers to eat 7 hours, guessing it's the folks that have all their spinels and just like me, rank means nyerk all. Hopefully any small bits, like the missing returned player NPC"s are brought in and other such minor oopsies not getting the FULL 5.5/5.6 patch entailed....

• Aion Team

Hi all,

I have updated the changes in the maintenance post to reflect two new items. There will also be downtime this week do fix the items the Code Red NPCs are giving so they are more relevant. The issue with the weekend buff providing PvP defense instead of bonus EXP will is intended and the wording for the event posts will be updated.

2 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Hi all,

I have updated the changes in the maintenance post to reflect two new items. There will also be downtime this week do fix the items the Code Red NPCs are giving so they are more relevant. The issue with the weekend buff providing PvP defense instead of bonus EXP will is intended and the wording for the event posts will be updated.

just when i thought the 2 new items were going to be a fix for the pvp attack/defense of items showing PVE attack/defense instead of PVP or none at all..sadface :(

1 hour ago, Justafleshwound-IS said:

Agreed said this for years

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

Hi all,

I'm a bit confused, when you say that the Code Red NPC's will be giving more relevant items, are you referring to the 2 daily quests for potions and a prescription bundle? Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't see a difference...? It's still major potions... and the scrolls are still giving the lower amount, for example 90 crit points. What exactly is the change?

2 minutes ago, Ceylin-SL said:

I'm a bit confused, when you say that the Code Red NPC's will be giving more relevant items, are you referring to the 2 daily quests for potions and a prescription bundle? Maybe i'm wrong, but I don't see a difference...? It's still major potions... and the scrolls are still giving the lower amount, for example 90 crit points. What exactly is the change?

Cyan said the change to the Code Red quests will be done later this week. It was not applied on the main maintenance.

4 minutes ago, Ceylin-SL said:

It was my understanding that the "downtime this week to fix the items" would occur later in the week, not today. I may be wrong though.

EDIT: Bryos posted right as I did. I'm not trying to repeat like a moron hahaha.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived