Attention NCSOFT. We requested three adjustments for the AION - Urgent.

GenericUser25656

Completely agree about ALL OF THIS. THE PRICES TO NOT BE A ANIMAL XFORM ARE INSANE! If this is your idea of how to make money off of us, its -=DISGUSTING=- Your greed is unfathomable if you intended this. Paying for an hours worth of transparent scrolls is like having to take up a minimum wage job, $10+ an hour ?! AND on top of all that don't you dare come back and say, but we'll give you 10 transparent scrolls for gold bars... You took away our ability to play comfortable without animal skins and force us to pay more?! Ohh goodness if you wanna make some people furious that is exactly what you will do--ohh wait its already done. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My warehouses look like the "blue zone" filled with those stupid transformation pots I never use. Not worth selling, hoping they become tradeable on the broker someday, then I'll sell the fool things to the fur brained players that want to look like critters and monsters.

I agree with the 1st point for sure, there's no reason the characters we created and played with before this update has to become an animal just to do something as trivial as move... I was originally planning on getting some skins off the BCM, but right now, what's the point of getting skins?

5 hours ago, Ksara-DN said:

I agree with the ideas in this post. Requests are easy to handle and harmless to NCSOFT.

If NCSFOT provides <Transparent Transformation Scroll> for free or 1 kinah plus <Moviment Speed + 65%> this will solve the problem. The item can be sold by an NPC in Lakrum.

The idea of winning 1 GP for every downed enemy is simply fantastic. This would make PVP something interesting for everyone who wants to be well in the rankings.

65% is too high.

But 10-15% would do. Even so, not sure if it's needed - keep in mind that boots give speed stats too, starting from CoE gear

NCWest can't change the way transformation system work; however, they indeed can add accessible transparent scroll to npc/gold sand/whatever.

It can't cost 1 kinah tho, since you still consume them as the usual ones and that should cost some money.... Imagine someone spamming Kaisinel with those 1 kinah scrolls.

Toggle appearance function would make it less complicated tho, but idk if it's something that can be done by NCwest themselves. I think only devs can do such a thing.

I think at this point the big question is whether NCSOFT looks at this forum. We need to know if everything written here goes to the game admin group. If they say anything, then we'll get a positive signal that NCS still look at the AION players.

Can someone explain to me why there is an issue with transformations (appearance wise) opposed to always having to use candies pre-patch? We were always a panda or fox or something, how is the transformation any different?

Also, the shoes can have run speed on them.. you just have to get there again. I'm loving this patch, it feels like how Aion was when it started - when you had to work for your things (minus the stupid compensation gear that was unnecessary).

36 minutes ago, Noona-DN said:

Can someone explain to me why there is an issue with transformations (appearance wise) opposed to always having to use candies pre-patch? We were always a panda or fox or something, how is the transformation any different?

Also, the shoes can have run speed on them.. you just have to get there again. I'm loving this patch, it feels like how Aion was when it started - when you had to work for your things (minus the stupid compensation gear that was unnecessary).

The issue of candies has been raised and those so violently opposed to the look of the transformations said they never used candies. In fact one claims to have never used a transform for anything.. including events that required you to transform into something else in order to have skills to participate in the event. (Guess they won't do luna, either.)

You can provide information and talk about how we have seen something like this before, but being rational doesn't help right now. You can even talk about how you kind of like certain things about the patch, but all that will get you is attacked. 

Soooo. 

I'm glad you are enjoying the patch! With certain exceptions, I am as well.

9 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

The issue of candies has been raised and those so violently opposed to the look of the transformations said they never used candies. In fact one claims to have never used a transform for anything.. including events that required you to transform into something else in order to have skills to participate in the event. (Guess they won't do luna, either.)

You can provide information and talk about how we have seen something like this before, but being rational doesn't help right now. You can even talk about how you kind of like certain things about the patch, but all that will get you is attacked. 

Soooo. 

I'm glad you are enjoying the patch! With certain exceptions, I am as well.

No. The problem that most of us have with transformations is that they are effectively mandatory. The transformation system replaced the old scrolls, and the old scrolls were virtually used by everyone, all the time.

If we don't use transforms, we're unable to reach anything close to our old atk/cast/run speeds.

If we use transforms, we get turned into a furry, which is not what most of us want our toons to look like.

The above has been stated numerous times in different threads. But you are purposely misrepresenting our argument (no surprise there though).

11 hours ago, Noona-DN said:

Some of us can't stand any transformation. I do not do Luna, tried a candy ONCE< hated it, didn't know I could click it off, so exited the game for an hour, hoping the ugly would be gone when I logged back in. Got into FT once before I knew it was a transformation - bailed ASAP. Tried 4 different pots since 6.x, clicked all off in under 30 seconds. I cannot play like that PERIOD. 

I spent time and money creating the look my characters have because I can play them looking like they do. Same as I can't do female characters, the eyes aren't right on any of them. The characters we create are default, forcing us to pay to see default is just WRONG. Same as them saying towns will be blue spots and countryside will be green spots, no trees, no rocks, no paths, nothing like that unless you pay to see the default.

Same as if we had to pay to see the color of skin we were born with and, got painted pink, purple, blue and red if we didn't pay to see our natural (default) skin in real life - wrong, just wrong, cruel, nasty, sick, twisted, etc... so are transformations into non human things in what WAS a beautiful game with amazing character customization.

Now skins, armor appearance, etc.. might as well be removed, just give us a black blob until we get those first COCA COLA BEAR pots. Same effect as now, totally doesn't matter what your character looks like by default, you'll never see it again after the first 5 minutes if you actually want to do anything.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, Nirena-KT said:

65% is too high.

But 10-15% would do. Even so, not sure if it's needed - keep in mind that boots give speed stats too, starting from CoE gear

NCWest can't change the way transformation system work; however, they indeed can add accessible transparent scroll to npc/gold sand/whatever.

It can't cost 1 kinah tho, since you still consume them as the usual ones and that should cost some money.... Imagine someone spamming Kaisinel with those 1 kinah scrolls.

Toggle appearance function would make it less complicated tho, but idk if it's something that can be done by NCwest themselves. I think only devs can do such a thing.

52 is the minimum needed.

Old boots gave 22, scroll 30 so to reach old run speeds you need 52.

We need other ways to get glory.. seiges only doesn’t promote any type of open world pvp or instanced pvp, let’s face it most of us came back to play for the competitiveness.

Glad to be back but this needs to be addressed ASAP if NC actually wants this game rebuild/patch to last more than a month.

Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Thanks for quitting on the other two people in your group and costing them their run............ ¬¬

Well, since I couldn't tell which was my character, what I was doing or whatever because it didn't look like my character all I could do was quit the game. I pressed all of the 1-5 buttons but nothing seemed to do anything and, didn't let me see which was mine so I pressed O and quit. same if everyone in the are is transformed, no clue which is who, including my own character. I know my character because of how they look, that's how I know where I am in a fight or group, by finding the hair, armor, build and height I created. Cover that up and, unless I'm alone, I don't know where my character is on the screen. I cannot play like that PERIOD.

Same way I know my car in the parking lot, make, model, color, interior color, licence plate color and pattern, small scratches here or there, how clean or dirty it is - HOW IT LOOKS.

I know each of my four wolfdogs from one another because of how they each look.

Appearance is how I identify and locate people, animals, objects, most everything in a game or in life - Transformations take that away, can't identify anyone, can't tell who is at what location on the screen. Don't know if the healer is on the tank or I'm the one of 6 orange penguins in that ring to get killed or, if I'm the one that if I move, I'll be where I get killed. Can't play like that.

So it's level alts to 80, all quests done, leave that one alone and make a new character. About half will get there before going broke so, odds are, there is a stuck, broke one somewhere to delete and do a new one.

18 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

Well, since I couldn't tell which was my character, what I was doing or whatever because it didn't look like my character all I could do was quit the game. I pressed all of the 1-5 buttons but nothing seemed to do anything and, didn't let me see which was mine so I pressed O and quit. same if everyone in the are is transformed, no clue which is who, including my own character. I know my character because of how they look, that's how I know where I am in a fight or group, by finding the hair, armor, build and height I created. Cover that up and, unless I'm alone, I don't know where my character is on the screen. I cannot play like that PERIOD.

Same way I know my car in the parking lot, make, model, color, interior color, licence plate color and pattern, small scratches here or there, how clean or dirty it is - HOW IT LOOKS.

*snip*

When you are -in- your car, do you know which car is yours?

When you are playing your character, do you know which one is yours? Hint.. it's the one in the center of the screen.

It's just horrible, why God, why? Why do they want us to look like stuffed animals, why? I mean, maybe in Korea they like stuff like that, but this is America, we like to look awesome when we play games like this. You couldn't tailor the game for us a little bit, like, give us an option to hide ugly transformations? You can hide the cloak that clips through your weapon, but not the transformation? What? really? Why?

12 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

When you are playing your character, do you know which one is yours? Hint.. it's the one in the center of the screen.

It's also the one that has your name on it (unless you disabled names).

Ffs, this is just getting ridiculous at this point. I agree that looking like a penguin is stupid. But to literally say you don't know which toon is yours? Just asinine.

14 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

When you are -in- your car, do you know which car is yours?

If it were a first person game, same as in the car, I located and identified it by APPEARANCE before getting in, so yes I know because I made sure BEFORE getting in. Aion is NOT First person and, all six in a group can be in the middle of the screen - if even one other has the same transformation as me, I don't know which is mine. My character has a specific hair, certain armor, a certain body size, etc, that's how I know mine in a group clustered in the center of the screen-  APPEARANCE.

39 minutes ago, Kailor-DN said:

If it were a first person game, same as in the car, I located and identified it by APPEARANCE before getting in, so yes I know because I made sure BEFORE getting in. Aion is NOT First person and, all six in a group can be in the middle of the screen - if even one other has the same transformation as me, I don't know which is mine. My character has a specific hair, certain armor, a certain body size, etc, that's how I know mine in a group clustered in the center of the screen-  APPEARANCE.

I agree that transparent transformation scolls and normal scrolls should be switched as looking like ourselves should be default.  But you are dumb.

24 minutes ago, Gensb-DN said:

I agree that transparent transformation scolls and normal scrolls should be switched as looking like ourselves should be default.  But you are dumb.

Well, maybe you just don't stop to think about how you identify people, places, objects, animals etc... We do it visually for the most part. We do't go about sniffing people to learn thier scent like dogs do, we don't have super hearing like some animals so, more than one person can sound the same to us, more than one car can sound the same, smell the same etc... humans are visual creatures, we identify things visually. If six things in close proximity all look identical and, we have on'y appearance to go on, we can't tell one from the other and, that's what transformations do.

Maybe communes where everyone has to dress and look alike are popular in Korea but, this is North America, we value and, rely on diversity - let us have our diversity in the game too.

1 hour ago, Gensb-DN said:

I find your insulting of his describing a basic psychological process that is actually ingrained in most people (read: without having to think about it) to be simply ignorant. Whether it was his intention or not, that's roughly how it works.

We process all sorts of stimuli and create causal connections without even thinking about it; that's how you know that two people are different. That's how you recognize people or places or things. Humans like everything else rely on a combination of stimuli to process experience and information. Without such you would not be able to tell a thing.So yes, if you have a screen full of penguins it may very well be disorientating. Even knowing "the one dead center" is yours, that alone is an ingrained perception built on earlier perception that middle = you. It does not come from nothing.

Just because you are ignorant does not make others stupid.

What is really shocking me at this point is that we have no manifestation of NCSOFT about this. We are being completely ignored until now. If the idea of the forum is to create a channel of communication between the players and the company then they should say something, anything. Let it be yes, no, may be, one day, never, ... but something ...

Archived