Why So Much Complains From People?

Unskilled-KT

I see the pattern, before 6.2 only people who were driving the game used to post, make discussions and suggestions/complaints. 

Now, after 6.2 bunch of noname army start posting on the forum, majority of pre 6.2 players (actual game drivers, veterans) are enjoying the game and staying away from forums.

I dont like new players with their vision to change everything game is delivering, they come here and tell us what to do... 

The game is a pile of garbage, I have played it since 2013, everything you can think of to make an MMO bad, the Aion Devs did it. Throw it all in the rubbish, everything after 3.5 is a big pile of steaming garbage. If they would make a classic Aion server from before they started deleting whole maps, I might play it again because that was fun back in the day. I dunno what this is we have now, freaking Furry party. Lame pile of rubbish. Tell me if this game is so good, how come you have wings but can't fly anywhere?  Derp, throw it in the rubbish, it's broken.

12 minutes ago, Raiuken-KT said:

The game is a pile of garbage, I have played it since 2013, everything you can think of to make an MMO bad, the Aion Devs did it. Throw it all in the rubbish, everything after 3.5 is a big pile of steaming garbage. If they would make a classic Aion server from before they started deleting whole maps, I might play it again because that was fun back in the day. I dunno what this is we have now, freaking Furry party. Lame pile of rubbish. Tell me if this game is so good, how come you have wings but can't fly anywhere?  Derp, throw it in the rubbish, it's broken.

Take a break man, looks like you really need it.

You brought wings fact, this is sad actually how you came up with that.

To be honest I have stayed pretty neutral on this subject seeing as patch is not even 2 weeks old yet.  That said I know our small legion of vets are pondering retirement again, we all enjoy the open world pvp and it is fun but to many other factors making the game not fun to play.  In fact the negatives are starting to overrun the positives.  While definately not the worst patch it is one that will be seeing many leave shortly for many of the reasons others have allready posted.  This is coming from a veteran player and not a new player so take it for what it is worth

I'm a vet too, and I know it's petty, but I don't think I will be playing Aion again unless I can hide the transformations for free, like, I don't even want to pay the 30k kinah for the scroll, that is just a kinah sink. It needs to be free, like an option to hide it like you can hide other things like legion cloaks and stuff. I tried my best to like this new patch, but it's just too much bullnyerk for me. I can grind my teeth about RNG, I can grind my teeth about pay to win, I can grind my teeth about not being able to make kinah or transfer it to alts, I can grind my teeth about deleting half the game's maps, I can grind my teeth about the timed pvp instances , I can grind my teeth about ganking, I can grind my teeth about the poor optimization, but if you mess with my character's appearance and make changing into some stupid stuffed animal a big part of the game play. No, just no,  the teeth grinding ends there.

I have played since day 1 and many of the complaints are valid. 

I get the whole if I play lots of hours I should have better gear etc.  For sure you do. 

Honestly because I didn't enchant my 75 AP gear up to 20 now I actually have something to do in the new patch.  I saw one player (a vet) who was always geared to the teeth in game the other day and they were in all red +10 gear with +15 purple accessories, red wings, red bracelet and red plume all +10.  Monstrous stats!  They must find the new patch boring as hell because barely any of the content is a challenge and in pvp they can 1v10 easy in that gear.  It is a shame they gave out such high level gear.  Personally I believe those geared players from the past would have still played if they were given purple gear set level 0-5? Probably. 

People want a challenge....feel like you earned it (other than I enchanted my other gear up so I deserve it).  There isn't enough content to warrant wearing red gear.  I find there are not enough yellow/purple/red pvp stones in the game currently even if people wanted to enchant their gear up they can't.  If the 1 time quest was a weekly it would probably work.  As a casual player (1hr a day) it will be quite difficult to ever get purple/red gear (honestly like 1-2 years) when people are already in that gear (unless you pay BCM/events etc). 

From day 1 of the new patch there will never be a day regardless of skill that I will be able to take those players because of the monstrous gear gap.  Yes it existed in the past with full fenris, 50 elite etc but we could still kill those players with a few other players.  Good luck killing someone in full +15 purple with red armor +10 (not gonna happen even with a huge bunch of players in yellow/some purple).

With all that said I still login and play my characters and try and get my yellow set enchanted up.  I still have fun zoning with other characters and working towards getting my devanion skills (don't have any yet - the rng gods in COE have not been kind so far).  Aion has always been a grindy game.  I wish it had a little more content at end game and was a little easier for returning/new players (not leveling per say just competing in general)

5 hours ago, Unskilled-KT said:

I see the pattern, before 6.2 only people who were driving the game used to post, make discussions and suggestions/complaints. 

Now, after 6.2 bunch of noname army start posting on the forum, majority of pre 6.2 players (actual game drivers, veterans) are enjoying the game and staying away from forums.

I dont like new players with their vision to change everything game is delivering, they come here and tell us what to do...

The truth is (on aion or any other game) the majority of the community does not post on forums unless they have tecnical issues or some really big change affects them, on 6,2 case it was the latter.

There is also the fact that many 'veterans' left before we got the new forums so if they ever decide to post anything they'll be a noname with 0 posts.

How many new players have you actually seen in game? I bet you could spend many days asking around on ishalgen/poeta without seeing a toon that is not just someone's alt

14 hours ago, Unskilled-KT said:

A lot of us complaining actually are veterans. Most players playing this game are not new to the game. If you meet new toons while leveling up, chances are they're some veteran's alt.

"Majority of pre 6.2 players (actual game drivers, veterans) are enjoying the game"

Uh nope I don't think so. I'm already seeing many long time players becoming a lot less active post-6.2 hype. Some friends and legionmates who were logging in daily are now logging in maybe once or twice a week. And some appear to have quit.

And those who continue to play aren't necessarily happy with the changes made. I'm in this category: I think 6.2 is mostly full of crap changes and my play time has dropped drastically as a result. And if NC doesn't fix what they broke, I'm probably gonna quit indefinitely. Still waiting for their response/solutions...

What makes you think a "majority" are enjoying the game?

"I dont like new players with their vision to change everything game is delivering, they come here and tell us what to do... "

It's funny that you say this when a lot of us veterans only stuck around so long because we liked how the game used to be. After 5.X, game became garbage. We're trying to save the game/make it fun again.

Most of the people complaining are veterans. 

I am agree that a lot of people prefer to stay away from forums. But That is not related with how much they enjoy the game. A lot of people just do not like to come here. thats all. 

We need to remember that a lot of people left Aion when our shared maps were deleted. Even more left in Aion 5.X cause the new game mechanics weren´t so nice for them. Many of those players were waiting Aion 6.X cause they hoped this could be a come back to the old style. But is not. 

Not everything in the new patch is bad. I like the new map. we needed a new shared map after the destruction of katalam/danaria/tiamaranta/sarpan. A shared map with camps to get some easy gear and some easy open world PvP was a great thing in the past. And we lost that some years ago. It worked, even when is not for everyone and not all the players enjoy that, was something required. Making untradeable the new gear so everyone need to do their job, to get something, worked in the past too. I also like that we now have new recipes to craft new things and the materials are actually there and we can get them and, is not imposible to craft something like in 4.X, or useless items like in 5.X. And having a limit for our enchanments again should work, cause worked in the past. 

But probably what a lot of veteran players also discovered is that Aion 6.2 is quite small. So few content. So few gears. So few crafting recipes. Few instances and some of them are really hard and require so much gear and experience to be done. There is a huge gap between CoE and BoS or FM. Maybe could be good to have something intermediate. So we do not need a huge nerf in some months, making those instances a joke (like happened in the past with many instances). 

A lof of players also wanted a less P2W game, and even when is not so much to buy in the store now and there aren´t many ways to convert real money in gear now, the transformations are a real problem. Without our beloved scrolls we are going to need those transformations in some time. People with real money will have them. It is not totally true that we can have them for free. Actually we can not gem some for just few dollars. They are really expensive if you want to get something good. Transformations scrolls are also limited. We are used to expend few hundreds of scrolls each week just playing. We can not do that now with the new transformations. The new luna ress is a real P2W thing. (not expensive, but...)

Also some of us are worried about the new economy. Even when we have some kinah from some weeks ago, the new incomes are really small. And even when some people say that we can get a lot just selling items on Broker, we need to remember that we are just using our remaining kinah from 5.9 there. Once all that kinah is gone, we are going to have a shortage of money. We are not getting a lot from selling to npcs. And broker fees are so high draining a lot of kinah. Also the price of some things dont seem to be related with the new economy incomes. 

And something else. Aion used to be a game were a lot of people enjoyed with the design of their toons, chosing the skins, wings, and many appearance things. The new transformations are forcing a lot of people to hide all that. Housing is partially broken now too. A lot of skins were deleted and the new ones are hard to move. 

So at the end we are really limited in a small version of the game we played for so long. Maybe a lot will be done in future patches, but in this moment is not a complete game. 

19 minutes ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Without our beloved scrolls we are going to need those transformations in some time. People with real money will have them. It is not totally true that we can have them for free. Actually we can not gem some for just few dollars. They are really expensive if you want to get something good. Transformations scrolls are also limited. We are used to expend few hundreds of scrolls each week just playing. We can not do that now with the new transformations.

I just want to add that the current event lets you manually choose your reward from the 35 bundle (not sure about the 20 one), meaning that everyone who partook in it will have 2 guaranteed ancient trans. contracts minimum. By default the means to acquire transform contracts is pretty bad, I agree, but if NC keeps them available through such events it won't be too bad overall.

Scrolls I found to be not too much of an issue so far, Luna daily drops 20 of them pretty consistently + another 20 (transparent) every week. Enough for some OW farming and the daily dredge or EC.

18 hours ago, Unskilled-KT said:

Because the game has become garbage. No content, no pve, no maps, no money sources. Basically nothing to do but a bunch of weekly quests (all are basically exactly the same). The game de-evolved GREATLY in the past update, lost like 99% of its content. From v4 to v5 the game got worse, but now it doesn't even qualify for a bad joke.

Unless in the next update they bring 10 new maps, a ton of quests, titles back, and a long etc., most of the servers are gonna die quickly...

1 hour ago, Mirei-KT said:

I just want to add that the current event lets you manually choose your reward from the 35 bundle (not sure about the 20 one), meaning that everyone who partook in it will have 2 guaranteed ancient trans. contracts minimum. By default the means to acquire transform contracts is pretty bad, I agree, but if NC keeps them available through such events it won't be too bad overall.

Scrolls I found to be not too much of an issue so far, Luna daily drops 20 of them pretty consistently + another 20 (transparent) every week. Enough for some OW farming and the daily dredge or EC.

yes. I know. And ty for the advice

But to be honest, I am not doing it xD. Maybe I am wrong, but I am not so excited with the trasnformations. I played the last 10 days doing some instances, some camps, some cubrics, some crafts, some everything, just to see. And I only have 40 transformation scrolls, so it does not seem like I will use them so much. Yes, I know I can do luna and get some more, but here I am. 

If I learned something from Aion in the last 2 years is that is not a good idea to make a huge effort for something. Sunayaka, Caeus, Unicorns, Harvester are some examples XD. a lot of instances to get an ancient trasnformation so I have to do luna everyday just to use it after it, and is not even a legendary or ultimate one.... I think I will try to enjoy the game a little without so much effort for a while. Maybe something will be modified later or maybe those contracts will be cheap and easy in 6 months. I already wasted 7.5 millions AP few months ago in suny weapons just to find them everywhere some time later. I lost a chance to get some abyss skins just for that. :S 

But I really apretiate your sugestion and I think it could be a great idea. ty

7 hours ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

[...]Still waiting for their response/solutions...[...]

This is the main problem with NCsoft west. They don't even wast a minute to post something regarding what they're customers are saying/complaining in the forums here or other MMO related forums on the web because they can't do shit. They need to swallow what NCKR stuff on their throat and wait for their next big change to bring it here for us.

The way I see it, we will have to handle the game as it is now until something happens in Korea that will make them: Close servers cause game is dead or change stuff in a way they can save the game. And for those who think a game can't be dead if its player base is unhappy, go check what happened with bless online NA release too...

Archived