Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - November 7, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's mind-boggling how out of touch with the fans NC is getting. SPAM events all through 4.0-5.8 pretty much taking away any enjoyment for doing an instance, release the bad side of FurAffinity with what amounts to 1 piece of "new" content, then don't even keep word on "surprise" releases. 

This is the only "surprise" that NC has for their fans:

SupriseButtSex.jpg

11 minutes ago, Airm-DN said:

It's mind-boggling how out of touch with the fans NC is getting. SPAM events all through 4.0-5.8 pretty much taking away any enjoyment for doing an instance, release the bad side of FurAffinity with what amounts to 1 piece of "new" content, then don't even keep word on "surprise" releases. 

I agree. It is actually becoming a joke how poorly they communicate with the community.  I know Cyan cannot make decision on game design... but my god have I never seen a worse CM for a game company.  One or two posts a week for a distraught community on the state of the game just does not cut it. There should be posts weekly about upcoming changes and things they are looking into. Cyan, if you need help with your job, you can look at how Gring Gear Games handles their community for Path of Exile.  

Shards really don't need to be in the trader, you can farm up 2k or more in a couple of hours. Transparent transformation need to be default, not in the trader. Only the "look like a cartoon/monster ones should be in the trader. transforms should be invisible by default. Only way they need in the trader or BCM is if it's for free.

10 hours ago, Cyan said:

There's no new event starting tomorrow. In general there will be fewer events going forward for the time being but this will be covered in more detail later on next week. I know I said "next week" last week, but it will be next week now. 

I'd encourage you guys to reconsider this. A lot of people missed the Ancient Transformation Contract in the last event because it wasnt properly advised. Those players will quit playing if they can't get one of those ancient transforms really soon.

IMHO no events is a huge mistake.

8 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

I'd encourage you guys to reconsider this. A lot of people missed the Ancient Transformation Contract in the last event because it wasnt properly advised. Those players will quit playing if they can't get one of those ancient transforms really soon.

I agree that no events is a mistake, but I don't understand how you can say the ancient contracts weren't advertised properly. The rewards list was posted like all rewards have been posted. The ability to chose for the 20 and 35 pumpkin rewards was the same it was for last year's pumpkin event, when everyone got Harvester's Gear. The question was asked and answered here pretty quickly if that was true again this year. Seems pretty fair.

15 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I agree that no events is a mistake, but I don't understand how you can say the ancient contracts weren't advertised properly. The rewards list was posted like all rewards have been posted. The ability to chose for the 20 and 35 pumpkin rewards was the same it was for last year's pumpkin event, when everyone got Harvester's Gear. The question was asked and answered here pretty quickly if that was true again this year. Seems pretty fair.

I'm guessing here but maybe 10% of players actually read forums.

There was no in game information that you could "pick your prize".

I dont think the issue was how they advertised the rewards. The information was here the first day like happened with all the other events. I know that most of the players do not come to forums, but we share the information with our friends and legion mates. 

IMO, what happened this time was that we were so new on Aion 6.X to really understand how important is every new thing. 

I came here the first day, I saw the rewards and I said "meh!. nothing so interesting. Maybe the minions (14 types) to sell them and get some kinah, but still nothing to worry so much about". And even the minions lost that interest when I entered the first days in dredgion, EC and ID and got a lot of minions. 

The ancient contract, now, we know is important. But on that moment was just one of transformtations on the middle. With a lot of those blue potions with legendary transformations in our inventory and some from the event, who would imagine that an ancient permanent transformation was something?

Some people tried Aion 6.X on other servers and they knew that. Some of us realized that in the last days. And a lot of players still have no idea about that. 

PS: I did some effort on the last moments and I got 2 ancient contracts from the event.... both gave the same one :/ 

46 minutes ago, Delessa-DN said:

I'm guessing here but maybe 10% of players actually read forums.

There was no in game information that you could "pick your prize".

They advertised on the forums. They advertised on FB. Not sure if they advertised on Twitter. Not sure what else you want them to do. I get that people don't go and read up on things, but that's their choice. You can't complain that you didn't know if you don't make any attempt to know.

• Aion Team

Hey all, the Candy Galaxy Corporation had to blast off to an emergency but they're coming back. You should find Esta and her friends in-game once again along with the Pumpkin King hiding in instances. They will be here until 6 am (server time) tomorrow morning Thursday, November 8. Only these NPCs will be back and you will not be receiving the daily Candy Blasts but can use any remaining ones you have left.

Thank you and sorry about their early departure.

3 hours ago, Konkers-EK said:

No more events mean the game is dying... People need to accept that. It seems NC is probably trying to get its last money in NA since it doesn't do as well as KR or EU.

56 minutes ago, Chizow-DN said:

No more events mean the game is dying... People need to accept that. It seems NC is probably trying to get its last money in NA since it doesn't do as well as KR or EU.

I dont doubt that, but people have been saying that for the last 6 years or so.

I honestly think that Korea limits way too much on what can be changed for the NA playerbase.

I like the game now with he exceptiom being the limited ways of getting your handa on good transformation contracts.

Just now, Konkers-EK said:

I honestly think that Korea limits way too much on what can be changed for the NA playerbase.

I like the game now with he exceptiom being the limited ways of getting your handa on good transformation contracts.

It just has all the telling signs. No more events while EU and KR are both doing events. Lowest population out of the servers is NA. I mean..... If they can retain people no point in keeping the game alive. I agree with the limiting factor but EU is alive and well. They are pissed, but they are alive.

5 hours ago, Konkers-EK said:

A lot of people missed the Ancient Transformation Contract in the last event because it wasnt properly advised. Those players will quit playing if they can't get one of those ancient transforms really soon.

If they participated in the event, they would have seen for themselves that the rewards (ancient contract) from the Candy Galaxy Bundle was able to be selected from the bundle, barring the fact that the rewards were posted on the website. It's not someone else's fault that they chose to not keep themselves informed on the event and chose not to participate in it. There was a reason everyone was spamming recruit links for it, that would have been a huge indicator it may have been worth looking into/doing. -_-

Edit** I do agree that lessening the amount of events is a bad move.

18 hours ago, Cyan said:

There's no new event starting tomorrow. In general there will be fewer events going forward for the time being but this will be covered in more detail later on next week. I know I said "next week" last week, but it will be next week now. 

tenor.gif

ehm... nevermind we'll keep doing the weekly stuff now xD

4 minutes ago, Konkers-EK said:

Yes people said that a lot in the last 6 years, but that was happening mostly before a new patch came out. I honestly don't remember for people to say game is dead or dyeing a week or 2 after a new patch. And look on the activity on the server, it's soo low. Those who didn't receive a compensation gear are stuck doing coe, trying to gear up (1 instance is all they got). For other instances, everyone ask for gear and experience (on gear part i don't object, since bad gear can mean a fail), but meanwhile what are those players supposed to do? You can't grind forever. And you definitely can't pvp with your lakrum gear or even Inquisitor gear when you are facing players with legendary or even ultimate winged champion gear on the other side. try +15 your ancient pvp with the current inflow of pvp enchantment stones. Hell even if you had omegas and tempering's stored from before the new patch, upgrading the new gear is crazy hard. you can burn 30-50 stones trying to go from +10 to +15 and in the end to end up with a +10 Ancient (talking from experience). 

Pvp instance dropped from 6 to 3 (w/o arenas) which for me were the main event of my day. The 3 instances we have are not all of them every day, they rotate, which also affect the scarcity of the pvp enchantment stones. 

Now don't get me wrong i don't want to quit aion, i loved it for so many years, but that feeling fades away every day. It's the first game that i enjoyed enough to actually invest real money into it (not much, just the prestige pass, but still...). However as things are right now, if things don't change... I really doubt it will last for too long anymore. Again i hope it won't be the case though.

Lot's of Love

I wanted to add to my edit from before:

I do agree that lessening the amount of events is a bad move, players need to be encouraged to log in. Perhaps there can be a way around this, such as ap increase buff or adding temporary, sought after drops/rewards.  I.e bosses dropping Transformation contracts (for the group) and using drop rate buffs in place of what would be a routine event. Having Qubinerk spawn at every location at once X times per day, randomized yet equal amounts during different time windows so players of all time zones have a chance. Or, for a certain amount of time ("event")  pvp instances give an event box that has a chance to reward Legendary/Ultimate Kibrium or Fighting Spirit Fragment. 
It's difficult because no matter what, people will always be displeased. "This event again?" "We just had this" "What? No event?" "These rewards succc"  "more p2w events" It's a hard middle ground to find and we don't know exactly the amount it will be lessened by. It could go from 1-2 a month to 1 a month, one every other month, who knows.  How much do these events distract players from progressing anyways? Or taking numbers away from sieges or actual runs? The early flood of Harvester gear last patch(es) was irritating, no one wanted to run the instances anymore. I'd rather them not do the same with the new gear.

I'm just waiting on the Snowball/Christmas event now :x

39 minutes ago, Noona-DN said:

I wanted to add to my edit from before:

I do agree that lessening the amount of events is a bad move, players need to be encouraged to log in. Perhaps there can be a way around this, such as ap increase buff or adding temporary, sought after drops/rewards.  I.e bosses dropping Transformation contracts (for the group) and using drop rate buffs in place of what would be a routine event. Having Qubinerk spawn at every location at once X times per day, randomized yet equal amounts during different time windows so players of all time zones have a chance. Or, for a certain amount of time ("event")  pvp instances give an event box that has a chance to reward Legendary/Ultimate Kibrium or Fighting Spirit Fragment. 
It's difficult because no matter what, people will always be displeased. "This event again?" "We just had this" "What? No event?" "These rewards succc"  "more p2w events" It's a hard middle ground to find and we don't know exactly the amount it will be lessened by. It could go from 1-2 a month to 1 a month, one every other month, who knows.  How much do these events distract players from progressing anyways? Or taking numbers away from sieges or actual runs? The early flood of Harvester gear last patch(es) was irritating, no one wanted to run the instances anymore. I'd rather them not do the same with the new gear.

I'm just waiting on the Snowball/Christmas event now :x

Totally agree.

57 minutes ago, Mirelium-KT said:

Yes people said that a lot in the last 6 years, but that was happening mostly before a new patch came out. I honestly don't remember for people to say game is dead or dyeing a week or 2 after a new patch. And look on the activity on the server, it's soo low. Those who didn't receive a compensation gear are stuck doing coe, trying to gear up (1 instance is all they got). For other instances, everyone ask for gear and experience (on gear part i don't object, since bad gear can mean a fail), but meanwhile what are those players supposed to do? You can't grind forever. And you definitely can't pvp with your lakrum gear or even Inquisitor gear when you are facing players with legendary or even ultimate winged champion gear on the other side. try +15 your ancient pvp with the current inflow of pvp enchantment stones. Hell even if you had omegas and tempering's stored from before the new patch, upgrading the new gear is crazy hard. you can burn 30-50 stones trying to go from +10 to +15 and in the end to end up with a +10 Ancient (talking from experience). 

Pvp instance dropped from 6 to 3 (w/o arenas) which for me were the main event of my day. The 3 instances we have are not all of them every day, they rotate, which also affect the scarcity of the pvp enchantment stones. 

Now don't get me wrong i don't want to quit aion, i loved it for so many years, but that feeling fades away every day. It's the first game that i enjoyed enough to actually invest real money into it (not much, just the prestige pass, but still...). However as things are right now, if things don't change... I really doubt it will last for too long anymore. Again i hope it won't be the case though.

Lot's of Love

I think its easier to gear up now than before. Of course that on the old servers the newcomers will have a hard time against the ones that got compensated gear. But on Ereshkigal its OK.

They were given +15 Ultimate gear or Legendary? Either way its OP AF!

1 hour ago, Noona-DN said:

If they participated in the event, they would have seen for themselves that the rewards (ancient contract) from the Candy Galaxy Bundle was able to be selected from the bundle, barring the fact that the rewards were posted on the website. It's not someone else's fault that they chose to not keep themselves informed on the event and chose not to participate in it. There was a reason everyone was spamming recruit links for it, that would have been a huge indicator it may have been worth looking into/doing. -_-

Edit** I do agree that lessening the amount of events is a bad move.

Still, they couldve made it more obvious on the announcement page of the event. Something like "you can get your first ancient transformation"...

• Aion Team
8 hours ago, Gensb-DN said:

I know Cyan cannot make decision on game design... but my god have I never seen a worse CM for a game company.

I know there comes a time in the life of every CM where there's a comment like this, but it does sting a bit to read. I know that the new update has introduced sweeping changes to the game. You have all been very adamant about sharing your dislikes, and likes here on the forums, in game, social media. I think it's wonderful and I encourage you all to keep sharing every bit of feedback that you have. That being said, because a particular subject hasn't been addressed by myself or another member of the team doesn't mean there's something in the works or in the process of happening. We have shared your feedback with the devs and we're currently discussing the best approach. 

I know there's a lot of questions on the forums currently, and some of them just simply don't have answers yet. For example: when are we adding the Transparent Transformation Scrolls to the Golden Sand Shop? We're working on getting that implemented currently, and for a multitude of reasons sometimes it can't get added right away. This is the same for much of the other pieces of feedback and questions that you all have. As soon as we're confirmed to be getting something out we will let you know. 

Also, I know traditionally Aion has had a lot of events offering some great (and sometimes not-so-great) rewards. With the recent update we're trying to take a step back and see if there's voids that have traditionally been filled with events and if we're able to better add them organically into the game. Events are not going away however, you will just see a little less of them. We'll be having some more information on this and other things we're working on next week. 

Thank you, and as I stated above please continue to share every bit of feedback you have.

19 minutes ago, Cyan said:

I know there comes a time in the life of every CM where there's a comment like this, but it does sting a bit to read.

Hi Cyan. I do think the criticism went a bit too far, but everyone has their opinions. Been here for 9 years and have seen many CMs come and go. For what it's worth, I think you've been on par with some of our BEST CMs since the game was introduced to North America. That you allow (most) players to speak their minds with little filter is a refreshing change from some of the heavy-handed mods we've had in the past. Cheer up :D

That said, if possible, it would be nice if you clarified what you can or cannot say with regards to what changes NCWest can make to the game. It's pretty apparent to most of us that you guys are largely bound to what NC HQ wants you to do. We also know that likely applies to what you can or cannot tell us. So if you could possibly expound on what limitations you have as a CM (without getting yourself fired), players probably won't be as critical of your responses (or lack thereof) in the future.

12 minutes ago, Cyan said:

I know there comes a time in the life of every CM where there's a comment like this, but it does sting a bit to read. I know that the new update has introduced sweeping changes to the game. You have all been very adamant about sharing your dislikes, and likes here on the forums, in game, social media. I think it's wonderful and I encourage you all to keep sharing every bit of feedback that you have. That being said, because a particular subject hasn't been addressed by myself or another member of the team doesn't mean there's something in the works or in the process of happening. We have shared your feedback with the devs and we're currently discussing the best approach. 

I know there's a lot of questions on the forums currently, and some of them just simply don't have answers yet. For example: when are we adding the Transparent Transformation Scrolls to the Golden Sand Shop? We're working on getting that implemented currently, and for a multitude of reasons sometimes it can't get added right away. This is the same for much of the other pieces of feedback and questions that you all have. As soon as we're confirmed to be getting something out we will let you know. 

Also, I know traditionally Aion has had a lot of events offering some great (and sometimes not-so-great) rewards. With the recent update we're trying to take a step back and see if there's voids that have traditionally been filled with events and if we're able to better add them organically into the game. Events are not going away however, you will just see a little less of them. We'll be having some more information on this and other things we're working on next week. 

Thank you, and as I stated above please continue to share every bit of feedback you have.

Idk, I think you're fine Cyan, there's been times where no one really responded to stuff but now (at least for me) everything's fine. I think of it this way: if you're not answering our questions, it's because simply there's not an answer.

Archived