Forums

Weekly Server Maintenance - November 7, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cyan said:

I know there comes a time in the life of every CM where there's a comment like this, but it does sting a bit to read. I know that the new update has introduced sweeping changes to the game. You have all been very adamant about sharing your dislikes, and likes here on the forums, in game, social media. I think it's wonderful and I encourage you all to keep sharing every bit of feedback that you have. That being said, because a particular subject hasn't been addressed by myself or another member of the team doesn't mean there's something in the works or in the process of happening. We have shared your feedback with the devs and we're currently discussing the best approach. 

I know there's a lot of questions on the forums currently, and some of them just simply don't have answers yet. For example: when are we adding the Transparent Transformation Scrolls to the Golden Sand Shop? We're working on getting that implemented currently, and for a multitude of reasons sometimes it can't get added right away. This is the same for much of the other pieces of feedback and questions that you all have. As soon as we're confirmed to be getting something out we will let you know. 

Also, I know traditionally Aion has had a lot of events offering some great (and sometimes not-so-great) rewards. With the recent update we're trying to take a step back and see if there's voids that have traditionally been filled with events and if we're able to better add them organically into the game. Events are not going away however, you will just see a little less of them. We'll be having some more information on this and other things we're working on next week. 

Thank you, and as I stated above please continue to share every bit of feedback you have.

I wasn't trying to insult you as a person.  But you should know that with the amount of uproar the community has been showing on the forums, would you want your CM to come out and say SOMETHING?  It's come to a point where we are wondering if our concerns are even being heard.  Just saying something like "Hey guys we know you guys aren't happy with some of the changes in 6.2, we are looking into some improvements... etc.."  

4 minutes ago, Gensb-DN said:

I wasn't trying to insult you as a person.  But you should know that with the amount of uproar the community has been showing on the forums, would you want your CM to come out and say SOMETHING?  It's come to a point where we are wondering if our concerns are even being heard.  Just saying something like "Hey guys we know you guys aren't happy with some of the changes in 6.2, we are looking into some improvements... etc.."  

No idea about you but I prefer cyan keep his silence instead of coming out on every post saying "Hey guys we know you guys aren't happy with some of the changes in 6.2, we are looking into some improvements... etc.."  and then we end up waiting 1 - 2 months for a "fix".

IMO Cyan is the only one that at least is doing his job here. 

The devs apparently have no idea about games and are destroying every idea in the last years. Not only Aion, every single game created by NCSoft in the last years is having a bad time. 2 games closed, 2 games losing population everyday and the only one that still survives is probably the most emblematic game from the company and they needed to take it back to their glorious moments. The devs are failing so hard and they still don´t want to change how they do things, They still refuse to hear the players. 

NA NCsoft, is just taking everything that comes from Corea with minimun adaptations, even when everybody knows that is failing in all the world and will probably fail here. Apparently this happens due to a love story between the autorities in Corea and NA. (I would like if they can keep their romance for them but still put attention in the games and be serious). 

We do not have only 1 CM here. We are supposed to have 3.  is totally absent and we only can see him with a random letter once a year or in a Twitch transmition showing us that he has not idea what is Aion. And Hime sometimes comes here, sometimes is gone. Sometimes helps, sometimes ignore us. At least Cyan is here everyday. 

And I think he probably share some opinion with us, but he can not complain here with us too. Is a job for him and he can not blame his boss here. If we have a complain and he thinks we are right, the only thing he can do is to read it. At least he is not blocking every agresive thread. He is not giving us warnings for what we say. I think he is showing us something. But he can´t do much more. 

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

I know there comes a time in the life of every CM where there's a comment like this, but it does sting a bit to read. I know that the new update has introduced sweeping changes to the game. You have all been very adamant about sharing your dislikes, and likes here on the forums, in game, social media. I think it's wonderful and I encourage you all to keep sharing every bit of feedback that you have. That being said, because a particular subject hasn't been addressed by myself or another member of the team doesn't mean there's something in the works or in the process of happening. We have shared your feedback with the devs and we're currently discussing the best approach. 

I know there's a lot of questions on the forums currently, and some of them just simply don't have answers yet. For example: when are we adding the Transparent Transformation Scrolls to the Golden Sand Shop? We're working on getting that implemented currently, and for a multitude of reasons sometimes it can't get added right away. This is the same for much of the other pieces of feedback and questions that you all have. As soon as we're confirmed to be getting something out we will let you know. 

Also, I know traditionally Aion has had a lot of events offering some great (and sometimes not-so-great) rewards. With the recent update we're trying to take a step back and see if there's voids that have traditionally been filled with events and if we're able to better add them organically into the game. Events are not going away however, you will just see a little less of them. We'll be having some more information on this and other things we're working on next week. 

Thank you, and as I stated above please continue to share every bit of feedback you have.

Don't sweat it Cyan, bustercasey practically killed the entire forum community and forced them (us) into roleplay groups ruled by single moms and depressed 35 year old cavemen on facebook. You can't really do worse than that! 

5 hours ago, cockroach-DN said:

Don't sweat it Cyan, bustercasey practically killed the entire forum community and forced them (us) into roleplay groups ruled by single moms and depressed 35 year old cavemen on facebook. You can't really do worse than that! 

Buster was a good CM. He was a serious man, but you don't need to use fancy words/emoticons to do well this job. He was present on the forum and sometimes even in game. CMs are often insulted just because they are the only way we have to reach the publisher, but they do what they can. They can speak about sensitive contents ONLY if the company allows them. You can't really blame them for this. Trying to remain professional and don't tell the players to go to hell when a lot of angry children insult them, requires a lot of control. Galeas on the English EU forum is a great man to endure all the shit they spit on him.

Cyan is definitely better than Hime (at least he's not a smiling liar) and Gideon (that acts as a producer of a game that he doesn't know).

11 hours ago, Cyan said:

Cyan, you're one of the best CMs I've met on my gaming life. (I'm a MMO player since 2007) 
Hope those things you read sometimes don't let you down. 

3 hours ago, KallSu-KT said:

Buster was a good CM. He was a serious man, but you don't need to use fancy words/emoticons to do well this job. He was present on the forum and sometimes even in game. 

Cyan is definitely better than Hime (at least he's not a smiling liar)

When Hime joined, her introductory post was that she expected everyone to adhere to forum guidelines and that she'd enforce the rules. Obviously this didn't leave a good impression and a lot of people responded that NC hired a forum Nazi or robot to replace Nyx. I don't remember when exactly, but Buster popped up shortly after. He was actually really friendly. Not only was he into games, he was thoroughly invested in trying to become a better CM after voluntarily moderating a different game's forums for several years, and his job at NC was his first official attempt at making a living from it. Pretty sure that because Hime was his boss, he had to do things the way she wanted him to, which meant taking a lot of flak that otherwise would have fallen on her shoulders. I was genuinely confused by why the community seemed to think he was the bad guy.

When Hime started, she was our CM and she was very active. She read everything and kept an eye on all that was going on. It was she that reached out to the IS A in an attempt to try and help with the population imbalance. She held talks between players on both sides. She got the other GMs to login on weekends to help try and motivate the IS A population. She pushed for changes to the fort gates that gave them less HP to assist the much smaller IS A population take them down. Aion was her baby and she took care of us. Yeah. She wanted people to adhere to the forum rules. At that time and soon after she took over, there was some super freaky things happening. Don't you remember the rabid posts calling out hackers who were not hackers? The personal attacks? Who could ever forget the guy that thought it appropriate to post the nude pictures of someone else's girlfriend to prove that she was running around on him? The forums were a free-fire-zone when she took over and she stopped that. It may not have left a "good impression" with those that thought the forums the appropriate place to post nudes, but the forums are 100% better now than they were then. Then she was promoted. She isn't here as much or as invested because she now oversees the CMs for all the games.

Buster was a very good person and he was viciously attacked. He had a cut and paste post that he would make when removing something inappropriate from the forums, but he was very friendly in PMs and would actively discuss forum violations with people. He was fair and impartial and open to admitting that he may have misinterpreted a post that he removed. He loved Aion as much as Hime had. It hurt us all when he took a job with another gaming company. Our loss. Their gain.

Cyan is also a very good CM. I just don't think he has a lot to say to us because not a lot has been decided. Sure, he could post platitudes and maybe he should. He could post, "Yes. We hear you and are looking at what you want" over and over and over again, but then we would mock him for that. He doesn't post unless he has something concrete to post. He's damned if he does and damned if he does not. He also doesn't just work on Aion's forums. He juggles them all. 

As it has been pointed out many times, it isn't his job nor Hime's nor was it Buster's to actually -get- us what we need. They can try, as Hime did back with the Israphel server. They can even be successful, though most of that is behind the scenes and we never know about it. But in the end it isn't their -job- to manage the game. We attack the CMs because those are the faces that we see, but our frustration is misplaced.

If NCWest would just give us -one- staff member that didn't work on any other game. That's all we need. One person. One person where Aion is their one and only responsibility, things might change. Someone who spent their whole work day pushing for the changes that we want.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:38 PM, Cyan said:

Hey all, the Candy Galaxy Corporation had to blast off to an emergency but they're coming back. You should find Esta and her friends in-game once again along with the Pumpkin King hiding in instances. They will be here until 6 am (server time) tomorrow morning Thursday, November 8. Only these NPCs will be back and you will not be receiving the daily Candy Blasts but can use any remaining ones you have left.

Thank you and sorry about their early departure.

Thank you sooo much for this @Cyan !!!  This has happened in the past sometimes and I had to wait until the event came around again to get the rewards.  This was really welcome! :) 

@Cyan can you at least help us  hold  ranks atm? While there's no concrete  solution yet,as  it is,siege has been hard enough for the losing race,what more  if we lose our xforms...Just at least till we  find something to farm our gp. Or get  the gp trader back + the  shugo  where we buy the item needed and make us at least turn in once a month? and then  take it off again T.T. when you guys provide us more option of gaining our GP

please  consider this @Cyan

So many people keep referring to some big news that is meant to be coming soon.... \_o_O_/

Unless it's giving me back my 1000+ code red scrolls on most of my characters, crafts i put a lot of time into, kinah etc., and doing away with the retarded transformation candy, I personally really can't see what good news could there possibly be to make up for the current state of the game which is the biggest cash shop move in gaming history.

You beef up the new gear and mobs so much, to make the pre 6.x gear completely useless and you remove scrolls so people have to buy the transparent candy and you do away with kinah while beefing up the broker fees while on top of that not only you can't trade anymore, but most things can't go into the account warehouse and they sell for 1 kinah and can't be disenchanted...

So what good news could there be? Reverting all the nyerk?

7 hours ago, dadaaa-KT said:

@Cyan can you at least help us  hold  ranks atm? While there's no concrete  solution yet,as  it is,siege has been hard enough for the losing race,what more  if we lose our xforms...Just at least till we  find something to farm our gp. Or get  the gp trader back + the  shugo  where we buy the item needed and make us at least turn in once a month? and then  take it off again T.T. when you guys provide us more option of gaining our GP

please  consider this @Cyan

The siege buff seems to be working now.

Was thinking about something last night when I saw the HP on the DN Elyos. Last patch we often referred to someone with the level 9 buff on as "little xforms". Maybe that is what they were meant to be.. little transforms to make up for the lack of transforms for a faction that hasn't been able to maintain theirs because of not taking forts for awhile. Once the buff is high enough, everyone will get their xform back so it can be used as the buff falls to keep the fort until the other side rallies enough to take it back.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:31 AM, Gensb-DN said:

You just did, and shows how much of a disgraceful punk you really are.

First of all, lemme step in here to say how little this community is appreciative of the current CM we have. I’m going to compare it to EU forums obviously, since both EU and NA are the western market. Regardless whether we have Cyan talking or not, you people should appreciate the fact the forums aren’t as censored as on EU, every time I go there to read the current status and comments of people, I either see people banned or posts removed with a “censored” shugo icon. Anything that’s criticism towards their staff or the company is removed.

Here? I don’t see any of that unless the situation heats up awfully bad. What I see here is little kids insulting a guy trying to do his job where half the time can’t say anything because of his superiors (i.e. maybe Hime says “wait until tomorrow til we get more info”)

You can’t please people here, if Cyan talks, he gets crap for it, if he doesn’t, he STILL gets crap for it. Just shows how people have little appreciation for little things we get. If you’re here to insult a guy doing his job, you seriously need to quit Aion and re-think of your life choices.

We may not always get responses to direct questions, but I truly believe @Cyan tries his best to provide us with answers to things he does know and what he is aware is being worked on currently. There are so many problems with this patch, staff has to find a way to prioritize. Just try to be patient and diligently repeat your question until an answer can be provided.

On 8/11/2018 at 10:52 AM, Aly-DN said:

If NCWest would just give us -one- staff member that didn't work on any other game. That's all we need. One person. One person where Aion is their one and only responsibility, things might change. Someone who spent their whole work day pushing for the changes that we want.

I agree with this, we need one exclusive CM for AIon, and one who actually know and like the game, i see during the live streams of the updates, Hime and Gideon are clearly not enough into the game, they tryed to exchage items on NPC or equip items on their chars during the lives click things that are not even for that function, or moving items from a spot to ther that doesnt work like that. I love to have all the Cm's, and i thank to all of them, but it's true that Aion need 1 exclusibe person for it who is completly into the game, who knows how the stuff works, and who can find by himself and fast some obvious bugs. Best example: Magic Resistance duplicate name in profile/manastones/retune, there is no way a person who play Aion to not notice that.

Archived