Weekly Server Maintenance - November 7, 2018

Cyan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Cyan I know the team wanna test how the game version is going without events for a while, but i quite sure what we need more in events is not free gear, or excesive ammount of enchants, that would totally broke the game system, but... as an old players from the realese in NA, and an active players ii cna sya is easy to realize there are some things we can't have right now, specially for new players, and that's mounts, skins, emotes, and housing stuff. I think the incomming events must focus on that, costumization, mounts and housing, because due the construction craft was deleted, and aetherforging didnt get any housing craft, we can't get any stuff for housing now. The change of Luna made an important difference between old players and new players, new players practically can't get a mount other than the legion one, they are in a huge dissadvantage specially in the endgame map Lakrum where mount is your mount mark the difference between get nyerked by the other faction or live; even you have a differenmce within your own faction players that affect negatively your gameplay when you need to reach the cubic instance at time before all your own faction with mounts consume all entries. Other good option would be some kinah bundles, and gold ingots ones.

As conclusion, this version is really good but this few missing things are making too hard to keep the new people or retunring people on the game. If you get rid of this and fix via event or other ways it would make nearly the best verison of aion since 4.5

2 hours ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

@Cyan I know the team wanna test how the game version is going without events for a while, but i quite sure what we need more in events is not free gear, or excesive ammount of enchants, that would totally broke the game system, but... as an old players from the realese in NA, and an active players ii cna sya is easy to realize there are some things we can't have right now, specially for new players, and that's mounts, skins, emotes, and housing stuff. I think the incomming events must focus on that, costumization, mounts and housing, because due the construction craft was deleted, and aetherforging didnt get any housing craft, we can't get any stuff for housing now. The change of Luna made an important difference between old players and new players, new players practically can't get a mount other than the legion one, they are in a huge dissadvantage specially in the endgame map Lakrum where mount is your mount mark the difference between get nyerked by the other faction or live; even you have a differenmce within your own faction players that affect negatively your gameplay when you need to reach the cubic instance at time before all your own faction with mounts consume all entries. Other good option would be some kinah bundles, and gold ingots ones.

As conclusion, this version is really good but this few missing things are making too hard to keep the new people or retunring people on the game. If you get rid of this and fix via event or other ways it would make nearly the best verison of aion since 4.5

I second this. With removal of those things in Luna it's not clear where (new) players are supposed to get the permanent mounts etc... And it would be nice to get all those skin recipes back somehow, somewhere. The situation with many things is so weird, from the transformation system to everything else that got removed/altered that I'm hesitating to invite my friends I met in other games to play, bc I'm afraid they gonna get discouraged & confused seeing all this

9 hours ago, Chibiusa-DN said:

6 hours ago, Nirena-KT said:

I second this. With removal of those things in Luna it's not clear where (new) players are supposed to get the permanent mounts etc... And it would be nice to get all those skin recipes back somehow, somewhere. The situation with many things is so weird, from the transformation system to everything else that got removed/altered that I'm hesitating to invite my friends I met in other games to play, bc I'm afraid they gonna get discouraged & confused seeing all this

I third this! Half of my toons do not have permanent mounts (I had terrible odds in Luna) and they have become almost a necessity with the way our speed has been drastically reduced. Adding Mounts, Skins and Housing items to Events or elsewhere in the game (perhaps Aetherforging) would be terrific.

• Aion Team
On 11/8/2018 at 9:32 PM, dadaaa-KT said:

@Cyan can you at least help us  hold  ranks atm? While there's no concrete  solution yet,as  it is,siege has been hard enough for the losing race,what more  if we lose our xforms...Just at least till we  find something to farm our gp. Or get  the gp trader back + the  shugo  where we buy the item needed and make us at least turn in once a month? and then  take it off again T.T. when you guys provide us more option of gaining our GP

please  consider this @Cyan

I suppose this is as good as a place as any for a quick update on the GP situation. With this maintenance coming up this Wednesday, we will be adjusting GP in a couple of different ways. 

Firstly, the required GP to hold your rank will be lowered to 800. Secondly, the amount of GP gained per siege will also be increased (for both Prestige Pass holders and non-prestige by roughly 30%. This means that an unsuccessful fort siege will gain you 80 or 120 if you have the Prestige Pass. This increase in GP gain applies to all sieges except successfully defending the Lakrum Fortress.

We've got a few more things coming with the maintenance as well so stay tuned for maintenance notes tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, Sarrows-DN said:

just bad... now u allow afks back in... keep the lowered gp requirement BUT DO NOT  higher  the gain per siege at least

You completely don't understand why this is being done or how the system works. Doesn't matter right now if you're the hardest working transform and show up at every single siege if your faction loses every siege- which is the case on DN-Elyos- it is mathematically impossible to hold your rank.

With this change, it won't matter, if you afk in a winning siege, you don't get maximum credit- there's no incentive to be afk.

I would also point out there the number on non-ranked afking that I see far, far out outweighs the number of officers.

This change is good because the faction won't lose its transforms AND it won't be necessary for upper ranks to stress over making every single siege without fail  just too hold rank - that's crazy.

I don't understand... I still don't understand. Is this considered a good thing in general? Or just a bit better then before? I just found out about this update so, imma say this.
@Cyan Glad you guys decided to increase the GP for those who are unsuccessful during siege. However 80GP to 120GP? I do hope you guy are kidding. So what you are basically saying is this. If you had farmed GP like crazy in 4.x-5.x in Glory, IWW, KB, OW, IDL, Harmony and any other instance that gave gp +sieges (Let's not forget about the EB spammers), well here guys you can keep your rank. For the rest of you fools who gave your best to get to 5 stars, but you didn't manage to get there before 6.2, well you guys don't matter. You don't deserve a chance to advance in rank anymore. 

so let's sum this up 80-120 for unsuccessful siege 150-250 for wining (roughly, it can be a bit higher in some cases but not by much). Current gap between 4 star and 5 star +/-  a few hundred thousand GP .  See my point?(not gonna say about 1 star because that's even worse) Please bring this up to the relevant people Cyan if it's not too much to ask. Let's look at the big picture a little shall we? 

Lot's of Love

7 hours ago, Sarrows-DN said:

i want new ppl to get the ability to transform... and get rid of all the rubbish high ranks that do shit... new ppl might to somethings ... its better than nothing... and now they are giving the option back to ppl to afk rank... seriously... @Rapier-DN u don't understand

Couple of things.

First, you can't afk and get GP. You have to get contribution. It's not like the UA in 5.x with the coalitions where you could join the coalition and sit afk at the kisk, never attack a single person and still get the same GP as the rest of the coalition. We are back to the way things were in 4.x and before. You have to gain -some- ap in the siege zone in order to get any GP. Ofc someone could join an alliance and then sit in the camp.. skimming off contribution from the rest of the alliance, but a good alliance lead is going to do ready checks and can kick anyone that is afk.

Second, "rubbish high ranks" can still fall off the rankings. If someone fails to earn the monthly GP, they will lose their spots. So it doesn't matter if they have over 9 billion GP. If they can't earn 800 GP, they will be a rank 1. This does allow new players to work their way up the rankings, climbing over those not sieging this patch. Which is actually a change from previous patches where you had people who had rank and never attended a single siege as they would do instances and arenas. Anyone not sieging will not be a transform. Those sieging will rise in the ranks.

This isn't perfect, but it's better than it has been.

5 hours ago, Mirelium-KT said:

I don't understand... I still don't understand. Is this considered a good thing in general? Or just a bit better then before? I just found out about this update so, imma say this.
@Cyan Glad you guys decided to increase the GP for those who are unsuccessful during siege. However 80GP to 120GP? I do hope you guy are kidding. So what you are basically saying is this. If you had farmed GP like crazy in 4.x-5.x in Glory, IWW, KB, OW, IDL, Harmony and any other instance that gave gp +sieges (Let's not forget about the EB spammers), well here guys you can keep your rank. For the rest of you fools who gave your best to get to 5 stars, but you didn't manage to get there before 6.2, well you guys don't matter. You don't deserve a chance to advance in rank anymore. 

so let's sum this up 80-120 for unsuccessful siege 150-250 for wining (roughly, it can be a bit higher in some cases but not by much). Current gap between 4 star and 5 star +/-  a few hundred thousand GP .  See my point?(not gonna say about 1 star because that's even worse) Please bring this up to the relevant people Cyan if it's not too much to ask. Let's look at the big picture a little shall we? 

Lot's of Love

Mire i couldnt agree more, we're always at every seige, and active, hell i even get vice alot and try to lead them. do every pvp instance there is, and im constantly going down in rank, with what seems like no chance to move up, in 2 days i dropped 113 ranks, so it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for lower ranked players to move up.

2 hours ago, Acheillies-KT said:

maybe give the newbies a aetherforging xp event, lol at least let some get their crafting up to help make some gear rofl!!

Fir this you can use the Tea of repose. Would be a good idea if we, who don't need that much the tea anymore, could sell it on broker, for those who don't have, or just trade it. I would mind giving it for free to a new player that needs it.
@Cyan can something be done about this? We have so many resources that we don't use, and we end up throwing them away when others are struggling to get them. A few examples: Transformation pots, Food that belongs to a different class, [Event]Tea of repose, Shards. The event  tea of repose i'm guessing there is no chance to be brokered of even tradeable but it doesn't hurt to ask :D since some have hundreds of them just sitting around...

2 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

Couple of things.

First, you can't afk and get GP. You have to get contribution. It's not like the UA in 5.x with the coalitions where you could join the coalition and sit afk at the kisk, never attack a single person and still get the same GP as the rest of the coalition. We are back to the way things were in 4.x and before. You have to gain -some- ap in the siege zone in order to get any GP. Ofc someone could join an alliance and then sit in the camp.. skimming off contribution from the rest of the alliance, but a good alliance lead is going to do ready checks and can kick anyone that is afk.

Second, "rubbish high ranks" can still fall off the rankings. If someone fails to earn the monthly GP, they will lose their spots. So it doesn't matter if they have over 9 billion GP. If they can't earn 800 GP, they will be a rank 1. This does allow new players to work their way up the rankings, climbing over those not sieging this patch. Which is actually a change from previous patches where you had people who had rank and never attended a single siege as they would do instances and arenas. Anyone not sieging will not be a transform. Those sieging will rise in the ranks.

This isn't perfect, but it's better than it has been.

1 you are 100% right, you can't afk and get GP. But if you stay in the camp, you will not get any GP. no contribution there. you need to be in the middle of the action, close to the fort, near it's path to get contribution. Now they kick part.. well with that i don't agree.  At least not at this moment. For example i have been siege active ever since i started aion back in 2.7. However this patch my client is frozen 40%-ish of the time when siegeing. It's not that i'm afk, game just won't allow me to do anything. I would most likely won't be able to ready check with PC frozen. And this happens to others (can't say for how many though) as well. It wouldn't be too fair in that regard.

2 While some high ranks can drop, that's not a certainty. It's not something that you control. I'm not saying that GP should be gain from anywhere else but siege. Just to raise the amount of GP that can be received, for both a successful and unsuccessful siege. took me roughly 7-8 months to get from 2 star to 4 star (and that is w/o being feed GP in Glory). At the current GP gain it will take a 2 star from my calculation more then a year to get there to 4 star and that's IF some players drop in rank meanwhile.  For some players this useless thing it is important. Don't ask me why, i couldn't tell you why. For me it's just yet another goal to have in the game. One that i always had. i want to still have the dream of moving in ranks. 

Again it's very good that GP is gained only from siegeing, however the amount received is just ridiculous.

Lot's of Love 

15 hours ago, Sarrows-DN said:

just bad... now u allow afks back in... keep the lowered gp requirement BUT DO NOT  higher  the gain per siege at least

You have to be in range of contribution to get GP.  Contribution range is not somewhere you can afk without daying and if your'e dead you can't get AP to make contribution. 

You can't afk siege.  You can doa 5 min contribution run - go in, fight and when you make AP, you can leave - but you can't afk.

On 12/11/2018 at 3:43 PM, Shirayuki-DN said:

Or just keep the old luna crafts together with the new luna crafts

I believe about skins the skins the Luna ones should be included in the Gold Sand Traders, because he ones there currently are beyond the uglyness my body tolerate xD

About mounts i think that can be fixed with Luna, there are already some 5 days monuts, is just a work of increase the mats required and make them permanent or just put the old ones back.

About the Construction and Housing stuff, is urgent to make a way to let us have the crafted cabinets that we have with stuck items since the craft recipes gone to a better life....

8 hours ago, Sarrows-DN said:

ya is just got gp for doing nothing..afk the whole time.. tell me can't afk siege again pffff know it alls

Were you in a group? An alliance? If so, you leached off of that group. That's always been possible. Did you at any point hit any enemy while in the GP zone? Then you were not not afk "the whole time".

In order to prevent afkers from getting rewards, alliance leaders need to check for afkers and kick them from the alliance.

Though I do absolutely -love- the way you brag about being afk and getting rewards. At least the guy above you used a merge name, so he was at least ashamed of being a free-loader. 

37 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Were you in a group? An alliance? If so, you leached off of that group. That's always been possible. Did you at any point hit any enemy while in the GP zone? Then you were not not afk "the whole time".

In order to prevent afkers from getting rewards, alliance leaders need to check for afkers and kick them from the alliance.

Though I do absolutely -love- the way you brag about being afk and getting rewards. At least the guy above you used a merge name, so he was at least ashamed of being a free-loader. 

not something i intend to do again, i was only making a point to those that say you can't afk. and furthering my comment of lowering the gp requirement and increasing the gain was bad because people can precisely do that and it was alot of ppl afking not only me, i'd much prefer winning to keep ranks :) keep up if u knew my previous position on this topic

2 minutes ago, Sarrows-DN said:

not something i intend to do again, i was only making a point to those that say you can't afk. and furthering my comment of lowering the gp requirement and increasing the gain was bad because people can precisely do that and it was alot of ppl afking not only me, i'd much prefer winning to keep ranks :) keep up if u knew my previous position on this topic

Doesn't answer my questions though. You can't 100% afk solo and get GP. You have to either afk and get carried by a group/alliance, in which case it is up to the leader of the group/alliance to kick free-loaders. Or you actually did run forward and attack enemies that died in the GP zone and -then- afked.

So. Were you in a group/alliance that allowed you to sit afk the whole time and carried you? Did you actually play for a bit and then afk?

Though I do agree that NCWest overcompensated in this case. Some changes needed to be made, but personally I think they went too far.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived