Regarding Server Transfers

imTingTing-DN

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I don't wanna seem like the guy with a pitchfork, but I'll play the part;

Did they really release a new server without having developed the system for transfers to work, while retaining the knowledge and precedence of what happened last time?

I don't blame Cyan, you're essentially running Project Coordinator right now in this thread and trust me I know that hell, but this seems a little more unorganized and careless than just having to translate it... If it were me waiting on xfers to decide if I keep playing or not, given this, I'd probably find digital stimulation elsewhere.

NA really is the hand-me-down step child of NCsoft, aren't we?.... Are we going to get to go to Hogwarts later?

@Cyan

we know that the EK server is new, but I believe that it is necessary to evaluate if it is worthwhile to continue with it, it is clearly the large number of players who left the server which is leaving this server empty and deserted.
please check the possibility of Merge or transfer to the EK. clearly the most functional would be the merge.

59 minutes ago, Memelluko-EK said:

@Cyan

we know that the EK server is new, but I believe that it is necessary to evaluate if it is worthwhile to continue with it, it is clearly the large number of players who left the server which is leaving this server empty and deserted.
please check the possibility of Merge or transfer to the EK. clearly the most functional would be the merge.

Allowing transfers to EK would eventually render the server useless knowing there'd be people from KT/DN with gears (or compensation gear) wrecking everybody with ease, it's what happened with Beritra, it's what happened with Kahrun, and it'll keep on happening. If they do that, EK will collapse completely.

2 hours ago, Memelluko-EK said:

@Cyan

You wanted a "clean" server with no compensation gear and now you want people with compensation gear to transfer in? That's actually funny.

@Cyan.. please. No merge. Please please please don't throw the older servers into chaos over NCWest's mistake of opening EK. Please consider one of two options. Allowing everyone on EK to transfer for free to DN or KT or (preferably.. as it would help with numbers balance) force transfer all the Elyos to DN and all the Asmodians to KT.

1 hour ago, Kubei-DN said:

Allowing transfers to EK would eventually render the server useless knowing there'd be people from KT/DN with gears (or compensation gear) wrecking everybody with ease, it's what happened with Beritra, it's what happened with Kahrun, and it'll keep on happening. If they do that, EK will collapse completely.

14 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

You wanted a "clean" server with no compensation gear and now you want people with compensation gear to transfer in? That's actually funny.

@Cyan.. please. No merge. Please please please don't throw the older servers into chaos over NCWest's mistake of opening EK. Please consider one of two options. Allowing everyone on EK to transfer for free to DN or KT or (preferably.. as it would help with numbers balance) force transfer all the Elyos to DN and all the Asmodians to KT.

I may have expressed myself wrongly, but that's exactly what I'm wanting, to leave EK for the other servers, or a merge, not the other, of the other servers for the EK.

the solution of dividing the races would also be great, it would be a way to balance sending Asmo to the KT and Elyos to the DN.

I say, if the server is really dying, they should enable free transfers instead instead of merging since I know it's a tedious process. That way people can go wherever they want and NC then can shut EK down once they see it's good enough. This is what Gameforge is currently doing with their EK (albeit German) server.

@Memelluko-EK Okay. I understand. But I really want you to understand the position of those of us on KT and DN. A server merge requires a complete restart for everyone on that server. People lose their names. They lose their properties. They lose their ranks. Their economy is thrown into disarray. It is a terrible terrible experience. I have been threw it many many times and I hope that I never have to again. So many of us here on the forums warned against starting a new server with 6.x. We begged NCWest to be smart about this and not to go for the quick cash grab and to consider the long term health of the game. They didn't listen.

Your server was a mistake.

Yes. It is empty now, just as predicted. Something needs to happen. What we want is a solution that doesn't harm the players on DN and KT. That would either be some form of transfer.. either by choice or forced. 

6 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

@Memelluko-EK Okay. I understand. But I really want you to understand the position of those of us on KT and DN. A server merge requires a complete restart for everyone on that server. People lose their names. They lose their properties. They lose their ranks. Their economy is thrown into disarray. It is a terrible terrible experience. I have been threw it many many times and I hope that I never have to again. So many of us here on the forums warned against starting a new server with 6.x. We begged NCWest to be smart about this and not to go for the quick cash grab and to consider the long term health of the game. They didn't listen.

Your server was a mistake.

Yes. It is empty now, just as predicted. Something needs to happen. What we want is a solution that doesn't harm the players on DN and KT. That would either be some form of transfer.. either by choice or forced. 

Yes, it was really a mistake.
I did not go through the merge process so I did not have that experience, and in this way I understand the fear of repeating it, so I believe it would be best to open the transfer only to the exit of EK and with a closing of the same at the end.

Please.. enable transfers for EK server.

Every week more and more players quit due to the lack of things to do here. All we have to do here is PvE.

At least for me, the fun in Aion is in PvP. We rolled here in this server because all of the other servers economy is completely trashed, but at the moment, it's impossible to play here.

You go out for PvP and there is no one, literally no one roaming around. It's the most boring thing ever...

Anyway, I beg you @Cyan please, talk to your colleagues, I don't know, just don't leave EK out of the transfer plans.

Thank you

On 1/18/2019 at 7:34 PM, Cyan said:

Due to some unexpected issues the server transfer process requires some more development. Because of this we're currently scheduling the middle-ish of next month. I'll keep you all updated if that changes again. 

Its the middle of the month!  Any news as to when the transfers will be available?

On 1/19/2019 at 2:34 AM, Cyan said:

Due to some unexpected issues the server transfer process requires some more development. Because of this we're currently scheduling the middle-ish of next month. I'll keep you all updated if that changes again. 

It's been almost 4 month now.... When is it going to be open? How hard could it be honestly like this is just ridiculous.

8 hours ago, Germ-DN said:

It's been almost 4 month now.... When is it going to be open? How hard could it be honestly like this is just ridiculous.

/Makes new server while having the precedence to know it's not a good idea and ultimately what will happen

/Doesn't make a plan or back up to resolve or rectify the issue they had precedence to know it's not a good idea to do

/Fails to come up with a solution over an extended period of time to resolve the issue they had precedence to know better with

/No updates

In the real working world, this would be called a scam or an amateur.

As somebody said, I suggest if you are on EK to create new toons in the server that you want to be and start playing there. 

What they did with EK was a huge mistake and now it is really hard to solve it. If they do another merge, we will have a lot of issues (again) with our names, houses, economy and others... If they let old players to go there... we will have a some new players without gear trying to fight with people with endgame gear or even from compensations. Not so fair for the new people. Forcing everyone on EK to move to the other servers can be also an issue. Some people went there cause they really did not wanted to be on KT or DN. Some wanted a fresh start with new people. It is really complicated.

So they really have a mess there. And they are not so worried about Aion. Maybe with some promotions and advertisement they can bring some new players to fill it a little more.. who knows? 

But maybe we will see an action about EK soon or maybe nothing for the next months. Creating a new toon to save some time can be something to think about?

Archived