Regarding Server Transfers

imTingTing-DN

@Cyancan we get some transparency into what you're doing, planning, discussing, if anything at all, about EK? The server is literally dead. There are probably 25-30 players on Elyos side at any given time. Will there be transfers? Will there be a merge? Have you discussed any of these things? Communicate with us; because right now the lack of ANY communication around what is clearly a dead server while you're enabling transfers for the other servers is pretty nyerking sad. 

EDIT: Like, literally, all you have to do is write "we're going to either merge or allow transfers off of ek" or "we're never going to do that" or "we're discussing what to do about this dead ass server and we will let you know what our decision is by 3/31/2019." I don't think it's asking a lot and it's pretty important to most of us that we know whether or not we are wasting our time and money or not by logging in.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aion Team
17 minutes ago, 1s249CEF-KT said:

@Cyancan we get some transparency into what you're doing, planning, discussing, if anything at all, about EK? The server is literally dead. There are probably 25-30 players on Elyos side at any given time. Will there be transfers? Will there be a merge? Have you discussed any of these things? Communicate with us; because right now the lack of ANY communication around what is clearly a dead server while you're enabling transfers for the other servers is pretty nyerking sad. 

EDIT: Like, literally, all you have to do is write "we're going to either merge or allow transfers off of ek" or "we're never going to do that" or "we're discussing what to do about this dead ass server and we will let you know what our decision is by 3/31/2019." I don't think it's asking a lot and it's pretty important to most of us that we know whether or not we are wasting our time and money or not by logging in.

The reason nothing has been said is because there's currently not much to say. I know there's been a lot of posts about it, but I cannot tell you definitively when or if something is going to happen. We're looking at some data but we just don't have anything to say right now one way or another. As soon as we've identified a plan (no matter what it will be) we'll let all of you know. 

52 minutes ago, Cyan said:

The reason nothing has been said is because there's currently not much to say. I know there's been a lot of posts about it, but I cannot tell you definitively when or if something is going to happen. We're looking at some data but we just don't have anything to say right now one way or another. As soon as we've identified a plan (no matter what it will be) we'll let all of you know. 

Thanks for the response. Hopefully you and your team understand that a faction with 25 people on it at any given time i(including right now) isn't worth playing on. Almost everyone I know has already decided as much and has moved on to other games. Every day that you sit on your hands is costing you players. I personally would love to login and play everyday but that would be contingent on having people to play with... which will never be the case until you either merge EK with another server or allow transfers off of it. Anyway, hopefully you guys make a decision quickly; care levels are dropping dangerously close to 0 for everyone I played with.

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Seriously now. How hard is it to have someone login 4 or 5 times a day and check the numbers? We already told you what to do. Just do it. Enable free transfers for Asmodians to KT and for Elyos to DN. It's that simple.

Now don't give me that "we are worried about a possible imbalance" bs because you are opening unrestricted transfers for both KT and DN, and that will generate far more imbalance than EK ever would.

Just do it.

2 hours ago, Cyan said:

My interpretation of this is that you guys already know the problem and because our population is so small it probably doesn’t affect the bottom line much with regards to bcm sales so you can afford to ignore the problem for as long as you need to. I know you’re just a messenger so I’m not holding it against you.

1 hour ago, Hellish-DN said:

Or you could just reroll instead of begging ncsoft to hold your hand.

Nah, it’s just easier to quit. Some of us already have a significant investment in the current toons that would take months to a year to rebuild it on a new server.

3 hours ago, Cyan said:

not much to say really?? elyos faction is dead bro say something 

Im fairly certain many of the players on EK are either rerolls from other servers or already established players looking for a fresh start. I find it hard to believe that the majority of players on EK are totally new players, because in the wider gaming community, most have never heard of Aion. The rerolls/already established players who flock to EK server thinking everything is rosy, somehow claim to not know about the demise of the previous 2 servers created purely on the release of a major patch. However, the truly knowledgeable players know about Kahrun and Beritra's servers past, and wisely stick to the main servers. Now, NCSOFT is just waiting for the established players to reroll back on their main servers then they will merge it, just like Kahrun and Beritra.

22 hours ago, Cyan said:

This was a mistake on my part. It's also not a waste of time as the entire system needed to be rebuilt and added to the BCM because of all the data changes we had with 6.2. It took awhile but it's live and ready to go. Sorry for the delays on this.

Well thanks for the update anyway

On 2/28/2019 at 8:10 AM, ZouL-EK said:

not much to say really?? elyos faction is dead bro say something 

Quite true, at any given time on EK there is about 300% more Asmos online than Elyos, though there is a larger turnout during siege times. I presume the Elyos have toons on other servers they are playing at other times, or simply logging out.

The impact of low Elyos numbers can be felt in several ways.

Firstly, we have to wait until there is a huge buff to win a siege.

Secondly not many people buying the stuff you sell on the broker, so the Elyos economy is totally screwed.

Lastly, it's hard to get groups for doing things unless it's prime time.  I am Oceanic time, so Lakrum is a ghost town in my evenings.

One thing I noticed is the gear discrepancy between the Asmos and the Elyos is growing, at the start it was pretty even, but now the Asmos are speeding off into the distance with better gear. I presume it's because they can get groups to run instances easier, and they have more kinah to buy crafting scrolls and mats.

Quite true, at any given time on EK there is about 300% more Asmos online than Elyos

No there isn't. Its about double during the day, with elyos going from 40-50, while asmos go from 80 to a little more than 100, and it's more like 50%-60% more during siege time, with elyos not even getting 100 players currently.

Firstly, we have to wait until there is a huge buff to win a siege.

Secondly not many people buying the stuff you sell on the broker, so the Elyos economy is totally screwed.

That's true for any server. And in any of them, the losing faction doesn't get ultimate kibrium. Certainly not at the price that we asmos from EK get, LOL. As I type this, I just bought like 500 of them for 10k, LMFAO.

There were only 7 Elyos on EK a couple of hours ago, there are 13 on now as I type this, lots are leaving each week.

If you try and grind for crafting mats, you will get ganked by some Asmo scout, they will run around the map looking for the 7 online Elyos to sneak up on and harass, which of course makes more Elyos leave, the Asmos just don't understand the results of their actions, they think the are doing PvP but it's either ganking someone on a mob or low geared, or a zerg. Either way the Elyos just leave and play on a more balanced server, or go watch a video.

If you try and grind for crafting mats, you will get ganked by some Asmo scout, they will run around the map looking for the 7 online Elyos to sneak up on and harass, which of course makes more Elyos leave, the Asmos just don't understand the results of their actions, they think the are doing PvP but it's either ganking someone on a mob or low geared, or a zerg. Either way the Elyos just leave and play on a more balanced server, or go watch a video.

Having leveld up in times where i would be constantly rolled by twinkies, I do understand how that feels...

1 hour ago, Cyfur-EK said:

the Asmos just don't understand the results of their actions, they think the are doing PvP but it's either ganking someone on a mob or low geared, or a zerg.

Disclaimer: I have 0 toons on EK, so this is an unbiased reply.

The thing is, the asmos are only doing what they can in order to advance themselves. They very likely understand that they're zerging lowbies and whatnot, but if there are truly only 13 elyos or whatever, they don't have much choice. They are trying to finish their daily pvp quests and the pink prestige quest to get genesis crystals and fighting spirit fragments. They need these things. So while they likely understand your pains (after all, they are human just like you), they have to bite the bullet and kill you anyway.

Archived