Regarding Server Transfers

imTingTing-DN

6 minutes ago, Frig-EK said:

if people of the old server still do not have ultimate gear idk what  you guys were doing in the last few years, or you guys are really bad at the game or just pretending.

40% of EK players already have 5-6 pieces of firebrand ultimate gear, some of them +15, we didnt had omegas/temperings and old manastones to trade, not even accumulated ap over the 4 years, so if you guys still think its retarded for us to say you guys dont have full ultimate gear, im sorry we thought people with at least 2k posts in the forum know how to play the game they so much talk about.

I took a two year hiatus, rerolled a fresh Glad and got to end game and various pieces of compensation gear in around two months. There are lots of exceptions, across hundreds (I can't even say thousands because we don't have have that pop...) of players.
It is not recommended to make blanket-statements like that when making a point on Aion Forums; it's bad tactic and asking to be criticized. Prepare yourself, even if you aren't totally wrong, my child.

It comes.

86Uq.gif

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

I took a two year hiatus, rerolled a fresh Glad and got to end game and various pieces of compensation gear in around two months.
It is not recommended to make blanket-statements like that when making a point on Aion Forums; it's bad tactic and asking to be criticized. 

We started from 0, no boost pack no prestige no alts, no ap, no compensation, no omega, no tempering and we still have more gear than 70% of DN and KT

I dont think you fit in the 2k posts criteria, so no reason to even take consideration what i said.

Something is wrong imo

18 minutes ago, Frig-EK said:

We started from 0, no boost pack no prestige no alts, no ap, no compensation, no omega, no tempering and we still have more gear than 70% of DN and KT

Something is wrong imo

It really isn't like everyone's running around in Ultimate. That costed some dollar dollar bills y'all, and that's how you ACTUALLY play this game.

The real story here is it's kind of fruitless to even argue about because it's highly circumstantial on an individual basis and the end result is meaningless. Whether people farmed organically or not, or who has more or not... the entire issue is population, why we're discussing anything else like it's going to make a difference at the end of the day is beyond me. 

On the flipside, most people made a choice, knowing how it was gonna be... but not everyone had an idea what was going to happen, and it isn't like the community pressed the button to make EK go live...

It's no ones fault we wanted to play a game we were told would be fun, or content/servers the company put out. If anyone should be mad at anyone, we should all be mad at Ncsoft, not raging at each other like peasants squabbling over scraps that ncsoft gave us.

1 minute ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

Wasn't there a debacle a little while ago about people getting gear they probably shouldn't have been getting?
I'm not saying a ton of people don't have a ton of gear, but it isn't like everyone's running around in Ultimate. That costed some dollar dollar bills y'all, and that's how you ACTUALLY play this game.

The real story here is, it doesn't matter, it's kind of dumb to even argue about because it's highly circumstantial on an individual basis and the end result is meaningless. Whether people farmed organically or not, or what server was better off or not, or who has more or not... the entire issue is population, why we're discussing anything else like it's going to make a difference at the end of the day is beyond me. You're speaking for your own validation now, aren't you? 

If not, I have a heads up, it appears as though you are. Food for thought.

The gear issue that we had in EK was "fixed" according to the staff of aion, but since nothing in ncwest is transparent we don't know for sure, if the reason of EK is to moneysink luring people with lots of cash to start a new server and gain advantage they already milked the cow out of it, no reason to no allow free transfers out of there.

My argument was to people from DN-KT saying people in EK asked for it, we had a fresh start we geared up without getting beat in every single way in the world pvp like some people do in DN-KT but now the time has come, they must know when we reach the bottom when theres no light in the end of the tunnel, open free transfers and get this over with.

Just now, Frig-EK said:

The gear issue that we had in EK was "fixed" according to the staff of aion, but since nothing in ncwest is transparent we don't know for sure, if the reason of EK is to moneysink luring people with lots of cash to start a new server and gain advantage they already milked the cow out of it, no reason to no allow free transfers out of there.

My argument was to people from DN-KT saying people in EK asked for it, we had a fresh start we geared up without getting beat in every single way in the world pvp like some people do in DN-KT but now the time has come, they must know when we reach the bottom when theres no light in the end of the tunnel, open free transfers and get this over with.

FYI I edited my post to reflect a more neutral position, I wouldn't mind if you re-read it although it isn't horribly different.
I agree, ncsoft needs to take responsibility for inducing an effect on the community they had precedence to know wasn't.... man I reiterate this a lot. You know where I'm getting to.

Wasn't there a debacle a little while ago about people getting gear they probably shouldn't have been getting?

That was good stuff, lol. I can't believe that idiot upgraded that weapon(?), too, making it show up in chat. xD But maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Most people aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Just remember, we couldn't escape Beritra for forever, so godspeed to you guys that you see something sooner than that.

7 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

That was good stuff, lol. I can't believe that idiot upgraded that weapon(?), too, making it show up in chat. xD But maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Most people aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Just remember, we couldn't escape Beritra for forever, so godspeed to you guys that you see something sooner than that.

I still feel bad for making a sin on Kahrun when it came out. I learned my lesson that day, even though it wasn't as bad.

3 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

I still feel bad for making a sin on Kahrun when it came out. I learned my lesson that day, even though it wasn't as bad.

Kahrun was the only server that didn't have rift buffs when it launched, if I remember right, which was why a lot of people rerolled there at the beginning.

1 minute ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

Kahrun was the only server that didn't have rift buffs when it launched, if I remember right, which was why a lot of people rerolled there at the beginning.

I just wanted to be a filthy twink to relive my early twink years while I had the chance.

... Of course, the origin of all of this, the very root of poor choices... has always started with Crucible Gear...
Everyone freaked out, what a time to be alive. Hunting down these 55 nerds in their arena gear in Heiron and beyond....
Such squandered youth, but so palatable.

Just now, 2s30B77F-DN said:

I just wanted to be a filthy twink to relive my early twink years while I had the chance.

... Of course, the origin of all of this, the very root of poor choices... has always started with Crucible Gear...
Everyone freaked out, what a time to be alive. Hunting down these 55 nerds in their arena gear in Heiron and beyond....
Such squandered youth, but so palatable.

I loved my 55 arena gear. I still have it on my Elyos glad and Cheesecake. Such cool skins back then. <3

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I loved my 55 arena gear. I still have it on my Elyos glad and Cheesecake. Such cool skins back then. <3

I have some saved on my alts. And very old wings... some things made it through the years, I suppose. I wonder which would have worked out best in the end;

Abyss sets and Cruci Sets
Blood Marks and the new sets

I miss farming abyss gear, rifting for hours to farm for those coveted attack % gloves and runspeed boots to replace your mist mane.... The feeling of picking up a pair of blue gloves for like 7% or whatever attack speed on a glad was magical. Seeing a Kromede PA for the first time.... aaaaaaaaand now I'm reminiscing. 

38 minutes ago, Frig-EK said:

if people of the old server still do not have ultimate gear idk what  you guys were doing in the last few years, or you guys are really bad at the game or just pretending.

40% of EK players already have 5-6 pieces of firebrand ultimate gear, some of them +15, we didnt had omegas/temperings and old manastones to trade, not even accumulated ap over the 4 years, so if you guys still think its retarded for us to say you guys dont have full ultimate gear, im sorry we thought people with at least 2k posts in the forum know how to play the game they so much talk about.

Sounds like you guys are doing great! Not sure why you are all hear crying like lost little lambs for a server merge! qq.

Lol @ the number of people on EK that have full ulti gear. Maybe that's because you had zero competition? So you activated easy peasy mode and now suddenly feel able to play with the big boys? D'aww! That's so cute!

2k posts. Oh wait! You mean -me-! You sneaky little devils. Trying to slip that by me. Ouchie! You are going to hurt my feelers! No one has ever called me bad before! Oh.. wait. But let's just slip this right in here. Unlike you easy mode little snowflakes, I didn't need a fresh server to hide from exchange gear.

Here's the bottom line, kiddies. The Aion population isn't large enough to populate 3 servers. It hasn't had numbers like that for years. Those of us who have been around since launch knew this and stated it loud here on the forums. It seemed that the staff was actually listening. And yeah.. that was a surprise. Or maybe they just remember the train-wreck that was Beritra. But at the very last moment someone at NCWest decided that it wasn't too late to make one more bad decision. You are the result.

We, the players on DN and KT, shouldn't have to pay for that mistake.

NO MERGE.

I get that you can't stay on that empty server. They are going to have to do something about you eventually. (Key word.. eventually. In the past it has taken them ages to address empty servers.) I am hoping that the staff instead of merging and harming the DN and KT players instead just let's you all transfer for free to one of the other two server. Or they could actually help the health of the other two servers and force transfer all EK Elyos to DN and all the EK Asmos to KT.

31 minutes ago, Frig-EK said:

The gear issue that we had in EK was "fixed" according to the staff of aion, but since nothing in ncwest is transparent 

The only thing transparent about nc is their most overpriced item on the store. GOTTEM SPAGETT /insert 2thugs1skinnywhitegirl.png

6 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

I have some saved on my alts. And very old wings... some things made it through the years, I suppose. I wonder which would have worked out best in the end;

Abyss sets and Cruci Sets
Blood Marks and the new sets

I miss farming abyss gear, rifting for hours to farm for those coveted attack % gloves and runspeed boots to replace your mist mane.... The feeling of picking up a pair of blue gloves for like 7% or whatever attack speed on a glad was magical. Seeing a Kromede PA for the first time.... aaaaaaaaand now I'm reminiscing. 

I still have my skafir's wings on Cheesecake-Asmo because best wings. So happy they readded the skin with Mirash Sanctum.

I'm getting triggered thinking about farming for my attack speed gauntlets on Cheezecake back in 1.7/1.9. /external screaming. Mix of white/green/blue gear. I used the green crafted balaur PA (I think it had 7% attack speed on it) until I got the Betoni's one.

I do like the concepts behind blood mark and genesis crystal gear. It's just the differences between the stages of the ancient/legend/ulti gear and the RNG behind genesis gear is t r a s h.

Dude, did you just see the new NVidia 1660 TI graphics cards? They just posted today, I think, and I'm curious what their performance is like. I'm still using that 660 TI from millennia ago. Thinking of upgrading to it because I don't play anything that requires 2080 TI-grade hardware, but I'm reaching the limits of what my 660 TI can do.

18 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I still have my skafir's wings on Cheesecake-Asmo because best wings. So happy they readded the skin with Mirash Sanctum.

I'm getting triggered thinking about farming for my attack speed gauntlets on Cheezecake back in 1.7/1.9. /external screaming. Mix of white/green/blue gear. I used the green crafted balaur PA (I think it had 7% attack speed on it) until I got the Betoni's one.

I do like the concepts behind blood mark and genesis crystal gear. It's just the differences between the stages of the ancient/legend/ulti gear and the RNG behind genesis gear is t r a s h.

Dude, did you just see the new NVidia 1660 TI graphics cards? They just posted today, I think, and I'm curious what their performance is like. I'm still using that 660 TI from millennia ago. Thinking of upgrading to it because I don't play anything that requires 2080 TI-grade hardware, but I'm reaching the limits of what my 660 TI can do.

I can't find a freakin' comparison to the 1070ti and I haven't checked the specs. I upgraded from my 970 to a 1070 to a 1070ti all trying to eliminate a graphical issue (really I just used it as an excuse to upgrade because I know it's probably not my GPU :) ).

Aftershock had a crap ton of old stuff on him but he's gone now, c'est la vie.

I agree, the jump between stages is kind of extreme; getting to legendary is NOT bad at all anymore, but I feel like getting the legendary set to a usable point or to Ultimate is going to be much more time consuming for a while, maybe months, definitely changed my opinion on that. As time goes on, I hope to see more resources available from other players although it's clearly going to take a while for any sort of real economy on products to come to a point where it's feasible to rely on.

In 1.9/whatever I used to slot block and into my Glad. I was a special character back then.

4 minutes ago, Frig-EK said:

?????????????????

Thought cross servers instance like ID/Dredge and arenas were against every single server not only EK

ID I understand. Dredge is a matter of training/killing bosses for stones. Arenas are alt-friendly for progressive advancement. Most of that is within your control although Dredge is a real big variable.

Evergale is AFK central too, sooooooooooooo... maybe it isn't us playing the game wrong?

4 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

ID I understand. Dredge is a matter of training/killing bosses for stones. Arenas are alt-friendly for progressive advancement. Most of that is within your control although Dredge is a real big variable.

Evergale is AFK central too, sooooooooooooo... maybe it isn't us playing the game wrong?

You cant train mobs or kill bosses when the other team know how to play, if you outgear someone you simple steamroll them on their supply base and lock their side so they dont get gravity, yes maybe people with gear really isnt playing it right.

8 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

I can't find a freakin' comparison to the 1070ti and I haven't checked the specs. I upgraded from my 970 to a 1070 to a 1070ti all trying to eliminate a graphical issue (really I just used it as an excuse to upgrade because I know it's probably not my GPU :) ).

Aftershock had a crap ton of old stuff on him but he's gone now, c'est la vie.

I agree, the jump between stages is kind of extreme; getting to legendary is NOT bad at all anymore, but I feel like getting the legendary set to a usable point or to Ultimate is going to be much more time consuming for a while, maybe months, definitely changed my opinion on that. As time goes on, I hope to see more resources available from other players although it's clearly going to take a while for any sort of real economy on products to come to a point where it's feasible to rely on.

In 1.9/whatever I used to slot block and into my Glad. I was a special character back then.

People are saying it's slightly better than a 1070, and, for $275-$310, that's not bad.

Yeah, the enchant change has been nice. Wish it had happened sooner, but I'm glad it's happened at all. The economy is so shot. NCsoft really needs to address that. :/

I had evasion in my SM. It helped with twinks, lol.

Just now, Frig-EK said:

You cant train mobs or kill bosses when the other team know how to play, if you outgear someone you simple steamroll them on their supply base and lock their side so they dont get gravity, yes maybe people with gear really isnt playing it right.

Yeaaaah it's just, me and my dudes I play with don't exactly have a crap ton of gear? Like 1/2 - 3/4 legendary if that. We don't tend to have too much of a problem collecting most if not all the available resources in Dredge. We don't always get Grav but we usually walk away with more than the other team.

I realize gear has a huge impact on the outcome of these instances, particularly ID, but they certainly not the only defining factor in the outcome of your rewards.

8 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

People are saying it's slightly better than a 1070, and, for $275-$310, that's not bad.

Yeah, the enchant change has been nice. Wish it had happened sooner, but I'm glad it's happened at all. The economy is so shot. NCsoft really needs to address that. :/

I had evasion in my SM. It helped with twinks, lol.

Give me your prices? My 1070ti was like $800 or something after tax, lol. 
It should have been that sort of rate at roll out. The thing is, they create these problems and view them as a challenge, when really it's just making something take a long time and the only challenge, really, is being patient or having the money to spend. :S

20 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

Give me your prices? My 1070ti was like $800 or something after tax, lol. 
It should have been that sort of rate at roll out. The thing is, they create these problems and view them as a challenge, when really it's just making something take a long time and the only challenge, really, is being patient or having the money to spend. :S

1070 ti right now on Amazon is 570USD. D:

I don't hardcore game, but my card is finally starting to struggle with newer games. Rest of the rig is still great, so I'm not worried about it.

Money, tho. q_q US Healthcare? Thanks, medical emergency, lol.

27 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

1070 ti right now on Amazon is 570USD. D:

I don't hardcore game, but my card is finally starting to struggle with newer games. Rest of the rig is still great, so I'm not worried about it.

Money, tho. q_q US Healthcare? Thanks, medical emergency, lol.

Canada woooot- but I am behind on taxes soooo there goes extra spendables since my TRUCK INSURANCE IS $330 A MONTH? nyerk '97 F150.
My rig is the opposite, the GPU is the only good thing in it lol. My CPU is the same one I've been using for like 6 years (FX 8350) and it's just barely scraping by. Thankfully most new games seem optimized, like Apex. Then again I mostly play OW and that's not exactly an intensive game to begin with.

Siiigh. The complexities of rebuilding old rigs :(. All I can say is thank god for Temporal Anti-aliasing being more prevalent these days. I even went the extra mile last christmas and got an xbox one x just for red dead 2 because I knew it would run better than most games on my PC, even in 4k/high refresh rate on a 60"... life is so good...

28 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

It's precious that EK "elites" out here acting like we don't all know they p2w the shit out of Luna resets for Dredge/ID entries, entering dozens of times per day to get those enchantment stones. lel

So is it Downaria, Hackalam, and... Ereshkipay? Moneygal? Ehh, nothing sounds right, hm.

Ereshkipaypal? 

7 minutes ago, 2s30B77F-DN said:

Canada woooot- but I am behind on taxes soooo there goes extra spendables since my TRUCK INSURANCE IS $330 A MONTH? nyerk '97 F150.
My rig is the opposite, the GPU is the only good thing in it lol. My CPU is the same one I've been using for like 6 years (FX 8350) and it's just barely scraping by. Thankfully most new games seem optimized, like Apex. Then again I mostly play OW and that's not exactly an intensive game to begin with.

Siiigh. The complexities of rebuilding old rigs :(. All I can say is thank god for Temporal Anti-aliasing being more prevalent these days. I even went the extra mile last christmas and got an xbox one x just for red dead 2 because I knew it would run better than most games on my PC, even in 4k/high refresh rate on a 60"... life is so good...

Taxessssssssss D:

I'm still running around with a slightly OC'd i5-3570k, 16gb ram, ssd, etc. It's all working pretty darn splendidly. Just the card is getting pretty bad. :/ And I have concerns about the longevity of a well-used SSD, so I have to make sure I have nothing super important on it.

Archived